/hpg/ /esg/ - Headphone etc General

How to request purchase advice:
pastebin.com/Fkxm4BBA

Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous based thread:

Attached: 48389866_p0.jpg (2480x3508, 1.07M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en-us.sennheiser.com/accessories--hd-650--cable
rinchoi.blogspot.com/2013/08/apple-me186lla-budget-wonder-updated.html
clarityfidelity.blogspot.com/2014/12/apple-in-ear-me186-measurement.html
amazon.de/Audio-Technica-BPHS1-Broadcast-Headset-Dynamic-Schwarz/dp/B003D87JI2)
amazon.com/Samsung-Bluetooth-Wireless-Charging-Included/dp/B07MWCNR3W
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

buy stax

Attached: 1552266214208.png (181x750, 167K)

i have an origen g2 and running it via usb right now
what would the benefits be to running it off of spdif instead of usb are?

Attached: file.png (500x500, 147K)

>We hate niggers
now you're talking, why didn't you just say so?

FUCK NIGGERS
FUCK NOSTAXERS

Attached: 1553241478833.jpg (720x713, 81K)

Indeed...fuck niggers and poorfag nostaxers

Attached: 2hu_groove.gif (100x100, 255K)

Attached: 155285330579231.jpg (1421x931, 997K)

haha you guys ruined this general

Salvation was created for sinners, repent from your nostax ways

Who wants to sniff my feet?

utilize stax, become nippon.

Attached: emplate111.jpg (328x493, 37K)

posting the master race headphone manufacturer

Attached: ReichKollection2.jpg (1395x1115, 324K)

What are the go-to budget closed headphones?
I remember a while ago Superlux was a thing, are any of their models worth looking at? Or is there some other budget king?

superlux are semi-open, so #notclosed
dt770 are the best in class i'd say.
if you mean BUDGET, get tin t2/t3 or koss ksc75/portapro

MY FUCKING HD600 BLEW A DRIVER REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

were you bass boosting them

Nope

get fucked buy stax

elaborate

Apple In Ear with 100 ohm resister is amazing!!!
pretty damn flat imo

I wonder how much I would have to pay to get something better than this.
would a decent custom IEM be enough?

Attached: IMG_20190325_225240.jpg (3120x4160, 3.35M)

Nothing, it's a meme.

First for

Attached: 0436DDC8-F11A-4BE3-8141-1C21C45F5226.jpg (3608x3001, 2.36M)

Left side stopped working, could be cable but on inspection it looked fine. I'll open them up and check it out when I have the time.

>could be cable
Most likely. Check if the 3.5mm jack is bent or something and try plugging it into a different audio source
en-us.sennheiser.com/accessories--hd-650--cable

what's the best between the two? I only have roughly 40€ to spend. I just listen to music and play games
>akg k92
>senn hd300

Attached: poorfag.png (1121x832, 680K)

We must secure the existence of our superior fidelity and a future for electrostatic headphones

Stax with KG energizer

That does literally nothing to improve the sound

it actually does improve the upper treble and lowers the bass to a balanced amount

try reading these :

rinchoi.blogspot.com/2013/08/apple-me186lla-budget-wonder-updated.html

clarityfidelity.blogspot.com/2014/12/apple-in-ear-me186-measurement.html

Attached: Screenshot_2015-06-06-22-20-13-1.png (993x720, 118K)

That is such a slight difference it's not worth mentioning

slight difference?
I can definitely hear the difference with the 100 ohm resister equipped and unequipped.
also, adding the resistor reduces the harmonic distortion at 3k to a inaudible level

your just mad you can’t afford someone to build to you a KG energizer for your Stax. it goes without saying your too stupid to build one yourself

morning sapphire

About last month I had the retarded idea of trying to take off and clean the glued-on pads of my Fidelio X2s, was unable to take them off completely, panicked a bit and I guess Im too dumb or something to get them back on fully... so they like...hang off the side as in pic related. What do i do? Do you think I could get a professional to repair it for me or should I just go for another pair? cus it bothers me a lot and the sound quality is slightly worse.

On a side note I have been looking at the Massdrop Hifiman HE4XX. does anyone know how they compare to X2s in terms of bass quality?

Attached: 20180911_190720.jpg (4160x2080, 2.01M)

I was going to ask for shopping advice but you people seem incredibly retarded

it's just shitposting

not much new stuff happens in audio so we have to troll each other

pretty much this. once you discover Stax are the only headphone worth spending money on then it’s just a matter of getting a KG energizer to drive them.

stfu retard

Attached: KGBTFO.png (1000x519, 207K)

it’s already been established Stax energizers are shit so...

ok retard

look at the graphs, they are practically overlapping across the board. this suggests they are identical results

yes, Stax amps equally suck. we get it.

>comparing ss amps
i mean, c'mon work on your shitposts first

Okay anons, since you people fucked with the pastebin I don't know how to ask properly.

I'm looking for headphones along these guidelines:

Wireless
Open back
big ear cups
$250 or less

foldable would be neat but not necessary at all

Attached: 1553134194346.png (521x400, 358K)

here ya go
Staxaudio.com

BUY STAX
U
Y

S
T
A
X

people INSIST that different energizers bring different sound

that test proves it does not

Is the KGSS the absolute entry level for good sound?

lol

No, only the entry STAX headphones are the absolute entry level for good sound

but don’t they need a special energything that only Dr. Gilmore has perfected?

thanks for the help

Didn’t you read That post suggests Stax needs a KG energizer to drive them, pretty conclusive that Stax make garbage energizers and only Dr. Kevin Gilmore amps are suitable for good sound with Stax earspeakers.

First time posting here, my 40€ Phillips wireless fm (SCH5100 I believe) are finally dying off after like four years of good and loyal services. Battery life is getting really low, and if I put the volume too high they have a seizure, so I'm looking to replace them.
>Wireless
>Entry level, possibly under 100€ or around that much
>Don't know much about sound quality, just want something decent, sturdy enough to last a couple years and with acceptable battery life
I just can't go back to wired anymore
and no my bank most definitely wouldn't let me get a loan so I can get a stax

>and no my bank most definitely wouldn't let me get a loan so I can get a stax

i hear there's good money in sucking dicks

just save up a little at a time until you can afford the Stax and a KGSS energizer. come on user you can do it!

STAX = audiophool low fidelity garbage.

HD600 is better.

you’ve never heard Stax driven by KGSS HV have you

>Wireless
Only normie headphones are wireless. Can't even think of any wireless open-back headphones of the top of my head. Sennheiser hd58x or 6XX are a good purchase if you don't mind having a wire, ear cups are not the biggest tho but certainly big.

How do I find someone to build me a Kevin Gilmore estat amp?

I was thinking about getting these (amazon.de/Audio-Technica-BPHS1-Broadcast-Headset-Dynamic-Schwarz/dp/B003D87JI2) because I used them at event once and they were great, but:

Would they be good for streaming?
What interfaces would I need for the 3-pin XLRF?

Attached: amz.png (944x536, 68K)

HD 569 or ATH-M50x?
for home use for extended bouts of tv and movies
closed back because city noises and roommates

ATH, I'd say. There is a lot of construction where I live and I cant hear shit.

This general is stuck in a time loop.

>The Frankfurt University of Music and Performing Arts conducted an extensive scientific study(1) where participants reported a ~60% decrease of tension, nervousness and a 120% increased sense of well-being with a HiFi system including tubes, when compared to a solid-state system.
>(1) Jürgen Ackermann - PhD Thesis at the Frankfurt Hochschule für Musik und Darstellende Kunst (Music and Performing Arts University)

Attached: 1284034961642.jpg (600x663, 45K)

Woo Audio sells the all tube Kevin Gilmore designed GES

Can someone explain the hd6xx meme? Are they really the same thing as he 650s with a different paint job?

why would anyone even care when STAX exist

Different paint job and a shorter cable.

You're never gonna fool anyone into spending thousands of dollars on a pair of headphones dumbass tranny

Don’t forget the several thousand dollar more Kevin Gilmore energizer!

Don't you have some KG amps to shill

No, they're sort of the beta for a newly developed driver that just happens to sound somewhat similar to the HD650S and has been put into an identical looking design, albeit feeling a bit cheaper on the plastics and stuff. They don't make HD650S obsolete, but they do punch well above their price and are the better value option.

all anyone ever had to do is just listen to Stax and they sell themselves, silly

I use a DAC/AMP combo like most reasonable human beings

You're confusing it with the HD58X. The HD6XX has HD650 drivers.
>HD650S
HD660S.

>reasonable human beings
sorry user poorfags are not reasonable

Yeah I'm confusing everything. Fuck Sennheiser for releasing so many models, and especially fuck Massdrop for constantly getting special editions that make no sense in a brand's lineup.

>unironically calling someone a poorfag
What's next, are you gonna shill your overpriced shit purchases? In the rare case you're not a welfare hogging tranny who doesn't even care about headphones, I own the Chord Mojo and HD800S

Tell your employer to fix the bass iasue on stax

is that bragging lol

>not owning bass cannons
>listening to thin treble ear rape

Attached: IMG-20190220-212711573.jpg (1067x800, 95K)

Mentioning what headphones I own in a headphone discussion isn't bragging you dumb illiterate

SEETHING NOSTAXERS

Dickhead welfare tranny reveals himself/itself once again. Enjoy wasting your extremely limited time on this planet.

Imagine not owning stax

amazeballs that my stax from 1987 is playing edm like a champ

>owning deprecated wh*teboi x00s
>not owning BLACKED latest model

Attached: U8o2RmipTniPmdpXvx6Y_AI7B2772 copy .jpg (473x315, 14K)

which KGSS are you using, the HV?

Can someone answer this so I can blow all my cash pls? ty

Not sure if this belongs here or in chinkshit gen:
Im looking for some "invisible" wireless headphones i can wear while at work. Preferably skin color but that doesn't really matter much. Biggest concerns would probably be sound quality and battery life. I drive around cleaning various things in people's houses, some jobs take 45 mins, some take 4 hours. Id want a good 6+ hours of continuous use at least as well as good sustainability so the battery doesnt go to shit after a few months of killing it and then recharging it to full 1-2 times a day. I don't need memes like 30 foot connection distance (my phone is always in my pocket, maybe 3 feet away from my ears), connecting to multiple devices at once, etc. and it seems like all the ones i find have that. Im not saying i dont wamt those features, just that im not buying a $300 set thats only that expensive because of tons of shitty memes that i dont need. If its $300 because youll cum out of your ears due to its amazing sound quality and 12 hrs of battery life sure, ill bite.

would a SRS-3100 (SR-L300 + SRM-252S) and L700 earpads be good enough to be an endgame headphone?

>total price : 900 USD (approximate with all the tax and shipping included

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (800x584, 56K)

this belongs in /lgbt/

This is a legit response, but have you considered airpods (if you have long hair, they're basically invisible).

Forgot how good the 650's are through a tube amp playing metal

amazon.com/Samsung-Bluetooth-Wireless-Charging-Included/dp/B07MWCNR3W

maybe this would be good enough for you?

Yes now leave before sapphire tries to meme Kevin gaymore garbage at you

Why is everyone shilling the SRM-252S now? Isn't it just a crappy entry level amp?

Loving these.

Its pure listening pleasure.

Attached: 20190309_164016.jpg (4032x2268, 2.35M)

Edifier told them they need to increase sales on the entry level, nobody is buying the high end models.