Buy IPS or VA they said

Buy IPS or VA they said.
You will be blown away they said.
>mfw truly blown away by that garbage
My TN panel feels like alien tech in comparison.

Attached: 24301368_857359137779355_5997865114218698131_n.jpg.81fa37f7cb50368ca214860ef5b965e5.jpg (720x960, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

testufo.com/ghosting
blurbusters.com/faq/120hz-monitors/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

low tier bait, please don't kill threads for this garbage.

Why bait? My viewsonic TN monitor kills this glowing, smearing garbage panels. I have tried 4 fucking models and all 4 were shit.

>TN
hahahahahahaha

Should have bought VA
t. ex-IPS owner

Attached: 20190121_003203.jpg (5312x2988, 3.14M)

>that dead pixel

nice dead pixel there m8

that's a power LED you retards, it's white when the monitor is on

It's not like you can see the frame of the monitor or anything to confirm this.

quit being retarded
if that was a defective pixel it would be a stuck pixel, dead pixels don't emit light at all
fuck off back to plebbit

boost the exposure then

depends which subpixels were stuck, if all of them were stuck in 'on' position then it could be white

Attached: 20190121_003203_.jpg (5312x2988, 3.92M)

The fact that the retards actually thought it was a dead pixel made me laugh. It really shows how superior VA is to the point that people can't even tell where the screen ends and the bezel begins.

>I bought the cheapest chink IPS screen ever why is it shit???
lol, should have spend that money on an used enterprise screen from HP or DELL. Now you're stuck with consumer garbage again.

This samefagging VA shill is back. Check the archives. We have this thread once every week. Ignore anything he says.

Fuck off with your buyers remorse. Retard.

t. buttblasted TN faggot

go fix your dead pixel first, idiot

>Buying the lowest quality IPS/VA panel available.
Well what the hell did you expect?

Solution: Don't buy cheap garbage and get something good like the Dell U-series.

The VA shill is back yet again. Enjoy your slow g2g, blur, VA glow, backlight bleed, clouding, awful input lag, horrible viewing angels, subpar colour reproduction, washed out grays, screen flicker, bad uniformity and awful white tones. But at least the contrast is "better", right?

LG.Display shills are oh so funny

see also if you were less retarded you'd see the "dead pixel" is a triangle

>slow g2g
faster than my old IPS, though tbf it was fairly old and cheap
>VA glow, backlight bleed, clouding
again, see not saying it doesn't exists on cheaper monitors
>awful input lag
sounds more like a driver board issue than panel issue
>horrible viewing angels
definitely worse than IPS, but I look at my monitor straight so not really an issue for me
>subpar colour reproduction
slightly worse than IPS, but FAR better than any TN I've seen
>washed out grays
? how can you have washed out grays with good overall contrast? unless your gamma is fucked, but that's a matter of calibration
>screen flicker
what? are you talking about backlight flicker? how is that related to panel type?
>bad uniformity
more related to panel quality than type
>awful white tones
again, more of a panel/backlight issue

sounds like you've seen a single $100 VA monitor in your life targeted for office work and now you're shitposting

Attached: meme.png (532x81, 4K)

ips is still better than va *shrug*

it's not *shrugs back at you*

IPS or VA depends on the primary use of the panel.

Both are good.

TN is shit.

My $1000 34" nano cell ips curved monitor doesn't have this problem

What's the point of your thread? They're all shit in their own way.

Attached: giphy.gif (400x400, 1.6M)

What if I use TN panels for my dedicated chat displays? Surely I don't need 1ms 144hz displays for fucking IRC.

>tfw you fell for the IPS/VA meme

No thanks, I don't like invert ghosting.

>TN is shit.
Not for video games.

Video games are shit.

unless you're not competitively playing CS 24/7, TN is shit for games too

nobody told you to buy a curved monitor you dumbass

Unless you're legit pro level, a high end VA or IPS meant for gaming will be perfectly fine.

Even the top tier VA monitors have ghosting issues. That's the one VA flaw you can't get rid off. Just like bad viewing angles of TN.

funny how IPS fags harp on >muh ghosting when their shitty panel has worse problems

Lmao, who gives a fuck unless you're a pro gamer at the top of your game?

It literally wont matter in the slightest, a TN or IPS isn't going to magically make the experience better.

>Lmao, who gives a fuck unless you're a pro gamer at the top of your game?
This
Honestly I watch anime more than I game so what not get a VA?
My current VA panel is maybe a few milliseconds worse than some IPS panels but I'll trade a few milliseconds worst panel for the much better contrast

contrast is single handedly the most important aspect of display quality

I wouldn't say it's the most important but it can otherwise make a shitty panel somewhat more tolerable
I remember having some no name TV with a VA panel, dogshit colors but the only thing stopping it from being about as bad as a TN thinkpad display was the fact the contrast ratio was something like 6000:1
VA has gotten alot better since then, with full sRGB converge basically being standard and 3000:1 contrast being the minimum
I fully understand why almost all LCDs TVs are VA and it's the contrast that makes it appealing

you are very wrong on that.

Literally not.

I have plenty of spare cash and i've literally owned a TN, IPS, AND VA 27" 1440p 144hz panels at the same time for side by side comparison.

I kept the VA panel, returned the other two.

My other monitor is a 43" 4k IPS panel.

>Literally not.
I am sorry for your brain damage.

Attached: lol unless you are an MLG player you wont notice the difference.jpg (392x435, 34K)

I got a low tier LG IPS TV coming tomorrow. How much will I regret it?

VA and IPS can also be 120hz
your point?

>thinks refresh rate is the only thing that matters
>doesn't realize that gray to gray is shitty, then you get ghosting and smearing, ESPECIALLY if its too low for the refresh rate
But hey, actually clear images are over rated, because who watches things in motion.
testufo.com/ghosting

Cool.
Now explain how that matters outside pro competitive games.
For casual single player games or even normie online games like Fortnite I'd much rather have a good image quality than >muh no ghosting.

to add to this 144hz 6.94ms, if the gray to gray response time is longer than 6.94ms the smearing is even worse, which is typical for VA and ISP that aren't top of the line.
If you throw enough money at it, then this becomes less of an issue.

>Now explain how that matters outside pro competitive games.
Because it looks like shit in motion?
Look here tard >For casual single player games or even normie online games like Fortnite I'd much rather have a good image quality than >muh no ghosting.
Lack of ghosting and bluring IS image quality, during motion, you fucking tard.

>Because it looks like shit in motion?
TN looks like shit in every instance except motion.

>pictures look good on my VA and IPS, who cares about how it looks like if anything moves

The thing is, you don't have to resort to TN in order to get a panel where ghosting isn't eliminated but also isn't a nuisance
If your truly serious about not having ghosting then get a CRT

While i know there IS ghosting on my VA panel, it's nothing that is noticeable compared to a 60hz panel.

Even side by side with a 144hz TN panel and you'd be hard pressed to really notice a massive difference.

>way better colors
>way better viewing angles
>way better contrast and black
vs
>somewhat lower ghosting

Attached: 1501588704951.png (328x408, 83K)

and that isn't even to mention you can negate the ghosting heavily by getting a higher end more expensive VA panel (or IPS for that matter too)

>full shilling
yeah didnt expect you to be reasonable

>Using anything other than a plasma

step it up

Attached: left_is_plasma_right_lcd.jpg (2048x683, 241K)

I unironically bought a curved samsung VA qled display. I'm quite satisfied even though is the 8bit model.

Much better than my old LED ips panel

>Using anything but a CRT

Attached: crt_contrast_anim.gif (1000x667, 684K)

who /$75 used 1920x1200 IPS/ here?

>telling the truth is shilling
the absolute state

What is the best fucking panel type? can ANYBODY answer?

Attached: 1551754092699.png (877x847, 846K)

There's no "best," every panel type has pros and cons.

>can ANYBODY answer?
depends what you're using it for you dumbass.

Attached: crt vs lcd2.jpg (3264x2448, 310K)

ANSWER ME RIGHT FUCKING NOW OR SHE WILL FUCKING GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached: 1553488014610.png (877x847, 820K)

µLED

Do it faggot
Bitch is annoying anyway

>he fell for the reddit ips meme

Gaming
>TN
Non gaming
>non curved non AUO top tier IPS panel
Smearing trailing overshooting garbage
>VA

So we're just going to ignore the fact niggas are selling native 4 k panels at a lower resolution and blocking them off with firmware?

What would have less ghosting a 4ms VA or a 4ms IPS?
I went from an 8ms to 5ms Dell TN back in 2013 while it was a phenomenal upgrade back then I'm starting to notice ghosting and motion blur more and more often these days.
Not really a gamer, but I do some digital art as a hobby and mainly consume video.
Don't really want any uber expensive monitor as I'd have to buy 3 at a time, 24~25" range, 27 is too large, and don't like curved or ultrawide bullshit.

>what would have less ghosting?
IPS easily

>27" too large
Nigga wat. I'm at 32" and wouldn't mind 34" at all. Maybe get a desk with proper depth

waht some dumbasses dont understand is that the panel quality is important. a good ips is better for gaming than an shitty TN.

an good tn is better for graphic design than an shit ips.

you get what you pay for.
if it has backlight bleeding, send it back and order a new one

that doesn't happen. subpixel rendering wouldn't work and it would be instantly obvious

Looks for something with blur reduction (ULMB or similar) if you really want to eliminate motion blur:
blurbusters.com/faq/120hz-monitors/

If you have backlight bleeding and find yourself using dark themes, then you haven't configured your monitor.
The first thing you do is cut the brightness to 40-50% as the stock configuration is to look good in showrooms, not on your desk.

Attached: Neneno.png (330x480, 23K)

Must suck to be a desktop user and be stuck with IPS/VA/TN garbage. Even my 13'' laptop has OLED display, so I only have to worry about burn-in, black to grey smearing, and dark grey uniformity... microLed when.

3* 27" monitors is like 75"+ wide in landscape mode, that's like 6 1/4ft, even angled it'll be pushing near 6ft.

Do you really need a triple setup?
If so, how about something like dis?

Attached: kKbffMF.jpg (1306x980, 150K)

Yes, as most of my things are in landscape orientation and would not do well in portrait mode
The whole reason of buying 3 at the same time is to get the same exact panel, I've bought multiple monitors of the same brand and model in the past at different times and got different panels in them as they were different batches.

It's also pretty hard to get a setup like your picture these days without panels misaligned from different resolution length/width/size. 2560*1600 and 1600*900. monitors that fit perfectly together is virtually non existent these days. Same applies to 2560*1440 and 1440*900. Mainstream 1080P panels just don't work well in that kind of setup. I've mixed n matched different resolutions, sizes and orientations in the past and eventually came to the point where I said fuck it, got rid of most of them and bought the three I have now.
Heck, I don't even know what I'd use portrait monitors for these days, I don't browse many sites that would objectively be better in portrait mode, nor would I want to have monitors dedicated for them.

A friend has 2 Acer 27 B273H business monitors in portrait mode with no landscape monitors and while he loves them, I just don't.

I can get one for $425, should I do it?

Attached: SmartSelect_20190325-073622_Samsung Internet.jpg (708x1256, 207K)

I thought "coloururs" is the latest accepted term?

What part of VA sucks ass don't you understand?

Why do most IPS displays not have an ATW polarizer?

haha he fell for it.

Everyone point and laugh.

It has 1ms MPRT.
As well as LFC and MSIs motion blur reduction.

Unless you're autistic or a pro gamer, it should be fine, far better than most VA panels out there currently.

>he doesn't know inverse ghosting gets even worse with enabled MBR
VA is shit for gaming pal

>Buying a IPS panel without selective backlighting
What did you think would happen?

Attached: Laughing Whore.jpg (762x900, 161K)

This has nothing to do with curves, but buying cheap IPS panels.

>FALD displays
LAMO

Attached: 0c5fa077_20180115_183737.jpg (4032x2268, 1.45M)

Lmao the fact you think you'll notice at all is fucking hilarious.

You're like the retard foodies pretending they're super tasters because obviously only super tasters could possibly have such a refined palette.

Meanwhile everyone else just laughs at your autism.

I've just sent back an MSI Mag341cq because I got a fucking headache from its smearing.

So what?

Are you going to pretend a 34" 3440x1440 is somehow using an identical panel to a 2560x1440 27"?

Come on, don't be fucking retarded.

>testufo.com/ghosting

anyone got a good 144hz IPS or TN panel they can post as a comparison.

Attached: 2019-03-24 21.16.22.jpg (3617x2073, 3.88M)

You can't just take a photo like that, it doesn't give an accurate result. You have to take the photo while moving your camera in sync with the UFOs. You can easily do this by hand and get a decent result, but you may be making the blurring worse than it really is.
Pic related, here's my 60hz 5k iMac's screen which has awful motion blurring. This photo makes it look like my screen has less blurring than yours though.

Attached: IMG_2606.jpg (1280x960, 144K)

This is what it looks like to your eyes though.

Attached: IMG_2608.jpg (1280x960, 91K)

>120hz makes no difference!!!

t. poorfag

If you had a real job you might know that 30hz in a VR headset gives most consumers sickness

And here's where I did the same panning photo on a CRT, so this is what it looks like to your eyes.

Attached: IMG_2614.jpg (1280x960, 380K)