Networking

Are the ccna and rhcsa certs good for entry level networking positions?

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (474x382, 11K)

bump

I don't think those are "entry level" certs

Network+

Yes. They're a little above entry-level, but if you're good at getting them, do it. If you think it's a load of horseshit, get the CCENT first.

Yes, don't do the composite exam for CCNA though, do the two separate tests. Adding the CCNA Wireless, Security, and CCDA are pretty easy too. Don't just dump the tests since you'll be seen through pretty easy in an interview and you will be doing a disservice to yourself by not understanding the technology.

Studying for the RHCSA myself right now, not sure I want to continue though since they were bought by IBM, might just do the LPIC now.

You'll also want an intro course (they're free, just search jewtube) at least on Azure and/or AWS networking since they're here to stay. I wouldn't say a cert is necessary, but enough knowledge to at least understand the terminology so you can speak intelligently with your "cloud" people wherever you end up working is valuable and could put you ahead of the networking grey beards that don't want to learn the new stuff.

Understanding the basics of the technology you're configuring, and how the protocols actually work is imperative to being a great network admin, vs being stuck as an entry level dummy that just enters commands and they "work", but not knowing why. It's also REQUIRED to properly troubleshoot any complex network issues. That's why it's important to not just dump the tests, your paper would be worthless.

certificates are for retards

So how would you go about getting a job in IT without any proof of knowledge?

Volunteer somewhere, get references.
Technical interviews/skill testing questions.
Portfolios.

nice autism

Nah. You need the knowledge. Op can work at it helpdesk or something while building his knowledge of experience.

What knowledge? That an Ethernet frame is between 64 and 1522 bytes in size? Cisco exams are pure trivia and are precise to their environment, as you would expect.

If I were hiring someone, I want to ensure they know the general networking concepts, I don't care that they can copy/paste ten lines from a text file to a router console. It doesn't hurt to have certs, but it doesn't make you a God like people hype them up to be.

Of course not. Hence labing is pretty important and they do teach you what to do how. Certs get you the HR and knowledge/knowhow/experience gets the job.

>Certs get you the HR
If you're applying to a company and they don't hire you only because you don't have the cert they want, you dodged a bullet.

So should I do Cisco or CompTIA first?

You have to get the CCENT to get your CCNA anyway.

A lot of organisations have HR do the sifting or a lot of recruiters will tag people cause of shiny certs. Just talking about experience and what I've heard/seen user..

What route you looking at?

So what?

Network Architect here. CCNA is good for an entry level job if you've got some background. rhcsa is a nice bonus skills but not all networking shops do their own linux work.

Interning is your best bet. I've hired a lot of interns on full time.

Attached: 1501192743545.jpg (611x1067, 74K)

>The Chad Network Engineer route
vs
>The virgin sysadmin
lmao it's not even a choice

good advice actually

CompTIA is much easier. A+ is great for NEETs like I was, then you should look at the CCNA rather than Network+, because Network+ is nowhere near as respected.

Pajeet here, anyone recommend any good brain dumps?

Attached: 1532566754704.jpg (447x723, 41K)

Certs aren't going to get you the job Parneeth