Palemoon

>slower than all modern browsers
>NO security updates ever, vulnerable as fuck
>gnome 3 mentality among devs
>no plugin compatibility

why the fuck would ANYONE use this other than to be a fucking hipster??

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.png (950x525, 234K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.mozilla.org/SeaMonkey/StatusMeetings/2019-03-16
github.com/jasperla/openbsd-wip/issues/86
youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8
web.archive.org/web/20091207165153/http://www.palemoon.org/
github.com/jasperla/openbsd-wip/commit/59812ef678fa40b306cee4ef3f3a7278c12dd7ae
forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?t=21626#p163233
moonchildproductions.info/goanna.shtml
forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?p=134236&sid=8eacf67d3676a1b8a029418a3e86eec6#p134236
forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=16504
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Astaghfirullah do you not think about the shame you bring to your mother.

I wish it was good

Attached: 1471219609104.jpg (462x462, 79K)

I honestly don't understand the hate. it runs perfectly fine and it works a lot better with "modern" websites unlike seamonkey which is surviving by a thread sadly

I'm with you on Pale moon, tho you are wrong about SeaMonkey

>SeaMonkey 2.49.5 will be the next minor release.
>SeaMonkey 2.57 will be the next major release after 2.49.x becomes EOL.
> SeaMonkey 2.57 will be build from the comm-esr60 repo.

SeaMonkey/StatusMeetings/2019-03-16
wiki.mozilla.org/SeaMonkey/StatusMeetings/2019-03-16

oh. this really pleases me

>loads slower, stutters more, wont even load images half the time on here

yeah okay, sounds like you've never used a modern browser

I never had these issues

I wanna cuddle all over his muscled furry body.

reminder: github.com/jasperla/openbsd-wip/issues/86

Attached: money_for_nothing_music_video.jpg (757x568, 65K)

>SeaMonkey 2.57 will be the next major release after 2.49.x becomes EOL.
>SeaMonkey 2.57 will be build from the comm-esr60 repo
feels good man

sounds like you never used seamonkey.

Lmao, (((OpenBSD))) BTFO. Never installing that shit on my hardware, the devs can't even read and get hissy when you point it out.

I take back what I said about seamonkey. the latest version literally runs everything perfectly

what is the gnome 3 mentality.
enlighten me

So what should I use then: (((Firefox))) or (((chrome)))

The developer of palememe is a sexual degenerate. There is no legitimate reason to use it instead of firefox.

>software has confusing and nebulous rules for distribution
>wtf why is no one following my license????
God bless degenerate autists like this for making the GPL so appealing.

gnu/icecat

>The developer of palememe is a sexual degenerate
Rather that than a kike.

this
just turn off the shitty meme extensions and get ublock origin/umatrix and its the perfect browser

Use Firefox.

>Still better than the competition despite all that
Times are tough desu

Attached: 1549154979431.jpg (550x506, 53K)

There's no financial incentive to make a good browser since all of the money comes from jewing data from users. Mozilla at this point only exists so Google technically has competition and doesn't get sued by the feds.

Now that Microcrap has announced that Edge will be switching to the Chromium engine, Firefox is the last open source browser that is technologically advanced enough to compete with and even exceed the Chrome engine in a lot of cases.

Unless you want a for profit ad company to have complete control of web standards going forward, it is imperative that retards here stop using Chrome.

Wait... People actually use it unironically?

youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8

the only reason it was made was so you could roll back to the old UI when australis launched. back then it was a 1:1 copy with the old UI but as time went on it made no sense to use it since the original goal wasn't possible anymore. now it's just a meme.

Australis became default in 2014 and Pale Moon has been around since 2009...

web.archive.org/web/20091207165153/http://www.palemoon.org/

>complete baloney: the post

He's a kike too, recall that time when he started blocking adblockers from palemmeme because it hurt his business model

>Farewell, petulant children.
Oh wow. What a dweeb.

Well fuck.

Attached: Pale.png (1295x815, 144K)

>github.com/jasperla/openbsd-wip/issues/86
can someone give me a tl;dr on this?

Moonchild thinks that anyone who is distributing Pale Meme in binary form and is not following his policy on PM's libraries is damaging PM's reputation since people might find bugs that don't happen in their official release.

Then some guys made a PM port for OpenBSD which needed some changes to work properly, and then one of their assblasted mods on the forum came to their github page most likely just to piss of that guy rather than branding problem. Thing is that the PM they had in their ports system was in source form and unaffected by their policy, but they removed the port just to spite those faggots.

>Remove. clearly, they don't want users, and we're not gonna give them any.
github.com/jasperla/openbsd-wip/commit/59812ef678fa40b306cee4ef3f3a7278c12dd7ae

thanks friend

OpenBSD kikes were distributing a modified fork of Pale Moon under the name of "Pale Moon," so the Pale Moon developers asked them to knock it off, so OpenBSD removed it from their repository.

fuck off furfag

Attached: 1502655283416.jpg (1200x756, 169K)

"You will comply"

Holy shit what an autistic retarded spastic.

Not only is the palemoon baseddev a degenerate, his henchmen are some sort of *nothing personal kiddo* spergs

mashallah brother, upholding sharia in Jow Forums

>cares about what kinds of sex people have
Youre either a cuck or pol cancer

ok kiddo

>firefox
Which is bankrolled by Soros, so you know it's legit!

Pentadactyl

It had to be the job of that massive mongoloid autist. Based openbsd devs.

today, only two kind of browsers works

chromium and chromium forks

>why the fuck would ANYONE use this
Because it still has a civilized UI, unlike all other browsers

Attached: pm.png (1491x907, 104K)

Attached: based.png (1201x879, 478K)

>not putting tabs on top

Attached: palememe.png (2560x1400, 186K)

mein nigger

Attached: S0K4nqFSmu.png (1920x1050, 121K)

(((ibara))) pls, lay down the donut you fat faggot and learn how to respect trademark law.

Firefox Developer Edition master race here, your inferior browsers make me laugh.

>slower in contrived benchmarks to push insecure, bloated, privacy-raping ""modern web"" """"standards"""" (i.e. embrace, extend, extinguish) by google.
in real world usage it is far faster and lighter, and despite its blazig fast performance, has more faetures than nu-fox or chrom*

it regularly gets secuity updates, on a near monthly basis, including not just backports from firefox, but also defense-in-depth security.

the entirely of addons avaiable for xul on the old addons.mozilla.org website is available as a single extension: classic addons archive.
although they are no longer used by websites in the wild, if you so chpose, you can install all the plugins that ever were available, including security noghtmares like java, shockwave, and flash, and drm cancer like silverlight

why would anyone use any other browser?

Attached: oyasumi_reference__fursona__by_doqberry-d8ylyxy.png (1024x603, 339K)

Runs better on slow hardware than anything else besides even bigger memes like Midori, which don't work nearly as well.

How considerate! That dirty fucking furry's fur forms a target pattern!

Holy shit Pale Moon devs are fucking arrogant fucks. I used the browser for a while, gave up and switched to waterfox since pale moon would randomly have issues and wasnt as compatible. Glad I did now.

did you bother reading past the first 3 posts? the pale moon dev came in like a bull in a china shop and attacked a volunteer for a work-in-progres port on a staging server. it's revealed partway down his primary complaint wouldn't even be relevant on the official tree because they dont allow the custom libs the volunteer and hacked together to obtain functionality.

While a dick move to the volunteer, I think OpenBSD made the right decision kicking out the palemoon port. those fucks clearly dont give a shit about users.

it's fast on old 32 bit computers

WTF I love Pale Moon now.

Attached: PKR2.gif (500x500, 600K)

You've pissed Moonchild off now!

Holy shit. Fuck all of these people. Glad I don’t use openBSD or Palemoon, clearly that shit is for faggots and niggers

>exceed the Chrome engine
Nigga I tried firefag and this shit with zero plug ins and telemetry turned off was eating more RAM than Chrome with Ublock matrix, this shit is so fucking heavy it’s insane. And it was slow as fuck

This.
Give me a browser that has comparably good UX as that as well as some essential addons' features (e.g. uBlock/ABP and uMatrix/NoScript equivalent) while being otherwise better and I might consider switching. Otherwise, Pale Moon with Pentadactyl has the best browser UX among all modern browsers.

"if you dont speak english clck here to select ither languages, and you know that this button is the language selection becquse we wrote it in the language you have to not know to be useful for you, instead of making small flags wich indicates that there is an difference for other countries like language

It was the only browser that ran on my old Samsung netbook from 2010 or so. Chrome and Firefox would waste all the ram so I couldn't open Word or Adobe reader at the same time.

This
My parents computer is an old ass pentium 4 and the only browser that can run on it without choking up the system is palemoon, with its low as fuck ram usage
Chrome and Firefox are fucking insane

>a browser run by a batshit crazy furry that so old and deprecated it's only real use is to run on a rapidly becoming obsolete architecture is fast and lite on resources...

I don't disagree that modern browsers are memory hogs but running a browser that old - it might as well be pic related.

Moonchild's dummy spits are fun to watch tho.

Attached: mosaic.jpg (2048x1453, 448K)

Y O U W I L L USE PALE MOON

Attached: 3889475.png (400x400, 230K)

Biggest problem with Pale Moon is it won’t be able to play Google Stadia.

>browser that old
Moar horseshit from you brah

>BLOG: This is rumor control, here are the facts - 2019 edition
forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?t=21626#p163233

>The Goanna Layout Engine
moonchildproductions.info/goanna.shtml

>"the facts" according to Moonchild

brah.

I miss PM. I switched to Opera years ago cause of video pop-out, I then had no need for my 2nd monitor so I got rid of that, and now it's impossible to use any other browser.

OpenBSD did absolutely nothing wrong

OpenBSD is irrelevant kike filled foggotry

forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?p=134236&sid=8eacf67d3676a1b8a029418a3e86eec6#p134236

>>> Well done, you have completely not understood what happened or who "killed" it.

"Our way or the highway" doesn't fly when you're enabling official branding (including trademarks and branding you don't have rights to) as if it was public domain. And then demanding the IP rights holder to come in as the only accepted valid voice in the matter while things are clearly stated in the source AND redist license is exactly what makes such a thing escalate.
Then they still had the option to either make the changes to adhere to the license OR not use official branding but New Moon instead, and instead chose to just remove it from the portage tree.

So who "killed" it? Not us.

If anyone wants officially branded Pale Moon on *BSD, I suggest you submit a proper portage addition that adheres to the license for official branding exceptions OR work with me to get an agreement on different build configuration if deviant build rules are desired that make it not comply with normally-accepted porting practices for packages.
Alternatively, add it with unofficial branding or fork it with different branding altogether for BSD and apply whatever patches are needed and whatever unwise build configuration you think works "best" for "your" OS. >>>

>By the way, the escalation was fast because of what @ibara did, in refusing to talk to anyone but the IP owner. You're playing it high if you do that, expect responses in kind. I do not take very kindly to be dragged into this kind of thing first thing on a Monday morning, either.

>playing it high
>with a modder of a niche fork of a niche browser

>Developing Pale Moon is a full-time job (and then some). It is not a hobby; it is a profession.

holy fucking shit this faggots ego is amazingly high for how fucking average, irrelivant, and obscure palemoon is.

Freetards are dogs and deserve to be treated as such. Tobin did nothing wrong.

>So who "killed" it? Not us.
right. your autistic henchman attacking volunteers right off the bat with YOU WILL COMPLY is totally reasonable and a good way for people in the community to address issues with each other. real good faith attempt at reaching out and politely pointing out the percieved issue.

yes this is clearly OpenBSD dev's fault for not immediately acquising to a frothing asshole.

>it runs perfectly fine and it works a lot better with "modern" websites
If by "perfectly fine" you mean slows down to a crawl while it's loading pages and crashes quite often, that is.

>Using default UIs instead of tweaking things to your heart's content
Sad desu.

>tweaking things to your heart's content all day instead of getting to work
Useless desu.

Pentadactyl and DTA are the main reasons, especially pentadactyl, tridactyl just can't do the same with the shitty new API.

As a bonus I also have the old downloads window back.

Attached: Untitled.png (1920x1050, 159K)

>t-t-t-they shoudl have been more considerate about the retard amateur volunteers' f-f-f-fee fee's!

Attached: you.png (182x200, 104K)

>palemoon
>they dont use his browser
cry faggot cry

>Useless
Making your browser look and behave how you want it to from Day 1 and never having to worry about it ever again is the last thing I'd call "useless" personally, but to each their own ig.

He enabled the Menu Bar which is not enabled by default.

I'm sure you're a chipper fellow when people come up to you in meatspace and scream demands in your face instead of simply pointing out an issue and giving you a chance to process it.

Feelings aside the way it was approached shows a very big lack of communication and social skills, and indicates probably an easily irritable person. someone who would want you to walk on eggshells around them.
not someone you want to work with.

But the browser still gives you the option of enabling it natively. My point was that using the browser's options alone instead of tweaking things externally is restrictive and choosing a web browser based on that is sad.

This.

Never forget the AdNauseam meme:
forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=16504

Attached: 1553446678876.png (413x174, 33K)

>NO security updates ever, vulnerable as fuck
???

Pale Moon doesn't exist because Australis, but that is the reason why a lot of people started using it back then.

Yea same. Firefox ate ridiculous amounts of ram. Brave/ungoogled chromium is the way forward