Previous thread
>Read
>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Buying headphones?
>How to activate any version of windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSB?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Attached: sailoroutfit.jpg (400x722, 62K)

jews

How do I test my GPU's memory?

yes

I'll repost my question then. I'm making a twitter account but I need to know if I can use an @nigge.rs email. I tried making one just now and I just got and error and sent to the first page. Does this apply to all cock.li emails or just this one? I got a verification code and everything.

I'm fairly fluent in Java and C++, and going into upper division CS courses in university, but I still don't understand integer representation in binary and hexadecimal, and at this point, I'm too afraid to ask anyone. Can someone please explain it to a brainlet, or direct me to something that explains it well? I've tried to learn it repeatedly, and for some reason nothing makes sense or sticks in my head.

Attached: josan-gonzalez-covers.jpg (1920x931, 887K)

I have some videos that were recorded with excessively high unnecessary bit rates(50,000 bit for 480p video) and the filesize makes them unmanagable
I have the commands i want but i was wondering if doing a dual pass would net better final result. What is the difference between each command for pass 1 and pass 2?

Let's say I'm building some new machines for my home environment. Machine 1 is intended to be a general purpose server, while machine 2 would be my actual PC. Is it possible to set this up somehow so that I don't actually have to install anything on machine 2? Like, whenever I boot up machine 2, it would just communicate to machine 1 which would serve an OS image to it?

I'm not going to bother making a twitter account just to test this, but in my experience it depends on the site. Some sites are loose and free enough that as long as you put in a string that
>has an account name
>follows that with an @
>follows that with a domain
>follows that with a . and some letters
>actually points to an email server
it will just werk. I've seen others that only accept a few domain types, like '.com', '.net', '.org', '.gov', '.edu', etc. And then there's those boomers who set the site up to only accept gmail, yahoo, or outlook.
My guess though is that it might block all cock.lis. .rs is an actual country TLD for Serbia and Kosovo, so they likely don't ban that. It's just the specific server I think

I get screen tearing even at 60fps with vsync(fast)

8600k+6GB 1060

Using a crappy 60hz IPS monitor(HP 22er)

Even with 60fps stable and vsync I get tearing, what gives?

30fps also tears like mad, much worse than 60fps.

Break down decimal to its most basic
147 = 1*100 + 4*10 + 7*1
In other words, 1*(10^2) + 4*(10^1) + 7*(10^0)
Makes sense so far? Now replace "10" by any other number. Like 2, or 16. Everything works the exact same way except the number of digits can be adjusted, for relatively obvious reasons: if the second digit from the right in a number (normally the multiplier for (10^1)) can only go as low as 1*(16^1), that means you need to represent numbers up to 15(decimal) in the first digit, hence hexadecimal digits go 0-9 a-f. With binary, the second position from the right starts at 1*(2^1), so digits only need to go up to 1 since to represent 2(decimal) you increment the next digit and go back to 0 on the first.

This help at all? Let me know if you wanna clarify any particular points in this.

what is the ideal laptop for powering two large monitors with STDia and citrix thin client software

Attached: learn-the-difference.png (961x783, 1.12M)

Can you install gpu drivers while using integrated?
Could you potentially fuck anything up?

Attached: 1234345454657.jpg (374x374, 41K)

...+ [(value * base)^1]+[(value *base)^0]

Font is messed up and Japanese characters aren't showing up, send help!!!!

also I don't use Arch btw.
I use Artix.

Attached: scrot_2019-03-24-20:06:26_1366x768.png (1366x768, 46K)

When you burn an ISO or an IMG file, say to an SD card for an RPI, is there anything special about the data? Could you just copy the files from the SD card to another, and still have a bootable drive?
Basically, is there any difference between burning it, and copy/pasting it?

i'm completely redoing my desk setup when i move and i'm trying to figure out how to go about setting up my system, so far my plan is that i'm going to have one larger monitor horizontally with a vertical monitor off to the side hooked up to my desktop and a space under the larger monitor where i can dock my laptop
i want to use a KVM switch so that I can swap my keyboard, mouse and larger monitor between my laptop and desktop but i don't know if it would be better to have the monitors on a separate switch from the peripherals so i can just swap the mouse back to my desktop to change music without having to swap the monitor as well, i found a HDMI only switch on amazon for about $11 and a usb only switch for $23(USB 2.0) or $35(USB 3.0) or a combined USB(2.0)/HDMI for $34 with a wireless switch remote
i've never used a KVM switch before but it seems like it would be a lot better for swapping between computers since i do all of my uni work on my laptop and store all of my media files on my desktop, should i go for the two separate switches, the combined switch or something else?

Attached: 1551247941587.jpg (540x570, 23K)

Cutest OP so far.

Just to add on top of what the other 2 anons said, binary and hex are basically best friends, from a memory perspective:
>Byte is 8 bits, so:
00000000 -> 11111111
is the range of numbers, in base 10:
0 -> 255 (256 possible numbers, because we include 0)
If you were to express this in hexadecimal (base 16):
00 -> FF
It allows for compression of information from binary, in a nice uniform way

>is there any difference
Usually yes. There's additional formatting/boot data on there that's often essential, especially if it's more than just a simple installer for another drive.

Usually the ISO comes with everything from the ground up including partition tables (if any), boot records, filesystems, etc. Burning it just writes it raw to the storage, so you end up with an SD card that has all that set up.
On the other hand normally out of the box SD cards already come with a filesystem, or else you have to format them to one to be able to actually put files on there, so if you just copy the ISO file onto it it'll just be stored inside that filesystem. Which obviously won't make the SD bootable or usable as a system at all.

It's bridged and everyone has a 0.1 IP

It wasn't working before but all of a sudden it just kind of shit itself into working after i connected my main pc to both the wired and wireless at the same time

thanks lad, have one of my ultra rare spicy memes

Attached: 2016-11-22_230757.png (907x716, 738K)

my laptop always boot into bios, what seems the problem ?
>check the OS
already reinstalling
>change the bios version
already upgrade or downgrade it
>check the harddisk
my ssd has pretty much good health in good condition
even after done everything above, i am still getying the booting into bios. and whenever it happened i must rest my laptop for at least 2 hours before it back into normal condition again. After that, when i am using it again for about 1 or around below 2 hour, my laptop will be suddenly crashing again, back into always booting to bios again.
when the "always booting into bios" happened, the bios not detecting any drive for booting, except for usb port.
The only thing that the bios detects about the hard drives are the capacity space of my hard drives

pls help me..................

I reinstalled Windows 7 on my computer and I can no longer get sound to work. I have a desktop PC and it has 5 output audio jacks on the rear panel and 2 on the front. The front jacks are not connected to the motherboard.

The colors on the rear are Green, Blue, Pink, Orange and Black. I plug my headphones into the Green jack (Audio Out) but get no sound. The volume mixer lists several Platback Devices. It lists 5 "AMD High Definition Audio Device" entries, one entry for my monitor, "Speakers", and "Headphones'.

All of them except for the one through my monitor are greyed out. I can get audio if I connect to my monitor but I cannot select or use any other ones. Please help.

Are monitors supposed to have this weird white looking filter when looked at from an angle? Or is this indicative of something undesirable?

Attached: IMG_3400.jpg (1024x1365, 159K)

it depends on the monitor/panel type, it's normal for tft panels, from above light, from below dark.

It's a stat that some monitors are better at than others. IPS are generally the best at avoiding it.

Thanks!
Ok, so other than setting up the partitions, and marking any as bootable, is there anything 'special' about the files on the drive afterwords? Could I just copy and paste them to an identically formatted/boot marked (?) drive (not that I'm planning to)

I used to have that same problem with Win7. I don't know how to fix it, but once I tried using the front jack on my case it never had that problem again.

Are ITX board for new chipsets usually released with the ATX line or are they released at a later date?

Attached: 1485871611763.jpg (1280x962, 130K)

Never mind I was being retarded, I plugged it into Yellow which just happened to look Green. I am deeply ashamed.

My gf just gave me an Android TV box for birthday present, but what should I do with this exactly?

Alright, figure I'd ask before I go to bed,
I just got a galaxy s9 (SM-G960U) and I'm looking to root it, as well as install lineageos.
I was told I should root it first, but when going into the developer options, I can't find an option to enable OEM Unlock, I just got the phone today, and I think there is a 7 day waiting period, I tried the trick of setting the date back ~10 days, updating, ect. It's still not there, it's an American Snapdragon. Is there any way I can check to see if the button will appear in 7 days? or anything else I can do? Can my phone even be rooted?

Those things usually come with subscriptions that let you stream a ton of channels (illegitimately) from overseas. They tend to have movies and shows and stuff 'on demand' as well.

Or it could be a normal Android TV box which is just a media player kind of thing really. It hooks up to your TV and you can play whatever media you load onto it. There are apps you can get to make your entire media library available and all that.

What model is it?

Is it beneficial to undervolt my notebook PC then overclock the GPU?

No. A good rule of thumb is not to fuck with your laptop's CPU or GPU clock settings manually. You won't get much difference from tweaking them and they are probably tuned to give you good battery life and thermals.

You're probably playing gears of war 1 and need to force vsync in the nvidia control panel for that specific game.

I was helping my friend move into a new place and accidentally damaged something. I offered to pay for it but he repeatedly said no and it was okay, I feel really bad though... Should I pay for it after all?

Suck his dick.

How much was it?
Leave $100 somewhere and when he finds it and tries to return it to you, tell him just keep it and use it to fix the whatever. If it was over $100, consider not paying for it. If it was over $5000 get a new friend. If it was over $35,000 get a lawyer and contact his insurance.

I'm not sure, I basically put a hole in the wall of his new apartment but I'm not sure how much that usually costs to fix or what needs to be done. I think about him having to look at the hole I made in his new place and I feel sad though, I want to get it fixed one way or another.

This.

tell him to stick his cock in it then suck it

does anyone know why webm previews with Jow Forums x lag to a point where I need to refresh the page

Attached: 2019-03-24_23-43-18.gif (505x247, 2.94M)

So I have a GA-870A-USB3 Motherboard, can I just install a GTX 1060 6gb even if its 3.0 PCI E and my mother board is a 2.0?

Attached: 1546373842306.jpg (846x1200, 138K)

>Athlon II
You CAN, doesn't mean you SHOULD. Your connection probably isn't going to limit your speed. Your processor is going to destroy it. And no, I'm not telling you to blow any amount of money on an almost as meme processor "upgrade" for that board.

>Your processor is going to destroy it
Wait, what? What does it means?

Im using an AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1100T Processor, 3300 Mhz btw

Attached: 1535775291646.jpg (400x400, 24K)

Also current card is AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series
1.5 GB

Stop using Google Chrome

That processor is well below the i5-2500 range. Expect bottlenecking. How severe it is will depend on the game, but it ain't gonna be pretty.

I dont think its going to be that bad if I keep lower resolutions

You've got that backwards. High resolution is what taxes the GPU. Turning it down has minimal benefit to CPU use.

My gpu and cpu have been overheating since moving to a new case that has much better ventilation than my last and I can't figure out why. Is there any way that it's software related?

This single game is causing me issues. It runs better in the background or with a window over it, and then performance tanks when I tab back into the game. The game's performance keeps going down the drain the longer a match keeps going until it becomes unplayable (20-30fps) no matter the settings or anything.
It is only this game causing this issue and I already clean re-installed gpu drivers and the game itself
What could be causing such an issue?

Attached: G7Xf6hOEII.webm (820x650, 2.12M)

Is it possible in Bluestacks to create a hotkey to do something in a different instance window?

Is it possible to set up my android phone so that, using its 4G connection, it accesses my home computer and gets its internet connection through that?
Alternatively, can I change the DNS for the 4G connection on my phone? I'm trying to bypass the fucking Australian Jow Forums block so I can shitpost at work.

Attached: 1548439134722.png (567x589, 251K)

Seems like you hit a CPU bottleneck and tabbing out skips a few CPU checks because you aren't looking at the game anyway, so your GPU can run it faster then.

You can set up your own VPN at home, then it'll route everything through that.

But this thing didn't happen before, and other games work just fine. It just began happening recently after playing the game without issues for over a year.

whats the best way to access headless ubuntu? currently using putty on windows

also, does anyone have a script to install a vsftpd server for ubuntu for root, im too retarded to follow the guides people post theyre too weird for me sincenim new to ubuntu

Attached: 1552505689372.png (537x672, 417K)

Thanks for answering user. I tried using an alternative @cock.li email for the heck of it and found out it didn't work either. Guess I'll look for some other way to communicate with people.

Attached: 16e7f79250e24723ed2526dc862e6fbe.jpg (236x175, 11K)

I want to upgrade my 3 case fans to PWM. However, the pin diagram for my Asus H81M-P Plus mobo shows that the CPU fan header is PWM whilst the CHA fan header is +5V.

I'm assuming this means the chassis fan header is voltage regulated, so my initial idea of using a molex powered splitter would make the fans run at full speed all the time.

Can I just use the powered splitter on the CPU fan header instead? The manual says max power draw is 1A but if I'm using the molex powered splitter it should be fine, right?

Attached: _20190324_235747.jpg (1080x1087, 155K)

My software is written in ObjectPascal, and I am forced to use a third-party .NET assembly whose source code I cannot access. When calling a certain function from that assembly, I get an access violation. Now I am investigating whether this is due to a bug on my end (strings and arrays are suspect), or whether this is a problem with the .NET assembly. Since looking at the high-level code for the former has produced no results, and sources for the latter aren't available, I am looking at the disassembled code instead.

I noticed that prior to one particular function call in my program, the instruction push $ff is executed. Two things are strange about this:
1. I cannot fathom why this would be pushed in the first place, as the function call doesn't modify or seem to use it at all.
2. Instead of writing 0x000000FF into the stack, it writes 0xFFFFFFFF... why?

I feel like I'm losing my god damn mind. What is the tool that can clone a bootable USB drive to an .iso? There was some super simple Windows compatible portable tool that could write a disk image to a flash drive, or clone a flash drive to a disk image. I know it was used a lot on the first couple Raspberry Pis. I've tried all the things I can remember using to put images on drives, Unetbootin, Etcher, and Rufus, but none of them can go both directions.

dd

Putty.
Use SFTP if you can.
vsftpd should be as easy as "apt-get install -y vsftpd && systemctl enable --now vsftpd".

Is a VPN based in a 5 eyes country a big no-no? I see PIA recommended but that's US based

Is soulseek safe?

It's a big no-no if you care about government spying
If you just use VPNs to circumvent blocks, region-locks, corporate spying, then it's fine and PIA would be an ok choice
tl;dr depends on your threat model

How about PIA winning that court case? While they can get a subpoena and gag order and stuff, if they literally don't keep logs shouldn't it still be safe in theory?
Of course there's always the possibility that PIA is a government front where they intentionally took them to court and lost to convince people it was safe. But assume that's not the case for a second

Attached: 30CF7013-B3EE-49A8-83DA-68EC106EFE83.png (759x658, 588K)

>network provider
That's retarded because the whole point of a VPN is to hide your traffic from intervening points along the network. The most obvious example is your ISP but this also includes the VPN's network provider.
>hosting provider
Now this is a more valid argument, although I'm not entirely certain how widespread logging of every detail of the server's memory is. Assuming it's running on a virtualised server, and never saves sensitive info to disk, I think the host would need some really targeted facilities to specifically read the VPN server's process's memory and interpret it and log the extracted information. Is that really being done in the wild, or am I missing an easier way to log things?

If your new case has one of those side fans try disabling it

What's the link to GDPR compliant CNN.

im a bit confused on the protonmail subscription types, does paying for the PLUS option allows me to change the domain to [email protected] or i need the business option for that?
on plus option i see
> Use your own domain (ex: [email protected])
but its specified way more specific on the business plan
>ProtonMail Professional Plans provide hosted encrypted email for your company. Use your own domain and create accounts for employees (e.g. [email protected])

i dont get the difference between the two and which actually allows me to change the domain. Do they both allow the domain change, but the business plan give you the option to have multiple domains and receive emails from different people one the same email accout that are send to different domains? can you simplythe whole thing for me?

No need to access the server.
Hosting and hosts ISP see both incoming and outbound packages and their timing, From that, figuring out who is who is trivial (but possibly a bit annoying)

So Firefox just changed how they deal with addons. Now I can't get manual access to the settings files for my addons. Anyone know where they can be found and deleted\edited?

Been having trouble with my desktop lately. On boot sometimes it straight up dosent load explorer (im on win7) and half the time when i boot i have to restart or hibernate it and wake it up else i get bad performance and sound that cuts out. Any ideas what this might be?

Need a clear question

Use vivaldi or Firefox ESR

try disabling hardware acceleration first

I'm having my house rewired and decided to have Ethernet fitted in the process, I fell for the cat 7a+ meme for futureproofing, however the cable seems thicker than I remember cat 5e being. Will I need a specific socket or will a plain old RJ45 suffice?

If my PC is crashing in games and whilst doing a CPU stress test how to I tell if it's the motherboard or the CPU that's at fault?

Attached: 1516530661262.png (480x602, 549K)

I reinstalled windows and some of my old partitions are in raw data now. how do I recover them without dumb third party software?

what’s a good phone to replace my Iphone 6s? Not wanting to buy Ishit again.
Security is a big bonus.

Trying to work out asymptotic complexity. I understand about lower bound, tight bound and upper bounds. Applying this to a block of code is what confuses me.

I read that the complexity of nested loops is given by the amount of times the innermost statement is run.

Given:

int selectkth(int a[], int k, int n)
{
int i, j, mini, tmp;
for (i = 0; i != k; ++i) {
mini = i;
for (j = i+1; j != n; ++j) {
if (a[j] < a[mini])
mini = j;
}
tmp = a[i];
a[i] = a[mini];
a[mini] = tmp;
}
return a[k-1];
}

I understand I must count the amount of assignments and comparisons(machine instructions) in the inner most loops.

This code returns the kth smallest integer in an unordered list. Best case O(1) and worst case O(n) as I understand it, as we might have to traverse the whole list or we might find our value on the first pass.

I don't know how to translate this into a worked solution or even if I'm right and I can't find clear cut instructions for this problem.

Windows should pick them up if they’re fat or ntfs, you screwed up the partition table

What have I done?
Got new Motherboard, new CPU
Powered on, tested fine, was able to update BIOS all good.
Need to get data off the drive I intend to use first.
Bought a sata to USB 3.0, doesn't work
Found no way to power SATA from PSU, old MB used a 4 pin PCI-E on the motherboard itself for this, new MB doesn't have this
Bought a 6 pin PCI-E and connected to PSU and SATA power connector to drive
Now machine powers up, seems fine but no video signal, even when everything disconnected
Have I blown something in the PSU or fucked Motherboard?

I think they were allocated C: and D: in the past but that belongs to other drives now so when I allocated new letters it says I must format ;__;

4 pin connector on the motherboard to drives is not PCIe, it's non standard.

What motherboard?

What drive?

Post Disk Management screenshot

Run diskpart then list partitions see if you can mount them from there

here
already tried. same shit

Attached: disk.png (752x597, 41K)

Try easeus or minitool, i know you said no 3rd party programs but it may be the only way

MB - asus h110m-k
Drive is a 2TB Seagate 3.5 HDD
I have just went ahead and ordered yet another sata to USB item from Amazon to try to recover the data
And I ordered a new PSU that has all the proper connectors on it for SATA, etc since the cables with the Corsair one I am using are long gone apparently

I'm giving it a scan with hetman right now. how do I avoid this shit in the future?
I thought putting the files on a disk and just forgetting it exists would be as safe as it gets, then this happens. I assume an USB stick can not get similar issues?

idk, consider switching to waterfox

I don't know if it's stupid or not but something really strange just happened to me. I was listening to music via foobar on my windows 10 pc when I got a phone call on my android phone. The music paused itself and resumed when the call ended. How on earth is it doing this? The only thing they share is wifi, otherwise they aren't connected

Theres always the possibility that winblows will eat shit, so the best thing to do is back up your files on another disk

Would it be quicker to defrag a HDD first, then scan it for viruses?
Or would the opposite be quicker?

Also, not sure if this is more suited for /csg/, but I've seen in videos where companies have custom boards to test fans and make sure they run at the right voltage. Are these sorts of boards, even if only limited amount of fan headers, available for consumers for relatively cheap? I've got too many fans to check, and only a single spare fan header on my motherboard.