/spg/ - Smartphone General

Phoneposting Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: 1542742343601.png (2518x1252, 2.35M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0FZsvOphj44
youtu.be/mHEAaZF0w6w?t=382
forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s9-plus/how-to/g965u-att-stock-odin-files-firmware-t3774820
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

mi5 constantly overheats, are all xiaomi phones like this?

Factory reset, if that doesn't fix it flash another ROM

best camera for the money? i don't trust (((dxomark)))

Pixel 3 / 3 XL for image quality, Mate 20 Pro or Galaxy S10 / S10+ for versatility with the widescreen and telephoto lens.

i guess the camera is one of those features you have to actually pay for eh. no chinkshit flagship-killer in the camera department. oh well. thanks my dude

Any compact phones like the xz2 compact on the horizon? Pixel 3a seems interesting but QC worries me, and the pricing.

You could get a Pocophone, Mi8 or Mi Mix 2S. They share the same sensor as Pixel 3 and take very good photos with the GCam port:
youtu.be/0FZsvOphj44
youtu.be/mHEAaZF0w6w?t=382

Galaxy S10e is 142mm

I don't wanna get the exynos shit desu.

Get the SD855 one then

you gonna post this thing again or should I do it for you?

>top priorities
- dual front-facing speakers
- Android One
- no notch, no other camera meme

>lower priorities
- good battery
- decent processor and RAM - a modern 6xx and even just 3GB RAM would suffice
- LCD display

>don't care about
- camera

They'll never make the phone I want ;_;
Fucking retarded industry with all their shitty fucking memes

Attached: 1519413101672.jpg (750x1000, 65K)

Xperia 4 is going to be the same width as the xz2c but slightly shorter than the galaxy s8.

If Sony adds a 4000mah battery a headphone Jack and doesn't price it at 500$ it'll be the king of hobbit phones.

Knowing Sony though they're going to fuck it up. Seriously the development gooks at Sony need to be senppukud

Forgot picture

Attached: Xperia4_1553090543097.jpg (875x492, 47K)

I did it guys, I've joined the PocoGang. Where my PocoBros at?

Attached: DSC_0373.jpg (2935x3130, 841K)

That seems interesting desu, I might wait for that to release.

Sony XZ Premium/ XZ1/XZ1 Compact, Pixel 2/2 XL and 3 all have stereo front facing speakers and stock Android.

Forgot to mention Sony XZ2 series and XZ3. Razer Phone 1 & 2 also have the front speakers and the software is close to stock.

I'll pick one up if this is real, these newer phones are hard too hard to hold with one hand.

Same thing here brosephs. I really really realllly hope Sony doesn't fuck it up too bad. If they just design like an xz1c 3.0 with minimum bezelz it would be perfection.

Looking to get a Note 9. I use the stylus input for a lot things and looking to retire my x220t for work use.

Question is, do I get
> grey market international version from Amazon
- almost £200 cheaper
- dual sim
- no warranty

> Dual sim version from Samsung store
- free gear VR (never used VR is this a meme or is it actually good)
- 2 year warranty
- can get cheap worldwide insurance plan, negating the need for cases etc.
- option to get 512GB version with free 512GB SD card, but then muh dual sim is pointless
-expensive af

Bit torn here I want dual sim for work and personal calls, plus travelling. Anyone have any experience with the options on this phone?

What's the best custom rom I can install on a moto g5?

Ugly ass brick

You did good famalam fuck the haters

what is this guy talking about lads?

notch
bottom firing speaker

fucking orrible m8

What should I be looking at if I want total freedom and control over my own smartphone?

it's not possible
either accept the botnet if you want a useful smartphone

or go without a smartphone, go back to the old way of living

does not sound that bad

4gb or 6?
Back fingerprint scanner?
Camera button remappable?
Actual US bands unlike the XA2+?

>best camera for the money?
An actual camera, not a smartphone camera. Next? Since you didn't how much, that's the only possible answer.

librem 5

Need oled screen, kinda want nfc and wireless charge. Dont want to spend more then 600$, should I go for a used galaxy? A galaxy a50 maybe? The xiaomi 8 and 9 get hyped here, are they just a meme?

Get the Mi9

Anyone? Should I install android 8.1 or lineage meme?

why do you need a custom rom?

I have a better phone now but I have never tried installing any custom rom in a phone before. I want to use my old moto g5 as a Guinea pig and learn some things.

yo lil donnie!

Pixel 3 or Mate 20 Pro
disregard all else.

ok
lineage is probably the best

but honestly i wouldn't mess with custom roms any more
security disaster

the permavirgin phone

Attached: 1493247076344.png (595x594, 489K)

Mi9 se global when?

That's a big cone.

I wish Google had better QC and bigger batteries. As it stands there's nothing worth buying except OnePlus phones.

How good is Android at RAM management nowadays? My phone is still on 6.0.1 and comes with 3GB of RAM and I'm noticing it isn't really sufficient, surely modern Android is better at that

>1 week left in Q1
>no news of pie update for v35 yet
not exactly surprised
iffy on gestures and status bar fuckery and vertical recents and some other things, hope LG's skin takes care of some of it. But don't really mind staying on oreo a bit longer.

Attached: 1552772802006.png (1374x2048, 1.08M)

>xiaomi androidone ie. shit
>throttling issues
>laggy internal storage

>throttling issues
>laggy internal storage
Those are Mi A2 issues, A2 Lite isn't affected

I think I'm gonna buy the Mi Mix 2s. It's like a prettier Pocophone.

Am I making a mistake?

imagine pulling out this chinky iphone clone in public

more liek PooPhone amirite

Pocophone still have better specs tho. I personally don't care that much about design so I may be biased.

Why didn't you fucking assholes tell me that Gcam could make even cheap chinkphone cameras Google Pixel quality???

Attached: 1dxl1v.jpg (150x150, 6K)

>better specs

Aside from the battery, how so?

Jesus I fucking hate modern designs. Literally ever single phone maker with US bands:
>Keep making them bigger
>Taking fingerprint off the back and putting it in the bottom under the screen on bigger phones
>Remove headphone jack
>Sub-3500 mAh battery with higher resolution/bigger screens
>ALWAYS 4GB or smaller
>Notch/bezeless shit when a few centimeters doesn't fucking matter and can cause palm registering touches

Fucking hell just looking at all the upcoming phones makes me sick. Why can poco, Xperia XA2, or blackberry evolve X come to the fucking states. I despise all these fucking flagships but they are my only options for reliable bands where I live in the country with T-Mobile.

Attached: 3d91e76568db9971fc5d5a9a94407461.jpg (736x1076, 415K)

If you're going for a Mi Mix might as well just spend extra on the Mi Mix 3 so you can flex on normies with your slider.

It only works on the pocomeme because it has the same sensor and processor as the Pixel 2XL.
It won't do anything for your 4 year old Huawei.

>Samsung has a decent Oled equipped mid range
>MI A3 will come with in-screen fingerprint reader. (Therefor screen is oled)

Finally? We getting OLED on cheapo phones?

>lineage meme
>poco meme
I don't get this meme about calling good things a meme

Attached: bplvz6gcrcl11.jpg (540x538, 58K)

So which overpriced piece of shit you've bought and are experiencing buyer's remorse for?

Has a headphone jack and expandable storage, for one.

>Why didn't you fucking assholes tell me that Gcam could make even cheap chinkphone cameras Google Pixel quality???
Everyone did. You haven't been here for even a month, have you? Also, it's not impossible to find out about this yourself.

>So which overpriced piece of shit you've bought and are experiencing buyer's remorse for?
u couldve gotten literally any other 200-250 stylish phone (like the honor 8x) but u chose permavirginity

Attached: 1551303099254.jpg (467x314, 38K)

>It only works on the pocomeme because it has the same sensor and processor as the Pixel 2XL.
It works on virtually all phones, but there's no much point in using a 4 year old device now because you can get a dual camera phone for not very much money these days.

>form > function
Go away and never come back.

By that I meant that it only really gives results comparable to the Pixel camera on phones like the mememboy

If I flash with a frimware with a lower bootloader version than I currently have what will happen?

Attached: image0-47.png (381x676, 273K)

You will most likely get your phone stuck in a bootloop.

Why is that?

Because if you have a Xiaomi device for example, that will happen.

lmao, just noticed that every time you open a video from Play Store it plays on this old as fuck youtube legacy code with holo interface.

Attached: Screenshot_20190323-151640.png (1280x720, 206K)

The Mi Mix 3 (4G) is like 50% more expensive than the Mi Mix 2s, which I'm already a bit apprehensive against buying.

>tfw iPhones are dying in my country
Feels good, Samsung and Huawei phones are the most common phones now and Xiaomi is opening up shop and is being shilled hard by the biggest mobile carrier

Can I get a link for some Odin files? SM-G965U For ATT 8.0? Can't find them anywhere.

Attached: kobeni_vector_by_zakioka_d83ibzu-pre.png (721x1109, 376K)

If I flash with a frimware with a higher bootloader version than I currently have what will happen?

That's not even Holo, it's 2.x.

>Go away and never come back.

Attached: 1491886661507.jpg (530x530, 71K)

That's not necessarily better though, well maybe it would be better if the mi mix didn't have:
>NFC
>Qi charging
>Global bands
>Optical Image Stabilization
>No notch :^)

Neither is better overall, but I'm happy with my Mix 2s for the lack of notch and more premium look. And the NFC payment option is nice to have actually.

Anyone hype for the Xperia 1? Handlets need not apply

Attached: Sony-Xperia-1-2.jpg (782x440, 124K)

Does it happen on your phone too? I tried on my S3 and it's exactly the same shit.

Just tried it on my V30 running Oreo, definitely happens on all phones.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-23-12-05-29.png (2880x1440, 253K)

Not really.

>global bands
What kind of shithole do you live in where you don't get the y common bands?

>but honestly i wouldn't mess with custom roms any more
>security disaster
got any proof to back up this blatant bullshit?

>got any proof to back up this blatant bullshit?
Of course he doesn't.

well no shit, I just wanted to see what the faggot would say

BEEFY

Attached: beefy.jpg (1000x640, 72K)

forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s9-plus/how-to/g965u-att-stock-odin-files-firmware-t3774820

what would you actually recommend between poco vs mi 8 vs mix 2s? poco is quite a lot cheaper, what do the other phones have to offer, especially wrt the camera? which one has the best GCAM port?

Fucking pajeets man

LineageOS Unofficial (Pie)

or

Resurrection Remix Official (Pie)?

>which one has the best GCAM port?
The same port works on all three since the sensor is the same. I'd assume Mi8 and Mix 2S have a slight edge over the Poco camera-wise since they've got OIS and Poco doesn't.

Android Q port when?

Good phones without notch and with headphone jack?

Always go with the official ROM if you have a choice.

Galaxy S10e

Anything other than official Lineage is pajeet trash, even if it has "official" slapped on the title.

Price: poco < 2s < mi 8
Camera: poco = mi 8 < 2s
Selfiecam: 2s < poco = mi 8
Battery: 2s = mi 8 < poco
Looks: poco = mi 8