ITT: post consumer tech memes

I'll start with nylon braided USB cables.
They offer no postivies over regular USB cables but have the added drawbacks of

1) being dust magnets
2) being much more fragile because all they require is a sharp nick from something like a sharp fingernail at any point along the body. It doesn't have to slice through right away, but as long as it cuts a few of the fabric fibers, that initial cut begins the unravelling/unweaving process. Fragile all over, whereas it would take an extraordinary force to create the same sort of tear in a regular cable. What a fucking meme they are.

Attached: images[1].jpg (276x183, 11K)

very good thread, thank op for this good thread, thank you

>something like a sharp fingernail
Quit biting your fingernails and clip them like an adult.

they feel good though

silicone cable master race

Have had my braided cables for like 4 years and they're just as sturdy as the day I bought them, maybe don't be a fucking retard with your cables, user

Braided gets Dusty, but it didn't develop that fucking slime like regular cabling.

Might as well just link /hpg/ in here.
>faggots claiming they can hear the difference between 110 and 120 SNR
>trying hard to justify purchases, making up metrics for amps that add distortion rather than keeping a clean signal
>1000+ dollars headphones that sound marginally better than 500 dollars counterparts
>snake oil in general

Attached: photo5176912923447109675.jpg (1280x850, 129K)

gold plated HDMI cables (well, any gold plated cable)

FUCK OFF FUCK OFF POORFAG
BUY STAX

yep lets just plate them with plain copper so they can corrode overnight
Yes gold helps with conductivity but the main reason things are gold plated is corrosion resistance

Is rather have a braided Anker cable than an unbraided CSG cable

Fuck off gold marketing retard
Go back to your gross trumpian gold covered shit on

so what do you plate the connectors with then

Osmium

The actual problem with those cables is that the gold plating is advertised as a premium for its increased signal quality and speed, which is a load of horse shit. If they ever adverised it as "better corrosion resistance" no one would pay 50$ for a 2m hdmi or usb cable

>They offer no postivies over regular USB cables
plasticized rubber cables in bundles tend to snag when pulled, even if there is no knotting
nylon cables tend to slide unless there is knotting

>corrode
pretty much every cable is already treated with some kind of anti-corrosion plating that isn't gold, its just that retards market it as "uuuuu.... shiny gold... must be good..." when effectively it does the exact same thing as every other cable.
Show me oscilloscope or other high-end electrical equipment connectors that are gold-plated and then I'll believe you.

Also not to mention that those gold plated cables can cost like 20 bucks more when there is most likely less than 1 cent worth of gold in the connector.

OMFG! this faggot is actually defending gold plated usb and hdmi cables!

apologize for being a waste of oxygen and kill yourself

1. don't have that experience
2. it's nylon plastic, melt it.
the nylon braid acts as a strain relief. They're also aesthetic.
stop acting like a caveman and understand how your tools work and how to fix them.

copper is more conductive than gold

Attached: mcmahon.gif (400x303, 1.98M)

gold plated cables is an "audiophile" thing.

Those idiots can't even play an instrument but they have to act all snobby when listening some shitty song on a crappy expensive sound system (i'm looking at you Bose)

Luckily they coudn't pull the same scam on tech-savvy people

tl;dr. gold plated cables are a scam and audiophiles are fucking retarded, avoid both at all cost

>

My Anker USB cables are gold plated and they cost 15$ for 3 8ft cables

Attached: computer-processor-for-lga-775-socket-BHG38P.jpg (1300x956, 275K)

i just googled oscilloscope and literally every one that's not 150$ has gold connectors

Attached: RTC1002-oscilloscope_01_w1300_hX.jpg (1300x731, 171K)

>playing music=listening to music

Attached: 1551921105080.jpg (1280x720, 74K)

ITT: Things that look good bad, ugly things good

if you care soooooo much about sound you better be playing something
otherwise you're just a picky wanker

>if you like driving cars you better be manufacturing them too

Attached: 1549570820991.jpg (184x184, 11K)

I produce music, and went to college for music education
You're a retard lol, music is made for the enjoyment of others

i don't know, i'm not a "carphile",
i just drive to get from point a to point b, and i fucking hate traffic

Attached: 669466-screenshot1743.jpg (952x533, 244K)

>carphile
Go away

>produce music

so... you're either
-a nigger larping as a tough guy while some 80s track is playing on the background

-making yet another generic elecro-pop song by copying and pasting loops from the internet

good for you! you're useless garbage

based
carfaggots are fucking cancer

t. honda fit fag
it just werks

HDMI cables from electronics stores that are all $50 minimum when the ones from the dimestore work just as well.

God i love silicone cables, where do i buy them? I only have one USB cable and can't find them anywhere

>Show me oscilloscope or other high-end electrical equipment connectors that are gold-plated and then I'll believe you.
Pretty much all of them.
It's common practice to gold plate those connectors.

Extension, most HDMI cables will have gold plated contacts in them, the meme is gold plating the exterior of the connector.