2020 will be the year of the smartglass+smartwatch combo, change my mind

2020 will be the year of the smartglass+smartwatch combo, change my mind

Attached: weon-smart-glasses-1024x741.jpg (1024x741, 62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5dsVwXzOIjk
fitnesstracker24.com/smart-eyewear-intelligent-wearable-eyes/
amazon.com/Eiffay-Universal-Rotating-Multiple-Functions/dp/B072JWBM6H
youtube.com/watch?v=mP5ZVPwP7bg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>eye botnet
>wrist fedora

Attached: 1553376311505.gif (600x338, 1.32M)

>irrelevant thing and irrelevant thing

>implying normies would care

Two words to shut down your entire premise.
Battery life.
Another thing is processing capacity, displays, general usefulness, price, etc.

>Battery life
Apple learned it with the Apple Watch

>processing capacity
Processing in your phone, streaming it to your glasses

>displays
Same as todays smartglasses
youtube.com/watch?v=5dsVwXzOIjk

>general usefulness
Imagine Driving with a HUD, walking around a town and seeing the tripadvisor rating and popularity outside of a bar, cooking with your recipe always in your sight.

Don't forget, the market cares for normies.

>price
People buy the Apple Watch and the iPhone XS

Nah, currently thin metal frames are more in fashion. Not gonna wear thick black nerd frames like a 2010 hipster. Plastic frames are disgusting anyway, skin oils/acids or whatever ruin the material and it's heavy AF too. Maybe if they do carbon reinforced plastic with a highly resistant coating I'll consider it.

It's not about you it's about sandy daddyiwantaniphone smith

>Apple learned it with the Apple Watch
Battery technology hasn't made really big improvements in that size. Either you have a very heavy frame or shit battery life. And ask anyone with glasses calling a heavy frame a deal breaker is a massive understatement.
>Processing in your phone, streaming it to your glasses
Fair enough
>Same as todays smartglasses
Those still have some pretty big problems.
They do not play well with glasses with corrective lenses at all especially if you need stronger ones, which alienates a big part of your potential costumer base.
Depending on type of light and impact angle the HUD is just gone.
>Imagine Driving with a HUD
That is already starting to get build into cars and from what I have seen is much more useful on your front screen than in your glasses, especially since smart glasses cannot compete with those car displays.
>walking around a town and seeing the tripadvisor rating and popularity outside of a bar
I don't know if that really is something all that useful. Especially if you don't live in a big city and even then depending on country that might be completely useless.
>cooking with your recipe always in your sight
Pretty much everyone has got a tablet already though and I certainly wouldn't be ditching mine for smart glasses just for cooking.
>Don't forget, the market cares for normies.
I know but I doubt that it will take off much. It's had it's hype with the google glass prototypes but after that it was pretty much dead. You only hear from smart glasses if you actively look for them. Around here they are legit completely dead with normies only some people at my uni care for them and they don't have ones themselves.
>People buy the Apple Watch and the iPhone XS
Those have sold really shitty in comparison to past iPhone sales and especially the watch is "under-performing" in comparison to competitors products.

tl;dr imo not enough has changed for them to be really something to be excited about since we last saw them.

What would need to happen is the ability to have a 24/7 recording. so many 'people' get accused of shit, that if we had a way to deny any accusation fully without much hassle I think 'people' would be able to accept it.
granted half the 'people' the moment that a case goes to court and looses because of the smart glasses will label it as sexist to have them.

That will literally be declared non valid evidence as has been before.

I will buy a display I wear in front of my eyeballs when and only when I can use it with a camera on my gun to shoot stuff from around corners.

[spoiler]26. 60. 22.[/spoiler]

>Battery life.

Wear a back pack and put an AGM 12v100aH deep cycle marine battery in it and a solar panel on the outside.

Unless I'm retarded they don't have the glass technology to display AR or even a simple HUD on to glasses lenses, yet. Thus you are wrong.

They already have, the video is linked in

kek

batteries still too shitty, maybe in another year or 2

can you give a link to the foto user?

fitnesstracker24.com/smart-eyewear-intelligent-wearable-eyes/

only if they manage to shove vr into it

> Plastic frames are disgusting anyway, skin oils/acids or whatever ruin the material and it's heavy AF too.
just how greasy and weak are you?
holy
fucking
shit

You mean AR?
And yeah, that's the whole point, that's why apple is buying smartglass related companies and has the ARKIT

>change my mind
you are entitled to your own thoughts

Do you know how much energy there is from blood pumping? If you had a dam in the circulatory system and a small small turbine, it would easily be enough. With the veins, it wouldn't be that dangerous.
The body's head could be harnessed over a wide surface area.
Also the up and down motions of moving throughout the day could be gathered in the fashion of a mechanical watch. Combining all of these would power all personal devices at all times.

the fuck.

>Imagine Driving with a HUD, walking around a town and seeing the tripadvisor rating and popularity outside of a bar, cooking with your recipe always in your sight.
Imagine believing these are good things.

Attached: 28525.jpg (480x360, 47K)

It's like idiots don't realize neck mounts are a thing.

amazon.com/Eiffay-Universal-Rotating-Multiple-Functions/dp/B072JWBM6H

Not saying it's a good thing, but normies would love that shit.

Did you have a couple of cascading strokes or do you simply have no idea what the fuck you're talking about?

who is working on them now? I'm still upset intel killed their project.

>damming an artery
>for fucking battery life
>lol circulatory obstructions? what r thoooose
this is legitimately the stupidest thing I’ve ever read

>literally having a (((bluetooth+wifi))) device on your face
enjoy brain cancer

As if Google Glass didn’t cause enough of a shit storm about privacy imagine dealing with this all day long
youtube.com/watch?v=mP5ZVPwP7bg