He is a programmer in 2019

>he is a programmer in 2019
>makes less than 150k

Attached: 1547126933890.jpg (258x544, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survivorship_bias
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

150K what? Yen? Rubles?

Only top 0.01% of entire programmer population make that much money tho

150k Zimbabwe dollars?

>lives in california
>gets 150k
>each month he gets stressfull cause he barely can survive

Sorry I Iive in Poland.
More like pooland.

more like poorland lol

Seriously? In my field it's not uncommon if you have a few years of experience.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survivorship_bias

Rupees

¥150K/month is pretty low, yes! XD

What's your job, frog poster?

>he makes $150k
>he can't even afford a 2 bedroom 1 bath shit house since it's still $1.2M

Attached: 1337759785643.jpg (1242x1182, 132K)

>tfw 400$/month and happy

>tfw 700 a month to live in a house with a garage
The guy owns the house and pay flat 700 a month. One paycheck covers that with left over money, and my next paycheck covers all bills and have plenty of money left over

>tfw you live in a state where your hourly wage is double of the state's minimum wage.

I don't want to be a programmer anymore. I can't stand the culture, I can't stand office culture, I don't like that I'm going to have to spend my entire life learning it over and over again, and I hate that no matter what I'll do I'll always be slower than most other programmers.
I think I'm just going to see if I can get like a street sweeper job or something. Intellectual work is fucking exhausting. At least when I'm doing manual shit I can go away in my head and think of other things.
But when I'm programming, I'm stuck in a fucking chair, and I can't think of anything else than what is before me.

Attached: 389.png (176x232, 29K)

I live in California and spend $30k a year.

>Programming

Isnt that the 2019 equivalent of factory working? Eastern europeans do that shit for like 20-30 USD an hour

This OP. You're rekt

Attached: cde2b4986ce2c3cbb85d98e0490cc2f2.png (500x566, 131K)

>he calls himself a programmer in 2019
>works on other peoples code

Attached: 1552677500231.png (1795x1795, 878K)

live in your car then

Same. I'll be making around $163k in California this year and my only real cost is rent - company pays for phone, food, and internet.

What type of development do you do? I used to be really interested in academia but now that I'm doing it I learned its shit and got really disenchanted from it, now I just want a fat paycheck desu. Was going to do a PHD now I'm just going to apply for a non thesis based masters at the end of next year

If I get back all the money I ever made and all the money I will ever make, it will not add to 150K

Attached: 7864567.jpg (482x427, 40K)

I work at a large company (think Google or Apple) working on location services for mobile phones. It's about 20% research on improving accuracy, 20% phone OS development, and 60% backend server work.

It's pretty comfy, I'm the only one on my team with a masters or PhD.

cope

That's like 3 years of saving for a down payment and a mortgage of $4000 a month.

I live in Europe so it's normal.

>He makes six figures
>lives in a 1 bedroom shit hole
Literally so many people I know that live in seattle and silicon valley. My closest friend tried to get a place in downtown seattle so he could be within walking distance of everywhere since he's tired of the traffic and it was either having to settle for a place that should be condemned, or fork over 80% of his paycheck.

>It's pretty comfy, I'm the only one on my team with a masters or PhD.
This explain why your team is solving problems from 10 years ago.

shitty_larp/20
Jow Forums can do better than this

Why the fuck would you ever want more than 1 bedroom? I live in a 1 bedroom and the living room is completely empty.

I misspoke - I'm the only one on my team WITHOUT a PhD. And location accuracy has improved greatly over the past 5 years but still needs work.

>be below average cs grad in california
>fail to get any good offers
>settle for a 90k entry level job on the east coast
is this ok? I know a lot of my classmates are going to be staying in California making like $110k+ so im wondering if I am a failure.

Attached: 1436466816362.png (760x720, 439K)

Yeah living in LA working at Google. Nowhere else pays nearly as well even NYC pales in comparison. Only extremely specialized skillsets will be making that much without 10+ years of experience such as a finance trader working with FPGAs in NYC, they easily make over 200k plus extra compensation depending on their success. But again that's highly specialized in a single area and not a skill lots of people have or know about

>imagine actually thinking this
I make 250k in Seattle with 3 years of experience doing mindless Javascript work.

sure you do

No, we don't do it for $30 per hour, it's more in the range of $15/hour.

>Be physics post-doc
>Doing programming 98% of the time
>Make 60k p/a
>Not a single day in the last 6 years that I've wished I had another job

Is it worth pursuing more bucks for a job that's most likely going to be less enjoyable?

Hey,

What do you work and where are you based? I am thinking of pursuing a physics degree but I am not sure if it would be worth it career-wise.

I'm in Earth remote sensing (learning about clouds, aerosols and trace gases using satellites), I'm in Colorado and loving it. But there's a multitude of physics careers, and the various choices you making along your uni time are going to make or break it.

Bad bait

You're getting cream pied by taxes on that $150k and you are way better off making 75k in a place where a houses costs 600k.

Not to mention in these metropolitan areas where you do get paid big bucks you have to dodge hiv+ needles and homeless people screaming at you while you walk on the side walks

lol

Attached: 1553378471.png (525x232, 24K)

>250k salary
how much goes into taxes? 50%?

>250k for writing js
you must be working with cutting edge shit to be paid that much?

No I'm not. I can buy your 600k house with straight up cash after 6 years. Also no one in those makes makes only 150k a year. It's all 200k+.

>how much goes into taxes? 50%?
28%.
>you must be working with cutting edge shit to be paid that much?
If you consider jQuery to be cutting edge, sure.

>If you consider jQuery to be cutting edge, sure.
something doesn't add up. how are you paid that much in Seattle? why don't more people have that job, since it pays so much?

I make 150k not in CA doing very specialized work 3 years out of school

>you only get taxed 28% on 250k
larper confirmed

I'm sorry you are underage and don't know how to do taxes.

>live in a place with high cost of living & salary during your younger years
>save up a lot of money
>move somewhere with lower COL when you're older and want to settle down

easy

or just get a remote job for a company based in the bay lol

In a high col area sure

>be American
>make 50 trillion dollars at an entry level job
>a studio apartment costs 4000 dollars
>a 2 bedroom 1 bathroom house on 0.05 acres of land costs 1.5mil
>have to pay for health insurance
>10000 dollar out of pocket max
>non life threatening surgeries arent covered
>cancer treatment not fully covered
>10000 dollars for an ambulance ride 5 miles away
>millions in debt and you still have to pay your premium each month
>all while still paying off your 200000 student loan debt
>get stabbed to death by a random homeless man high on crack on your way to work
Fuk yah merica

>75k in a place where a houses costs 600k
That house would be out of reach at that salary unless you spend 20 years saving for a significant down payment.
t. lower middle class

Yuropoor cope
You will never be free and be able to retire at 35

Neither will an American.

Someone on my team retired last year when he was 28.

Depends on part of the east coast.
In some areas you will have more buying power than your buddies back in cali.

110k in Cali is like 20 dollars an hour anywhere reasonable

Why do you even want to retire? Working is fun.

>imagine paying your code monkeys 150k

Attached: 4tyweiwn6gl01.jpg (750x677, 69K)

Working on whatever you want is better than working on whatever Mr. Shekelstein tells you to work on.

I don't think you can buy a brand new BMW every year earning 20 dollars an hour.

how?

By quitting his job and not getting a new one.

Invest years of your life in meme degree that will be worthless in a few years because you only know the current meme framework on the day on the hopes of maybe making enough to retire at 28.

It is not about how much you make, it is about what you do with it. If you aren't buying assets with your leftover pay, you will never get ahead.

what should i buy user

Buy an index fund, but be consistent about your investing to get maxiumum results. When the market goes up or down always invest the same amount. For example I put $150 every week into my retirement account no matter what the market is doing

[ ] be American
[ ] walk to work
Pick one, Eurotrash

>index fund
Oh boy.

Bros i am studying computer networks... Will i get fucked if i am a introvert to get job? I can speak with people i just really have a problem interacting normally outside of work.
What should i focus to get a job that wot make me need to interact too much, i really dont want to drop the spaghetti.

>be european
>be bombed
>or have acid thrown in your face
>or be part of a massacre by muslims
>or have your daughter be trucked
seriously tough i will never not be mad about the that girl who was fucking torn in pieces by a fucking muslim on a truck, i am not Jow Forums but i seriously hate this fucking religion of peace.

>i don't
then stop whining and fucking quit fag

And I don't think someone making 110k in cali could afford a new bmw every couple years without having to live in a studio apartment

>Be American
>Live in a police and surveillance state worse than the DDR while congress pumps trillions into pointless wars instead of fixing the countries failing infrastructure because 18 years ago someone flew a plane into some buildings

Every year. Not every couple of years.

Yeah, america is pretty bad too.
And the current administration is not on any wars by what i know tough, i may be wrong.

I know what I said. And a baseline model is only 40k. Itd be impressive if it was a new M series every year. But nobody is buying a new anything every year anyways.

I buy new condoms significantly more often than that

As far as I know Trump is currently pulling out of Syria etc because ISIS is "bankrupt and finished" according to him, but I doubt that will last very long. Probably just as long as the next Muslim attack on American soil before he does a full 180 and goes to town again.
And I totally agree with you, I hate pol but fuck the religion of peace.

Of course not. That was just illustrative of what sort of lifestyle you could have. Alternatively, you could go out and spend $100 on sushi every night.

You are a slave.
If your company pays for for food, that means you aren't leaving the campus. You have no life.

>He doesn't buy a new toilet every time he used it once

At the cost of having the highest population of homeless people. Being surrounded by violent gangs. Having to speak Spanish 50% of the time. Having to wake up at 3AM to get to work otherwise you'll be stuck in traffic for over an hour for an otherwise 20 minute commute. To not be able to afford a home. To have higher taxes and food and services costing more. For it to be more expensive to own a vehicle there. For a higher chance of being the victim of a crime violent or otherwise. Being forced to limit your water usage and the risk of earthquakes and fires.
CA is not worth the money. I moved from there to the east coast and life is a hell of a lot better.

Nice larp. You've obviously never lived in Silicon Valley if that's what you think it is like.

user. Those are literally statistical facts.

Cool guys work remotely for cali dosh in a cheap location.

any tips on escaping the bay area bros? I don't understand why anybody would willingly live here outside of ridiculous job offers, it's expensive like a city but you need a car to get anywhere and the traffic is so bad that it takes longer to get around than if you lived in suburban hell. I'm thinking ny because it's an actual city, been practicing interview questions for a while now and gonna apply once I hit a year at my current place.

Yeah, it's a statistical fact that you have to speak Spanish 50% of the time when less than 1/5 of the population is Hispanic.

Attached: 1553386758.png (822x595, 71K)

This. The Bay Area is a man-made hellhole. Low rises everywhere, suburban hell, overpriced hipster fusion restaurants and boba.
At this point, it's a meme. People flock there because there's an established tech scene, but it has no real reason to be there other than just randoms piling up on the hype.

There's no public transport (Caltrain and BART are a thing, but their coverage is very limited, useless), droughts, high crime rates, etc.
Renting a place? Fucking forget it. Now imagine you get married and have a family, but your significant other is not in softeng... you're now fucked. Buying a place? Not going to happen. And if you do, enjoy the daily gridlocked traffic which gets worse after a tiny drizzle.

BUT HEY, YOU CAN BUY A BMW!

Check this out:

I dunno how easy this is because I left America instead of going to California for work, but I know a guy who worked in silicon valley for a while then got a remote job and moved to Montana (which is where he's from). Although he's now in my new country so I guess he got tired of that.

>The rest doesn't matter because the obvious shitpost about speaking Spanish is bullshit

Sure. Let's take down your stupid claims about crime next.

Attached: 1553387175.png (1407x540, 40K)

The love of money is the root of all evil
t. god

Conspicuous consumption is pretty lame my dudes.

Then stop being a programmer, brainlet.

>Shows a shitty text written in Word

>Expects anyone to believe it.

I'm a Navy Seal, btw :3

Hello Misses Navy Seal will you also wipe me off the face of the earth with precision the likes of which has never been seen before?

that's another thing I forgot to post that I hated about the tech industry in the bay area. I'm not a minimalist fag but I hate all these people with no taste who have just found their way into huge sums of money blowing tons of their cash on stupid shit. tons of people making decent money but not great and they rent out these expensive luxury apartment, eat out at nice restaurants all the time, and buy expensive consumer tech and that's all there is to their personality.

At least go through the effort to fake some evidence if you are calling others out on it.