Tfw 5 months into CS meme college and you realize it's the opposite of being meme degree when they rape you with...

>tfw 5 months into CS meme college and you realize it's the opposite of being meme degree when they rape you with assignments in data structures, algorithms and programming II, while having to do math and databases on your own

Attached: 1553010855591.gif (1000x1000, 379K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gqg3l3r_DRI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's just concentrated into short period. the concepts are easily understandable by average junior high-schooler, but you only get exposed to it as an adult.

First two semesters are the hardest to weed out the retards. After that it gets a bit easier. I liked it the most when the mandatory courses were over and you were free to chose what courses you want to visit.

It's not hard to understand concepts. That's easy.

It's when you get an assignment that requires you to implement and do a whole console program with added functionalities, while you only went through the most basic theory of what certain algorithms does. Everybody can understand algorithms in practical sense and even theory, but implementing shit and adding certain functionalities is where the melting point starts.

Imagine learning only the alphabet and then on the same day you get an assignment to write an essay that is due to be done in 7 days. What the fuck are they thinking and it's same for every course, just complete insanity.

Wait really? I'm also 5 months in and haven't even broken a sweat. I'm sorta pissed off reading this

I don't know what the fuck you are doing or how your college looks like, but even people in 3rd year told me it's fucking insane what they are putting us through and they didn't have that much to do, even though they had a lot and felt like studying their asses off 24/7 and doing assignments and defending them.

I was teaching assistant in algorithms (and some other courses) to make some monies while studying, and I can tell you this: you're all just lame, unmotivated, lazy, easily startled and gay fucking faggots. Most of you anyways. And that's not just my opinion. I came to an agreement with my prof too, while laughing our asses off, discussing the next set of exercises.

This.
I think that besides the first two semesters, the other one I had problems with was the 5th one because it had DB implementation and Computer Graphics. But maybe I had trouble in them because I'm simply not interested in these topics at all.

The assignment load diminishes, but it's still high.

All of that shit is easy, grow up.

If you're having difficulty implementing an algorithm, that's because you lack mastery over the language you're using.

Who's fault is that? That's your fault.

Yeah I started in the fall and it has been a joke. Motivation is literally the only thing you need, stop jerking off and playing videogames all day and take your studies seriously.

This

In my first semester I had to make a game using Allegro in C. ~1100 SLOC iirc. I still think it was overkill for freshmen tho. Literally only the guys with prior programming experience (me included) were able to do it.

What do I study if I want to be an IT monkey or a sysadmin? I just want to fix computers all day, desu.

We made games in Java, almost everyone was able to do it.

JavaFX? We had to use it to make games in the 3rd semester while learning OOP. It's piss easy compared to Allegro, though.

We've been given a new course this year I think they've made it easier kek. I wanted it to be hard though its hard to concentrate when its not chellenging

i have a bs and ms in cs but im unemployed. drop out and start your own freelancing gig asap

Attached: C0F60FF8-167A-40CC-8567-FD6EDB014BA0.jpg (540x540, 14K)

In my experience the theory is easy but there's a lot of work to do at home.
Every course implied programming several small projects or one big project, since we could only use very specific libraries or functions for each project and had to program the rest from scratch even when those parts were not related to the course, simple things took a lot longer than they should have.
In retrospection, most of it was simple for an experienced programmer but not for students who just started learning. The professors probably fell in the thought "this is rather simple to do so they should do it from scratch" without considering the little amount of experience of the students.

>The professors probably fell in the thought "this is rather simple to do so they should do it from scratch" without considering the little amount of experience of the students.
Bullshit. Chances are the prof has teach students for years already, so he perfectly knows what to expect of a student. The thing is that students became more and more fragile, stupid and lazy as shit during the last decade or something. Which is a fact. The majority of current year students are horrible dipshits, unwilling to put in some effort. The question then is whether you adapt and make courses easier, or if you say fuck them, and proceed to fuck them.

I honestly thought that I should drop out can become a business major when I took my first cs classes. I already had done shit like diff eq so I thought I would be able to easily adapt to cs 101, 102, 103 but low and behold I got fucking ass raped once we hit ptrs in 101 and it didn't stop once we continued on to 102/103 which was data structures.

It doesn't get any easier, it just eventually clicks and you start to develop the mind of a programmer. That said this fucking Ai class I'm taking can literally go fuck itself. I would never in a million years take this god dam class if it wasn't required. Every day I dream about walking into class and shooting my professor in the head.

Attached: LuXMccw.png (857x1200, 1.55M)

just draw the data structures on paper first

>The thing is that students became more and more fragile, stupid and lazy as shit during the last decade or something.
cringe

something, something bologna reform, something

I don't think you hace stepped into a CS class.
Most of the cs curriculum has been the same the last decades.
Calculus, linear algebra, discrete math, intro to programming, data structures, algorithms, and the other 90% of the courses teach exactly the same as before in the same way.
You'll find more dropouts because there's more people enrolling and education being more expensive which makes prople want to dropout earlier to not waste money.
No, students are not suddenly dumber, it became common for every person to have a computer at home and this opened the door to give a lot more programming homework. Students don't have to wait their turn to use the lab's computer to complete their assingment.

One of my profs ended up making her course easier because the international students all kept failing, and the university put pressure on her because literally half the students were failing her class. Another prof of mine with tenure told the university to go fuck itself and fix its admissions department so they didn't keep bringing in retards from overseas.

I was a business major (accounting specifically) but switched into CS after my first two internships. However hard programmers think they get fucked, accountants get it worse.

>no paid overtime
>expectation that you work overtime
>$40k starting for 2100 hours a year
>People get trapped in shitty $100,000/year manager roles with tons of responsibility but no authority and no life
>Have to track your time every day down to the nearest 6 minutes (0.1 of an hour)
>If you have a slow day it's counted against you at month end, if you didn't work enough of a certain type of hours, you get fired

On top of all that, after about a year or two on the job, anyone's work is as good as anyone else's. You can't distinguish yourself like you would by writing better code. You distinguish yourself by working harder and giving up more of your life for the same lousy base paycheque. I drank the business kool-aid until I slowly began to realize how things were. Finance is much the same thing except people get paid more and the pressure is even more intense. Even though it delayed my graduation by 2 years, getting out of business/accounting and into CS was the best damn thing I could have done.

>Students don't have to wait their turn to use the lab's computer to complete their assingment

Has this been a thing anytime recently? When I started my degree in 2007, the university gave us a license for any special software that we needed to use, and everyone did their work from home. The only people who ended up using the lab were the Macfags.

This is how my studies felt like, too

Based

Attached: mob-psycho-ep11-31.jpg (740x416, 92K)

youtube.com/watch?v=gqg3l3r_DRI

>Another prof of mine with tenure told the university to go fuck itself and fix its admissions department
absolutely based

>delayed my graduation by 2 years
shit dude I'm kind of in the same position. I'm a chemical engineering major and I'm struggling so much with whether to delay my graduation and change to cs or just stay in chemE and do a bootcamp or masters in cs. Like I enjoy my field, but holy fuck the job prospects literally suck so much fucking cock. I met this retired CEO of a chemical company and he told me straight up to give up on any hope of having a job that I'd like in a place i'd enjoy because 95% chemE grads will be forced to move to butt fuck nowhere doing work they absolutely hate.

You need 7 hours sleep tops. 1 hour for food shit piss shower brush teeth and take off/on clothes. Thats 16 hours left to study! you do read curriculum while commuting right? If you spend 16 hours on studying every day and still get bad grades then drop the fuck out, because hard work cannot cure being retarded. Take an IQ test and apply for aid from the government since you are retarded. If the government refuses sign up for the army. If you need to work to support college then quit college and move to a different country where its free, or accept that you are too poor and work for money first so you can study 16 hours every day later. And study when you are not working in this time, you can still do things on your own. If the army refuses you, the gov wont help, and you are simply too poor, and also retarded, but not legally retarded, then there is only one option left: crime. Sell cocaine, e, lsd, and weed on the streets, if you get caught you can try escaping jail or more likely you kill yourself or get killed.

I have a friend that is a prof and teaches the intro level cs classes and this is true. The class is filled with "I just want to make video games" retards and people that think Dijkstras algorithm is super advanced ans unbearable. Probably the tier of math OP is crying about.

Should college be a selective education stream for those predisposed to excel in chosen disciplines? Yes. Should scientific education be rigorous and high quality, providing lots of tutor contact and value for tuition money? Yes. Should students be empowered to self learn while under the nurturing guidance of instructors who are passionate about their respective subject? Yes. Doesn't mean that this is the reality though.

>opposite of being a meme degree
>rape you with assignments in data structures, algorithms and programming II
but thats literally why its a meme degree. you put in a shitload of effort and work and come out the other side barely better than some retard who took a 6 week hacker "school" class