Dan a4 SFX

is this computing endgame?

Attached: dan 4 sfx.jpg (1552x873, 124K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cKWsOmCzSsw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Attached: dan case.jpg (3264x1836, 729K)

Honestly at least 2 USB ports would be nice.

not even close.

the node 202 is the true sff endgame

Node 202 is gay and so are HTPC designs.

It doesn't have enough heatsink clearance to cool the 8-core monsters of today.

I wish it was just a power button desu. v4 is switching to type c though.

Seems neat, I just wish it had more front panel I/O. At least 2 USB and separate mic and headphone plugs.

Nah geeekcase is pretty sweet and a hell of a lot cheaper

Attached: IMG_20190323_232728.jpg (4032x3024, 2.05M)

This, front IO is ugly and retarded desu senpai. Just get a powered USB hub because one or two ports are basically useless anyway

damn that side panel looks like shit. what were they thinking?

The Ghost Loque S1 looks better and the Sliger SM550 has better colors

Agreed. I'm thinking of making a custom acrylic side panel that has better airflow

I kinda wish I had gotten the A4 so I could use the clc545 instead of the L12.

Attached: Ghost S1 Noc Intake.jpg (4604x2392, 2.49M)

Nice traps brah, you must shrug a lot

How is that even a case, it's literally just 2020 aluminu extrusions it looks like. You can get that much for like 16 bucks from misumi

put a shirt on

Attached: 7qos9HR_d.jpg (500x500, 31K)

I'm not a cuck with a tiny room so I have a fullsize case.
Itx bois always end up with a billion hdd enclosures so it defeats the point

Just have a nas. The point of ITX is to put it on your standing desk so your cables don't get fucked up :)

if your case:
does not fit a full size ATX PSU
does not have dust filters
has no front intake
needs an internal extension cable for the PSU
needs a low profile CPU cooler
has no 3.5" drive bays
is made out of aluminum

then what you have is an abstract modern art sculpture with a PC inside. I prefer something more utilitarian.

Attached: define_nano_s.jpg (1280x720, 68K)

aka im cheap so I rationalized my purchase :^)

How do you burn dvd's?

I bet you still use molex, sata, and floppy disk too

sata yeah
I use the molex to power the gpu riser cards for my mining machine :^)

Whoever designed that side panel should be killed.

Attached: IMG_20190124_193719.jpg (946x596, 70K)

Enjoy your massive cube

Post your guts

If it was half the price, maybe.

I'd rather get a corsair one, better designed.

trim your cables you fucking normie

pill me on this

Thanks for shilling me on this it seems like the A50 is just a DAN A4 for $100 cheaper

Attached: geek.jpg (1172x738, 124K)

Geeekcase a50
Pros
>Fits full size gpu on back
>Small
>Light and cheap due to its simple construction of laser cut plexiglass and aluminum
>Cheapest sffpc meme case that is functional that I've found. I think when I bought it it was $130 with riser, 3 fans, and shipping.
>Shipping was fast as fuck also. Straight from Thailand to my door in the US in 3 days.
>The new version that is on preorder currently doesn't have the gay geeek branding/airholes on side anymore. When it releases I'm going to try and contact them for a couple of side panels.
Cons
>it's plexiglass mostly
>the geeek branding on the side
>comes in pieces. You gotta assemble this one like ikea furniture
>wire management is shit, I have power cables in there doing things cables shouldn't do
>ventilation is meh. Pay attention to temps at first when first running
>not going to be overclocking in this case because the heatsink limitations (65m tall>

Nano S is GOAT,

you can fit a Noctua cooler in there and it's smaller than most cube ITX cases.

also, you can get an sfx psu for better GPU airflow.

Attached: Nano S.jpg (1000x750, 350K)

shite tier build quality though
youtube.com/watch?v=cKWsOmCzSsw

I'd rather just spend $200 on a DAN case

I see the appeal of these tiny ass cases, but they're so impractical if you want to do fucking anything besides 1 GPU and maybe a couple SSDs.

I have a full tower Lian-Li with my eATX board for my Threadripper setup. I have a hardware RAID card and SLI GPUs with 6 HDDs and 3 SSDs inside it. Everything runs cool and quiet because it fits and there is airflow.

Attached: gr-BiggerIsBetter.jpg (570x317, 48K)

with m.2 existing you can do m.2 boot drive and two additional full size SSD. even then if you somehow need more space just get external hdd and lay it on top.

I have more needs than minor, expensive SSD storage. $/GB is still a large cost factor if you're trying to store 10's of TB's of data, especially in mirror config. I'm about to just create a custom 10gbps external NAS setup for more RAID disk array space.

why would you ever need more than 1 GPU?

Some people aren't just gaymers and could benefit from arrays of GPUs for computation and research.

But that's specialized usage user. We're talking about consumer grade hardware.

Louqe Ghost S1 is the best SFF case

Why?

nah i got one, ncase is better

too fat compared to dan case

Sitting here next to my Lazer3D LZ7 but I kind of want a little more internal space to work with. It's a huge hassle to do semi-regular cleaning with the LZ7. NCASE or DAN? And how much could I sell an LZ7 for?

I'm really happy with my Dan only notable issue i have is it gets noisier than i like, probably because the gap between my particular GPU and the side of the case is juuuuust big enough to cause a high pitched tone when the fans are running 100% which as far as i understand it, not an issue that every GPU has.
Cable management is kind of a bitch, kinda wish Dan was able to sell a generic modular PSU cable kit with lengths optimised for the A4.

I'm jonesing to do a new build though. Might have to be a HTPC, Would honestly pay over the odds tor a Dan "A5" that's built for those short GPUs however - But i think there's one or two cases that already have this form factor.

Nope

Attached: Yuel Beast.jpg (1500x1875, 505K)

CHINA NUMBER ONE

Attached: TB2EZnch.QIL1JjSZFhXXaDZFXa_!!1750739983.jpg (800x531, 109K)

I love how we have all these small boutique case designers now, though it might be inevitable if PCs return to a more hobbyist niche.

Oh, how are those Lazer3d cases? I was seriously thinking about one of the HT5s or CG7s for a HTPC project.

This fool charging $200+ for this, I have an Ncase, Ghost, and A4 and this still seems like too much for me.

I'd love something that captures the design of the old Apple G4 Cube.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 99K)

>eATX
>Threadripper
>9 storage units
What a small wee-wee.
Is this the /g equivalent of massive tires on a pick up truck?

>then what you have is an abstract modern art sculpture with a PC inside
That was sort of the point of getting a case that looks like a boat

>dust
>cockroaches in your shit
>no airflow over any compliment that doesn't explicitly have it's own cooler
>no protection against accidental damage
>$200+ for bent aluminium with zero features

Attached: IMG_2057.jpg (2048x1365, 496K)

that'd be the M1 because it doesn't require a memeriser cable and is a lot easier to work in

where to buy the monster case?

any dan owners here?

I have original v1 dan case serial number 4xx, still unpacked, are the parts from later cases interchangeable with original? like the side glass cover, pci extension etc?

Yeah. so basically that setup is only for a few ubergeek edgelords, nobody else.

So why should anyone else be interested?

Attached: mac-pro-select-hero-201711.png (892x820, 253K)

Pretty much my upgrade, I have a nano s, I was going to theme my cables tan brown and blue like the noctua fans lol

>GOAT
The Nano S has flaws. Mainly the fact that you have to take both side panels off to remove the front panel, which is a pain in itself to remove. It should be more like the Define R6 where it's just a door in the front.

Damn, I'd definitely put it to use.
Afaik the main difference between V1 and later is the addition of optional transparent side panels and a 92mm AIO mount beneath the PSU.
Alternatively, sell it to me ;)

Attached: 1552865071068.png (800x640, 218K)

Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX TG vs NZXT H200/H200i. Been thinking of finally rebuilding and these are the two cases I can't decide between. Thoughts?

Unless you're doing video editing you should have just stuck those disks in a NAS and gotten something like the Cerberus X for the rest of your system. Full towers weren't made for measuring your dick. Even a basic bitch NZXT H440 can fit 11 3.5" drives + some number of 2.5" drives much less 6 + 3. My Xigmatek Elysium holds 12 5.25" bays to put that into perspective, you'd need over 2x the storage devices you have now to fill up just the built in bays of the Elysium much less all the space leftover. You're just wasting space. It was also designed to fit (now defunct) HPTX motherboards and still have room for watercooling. In other words full towers are made for enthusiasts with really dumb special needs, like retard special needs, something a normal sane person would never use as I found out. Mass storage would be better served by a server with a fraction of the footprint and eATX fits in plenty of ATX cases especially nowadays in cases that have no built in disk bays. Needless to say you sound like a massive fag who just wanted to show off

why? dont they mass produce them now? hmm I might put up an ebay listing

I don't follow. Why can't you use AWS with a small case?

Pick whichever you think looks better

Nano S bros ww@?

Attached: 20190315_174624.jpg (4032x3024, 3.4M)

nah

Attached: ghost s1.jpg (1280x854, 120K)

> you walk into your friends room and see his computer side panel that spells out "geek"
>he's not your friend anymore

Attached: 1546891909485s.jpg (102x125, 2K)

FYI: the new version dropped the GEEEK branding.

Yeah I saw that
Wonder if I can get the new design side panels

t. this piece of shit's manufacturer, the only person who would unironically shill this to others.

is half of your GPU airflow being blocked by that PSU?

>vents
>holes
>seams not airtight
>all that dust
>hard to clean

when will case manufacturers start doing something actually useful

What, something like a case you just pour some mineral oil into with a couple of pumps and a heatsink on top?

Is that the H115i pro? I considered getting the 240mm version but I heard the last gen corsair coolers have tons of failures. Amazon literally has like a 15% failure rate and most of it is pump failures and a handful of leaks.

PCIe is a very latency sensitive bus. What's the impact of an extender on it in regards to system stability?

none, good quality/build extender thats few cm long will have no effect

I'm done with ITX. Everything is too fucking small and the cables are always too short. It's a pain in the fucking ass. Then when you have everything together your thermals always suck compared to ATX. Who the fuck has hands so small that they don't struggle with this shit? PC building is supposed to be an enjoyable hobby and instead my hands suffer every fucking time. Fuck all of you I'm getting a big fucking ATX case.

I just get a ton of satisfaction out of building something so tight. My temps are usually in the satisfactory range. But maybe my standards or use case aren't intense as yours.

Plus i like buying weird boutique stuff. Honestly if there were boutique motherboards and GPUs i'd probably get those too.

PC building should be a one-time affair and then you spend the rest of the time using the PC. Building PCs as a hobby is just autism.

A stupid meme. Hurr Durr let me autistically measure every single one of parts down to a fraction of a millimeter to make sure it fits! Wait what's that? An upgrade that won't fit my stupid fucking box? Guess it's time to fork over another $250 for yet another stupid mITX case. Meanwhile people with full ATX mid towers don't even have to consider things like this. At most they have to look for CPU cooler clearance.

>threadripper
>Hardware RAID
Enjoy your 50% performance penalty, wintard.

>Hardware RAID
Yikes. If you're on windows (99% chance you are) you should just use the windows software RAID. Unless you're running a really stupid array like RAID 6. So much more trustworthy than a hardware RAID controller.

The only way i can see myself building a large computer again is if it's a home server where i can stream media and games to all my client devices.

You'd think that but most cards are two slot anyway. There's more than enough clearance for long and tall cards. As for CPU, there are a lot of options for coolers under 50mm including an asetek AIO that fits below the PSU. I agree with you on price, I wish silverstone or thermaltake would mass produce a sandwich layout frame for $50.

Attached: ftw3.jpg (960x808, 136K)

They're actually pretty nice. Got a 6700k OC'd to 4.4GHz and a GTX 1070 mini in my LZ7 and temps are never a worry. I use a Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev B as the CPU cooler and I let the 1070 run its auto fan profile. It's really just that I don't want to have to re-do my cable management and zip-tying just to clean out dust. I'd rather pop off a side panel, blow some compressed air, and be done.

For a lower power HTPC, set-it-and-forget-it chassis, I think it would be perfect.

Yeah mine was like that too. The possible workarounds are either a blower GPU which are stupid and extinct now, or an SFX PSU. Problem with SFX PSUs, as I just found out today, is that their cables are usually too short for a relatively big case like the Nano S. So you have to get extensions or aftermarket cable sets. Unless of course you want to route the motherboard power cable through the "cabin" instead of routing under the motherboard tray, which is jank as fuck.

I saw an A4 clone from Kolink (the Rocket) but strangely it's not much cheaper than the Dancase.
Wider availability though and pretty much identical, so I guess those are upsides.

Attached: kolink_rocket.jpg (800x800, 86K)

>No space for full size GPU or HDDs
Trash. It.

Streacom DA2 a best

Attached: file.png (800x450, 145K)

Literally the other side you mong.

Attached: ih2m53j9wad01.jpg (3528x2971, 900K)

>280mm DA2 performs worse than 240mm M1

Trash

>Antec Nine Hundred

Attached: Boomer_ee87bd_6700721.jpg (1200x1200, 152K)

>muh undersized little black box for that clean zoomer look on my oversized desk

Attached: 1534497475066.gif (478x350, 84K)