/spg/ - Smartphone General

Samsung Galaxy A70 Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: Galaxy-A70_main_F.jpg (1000x520, 246K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_mi_9x_specs_leaked_supposedly_coming_in_april-news-36228.php
idealo.co.uk/compare/6287861/xiaomi-pocophone-f1.html
m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Xiaomi-Pocophone-F1-6GB-128GB-Dual-Sim-SIM-FREE-UNLOCKED-Blue-/302868057
m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Xiaomi-Pocophone-F1-6GB-128GB-Dual-Sim-SIM-FREE-UNLOCKED-Blue-/302868057697
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>m.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_mi_9x_specs_leaked_supposedly_coming_in_april-news-36228.php
Thoughts?
Looks better than rn7p and decent price

I just gotta say this lads, I'm loving my new OnePlus 7T. The 10x zoom, gcam and everything else is just so fucking good. Android Q sucks but whatever.

Any word on porting Android Q to non-Pixel phones? I remember they managed to run a generic Pie image on Treble phones back when it came out.

Get some help

6850 is a Mediatek SoC, so no custom roms and recovery. Root is still possible but most likely nobody bothered to figure out the method and create the tool since it's some unknown chink phone. Your best bet with this thing is to do a factory reset. If that is not an option remove facebook/messenger if they are present (the most important step) and disable any bloat apps you can. Also try limiting the number of apps to keep in memory from inside Developer options, this might create an impression that the phone is running faster.

Mi 9X will likely be China only like Mi 5X and 6X. We'll probably get it with Android One as the Mi A3, just as Mi 5X became Mi A1 and 6X became Mi A2 globally.

will the samsung a40 or a60 come out in the uk?

Attached: 1548527506552.gif (225x225, 969K)

>UK
get the pocomeme

poco in carphone is expensive

Attached: 1548457416359.png (400x400, 118K)

Redmi Note 7 or wait for the (more expensive) OnePlus 7? I'm European, if that matters.

Wait for the Mi Mix 3 5G

Mi9

Is latest version of pixel experience for the pocophone f1better than miui 10?
How buggy is it? Does it still run videogames or is rooting the phone a must?
Im loving the device. Ut I have this think shit Android ui overall.

Buy it elsewhere then
idealo.co.uk/compare/6287861/xiaomi-pocophone-f1.html

Funny how no one's made a stock android ROM.

I just want a phone that I can play fate grand order,browse on the Web and make calls and texts within the £100-£275 range

Attached: 1553436734462.png (1080x1080, 212K)

Get the Redmi Note 7.

m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Xiaomi-Pocophone-F1-6GB-128GB-Dual-Sim-SIM-FREE-UNLOCKED-Blue-/302868057

>Phone mic broke
No problem, I dont do calls that often
>Phone battery dies
No problem, I recharge often
>Phone lags, stutters and is a piece of shit when browsing net
No problem, dont care
>Phone cant go vertical without blacking out the screen
Minor issue

Im too stingy to buy a good phone when better ones are coming out anyways and too needy to buy a bad one. This is a special kinda hell

Attached: 1519913753105.png (586x634, 284K)

m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Xiaomi-Pocophone-F1-6GB-128GB-Dual-Sim-SIM-FREE-UNLOCKED-Blue-/302868057697

>get a phone in 2014
>in 2015 it's not supported officially anymore
>install CyanogenMod
>a year later it changes to LineageOS
>install LineageOS
>2017, this model is not getting anymore updates
>install LineageOS Unofficial
>in 2018 it's dropped by the creator
>install Resurrection Remix

This piece of crap will be running the latest Android version well into the 2020's, mark my words.

Very likely will have a battery closer to 3200mah. Xiaomi never puts the giant batteries in their Mi phones.

I'm a not a mega fag enough to get a chink phone.

just fuck my shit up. How future proof is Mi 9? SD855 is a beast after all but its a chink phone

Attached: 1527419690556.jpg (753x999, 160K)

Lol
Alright go and get literally scammed by buying a Samsung a7 or some used iPhone 6s.

It will probably be future proof as it gets

I don't understand why you need a "futureproof" SD855 phone that's $500 USD when you can just get a SD845 phone closer to $300 USD or SD835 phone for about $240 USD. You could always just buy a cheaper phone every 2 years instead of depending on a "futureproof" phone.

What are some f[spoiler]un Android games?[/spoiler]

Its not just the processor but the form factor.

Attached: 1530959927678.png (1360x768, 1.52M)

Steam Link. Let's you remotely connect to your PC and play steam games on your phone. I've been playing Yakuza 0 at work with a controller clip, top tier mobile gaming.

Eh I'd rather play AAA games on my PC. I was thinking something smaller.

[S]pubg solo queue if your phone can run it at great settings [/s]

No lag?
I tried one of the first betas and it lagged like crazy. My connection is only 100mbs, though.

All phones are chink phones.

Huawei p30, yay or nay?

Attached: huawei-p30-r2.jpg (494x700, 78K)

AAA games aren't the only PC game that plays with a controller. Dead Cells is fun as fuck on phone, and quick to pick up and put down. Spelunky is pretty good too. PSP emulation is another to play shit like Crisis Core.

No noticable lag for me, but I have the same isp at work as home, and ping like 12ms to my home ip from work. Wireless AC is crucial though, if I connect to 2.4ghz wifi at work it's too laggy and shit.

Attached: 1550656118782.png (1425x1125, 700K)

I used to be the same then I manned up and saw the light
just man up and do it.

Is SD 845 worth the price cut compared to SD 855?

>Huawei
Absolutely not

How poor are you bro? Just buy it, do something with your life that lets you earn good money without slaving your soul away and just upgrade it if you want. Specs wise, it'll run great for years. Design wise, in two years they'll have in display cameras and super fast charging and special nano batteries.

Nothing beats playing it on an XB271HU. You get IPS for gorgeous colors and 144hz, games like Yakuza were made for this.

You could buy an SD636 phone right now with 4gb ram and you'd be set for the next two years. Just man up

if there are any fellow UK poorfags here looking to buy a phone - ebay uk (maybe others?) are doing a 10% off promotion till the 28th and envirophone's store is participating (probably others too, that's just the one I used).

Would I be a sucker to get XZ2 for 360 eur? It only has 4gbs of ram and no oled. Im a sucker for the looks though

Attached: how-to-unlock-sony-xperia-xz2-cover.jpg (1500x1000, 210K)

What's wrong with them? Other than the chink shit?

No, doesn't seem interesting
Yes. 855 is amazingly efficient but if you get a phone with the 845 and a large battery you'll never worry about charging as well.

Get it open-box/refurbed for less

GCam night sight is pretty magical shit. This is a photo taken in a dark room with the Pocophone stock camera...

Attached: IMG_20190326_225032_compress_47.jpg (1512x2016, 222K)

Locked bootloaders, overpriced.

Nah, thats one thing I wont compromise on

Any recommended Magisk modules?
I installed it mainly for YouTube Vanced and GMS Doze, no idea if there's more cool shit I can use.

...and this is Night Sight under same lighting conditions. Had to compress both photos so they'd be under the file size limit.

Attached: IMG_20190326_224840_compress_95.jpg (1512x2016, 555K)

>Locked bootloaders
Only if you get the new models (which applies here). My P20 lite's bootloader unlocked perfectly fine with DC Unlocker. It cost me like $4 but it was definitely worth it.

Any issues with moto X4?
Any newer alternatives under $300?
current phone: Lenovo K6

What's your country/carrier?

Well yeah, but custom ROMs are nowhere to be found, so it doesn't really mean much. Either that or they're in in a permanent beta state.

USA/ATT

Get a Mi9 for 100€ more

Yep, but rooting still works perfectly fine.
I really wish someone would actually make a custom ROM that worked properly with the notch.

Not that guy, but do any of these work with Straight Talk?

WHY ARE SMARTPHONES SO HUGE. I JUST WANT SOMETHING WHERE I CAN TOUCH THE OTHER SIDE OF THE SCREEN WITH MY THUMB WITHOUT AWKWARDLY MASHING THINGS WITH MY PALM.

>you dont need a more expensive phone
>you need a mi 9 over XZ2, its only 100eurs

Attached: 1484260229048.png (214x266, 80K)

If you're gonna get a flagship then at least get a good one

Its not a flagship at 360 eur

What's the best non-chinkshit flagship out right now? I have money to burn and I don't want to give Xi my data, I want to suck off Larry Page or Tim Cook instead

Note 9

Pixel 3 XL

>.t thumblet

Hell I'm a sucker for the XZ1's looks. What do you like about the XZ2?

Calm down, uncle Jack.

No gay notch, it looks like a phone instead of a toy

S10+ lol

I dislike the funny round design of the back and the fingerprint scanner is just awfully located. The XZ1 looks much better, nice square corners and it feels like a slab of monolithic rock. Plus the side mounted fingerprint sensor in the power button is fantastic.

I have a 6580 phone. Root is pretty easy. Custom recoveries also exist, I have TWRP on my phone. It's kinda useless because there are no custom roms though.

I installed microG some months ago cuz fuck Google Play Services. Everything is working fine, but geolocation is too slow (I expect this since I'm using OSM after all). My problem is that I'm starting to drive, and live-navigation services are too convinient (aka Waze, or GMaps), and since I'm using microG, they don't work too well.

wat do Jow Forums? I don't want to switch to an iPhone...

Yep, it's insane and it blows the mind out of my normie iPhone friends

benis

Google Maps work just fine. Check if you have everything installed. You need UnifiedNlp.

so if i want to look at google map while driving i should avoid using lcd phone so no pocomeme for me right?

You've got it the wrong way. It's OLED displays you need to worry about since the static UI elements will eventually get burned in on the display.

Thanks, I've just been looking at the Pixel 3 XL and it seems to be closest to what I want.

I'm using a Mi A1 in a rural area, and it was fine with 4g and that H+ signal. But from one night to another, the fucker stopped getting me a good H+ signal on the same places that I was using it. From 50% signal to literally 0% from one day to another. It's this some common problem from these chinkphones? I haven't installed or downloaded anything that can affect the signal, it literally killed my H+ signal in my room. But Im still able to receive the 4g signal in the streets. What can I do? Is this common? Should I buy another phone instead? Im in the February security patch.

>Root is pretty easy.

What did you use user? Not KingRoot, I hope?

808 aren't timebombs on LG, they already exploded. Literally every 808/810 phone is waiting to fail, no exception, its the fault of the SoC. LG had the most widespread bootloop issues because they had like 4-5 808 phones on the market at the same time (5X/V10/G4/Flex). There's a reason why the anti-bootloop method developed for the 6P ended up getting ported to 5-6 different devices, because the source of it was the SoC. If you flash a kernel that disable the Big cores, and only run off the 4 Little cores, it'd boot up normally without a hitch. 6P and 5X benefited the most from the fix since they have open Fastboot, but V10 and G4 that were bootloader unlocked before bootlooping could be resurrected the same way.

its not the burn in problem but i wont see shit if i use lcd phone and driving during the day in direct sunlight instead of using oled right?

Your carrier killed that band

I guess I'll have to use GMaps then, even though the point of using microG is not to use anything google related.

What are the bands required for full 4G functionality on Verizon?

I doubt that would be a problem since the phone itselr wouldn't be in direct sunlight in the car would it?

P20 pro has official Lineage

>I have money to burn and I don't want to give Xi my data, I want to suck off Larry Page or Tim Cook instead
This is why you don't buy a locked down phone and use a custom ROM with microG instead.

>I guess I'll have to use GMaps then, even though the point of using microG is not to use anything google related.
Well, try other navigation software before taking a long trip.

I'm surprised people even bother. Either way, someone somewhere has your IMEI if you do decide to unlock it, so that's not a plus either.

I'm currently using a Moto G4 Play/harpia w/ LineageOS, but LineageOS seems to be circling the drain (and dropped support for harpia with 15). How well does RR work compared to Lineage? Finding smallish B4-LTE phones is fucking annoying.

is Mi 9 SE worth the extra $145 over the rn7 just for the form factor alone?
i don't care about the camera. only perf and battery consumption.

OnePlus phones aren't worth it anymore imo, what Xiaomi phone is Jow Forums approved that isn't the pocoshit? Only reason I don't want Poco fuck1 is because it is LCD.

>only perf and battery consumption
Pocophone then