How's that job-hunt going Jow Forums

How's that job-hunt going Jow Forums

Attached: 1553484735425.png (960x859, 721K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/mar/02/nasty-linkedin-response-kelly-blazek-cleveland-ohio
youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

imagine having to actually work with that person

Jesus Christ why censor out this asshole's name?

whats a job bank and how do i make one

>and, would you like some more salt on your salt, Cunt?
blokes madd, srs

lol what a fucking cunt

Attached: 1544209984803.png (970x450, 666K)

I'm glad I was treated better earlier in my career. Even some VPs reached out to me to connect on LinkedIn back when I was a 19 year old intern.

>visit linkedin
>layout constantly changes
>add connection is a different place each time
>new laptop has overly sensitive tap-to-click
>tap this bitch as a suggested connection without realizing it
>get an InMail back the next week about how she's the hottest shit in all of Ohio

The very definition of who you know being more important than what you know.

It's ok. I already have a job so I don't tolerate some of the bullshit other job seekers out up with. It's a distinct advantage of privilege though, just like the supreme cunt that wrote that message.

People who do this clearly are retarded. This is instant nightmare pr as soon as It hits Twitter or reddit with all the retweets and likes or whatever.

I found the perfect job.

Attached: jobforg.png (1513x515, 720K)

How do I prepare for a phone interview Jow Forums? They wanna ask about some qualifications and whatnot? I assume this is just a kind of HR screening and if I pass they'll forward my resume to the engineering team and they'll actually do a sit-down interview with me.

I'm doing some research about the company. I'll make sure to have my resume on hand. Any other documents or things I should have ready for when they call? I'm kinda nervous.

Make sure they can't hear your keyboard and make sure you can type with both hands comfortably while talking to them. Don't feel bad, you'll still have to do the in-person interview and you might have just gotten stuck forgetting something you didn't expect them to ask but just didn't brush up on before hand.

My dad added me as "worked with" on LinkedIn and when I called him he honestly didn't know he had done it. He's a retired cop and I work as a sysadmin. Now every time I log on to LinkedIn I get ten different cops as "recommended work colleagues" and I feel like I just need to mouseover one to send them a promptless invite.

set the Jow Forums hounds loose

Having a mech keyboard with MX blue switches is probably not great then, fuck.

I can have my laptop I guess but the battery can't hold a charge and the charger cable connector is loose so it comes out easy and the computer powers off every time it happens.

The fact that you haven't uncensored the email is a little suspicious. Could you uncensor it, please?

>Female
>Ohio
Not surprised.

It's real, this blew up all over the Internet.

theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/mar/02/nasty-linkedin-response-kelly-blazek-cleveland-ohio

naturally, its bint on bint. Should have guessed really, the tone is classic HR Dept 'think the phones on silent' shit.

Attached: FUCKYOUISAID.png (516x541, 94K)

Shit like this seems to happen to every "business award". I'm at a point where I take them as a negative signal.

I have never met a single HR that's not kind of a cunt.

>compiles job openings for a living

A fucking burger flipper is more useful to society than she'll ever be.

Gave up and just thew in with Revature.

>3 technical interviews where i sound like a fucking RETARD stumbling over simple puzzle questions being put on the spot
>1 'introductory' interview where i sound like a FUCKING RETARD because he without warning starts scrolling through a project on my github i havent touched for months and quizing me on TMP techniques
>sounding like a autistic sped to HR people not knowing how technical to make my answers when they're writing down everything i say but they aren't a tech person
>half a dozen 'we have moved to the next step of hiring without you' emails
>one email that says 'next time read the requirements before wasting our time'

oh so fun

Attached: Unsorted:B 681 (DQ).jpg (1669x2400, 3.01M)

>employer thinks they'll get a bunch of cheep math geniuses but instead gets employees attacked and sexually assaulted by raging autists
Who thought this was a good idea?

>actually getting rejection emails
Entitled

thats from applying to maybe 125 positions in a week, so 90% of them still ghosted me

who gives a fk mate, just keep applying. I dont even get responses at all, atleast your actually getting interviews.

I gave up. Haven't been employed in a year. Currently working on Wordpress and React projects so I can freelance.

Hi I worked at Apple Microsoft and Amazon, I've seen over 1,000 anime and I fap to cute and funny stuff.

Specs:
Manjaro w520
Windows 10 3570k gtx 970
Macbook pro for work
Chromebook with crouton ubuntu

Make sure you're interviewing for technology you actually know. I've had about 10 technical skype or phone interviews in the last 5 months, but kept fucking up and never got a job because I kept interviewing for shit I didn't know. Don't just throw your resume out there, focus on jobs you KNOW you can do. Get really good at 1, maybe 2 things so that you can answer any question some HR retard throws at you about it.

Can't beat 'em? Just join 'em at HR!

I don't have a linkedin cause I have no connections and nothing to put on there

Attached: 1490850828925.png (700x700, 270K)

same except I also have no skills

Attached: 058.png (489x423, 23K)

I’ll vouch that you were on the team for developing the blacked.com web api

The world wasn't meant for people like us

send me your resume, we're hiring in the bay area.

[email protected]

I'm not posting the company mail on Jow Forums.

What if they ask you why you couldn't install Arch or Void?

>it's a privilege to be able to land a top tier job
>you have to be extremely lucky and know the right people and kiss some asses so you can be allowed to slave away for someone
Wow, so this is the power of capitalism.

>live in leafland
>18 year old WOKE hs dropout
>looking for a job
>realize that job market is fucked in my area
>all the jobs are taken by pajeets that come here for uni
>never get calls back
>found one job in which im supposed to travel around canada
>don't have any money to begin with to travel

yea. fuck this.

send :^)

Im still looking for a summer internship.
Invitations to apply but no call backs or interviews yet. I dont want to be stuck with my part time job for the summer.

Attached: 1552387617231.jpg (1440x1299, 100K)

>send me your resume, we're hiring in the bloatnigger bay area.

nigger suck on my anus and fuck ur shitty ass startup

I've applied to around 2000 internships this semester and still no success. I've had a few phone interviews, and I failed the one technical interview I got. Is there anywhere that has a shortage of entry-level work? I'm willing to work anywhere, but I'm losing hope :(

can you post more about the company itself. Just give some more general information, as to what requirements you are looking for. I am from the bay area as well.

Attached: stretchies.jpg (498x471, 26K)

we just got ~$50 million in funding. decide for yourself.

We've been taking the hr team to dinners and giving them gifts in China for decades.

Bribes work in America too, I gave 10k to get a job for the experience.

just give up. Don't become sheep

nice bloatnigger, money is bloat.

Arch is just a timesink, even Manjaro is too much hassle. Back when I was neet I fiddled with linux from scratch and gentoo but then realized if you want a job you have to focus on useful things (like using Ubuntu to actually code something you can show an employer).

lmao, what an idiot. how do people still not grasp the permanence of online content?

autists. Just have friends and family endorse you. 9/10 people don't look at who endorsed.

Damn I'm a SEAmonkey but I feel bad for you. You can still take the self-taught coder meme if you like tech. Webdev specifically, most web dev people where I live don't care about degrees.
That or go to Asia and be the decor wallflower white guy who only shows up to meetings and look pretty. Companies in Asia need that diversity to look professional too, bonus you can legally call yourself a bridge engineer.

Jesus christ who is this entitled asshole? Give the linkedin profile and I'll make sure he is blacklisted for good. There should be a sense of professionalism for his position which he is clearly lacking and has the audacity to boast about these connections.

We are a 3D imaging company and manufacture our own cameras. We have PhDs doing computer vision and deep learning stuff. I work on the web and api side of things so no C++ for me, I work in js, python and Kotlin.

The stack is angular/django and transitioning from python to kotlin/java for new services. We deploy with kube and docker onto aws.

We are considered the gold standard for interior 3d imaging. Take that for what you will.

Experience with python and backend is necessary, 1 year preferable. We help train but expect you to figure shit out as part of your job. Kotlin is new so you can learn it as you go. Experience with js is helpful for api testing and bug fixing.

Good reply. We'll review your entry and contact you.

I don't know what kind of job to look for.
I'm tired of webshit but don't want to give up programming just yet. Can't even find anything else in this shithole of a country, I don't remember the last time I saw a posting for a mobile dev, let alone anything related to embedded

Imagine posting on Jow Forums just to steal their identities. Oh wait, I've seen this happen again and again.

rip, I know python but have never really done anything with django, and dont have the 1 year experience. Thank you for offering though, dont mind the other anons. Its people like you that actually offer to help, that make this place worth coming to.

Attached: 1551734884624.png (1102x967, 501K)

Go to China if you want embedded. It's just another blue collar job for them.

I have nothing to lose. I'll send you my resume. And if you decide you'd rather rape and kill me...that's even better

>country undergoing economy boost
>every company suddenly needs programmers
>companies that rejected me in the past get in touch with me again

What do? I already have a job.

I hate being in the position of someone who's looking for an internship position. They are not looking for hardworking diligent programmers, they are looking for air-headed zoomers that think the world is a cartoon show. I just want my first market experience, so I can jump to something big. I wish all the roasties that work in human resources departments would just violently die ASAP.

Attached: 1547871589291.jpg (652x522, 77K)

You've seriously applied to over 2,000 internships in a period of probably about 100 days or so for an average semester? You seriously expect me to believe you fill out 20 applications a day? Hell you even seriously expect me to believe there are even 2,000 internship opportunities within a 200mi radius of wherever you live? I think you're full of shit. You e probably only applied to a small handful if you've actually applied at all

Er, I'm kinda strong in one aspect of the job and a bit weak in all the others.

I came up with a good answer to this problem but I'm too selfish to share it. Get your noggin joggin and maybe you'll come up with a good one too.

I haven't seen this happen in the past but I'd believe it. I'm just trying to get anons who have even a few skills a chance at a job.

Currently right now 180 applications out since Jan 1. Something has to pop, it's just a matter of time. Just this waiting game sucks.

i had a job at a call center but quit it in a month because i was cocky.

It happens and it sucks, I graduated in May last year and was applying for jobs from mid December and it took me till mid march to hear a single reply, then I got 3 interviews and an offer in two weeks.

(You)
I thought it's a boomer fart sniffer. You can't deduct a vagina carrier from that email.

>code
Stopped reading right there.

Is anyone here from Northrop Grumman? Can anyone answer when will those government contracts approve so we can start working? Or at least an estimation would be nice. This waiting sucks.

>send one application for internship
>get it
>get part-time job there as well later on
sometimes it's ok to live in a small shithole country where you're almost guaranteed a job if you're not retarded but then you get this situation

I want to kill myself
I fucked up every single interview I had

First interview I totally didn't study for so I went in unprepared. Got asked on the fundamentals of OOP that I totally spaced out on. Unsurprisingly failed that interview and got the decline a few days earlier. Though honestly I don't care, the job was in fucking Ohio. Who the fuck wants to be in Ohio?

>fundamentals of OOP
what kind of questions would fundamentals of OOP be?

The 4 principles of OOP encapsulation, inheritance, polymorphism and abstraction. I nailed inheritance and polymorphism because years ago I studied them heavily when I was fresh with interviews. I totally spaced out on abstraction and encapsulation though.

Also asked about how to calculate run time efficiencies, which is Big O notation. That I also spaced out on.

Also asked on various sorting methods. Not how to do them, just to cite what sorting methods I was aware of. I think I said bubble, insertion, quick....and radix.

Linux from scratch? I didn't know we were still in preschool buddy. At least grow up a bit and write your own kernel in C and Assembly. I have blood in binary. 1 is oxygen 0 is not. My mind is a xeon processor and I tell you I do that every morning for breakfast. After that I type in binary with the opcodes for every processor stored in my dick. I jizz out instructions into my computer. I dont have a urethra, I have a USB port. Finally after 15 minutes of that I manually begin to manipulate the velocity of spin of electrons in the air aroune me to surround myself with full raw computational power.

>getting this buttmad because someone tried to friend you on a website

checked
i've never been asked about OOP ever in an interview

I've applied all over the US and Canada and spent entire days on some weekends churning out hundreds of applications. It's not impossible

Fachkräftemangel

:^)

>You seriously expect me to believe you fill out 20 applications a day?
different poster but yes that's considered normal. i live near NYC though so that may skew things

>censored name

Fake and gay

idk how you guys can't get a job lmao I got one right after finishing school
get gud

How many white woman complaints do you guys think she posts in a given week?

>Ugly fucking rat hag bitch

Shocker....

Been on three interviews. Failed the first one and I'm still waiting for the job agencies to answer me for the second and third. Am I gonna make it?

Only redditors censor names.
go fuck yourself OP. you're a nigger and a faggot.

If you're churning out 2k applications you're doing something incredibly wrong. No wonder no one's contacting you back. You're not tailoring your application for each place or not paying attention to wherever it goes.

>poor
have fun getting raped by muhammad and giving him your money in return.

>Fachkräftemangel
>All the job openings at companies that complain about it the most still require 3+ years of experience working with internal/not openly available tools, hardware and environment for entry level jobs that no single graduate would have close to no chance to have worked with
Fuck that noise and fuck people like Joe Kaeser, trying to devalue wages by pushing the Fachkäftemangel meme

youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM
don't blame her desu

>I curate a list of job openings
"Okay, who's hiring?"
>Wow how fucking dare you, you fucking entitled millennial shit I'll personally see to it that you never have a job anywhere

>falling for the tailoring meme
>unironically spending more than 10 minutes per application

Every time

>be crazy motherfucker
>Want to do QA testing for a living
>Nobody does remote employment
>Have to live off bug bounties
>Resume is perfectly fine
>Portfolio is fine
>Still don't get hired because pajeet is cheaper
Just hire me so your product doesn't suck dozens of cocks. I don't care what it is or how brutal I have to work. This shit is fun to me and you should appreciate someone like me actually assed themselves to apply for the position since everyone that goes for these is a job hopper anyway