Start doing project in C

>start doing project in C
>have to implement all useful features that modern languages already have myself
what the heck's the point

Attached: 1525011434888.jpg (1920x1080, 836K)

Other urls found in this thread:

libcello.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

to use the best language ever made, C, you retard

Attached: 1553279795311.jpg (640x620, 49K)

>Why doesn't it hold my hand more?!?!

lern2code

>actually using C

Attached: 1544642803490.jpg (563x651, 226K)

>He doesn't want to reinvent the wheel

pls b my retarded gf(male)

Attached: 1552945131837.jpg (700x498, 28K)

>what is a library

In the C world, a library is a shitty aggregation of methods of which half don't work and the other half that do have security holes the size of Mount Rushmore.

okay buddy

Attached: book.png (1148x197, 44K)

Write what you need and no more.

>that pic
how does this happen

Attached: 1447881545662.jpg (582x600, 87K)

boomers

Speed

Attached: plang.jpg (1200x773, 336K)

what the fuck is geomean

>1.0
>1.17
>1.09
>1.09

u know... thats not how decimals work....luajit and rust is faster than julia

autism

Rust isn't even faster than Java

Yeah, but Java is super fast these days. Writing anything closer to the metal really needs some good justifications.

Attached: 1494456552138.gif (300x225, 426K)

yes, but it's java.

Attached: java.png (1023x600, 443K)

I like java.

More generally, non-programmers cannot hire programmers correctly. It's like interviewing a wizard.

I like anal sex

Geometric mean. Literally freshman stuff.

I don't study CS you fucking mong

based octave

libcello.org/
You're welcome.

Geometric mean of what?

faggot
opinion disregarded

Sneed

It's nice if you live near a university and students pay you to do their intro to C homework.

no its absolutely not

they'll fuck you up

Who, the students or the university?

The whole point of C is that it does only what's necessary, the rest is up to you. It is so damn liberating to work with a limited tool set.

idgaf bro, ur doin it wrong

haters gonna hate

That doesn't answer the question, but you don't give a fuck and I'll respect that. Even if you had to say it.

>libcello.org/
why would I trust a library whose site doesn't even support ssl

there isn't one.
C is obsolete, everyone who claims otherwise doesn't know how to use C++. Even on tiny microcontrollers, just disable exceptions and redefine new and delete operators and you get binary that's equivalent or smaller to what you would get from C.

Nothing, the only reason anyone uses C anymore is because they're working on legacy software that was originally written in C in 1979. There's zero reason to use it for a new project.

>C++ is good, just don't use C++ features. At least you can use template and have 1h compile time

And obviously, when you dunno bout shit, wikihow should be included into the lgbt community...they say the very gullible I'm an astronaut.
The one on the left, pls Jow Forums fuck you too .. the dumb cunt cheated on me like 5 days ago.

There is a possibility somebody has written a library for it.
Use it.

>use a library
no, using libraries is the way python babbies do solve problems.
C programmers re implement their hash tables every project and do all networking with sockets only. Unicode is for Jow Forums faggots, ascii is good enough.

Then why does C manipulate the stack for me? It actually makes it difficult to implement any stack based operations, like co routines, in C without restoring to hacks like in lining assembly.

Too bad that's false. Memory management is complex and the algorithms used in C by default are far from optimal for many tasks, hence why you redefine malloc and free for serious work. Someone else also mentioned stack manipulation. There's also calling convention in general that's unnecessarily set by C. There are also a lot of automatic type conversions which matter even more now than before because it might involve moving the converted number to a different coprocessor altogether.

>tfw too brainlet to make anything in C
what do

>>start doing project in C
>year of our lord 2019
>not using Rust