Do fast chargers kill your battery faster?

Do fast chargers kill your battery faster?

Attached: xiaomi 100W fast charger.png (1920x1080, 607K)

no

I looked into it and it seems no one really knows. What I took away from what I read, it may have an effect over time but the battery is going to shit out either way and you probably won't notice a difference by the time you need to upgrade your phone.

>by the time you need to upgrade your phone.

Fucking throw-away society.

Miniscule difference because you're just going to throw it away after 1.5 years anyway

I bet they do, it's fairly common knowledge that lithium ion batteries last longer with more careful and slower charging. But whether it's appreciable or not over a year or so is all up to how sophisticated the charging circuit is (today's BMS ICs can have like 32+ pins on them so probably very) and how well designed the lipos themselves are. I'd personally trust apple phones to have higher quality lipos than xiaomi or OPPO for QC reasons alone, but there's also the matter of designing the cells specifically for higher currents. Cells in low-current power banks can be higher capacities than cells in high-drain spot welders or that sort of thing, so there's some trade-off there, and it's up to the manufacturer to specify the high charge-current cells for their phone and ditch the extra capacity they'd otherwise be able to fit in the same space. At 4Ah in that package, I'm not sure that's what Xiaomi has done, but I'm just dead-reckoning and I've no idea how energy dense modern cells can be anyhow.

Yes, Li-ion batteries degrade quicker if you use higher current to charge them. If you actually want your phone to last, don't use quick charging unless you truly need it, as in you're in an actual hurry and need your phone.

Why wouldn't it?

How the fuck do you expect me to change out the battery? You got a problem, take it up with phone manufacturers.

Amazon doesn't even sell replacement batteries for my phone.

Fast charges also heat up your phone a lot more. It's common knowledge that a high degree of heat will have a detrimental effect on lithium-ion batteries' longevity.

Obviously. It's common knowledge. Probably not amongst normies though

so basically a fire hazard?

They still wouldn't care even if they did. Because is right.

As long as the battery temp is cool(~70f), its fine.

> He joined the masses and didn't rebel against nonreplacable batteries
> He didn't stockpile Samsung S5's
Muh planned obsolescence

Attached: 1543468807548.jpg (460x431, 17K)

>after 1.5 years
lmao no
There hasn't been a single decent phone on the market since 2015, everything newer than that is either okay hardware with shit software or shit hardware with okay software

Wrong. More likely I'm going to use it for 4 years and then install it more permanently in a Google Daydream viewer full time for VR streaming or use it as a motion controller or something. Or if it have no use for it and it still works, donate it to one of those charities that give old phones to people who just need something basic for calls and light web browsing.

I'm still using a phone from 2013, fuck off with your disposable electronics shit.

hows that fight working out for you

Yes, it's literally how battery chemistry works.

>4years
after 2.5 years, the battery is 1/3 the original. i always get scared when im outside with battery less than 80%. it literally loses battery when its using google map and auxxing music, with usb connected. wtf

My S7 Edge is 2 years old and still makes it through the day which is ultimately all I really care about since I always charge it when I sleep. And yeah, this is why I would like to see more easily replaced batteries. But if a suction cup contraption, hair dryer and new adhesive is what it takes to replace the battery, I'll do it if I'm still happy with the rest of the phone.

I also want to wait until they're one or two models into 5G before I upgrade. I don't want to buy a 4G model as 5G rolls out, and I don't want a buggy early 5G model.

Yeah but overall the amount of % lost is so minor that unless you run one of those ultra budget phones with a 1000mah battery and plan to keep it for 5+ years you're fine. It's like morons who sperg out if you charge your phone with 50% remaining

I still use and iphone 4

one thing is for sure
heat kills components faster and fast charging heats up the phone

you will be going so fast in the rest of your daily life you are more likely to beak the phone before the battery is an issue

>delusional pedo talking about stockpiling shit phones
and then you wonder why is people laughing at the shit you say