*blocks your access to BIOS*

*blocks your access to BIOS*

Attached: Glow-In-The-Dark-OS.jpg (700x700, 169K)

>2019
>still using BIOS

But it doesn’t?

how do i install debian net iso?
windows 10 blocks access to bios and uefi

By removing hard drive and resetting CMOS

what?
you fuckers just like to complain right?

you really fucking think humans went from hunting to shitposting on Jow Forums?

extraterrestrials gave us microprocessors.

HUMANS ARE FUCKING RETARDED BLOATNIGGRR

>get ssd, portable hard drive, whatever
>burn $HIPSTER_DISTRO install image into it, ignore "wont fill" prompts
>plug in
>boot
>hold vague key combination
>select removable storage
Wow so tough

you're a fucking retarded nigger if you think thats acceptable to do every time just to get to the fucking bios

why would you need to reset the cmos? shouldnt it prompt you just from not having something to load? does windows 10 fuck with the cmos somehow?

You dual booting right? In bios theres a setting called secureboot that needs to be disabled. If you running off wifi too gonna have to download atheros firmware (or whatever your adapter is) before starting otherwise no internet, which is somewhat essential for netinst.

Secureboot is nonsense pushed by ms. If you really want to lockdown booting go with libreboot.

Was a massive pain for me without wifi, ended up using bluetooth hotspot to download the firmware, planned to write it all down but didn't because laziness and I'll struggle just the same next time.

Attached: 1543499125699.png (638x359, 247K)

fuck dualboot
fuck windows
fuck billgates

im full gnu/linux

>how do i install debian net iso?
>windows 10 blocks access to bios and uefi
Mr Redditor, not all posts will be replying to you.

As you may see, the duel greater than symbol creates a link to other comments.

This is commonly used to "reply" to another post

In this case, I was replying to Post No. 70277366 and telling them how to install debian when they can't access the BIOS or how to install linux on systems that won't accept a flash drive for example since in my experience using a portable hard drive works even with extremely old or locked down systems.

It's important to keep in mind that not every post in your thread cares about what you originally said in the thread.

Nor will all posts in your thread be discussing your original post.

I hope this ample amount of Reddit spacing helps you understand my post.

Sincerely
- anonalmos

CoCked and freedompilled

Just hold F1, F2, or DEL before hitting the power button and it'll work every time. But you have to turn off "fast startup" in power options because that's actually hibernation.

>f you running off wifi too gonna have to download atheros firmware (or whatever your adapter is)
This never works, because debian installer is garbage.

>getting this assblasted and passive agressive from being called a nigger on the internet

/thread

>hold shift while clicking restart in start menu
>literally gives you the option to boot into UEFI in troubleshoot-> advance options
From my personal experience with Win10 and the absolute falsehoods spread about it I’m REALLY beginning to think most of the shit spewed about it has been FUD

it literally does. fast boot disables the ability to key into it and turning off fast boot in settings doesnt actually turn off fast boot

my windows 10 lacks that option

It's a botnet that is preparing people for Microsoft store application only desktop computing.

There's no FUD except the bullshit Microsoft spews about its vastly superior competitors.

>turning off fast boot in settings doesnt actually turn off fast boot
WRONG. I have it turned off on my laptop and server, both of them actually display the message with which keys to press for setup or alternate boot device.

This thread is FUD right now because OP is to retarded to get into his BIOS and then proceeds to blame Windows 10 because it must Windows doing something

well mine didn't. what do you think about that user?

>ssd was disconnected and now it seems like 10 is trying to boot to my hdd first instead
>literally cant tell for sure and cant get into bios to change the boot order
>have to just unplug my two hdds
>oh but i had microsoft files on one hdd to save space on the sdd
>so now my win10 is just a fucking empty desktop screen with no functionality

Attached: 1544879533671.gif (500x500, 994K)

lmao

This! The wintoddler defense force has arrived!

here is an idea
why don’t you figure out how to get to bios on whatever device you have and if that doesn’t work try a different keyboard as some can be bugged on startup and try from a cold boot

Alright, you niggers.
When a UEFI is in fastboot mode there is an interrupt key, usually ESC, this brings you to a choice prompt for Setup, Boot Device,Etc.