What's the point in putting in the effort to get a job when it's just going to be automated soon

What's the point in putting in the effort to get a job when it's just going to be automated soon.
What's the point in even trying to lose weight, even exercise will be automated soon. It's inevitable.

Attached: 1526553622587.gif (633x758, 14K)

What job are you afraid is going to be automated?

how do you know you're not being automated right now

I don't know how you can actually gain weight unless you're mentally ill and can't stop shoveling food in your stupid mouth hole every waking moment.

What if being a fatass is getting automated?

The only jobs that will be automated "soon" are mostly in transport and retail. Sure, most will be automated eventually, but you're looking more at 30-60 years than the 5-10 year range.
He's probably shitposting

>transport
hahaha
the DOT will never allow self-driving 40 ton battering rams to roam the streets unsupervised, even if they did, you'll still have to pay an operator to play babysitter or face the wrath of the federal government

Found the NEET

You're just looking for excuses not to put effort into your life. You're probably a self-loathing sack of shit that no one wants to be around. Why not fucking change that? What do you have to lose? Oh, some time and effort? Like you've got anything else to fucking do, you worthless fuck?

Attached: Trump_smug.jpg (600x610, 67K)

An operator is much more cost efficient than a driver. Or give them designated lanes, it's not really a big issue when you're outside the city.
Ultimately they only need to hold their bottom line above human levels, which isn't really that hard considering they can be commanded to follow all traffic laws (which is already a large chunk of the issue with human drivers). Within the next couple of decades I do expect the transport industry to go through a major shift.

Desk jobs will be automated before retail.

Attached: 1525934115724.jpg (500x580, 26K)

Depends on the job. Retail has been directly automated at checkout and indirectly replaced by automated online stores. Either way, the job loss is going to be extreme in the next decade.
I didn't say desk jobs are safe, just that they're not the first to take a huge hit. And depending on the specific field, it could be in 5 years or 50.

traffic violations in a CMV carry double penalties and double points on your license, and when your license is your livelihood, truck drivers are far more likely to obey traffic law than normal drivers
plus, half their job isn't even the driving, it's reading into behavior so you can react far ahead of time to drivers treating you like a car, cutting you off, entering freeway at 25mph when it's going 70, overtaking you on the right as their lane is about to end, etc.
a self-driving AI won't catch all this shit

Jobs are getting automated, but you won't have the money. I'm an EE with programming background and even I can't get hired after my first job stopped paying salaries. All I want to do every day is kill myself.

Attached: 1536002797058.jpg (793x786, 52K)

whats the point of breathing when artificial lungs can do all the breathing for you? just stop breathing already

Yeah I'm a neet. I just stayed home and kept eating after HS. But I'm right, what's the point in even trying now. My hard work will be made worthless.

You're not giving AI nearly enough credit. Detecting and reacting to objects is what AI can do especially much better than any human. Having full 360° view, a much better reaction time, and being able to take direct data on all surroundings gives AI the overwhelming advantage in any traffic situation. All of the examples you listed are in fact inherently in the AI's favor, since it has infinitely more control over unpredictable situations. Not just that either, but AI also has the advantage in harsh weather and slippery roads, since it can see much better than the human eye.

1.) USA is not the only country in the world
2.) The USDOT is a steaming pile of shit that sucks whatever dick it can find for grants or "donations" so yes they will allow automated drivers

Interesting point, imagine how effective AI systems would be in ground combat

I've thought about this, and it's sort of scary. The USA putting troops in other nations is a hot topic on its own, but if you remove the human risk component and send in entirely automated drones (thanks Obama), there would be nothing a war torn country could do in defense of the military power we could have.
The military is definitely not all guns blazing, and there's certainly a shift in focus going on from just fighting opposition to long-term containment. The main point to take away from this is that AI can simultaneously take over our economy and very quickly dominate the rest of the world.

oh I really hope that self-driving truck knows to install snow chains when conditions require them, or to wipe their sensors/cameras when they get obscured by rain, sleet, dense fog, snow, or even to clear the snow buildup off the top of their trailer so it doesn't hit bridges and cause snow explosions that land on idiot drivers tailgating behind them

Tire replacements/modifications can be done fairly easily in a number of ways. The simplest being pit stops with automatic chain attachment and tire replacement, but it's in no way impossible to have automatically deploying spikes or chains. Maybe you could also do something with two sets of wheels, but I'm not sure if that's structurally viable.
Cleaning off precipitation is also something that an automated system can do way better than any human. The most basic moving parts can easily defrost and scrape off ice or snow, and camera redundancy makes it less of an issue to begin with.

I work with automated systems and shit breaks every single day

Attached: 1536791455031.jpg (653x490, 41K)

>Be me
>create the automation

Attached: IMG_20190316_215030.jpg (934x1024, 115K)

People break every single day. People can't work 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

Programming jobs are arguably going to be automated last, including code monkey tier jobs. Surgeries are more likely to get automated before programming is.

Attached: 1539706528963.jpg (500x334, 21K)

>Programming jobs are arguably going to be automated last
*first

Anything that can be done exclusively on a computer will be figured out very quickly