Can't decide on what to major in

>can't decide on what to major in.
>various family members in tech suggest cs.
>tell me that within a couple years out in the workforce I'd be making $80k and that would eventually turn into six figures.
>tell me that most places have good work/life balance with stuff like 40 hrs
>major in cs
>school ends up beating out of me any interest I may have had in coding.
>find out average entry level is 40-50 unless you were prestigious enough to land a big fish like amazon.
>find out you will almost never break the six figure range unless you live in bay area, new york, seattle and that six figure salary would be the equivalent of 60k most other places.
WHY DID I CHOOSE THIS! I WOULD HAVE BEEN HAPPIER AS A NEET!

Attached: roundup_10_2.jpg (700x391, 148K)

>coding
Never gonna make it.

This is why I dropped out and set up my own company.

Welcome to the real world. Since you obviously weren't born into wealth you now get to discover that the only people who will be paid $$$ are those who are willing to kill themselves and give up everything by working 80 hour weeks in high stress fields that require 7 years of education like corporate lawyers.

Well that's strange, OP. I got a shit CE degree from my local university, moved to the nearest big city (Atlanta) and started making $60k working for some rando company. Fast forward 5 years and I'm making $130k. Maybe you should stop being shit and actually care about being good? The "average salary" is that because the average employee is trash. Be literally anything above average, and you will go far. Stop bitching and git gud, faggot

>Be from 12. world country
>400$ average per month pay for working 60hours/week (IT does get 500 but at least the work is easy)
>Country will take 120 from that
>200$ goes for bills in cheapest locations
>neet bucks are literally 0$

wanna swap places m8?

Meant to say CS degree, not Computer Engineering.

Once I dropped 'junior' status (after 1 year) I was making 90k. I live in Missouri. Also no degree. I am making 115 now, 3 years later. You just have to be smart and advocate for yourself.

>t. NEET who has never worked in the industry

Why dont you just roid?

Thats a load of shit, no one in the midwest gets the kind of money.

i'm 100% calling bullshit. There is no fucking way you found any cs related role in missouri that paid you 90k at 1 year and 115k at any year. 115k is what most people would plateau at in tech cities.

>I'm making $130k
please tell me your secrets. Are you literally software jesus? How did you do it

Hey, I make $230k a year
It is simple really, you just type that you do while actually being wage cuck getting like 40k per year with 25k of that being just cost of living

Go back to school and get a Master's degree in management so you can become those programmers' boss.

Literally just care about what you do. Most devs view it as a job, but if you be even remotely passionate about what you do, you are highly sought after.
Pic related. My boss even gave me a random spot bonus for working an extra 10 hours that pay period (on a project I actually enjoyed).

Attached: Screenshot_20190324-104957__01.jpg (1080x2340, 234K)

god, webshit makes me want to kill myself

>get a degree in management if you want to manage people
No wonder managers are so often clueless clowns.

It would literally be a better use of your money to just set fire to it. A masters in mangement won't do jackshit for you. Going into something like product management and then getting a company to pay for your mba would be one thing, but like 90% of people who want to become a PM don't

>random bonus for working extra hours
are you retarded

Are you? that's literally what happened, nerd.

This. Guaranteed he is bullshitting .

How is this so hard to believe? My hourly rate is like $65, do this is basically that, plus a little extra. Maybe you faggots just work for shitty people?

Attached: Screenshot_20190324-104957__02__01.jpg (1080x854, 77K)

$130k is a very standard mid-level salary for CS jobs in mid-tier cities like Atlanta. It's just slightly above average for entry-level starting in high-CoL tech cities like Seattle and the Bay Area.

If you're in software and aren't working in the middle of nowhere in North Dakota, that sort of money is easily in reach within 3-5 years.

>very standard
Not quite. "standard" in Atlanta for a mid-level developers would be around $80k. "standard" for seniors is around $110k. Not sure if you just don't know or are trying to flex, but now you know.

You are 100% bullshitting. 130k in atlanta is pretty senior level.

Entry level in the bay is around 120-110k and that's for the top grads that got into apple, facebook, google, etc.

Entry level for seattle can be that high if you are a top grad going for microsoft or something, but its not common as thats the higher end

>donating $10
are you retarded?

>130k is entry level for seattle
lmao

You realize that you look like the retarded one at this point. I love the standard Jow Forumsnutard cycle of delusion.
>some user makes a claim that they aren't a NEET faggot
>anons call him a liar
>he posts proof
>cognitive_dissonance.png
>start making ad hominems instead of arguing whether its true or not
Once you get to step 5, you lose, just so you know. Because now I know that you know that your life is shit by comparison, and I can go about my day. Later, loser.

Retard, it was a sarcastic joke making fun of the first reply.

Sorry user, my mistake. Have a wonderful day.