Precision vs. Thinkpad

>Enter laptop store
>Start picking up random laptops and flexing their LCDs all the way back
>Press fist into the center of the keyboard to see the flex
>Twist the chassis
>Touch the clit

Does anyone else do this? I live in NYC and have done this in several flagship stores, B&H, the Microsoft store.

My finding so far has been that Dell Precision and enterprise-line laptops are some of the few to hold up to that treatment. No surprise since they're typically leased for 3-4 years as workhorses for the top companies in the country.

Thinkpads have become increasingly delicate and almost every newer model has soldered RAM. So why doesn't an American company with American-minded security practices have the same cult that Thinkpad does? Precisions even have clits.

Attached: s-l1000.jpg (1000x699, 60K)

>2009
>enter Applel store
>see nice white Macbook, considering buying it
>open the Terminal start vi and type some ruby
>store manager comes
>"sir what are you doing?"
>Ah I'm just writing a bit of-
>"sir please leave or I'll call security"
>never touch an Apple laptop again

I use Apple stores to charge my phone, surf the net, look up restaurants. I've never even be asked if I needed help.

It's funny to ask questions in these laptop showcase stores. You can ask a trivial question about the CPU and they'll start panicking and then you point out that the price and info signs are switched up and the faces they make..

i got a w541, but i shoulda got a dell instead, disappointed i supported chicks

>Does anyone else do this?

I don't do this because:

1) All the physical stores don't sell laptops with trackpoints, or in other words business laptops

2) All the physical stores are selling plasticky ultra-ultrabooks/tablets by LG, Acer e.t.c. Not the nice plastic feel btw.

3) If you twist the chassis they can literally break because they are too light and thin

4) These laptops usually have keyboards that are welded to the palmrest which is a bad design

5) The LCDs can bend all the way back anyway; that how tablets/ultrabook convertibles usually work

6) No stores here sell 2nd hand unless you go to a specialized region.

The new HP Elitebook don't have solder RAM, and Dell Latitude upgraded from the U series in 5X90 to the H series in 5X91 models, skipping the new U series altogether

so are hp currently best for workstation laptops? is there anyone that doesnt use bga cpus?

>So why doesn't an American company with American-minded security practices have the same cult that Thinkpad does? Precisions even have clits.
The cult of ThinkPad exists mostly around pre-2011/2012 ThinkPads which are still quite usable today so once the need for upgrades comes (which still probably won't be very soon since IBM thinkpads are still usable) I know that I'll definitely consider precisions. How well do they fare in terms of repairability?

>is there anyone that doesnt use bga cpus?
Not possible, since 5th generation Intel stopped making M series laptop CPUs. All CPUs are Y, U and H series which are soldered.

>hp currently best for workstation laptops?

Their zBooks and Elitebooks are fine. If you don't mind a wrapper-plastic quality casing without a rollcage, the Probook 600 series are also alright. Do take note that their batteries are not great however. Dell provides 68Wh batteries in contrast.

but red is better than blue

the only real advantage a precision has over a thinkpad is you can flip it over and fry an egg on it

because the IBM association

>literally attempting to praise Dell for... wait for it... build quality
Chill, shill.

that's a nice thick laptop. what is it called because the name is blurred
never post this again please

>So why doesn't an American company with American-minded security practices have the same cult that Thinkpad does?
Because Dell doesn't have an army of shillposters on Jow Forums.

sir please leave this thread or I'll call security

I was given a Dell Ultrabook by my work, in comparison to my Chromebook it's sturdy as fuck. The Chromebook looks like it would blow away in a light breeze. Additionally, the Chromebook screen flickers when you move it.

I don't get this meme over Dell build quality. Are you people all just autistic manchildren or something? My Dell Studio is nearly 10 years old but still works flawlessly because I treated it well (and because it doesn't have an nVidia card). I imagine their enterprise laptops are even better.

I have a Chromebook and it's sturdy and high quality. It's almost like there's many different manufacturers of Chromebooks of varying price-ranges.

>Thinkpads have become increasingly delicate and almost every newer model has soldered RAM.
I don't think this is true for their workstation models

Dell precision M6500, or some other M6000 series model. Most of them look like that

>chromebook
>high quality
shit bait