/pcbg/ - PC Building General

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and monitor suggestions; click on blue titles to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on most mobos with the right BIOS)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600/X - Great gaming or multithreaded use CPUs
>i7 8700/K or i7 9700K - Extreme setup with RTX 2080/Ti
>R7 2700/X - VM Work / Streaming / Video editing

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3000CL15 or 3200CL16 is ideal
>AMD B and X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>RX 570 8GB - good performance with great value
>GTX 1660 - standard
>RTX 2060 - very high framerates (requires complementary CPU and monitor)
1440p
>RTX 2060 - standard
>RTX 2080 - very high framerates (requires complementary CPU and monitor)
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2080 - standard
>RTX 2080Ti - better fit for 4K but expensive

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>A 256GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless

Previous:

Attached: 1484348845011.png (1336x1336, 94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/zqGs3b
pcpartpicker.com/list/GkFFD2
cyberpowerpc.com/system/VR-Ready-Deal-RTX-2080
userbenchmark.com/UserRun/15723867
uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/vC8hzY
pcpartpicker.com/list/yQNJ3b
uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/s3VVKB
pcpartpicker.com/list/6jFw4q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

dont get scammed boys

Too late, at least one pcbg boyo got made.

>buy the $63 2700x processor
>goes down 10 mins after I buy it
Did I get scammed? Luckily i'm familiar with how to get my money back on Ebay, but let's see.

now to the real question
was the one posting that cpu the scammer or just a rando user?

Attached: 2019-03-24-03:55:39_907x236_scrot.png (907x236, 87K)

It's a scam. Pic related was 10 days ago. It also met the same fate. Also
>same price
>same exact item name
>same picture

Attached: Screenshot (89).png (1919x1079, 549K)

No you just gave your email address, phyaical address, phone number to a chink

They got me, but ebay already issued a refund. Chink can have the burner email.

But if it wasn't a scam I'd be able to shit post on /pcbg/ for months.

>More than 10 available / 54 suckers in 24 hours

Why doesn't Ebay just prevent the chinks from using Ebay?

That's racist, user.

a-atleast i didnt put my real name

i've pretty much completely stopped playing PC games and my current PC is a shitty prebuilt i got like 4 years ago so i'm thinking of getting a new one soon, should i just get a refurbished workstation or actually build one? i'd prefer to spend like 6/700 USD or less and all i'm really going to be using it for is coding and watching videos/listening to music so i don't really need anything super powerful
i'm leaning towards building one since i can pick a nice looking case since i've been stuck with the gaymer red and black case on my current PC and i've completely grown out of it

If you're not compiling huge amounts of code, just get a thinkpad and plug another monitor into it

i'd prefer an actual desktop since i already have a laptop i use for uni, are the thinkcentre towers any good? they're pretty cheap and if i need to put a graphics card or more storage in it i can take them out of my prebuilt

Going off of the stuff from last thread, this is what I've ended up with. Please critique or help me decide.

pcpartpicker.com/list/zqGs3b
or
pcpartpicker.com/list/GkFFD2
or
prebuilt: cyberpowerpc.com/system/VR-Ready-Deal-RTX-2080

Attached: .gif (480x480, 1.91M)

>Come here
>Look at all the cool new fast parts available
>Get sad I can't afford any of it

Attached: 4d9a52c1ed47cf5a44c8788790687bd4.jpg (900x776, 93K)

ok guys PLS help me my computer has been rapidly degrading for months now and i have no clue whats going on. at first only Fallout 4 was having issues, now i cant even go a day without it lagging so bad i struggle to get to the restart button. no games, not even vanilla fallout new vegas will run anymore. what is happening?? look at these terrible scores. this computer is only like 4 years old and the drivers are even newer!

userbenchmark.com/UserRun/15723867

Honestly you are such a god damned pleb why do you even need a new PC?

>0th percentile SSD perf
That's a new record, congratulations!

its a BRAND new samsung 860 evo. is it maybe something to do with windows 7? maybe ill finally upgrade to 10

but where is the NVMe

Well they certainly aren't acting brand new. Win 7 is supposed to run fine on ssds. Was your sata controller replaced with a baked potato?

Set the RAM to 1.45v
You are using the latest pinnacle ridge BIOS, right?

Or it's malware/viruses slowing down your PC.

Hey guys what do you think of my build? First time ever making a rig

Attached: IMG_20190324_001750.jpg (4608x2304, 2.02M)

uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/vC8hzY
Which SSD (1TB), Case and cpu cooler should i buy ?
And is there anything that needs to be changed =

I rate it australia/10, and that's a scary amount of sag.

Yeah everything worked fine a few months ago. That's why I'm so confused.

I have Webroot and Malwarebytes regularly running. Haven't caught anything in the past month besides Hydrus Network but supposedly that's a false flag

Here in Canada the 2600x is $250, 2600 is $215 and the 2700 is $300. these prices are torture I say.

Is there any reason to upgrade from x58 at this point?

Attached: 1548873302941.jpg (1125x1416, 122K)

Simply pure torture.

Attached: 1507507710481.gif (500x344, 322K)

efficiency, higher IPC, and less degraded performance from the security updates.

Something like a 2700 is 4-6x the perf/watt of your 45nm CPU.

>hur dur I don't understand varying currency values. Why isn't the 2600 just 165 Mexican Pesos???///
How do you even breath?

>can comfortably afford the absolute most expensive components on the market
>still pick budget options

Attached: 1541931598735.gif (485x474, 2.87M)

>can't read context.

Should I go for 2700 or a low tier TR4 like 1920x? I have water cooling set up already. Is TR4 a dead platform?

>Is TR4 a dead platform?
no.
The question of using a TR4 socket is
1: Can you use all 12 cores and 24 threads of a 1920X?
2: Do you need quad channel memory?
3: Do you need 64 PCIe lanes?
if the answer to all 3 questions is no, get the 2700

What' a good (less than 200€) motherboard that I can pair up wit a 2600X?

B450 Pro Carbon
X470 Gaming Plus - IF you really need more PCI-E lanes than B450 has, which you most likely don't.

What's the major differences between a upper-middle+ B450 and a x470 of any type (low to high end). This is for 2600x or a 2700

High end B450 tend to have better quality Audio and LAN chipsets, m.2 heatsinks, 4x2 "big" VRM phases with better cooling.
Lower end X470 are pretty barebones in comparison.

Based OP. Next time add the 9900K and you’re good and unbiased.

This is the fleshed out setup I'm looking at. The monitor and toshiba are coming out of my old rig and the case is already bought. The board, ram, cooler, and gpu are sort of placeholders while I wait for things to show up on flash sales, I'm in no real rush to build and I'm taking my time sitting on deals for every part. Any big glaring errors?

pcpartpicker.com/list/yQNJ3b

How would the B450 high end compare to the mid x470 and above? More slots for everything?

>$1400 for 1440p@60
yikes

uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/s3VVKB
I feel like I've streamlined it as much as possible. Any critiques, Jow Forums?

Pretty much. A typical B450 has enough lanes for 1 16x GPU and 1 4x M.2 card. The rest is taken by chipset sata and USB.
x470 has 8 extra lanes allowing for more expansion.

The monitor was a gift. It's what I'm using right now but it can be upgraded later down the line without any real issue.

It's fine but you really don't need that paste if you're using the stock cooler.

Swap mobo for B450 gaming pro carbon, same price and includes wifi.
Consider 500+ GB sata ssd instead of small nvme.

Not that user but that's a question I've been meaning to ask.

If you have the ability to go with either a 1tb m.2 ssd or a 1tb sata ssd, which is the better option? Does it matter?

Whichever is cheaper. Look at price and endurance rating, not form factor.

So get a better monitor now instead of overpaying to run 1440p@60.

But I -want- to overpay to run at 1440p@60.

If the monitor is the biggest issue in that build, I'll take it. That can be dealt with after building.

>But I -want- to overpay to run at 1440p@60.
Then get a 9900k and 2080Ti.
Why pay a lot more when you can pay a fuckload more?

If I find a good deal on one of those in the next 5 months before I'm planning on building, I might. The 9900k especially. I play a lot of Dorf Fortress.

What do you guys think about the 9900k?
I wanna be as futureproof as possible, even though I know futureproofing is a meme
I've been running a 3770k for over 6 years now and it's been serving me well apart from running several VMs at once and the sad fact that I lost the silicon lottery and can't OC as far as others could.
Besides that, I'd probably stick to my trusty 980Ti because it's more or less on par with lower midend cards of this gen
There's also ryzen but I cant tell whether I want it, but I'd be really happy to be shilled into ryzen if that's possible

Attached: 1549664207824.jpg (1200x1200, 177K)

What's the difference between x470 and b450?

Well with Ryzen and AM4 you're on a socket that'll be supported for god knows how long.

Yeah but I don't intend to upgrade my shit every two years, more like every 5 years or so. and there's also the usual argument of
>muh gaymes

off to see some benchmarks of ryzen vs i7/i9 then

If by
>futureproof
you mean
>want a CPU which will continue to get as-of-yet unknown vulnerabilities revealed to affect it
then yes it's the most futureproof CPU. Don't want to miss out on all those new viruses and malware that AMD users don't get to enjoy.

There's no reason for a 9900k unless you're anal about 44fps in fucking everything.
If all you want if futureproofing and good gaming performance, a Ryzen 8 core is perfectly fine.

Kek

>Yeah but I don't intend to upgrade my shit every two years

That was his whole point about getting ryzen...

brb buying more epic gamer hardware to keep this cancer alive lole

Attached: 1517927903056.png (1280x361, 583K)

I'm fine with 60 fps, as long as it can keep up those 60 frames.
Will look into it, although I'd prefer to wait™ for 7nm chips if that ever arrives

Scroll up like 10 posts.

>although I'd prefer to wait™ for 7nm chips if that ever arrives
July

It's looking more like June.
Motherboard leaks are usually 2-3 months in advance, not 4 months.

there were leaks already?
shit, gotta start lurking here more often then

It’s the new 2600K so yes it’s future proof and better than any over mainstream CPU now. Price here dropped to €400, costing €70 more than the 2700X. If you want the best of the best, get it. If you don’t have the extra money and are happy with 30-40% less performance, get the 2700X.

They already have their own botnet ebay, fuck off.

Yep, pictures of lots of new ASUS boards for the AMD 500 series chipsets.
Vendors don't just keep boards sitting in warehouses for 3 months if they can avoid it.

I suppose it's possible with the Intel CPU shortages, they had nothing else to run, so made AMD 500 series boards early, but they've also been releasing BIOS updates for 3000 series.
So I think it's extremely unlikely that it'll be any later than late June for release. Could very well be earlier.

July was always likely for the "worst case" scenario for the launch. I don't think AMD ever said would be Q3 or H2, just that it would be later than Q1 this time.

>visited a friend one day and played on his 60hz monitor
>wanted to kill myself every moment of it
How do people stand this shit

because consoles generally do 30fps.

Thoughts?
pcpartpicker.com/list/6jFw4q

>Intel
Burn it.

I'll sell the motherboard and CPU once the 3850 is out, I just want more fps and I want it now.

So a PC that's not even close to twice as fast as mine costs $3300 when I paid less than $1000.
That's good to have quantified like that.

I wouldn’t use gigabyte even when they have the best hardware. Otherwise i would switch out the gigabyte card and seagate shit. Pretty similar to my build (9900K, 2080 Ti and 970 Pro

not anymore gramps

Let me guess. AMD and ONLY 5% difference according to you.

Because I've never seen higher than 60 in the flesh. I'm very happy playing at 1440p/4k ultra 60fps.

??? How the fuck do you read that and think of 30 fps?
I was obviously talking about going from my 144hz monitor with very low motion smearing to friends random cheap 60hz monitor.

But is being lobotomized really "ignorance is bliss"?
If there is such a big difference that people instantly see and never go back, why would you avoid it?

What card do you recommend? I'm keeping the motherboard though since it's 100% the best one out there

Which mobo/manufacturer has the best BIOS, drivers and longterm software support?

>??? How the fuck do you read that and think of 30 fps?
because you're bitching about 60fps when most console gamers deal with half that because the Jaguar-based APUs are trash on the CPU side.
If your friend is used to consoles, 60fps is a huge improvement, nevermind 144.
THAT is how your friend can "deal" with just 60 fps.
Get off your entitled high horse.

So even you admit that if someone has good performance for the money it must be AMD.

Xbox One X is generally 60fps. The CPU is a bit stronger combined with the dedicated DX chip enabling it.

What are some decent and fast HDD's that are also extremely silent?
My 2tb WD Blue (5400rpm) has the following noise levels: 27dB(A) (Load), 23dB(A) (load), yet it is louder than my Noctua CPU cooler + fans at idle?
Should I replace it with some other HDD or are they all this loud?

Attached: 1544265602530.jpg (1024x698, 178K)

>What are some decent and fast HDD's that are also extremely silent?
An SSD.

ASUS of EVGA. ASUS does have the best PCB and evga the best card in general. Gigabyte isn’t as good but looks really good. MSI is gimmick mostly according to buildzoid.

Is there any reason why I would pick an Intel i5 over a Ryzen 5 in 2019? I've been using Intel for years but I want to save some money right now.

Something shorted out on your MB.

I want to know this, too

How do I find a high-end motherboard that isn't vomiting RGB lighting? I have a windowless case.

tbqh if you dont want a i5 OCable go for amd
you can easily outdo ryzen with a i5 K, just get a good memory too

check if your fans are working. afaik thats almost as bad as a AiO leaking

Depends on the i5.

AMD or Intel? Turn off the rgb or buy EVGA

>Is there any reason why I would pick an Intel i5 over a Ryzen 5 in 2019?
nope. Jump on the AMD bandwagon. I did

t. happy R7 2700X owner

Attached: 1545726679640.png (574x409, 253K)

Asrock Taichi is probably the best mid range x470 board by a long shot. I like the gigabyte aorus b450s myself.