/cyb/ + /sec/ - Cyberpunk and Cybersecurity General

/cyb/ + /sec/ - CYBERPUNK/CYBERSECURITY GENERAL
Previous threads: [ archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/text//cyb/ /sec//type/op/ ]
THE CYPHERPUNK MANIFESTO: [ activism.net/cypherpunk/manifesto.html ]

- - - - - -

/cyb/erpunk
The Cyberpunk Manifesto: [ project.cyberpunk.ru/idb/cyberpunk_manifesto.html ]

The alt.cyberpunk FAQ (V5.24) [ ftp://collectivecomputers.org:21212/Books/Cyberpunk/Alt_Cyberpunk_FAQ_V5_preview24.htm ]
What is cyberpunk?: [ pastebin.com/pmn9vzWZ ]

Cyberpunk directory (Communities/IRC and other resources): [ pastebin.com/AJYry5NH ]
Cyberpunk media (Recommended cyberpunk fiction): [ pastebin.com/Dqfa6uXx ]

The cyberdeck: [ pastebin.com/7fE4BVBg ]

- - - - - -

/sec/urity [XX XXXXXXXXX 20XX]
The Crypto Anarchist Manifesto: [ activism.net/cypherpunk/crypto-anarchy.html ]
The Hacker Manifesto: [ phrack.org/issues/7/3.html ]
The Guerilla Open Access Manifesto: [ archive.org/stream/GuerillaOpenAccessManifesto/Goamjuly2008_djvu.txt ]

The /sec/ Career FAQ (V1.9) [ ftp://collectivecomputers.org:21212/Books/Cyberpunk/Security/sec_FAQ_V1_Preview9.htm ]

Why Privacy Matters: [ youtube.com/watch?v=pcSlowAhvUk ]
"Shit just got real": [ pastebin.com/rqrLK6X0 ]

Cybersecurity basics and armory: [ pastebin.com/rMw4WbhX ]
Endware: [ endchan.xyz/os/res/32.html ]
BBS archives: [ textfiles.com/index.html ]

Reference books (PW: ABD52oM8T1fghmY0): [ mega.nz/#F!YigVhZCZ!RznVxTiA0iN-N6Ps01pEJw ]
Additional reading: [ ftp://collectivecomputers.org:21212/Books/Cyberpunk/ ]

Attached: dont-tread-on-net2.png (656x369, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/Mk8K8Sy
uberhumor.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/twnd20h0k7o21.jpg
bbc.com/news/technology-47718697
0xeb.net/2019/03/ghidra-a-quick-overview/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

All Embracing Library (AEL) still available for download.

Previous Thread

Attached: gif_1521548224218.gif (561x600, 43K)

any spooks around

no :)

Join the official Jow Forums discord server.
discord.gg/Mk8K8Sy

/cri/ + /nge/ - Cringe and Reddit General

cronge spongejob

user, pls. Go on IRC and fuck discord. Discord isn't cyberpunk. IRC is.

>cyberpunk
>lolbertarian
ahahahaha

uberhumor.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/twnd20h0k7o21.jpg

Your argument?

pick a non-meme ideology

Please listen to this user. How are you (((cyberpunk))) using bloated botnet discord.

Just in case anyone here cares:

Nope.

Attached: C7CNYpDU0AA2uhA.jpg (704x1134, 83K)

ok please inform me if they show up

>/cyb/ + /sec/ - CYBERPUNK/CYBERSECURITY GENERAL
Yes!

But ... page 9?? Also need last thread summary. I might do that in a few hours.

Consumer Electronics and shitposting comes first on neo-Jow Forums, user.

Attached: JSDentonByHowlShep.jpg (993x854, 125K)

In last episode:
Cyberpunk clothing:
and especially and Dystopia in sunshine Cyberpunk comics:
and Meanwhile, back on the ranch, we are on page 9.

Ok, I pick Libertarianism.

Attached: ancap_loli.png (475x325, 266K)

Hmmm
ftp://collectivecomputers.org:21212/Books/Cyberpunk/Misc/NSA_wuvs_cyb.jpg

Currently using Pi-Hole running on a VM for my local network. Pretty satisfied with it.

What do you use for scanning IPs on the network?
nmap require IP range, but sometimes certain device connected have static IP not in the range given.

Attached: 1553592563840.jpg (1267x1262, 738K)

>certain device connected have static IP not in the range given.
A static address must be in the range given otherwise it can't talk to the default gateway.
If your mask is 255.255.255.0 and your gateway is 192.268.1.1 then the static addresses must be from 192. 168.1.2 to 192.168.1.254.
Run an ARP scan and you'll find all hosts on a network.

Sorry, I must not have been explaining it well.
Pic related is what I have going, NanostationM5 is connected to router, which distribute to multiple devices.
Both the router and the nanostation are serving web page for configuration.
Typing the IP address for the Nanostation get me access to it.
My question how do I scan for that IP address?

Attached: index.jpg (492x711, 46K)

ITT: absolutely no punks

>non-meme

Attached: 1456904320231.jpg (541x498, 42K)

Like the other guy said, run ARP scan.

Yeah, it doesn't show the Nanostation only the devices connected to the router and the router.

Ok, have you tried a tracert?

I tried tracepath, and the IP of the nanostation did show up.
The IP of the router didn't show up though, only cited as default gateway.
But this works if it's network device, what if wasn't?
Say i tried connecting to the router via RJ45 port? and needed the router IP to connect to it?

Attached: 1553540503869.jpg (901x1200, 145K)

Hi frens, norman here. Just how much programming must I know before I start delving into security? I'm just eager to get into it. I suppose I must know at least the ins and outs of C, Java, some web dev languages and a functional language for good measure (all of that along with the appropriate knowledge, of course, I don't mean to imply that I think in terms of "hoarding languages").

Also, and you'll prolly laugh at this, but how can I change my wifi's IP? I've tried restarting it, of course.
Pls no bulli

Hi Norman,
>how much programming must I know before I start delving into security?
actually, none. "security" is such a vast field you should first develop the right mindset. Start reading different kind of tutorials about security and pick one to specialize in (wireless security, network security, application security, web application security ....). Each one is a different world, but they all have something in common that will help building the kind of mindset you need to advance.
Lots of resources are in the faq and archive.
If you still don't know where to start, start with Networking.
>I must know at least the ins and outs of C, Java, some web dev languages and a functional language for good measure
ok, just dont focus too much on C and Java if you are a starter. They will put you down for good. Pick an easy and well documented language for all purpose and fast prototyping, I'd say Python but others might not agree, plus learn all the tools around your field (they depend on which road you picked at step one, so debuggers, sniffers, fuzzers...)
>I've tried restarting it
that really depends on your ISP. Some will let you change on reboot, some after a long time shutdown, some randomly, some are NATted so you share the ip with other customers.
You can always look for a proxy, a vpn, or tor to change your IP.

>actually, none
But I must have some basic knowledge regarding architecture and other "structural stuff", no? I've been around computers since I was a kid, but I never learned much about those things despite my curiosity because I was afraid of destroying my computer. I still remember when I was 10 or so and got a bunch of trojans, keyloggers and what have you on my pc...
And I really don't know where to start from, so thanks for the tip regarding Networking. Still, I think I lack some more basic knowledge, let me know if you thing I can go ahead anyway.
>they will put you down for good
Actually, I've already seen some of them and didn't find it hard at all, although my grasp is still very rudimentary. I spent more time reading about programming than actually learning it. I know some basics of Python and C, and I haven't expanded on that knowledge much because I got bored. A while ago I started doing K&R's C, but I didn't keep with it because I failed to see much use for that. But when I think of security there's tons of ways to use that knowledge. I guess the many years online have severely deteriorated my attention span.
>it depends on your ISP
I don't really know what their "rules" are in my case, but I guess it might be different from what we usually see around here because I'm in Brazil. For example, I never had to find ways to hide to torrent stuff, there's not nearly as much cracking down on that here as there is in the US, but on the other hand this has kept me from learning valuable info.
As far as I know, an actually good proxy is hard to come by, even though I would rely on googling if you asked me to connect to a random proxy right now. Also, it has been some time since I last used tor because of both my poor grasp of it and how I read about some addresses using phishing. I never bothered much with tor because I didn't see much use to it, but now that I know the depths of the botnet it sounds appealing.

I have it on my pi and it's amazing...
can only recommend!

So, my security teacher said our next test will be a apresentation of a security tool of our choosing.
What are your favourites security tools Jow Forums?
I am thinking about hacking into the College network to show firsthand how hackers work to my peers.
Y/N?

Attached: Screenshot_114.png (301x744, 198K)

>But I must have some basic knowledge regarding architecture and other "structural stuff", no?
of course this helps, but original question was about learning to code before going into security. I said learn your options, then pick one to start with, you'll then learn to code on your way.
>I still remember when I was 10 or so and got a bunch of trojans, keyloggers and what have you on my pc...
same here, just don't be afraid to fuck up. You'll learn how to fix it. Back up everything before starting this, you might need to nuke and reinstall if you fuckup big.
>let me know if you thing I can go ahead anyway
the most important thing is do theory AND practice. Reading 10000 tutorials is good, but reading 10 and actually testing them all on your pc is better. First just replicate, understand how and why they work, then change something in that, make a guess on what would happen, then check what really happens. Lots of trial and error when you're first learning.
>I spent more time reading about programming than actually learning it.
getting an overview is a good start, but again, you should do practice too.
>an actually good proxy is hard to come by
you can find lists on forums or pastebin (or shodan :^] ), then you should check them for who is active. That's a nice exercise in scripting, as writing a proxy checker is not much of a hassle. Some could be rogue proxys, so just don't use random ones you find until you know what you're doing.
>I never bothered much with tor because I didn't see much use to it, but now that I know the depths of the botnet it sounds appealing
the most interesting part of tor is learning to use dark services, not going out to the internet. Besides all spook talk about pedoterrorsatanists, it's the only way to run a service for free if your ISP doesn't allow port forwarding and you don't want to pay for a vpn, vps or own IP.

=== /sec/ News
Update on Hydro attack.
bbc.com/news/technology-47718697

>I am thinking about hacking into the College network to show firsthand how hackers work to my peers.

For this purpouse i would use the most common/noob friendly tools to show just how easy it is. Use some shitty yt tutorials. That way you can show them the most likely threat they will deal with irl.
Remember to do a test run day or two before.

>To work on security you have to study a broad range of subjects to be a good professional
>to destroy what these professionals have been working for you need to download some programs
Why is life unfair

>you'll then learn to code on your way
That sounds optimal, I'll take a better look at the pastebin etc
>back up everything
I'll look for an external HD. I already wanted it to download the 500GB AEL without clogging my pc.
>practice
I knew about the replicate and then tinker part, I just felt like I had no material to work with. And the times I did, it was something beyond my grasp, which meant I had all that info in front of me but couldn't make sense of it.
>don't use random ones until you know what you're doing
I'll learn more about the subject before trying to use proxies then.
>tor to use dark services
Well, you see, that's why I never had much use to it. There aren't any dark services I'm interested in, but I do want privacy, so there's the appeal.

Most importantly, thanks for the help.

if all it takes to fuck up some "professionals" work is to download some programs, then probably he was not so "professional" to begin with.
And consider that for every hour of your job at protecting something, there is an infinite (well, not really but you get the idea) number of hours that hackers are working to break what you're building.
Life is made of challenges, and computer security is no exception.

>which meant I had all that info in front of me but couldn't make sense of it
that's the time when you need to try harder. And learn how to split a big problem into smaller problems, then make a sense of it as a whole.

>There aren't any dark services I'm interested in, but I do want privacy
what I meant is that YOU will be able to run such services. A web server, ftp, ssh, irc.. (oh, yes, almost forgot, learning to install and manage any/all of these servers is very useful. It helps better understand and analyze what's under the hood and of course because you'll want to try your attacks in a controlled environment first) all of that with a good grade of protocol privacy, granted by several layers of encryption that tor employs.

you're welcome

Help me out bro's. I'm currently majoring in Computer Science, but I'm more interested in the cybersecurity field than I am being some random App or Web dev at X company. I saw my school also offers an IT Degree with a cybersecurity concentration, which seems like a perfect fit, but it seems like it comes with a couple catches
1. The IT degree comes from the school of Business, whereas the CS degree would come from the school of Engineering, which I figure obviously looks much much much better on a resume
2. The IT degree seems shitty, no high level maths, no programming specific classes which while I know IT isn't CS you would think atleast they would share Programming Principles I or something
3. I get the feeling cybersecurity is such a new field I would be better off just getting the CS degree just so I can find a job. Like I may be able to get a cybersecurity job with a CS degree, but the odds of getting a dev job with an IT degree is like literally zero.

Any advice from anons currently in the work force as to what I should do? I don't mind continuing in CS if it's that much more marketable, but if the IT degree would make just as marketable I'd be happy to skip the math

Attached: BORNTOSHIT.jpg (762x869, 59K)

Just as we have forums where we know of the latest patches to fix exploits so do they, tough the TRULY good forums where 90% of the userbase isnt just retards who use hacking softwares and dont understand shit is in the onion.

>web comic
Dat spandex tho

Thanks bro, those Snowden archives are gold

>Just as we have
>so do they
that's the best part of it. We all play with the same weapons, it all comes down to how we use them, that makes the difference.

>good forums where 90% of the userbase isnt just retards who use hacking softwares and dont understand shit is in the onion
that's to be expected. There is no privacy on the clearnet to discuss sensitive subjects.

Attached: sergio computer not just werko.png (950x969, 185K)

user just finish your comp sci bachelors and then focus on certs, better yet, focus on certs now- start doing competitions/ctfs.

ur on the right track, just get your security+ ASAP cause thats baseline shit.

OK ive installed blackarch and learnt sql injection/xss/http stuff/networking. What do i do next?

Attached: 1544819778403.png (379x426, 22K)

Wargames?

hak fb account lol :DDDD

what password manager should I use?

Your mind, you dumb fuck, JUST USE FUCKING KEEPASS

>blackarch

sweet christ

Attached: 1507337065577.jpg (1058x705, 117K)

libfuzzer, address sanitizer

sounds like a plan. thank you user I appreciate it

Can anyone recommend me a good password manager with corporative functions? Specially one that's free and opensource, but I'll take anything that's better than sending passwords through email

>with corporative functions
What does this mean?

The only one I know that could fit this description would be Bitwarden.

Besides, what kind of corporation can't afford a few hundred/thousand bucks a month for a business plan?

if i'm interested in cybersecurity and continuing to try penetration testing, should i install parrot security or parrot home?

what's the filelist on that? why is it so fucking huge?

So I have two Cisco routers and a couple of switches and around 40 computers in the office. Recommend some good network and IT and monitoring software please. What does make a network admin's life easier?

i'd like to scan her network range with my nmap... twice!

keepassxc isn't bad

Attached: 佐藤日向_064.jpg (795x795, 106K)

I can't seem to get my head around SNMP. What does it do really?

nmap, burp suite/OWASP ZAP, AFL (american fuzzy lop), IDA/Ghidra, linux in general, kali as a framework, ...

ur welcome frend

Attached: Neil Stephenson on Emacs.jpg (1920x1080, 231K)

it's a protocol that simply manages your network

its a protocol with traffic that monitors/collects network information.

You can use it to catalog/map a network, and install it on each device for easier management.

Look up solarwinds SNMPc, which I think is the most iconic usage of it.

0xeb.net/2019/03/ghidra-a-quick-overview/

do this, easy peasy

beautiful stuff there, used all over for great purpose

I'm thinking of starting a text board on Tor. Is Kareha still safe to use or is their something better that can do basically the same thing?

>hello?
>hello, i am box X, this is my cpu/ram/network usage
>logged
>hello?

you glow in the dark

How would you look cyberpunk if you were pic related?

Attached: csmajor.jpg (966x1200, 109K)

tattoos, straps, cover some muscle with nanotube fiber. Maybe replace an eye with an optical enhanced something or other, possibly because you lost your normal one, or maybe as part of a routine body mod of your time.

What about clothing, fashion

depends on your thought process of cyberpunk. Muscular men in future dystopia are generally dressed almost identical to what you see.

One route is to go the pseudo tough biker guy with a jacket and leather pants, jack boots, no hat.

Another is a sleeveless shirt and long tight genes.

Everything in a cyberpunk future is idealized. No one has a jacked body unless they want it, because everything is on demand.

I had originally imagined that Cyberpunk was a punk rocker with hardware mods. The movement has evolved since then but one could see my point. In the last thread I mentioned anything from 5.11 Tactical in black I'd call one branch of cyberpunk fashion.
Pic unrelated.

Attached: 102116.png (539x948, 507K)

I think the more focus you put on the physique, the more you have to focus on things that enhance said physique, either literally or figuratively. A strong frame indicates a tough guy. Maybe ex-military? If he's ex-military, he probably has a ton of body mods that he can't get rid of. If he's not ex-military, then he's some sort of bouncer or bounty hunter type person, so he's going to wear things that assist. Thematically he's going to wear pure black with some highlights that focus on technology. However you put that together is going to be up to taste. A trench without an undershirt is one way, for example, where you let the front hang open like a robe.

I get all that. What about us? How do we dress up to look Cyberpunk? I know there will be a shit ton of comments such as
>hurr durr, neckbeard, incel,
...and I get all that, after all we're on Jow Forums, but still I am curious to hear your thoughts on what the present state of cyberpunk fashion would be.
Perhaps a thread on ?

you were probably the user in the last thread rejecting this, but cyberpunk wear / techwear today is focused on protection from weather. usually all black with a distant future military aesthetic, but not necessarily. what always differentiates techwear is the /tech/ tho.. pic related. this sort of style is referred to as 'techwear heritage'

Attached: ujjigd3nelf01.jpg (4003x4000, 1.61M)

also, techwear never goes over well on /fa/ these days kek

Attached: .png (1765x1677, 145K)

just liek yo diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiccccccckkkk!

Attached: chelseabreadman.jpg (1080x969, 100K)

Attached: ivuhi9abjhl21.jpg (3497x3500, 777K)

Attached: GLZcaER.jpg (1153x2048, 723K)

the original post was about how to dress up rip mcstudwell.

As for the average cyberpunk? I think cyberpunk stems from ultimate utilitarianism, only in the grim dark future of whichever universe it's written in. Cyberpunk wears boots because boots are the most utilitarian shoe possible. Black is the main theme because that's probably the simplest color to find, but it also doesn't draw undue attention. A lot of cyberpunk literature focuses on a protagonist that doesn't want to draw attention to himself unless he wants the attention.

I don't think there is a correct answer. Cyberpunk is defined by each writer. My guess would be to pick a style that you like from a movie or game or book and stick with that. In reality, current day cyberpunk would be some dude in loose but fitting slacks, a plain polo, a belt, some nice but soft toned shoes, etc. Whatever to do to blend in. Maybe I'm conflating hackeresque clothes with cyberpunk.

I have a hard time with chino length pants. Screams try-hard, trying to focus on shoes to draw attention away from everything else.

How do you folks feel about a wrist mounted phone or something similar?
Pic related is Sam Fisher's OPSAT from the Splinter Cell series and while his was limited, today one could use a smartphone to mount on his wrist. As I understand it, stuff like this made its way into the US military. One could use such a device to deploy the Android based Kali system for some on-the-go screwing around in landscape mode if one could find a reasonably sized smartphone.
Curious to read your thoughts Jow Forumsents.

Attached: Screenshot_20190328-111319.jpg (2160x1080, 632K)

when i think about something this, it goes like this
>hmm i could probably make some raspberry pi wrist wearable
>it would be more convenient to have a bigger screen, though
>and more powerful hardware
>and be removable so i can just keep it in my pocket when it gets annoying
>oh wait i just want a smartphone
honestly i dont see the purpose to have it wrist mounted. it would get annoying for sure.
now finding a smartphone that isn't botnet but is actually as functional as you'd want it to be has been a challenge.
a smartphone with lineageos could be missing practical functionality and questionable sustainability
a "pda" that runs linux that doesnt totally suck doesnt exist
a bar phone is insecure and missing the functionality of a smartphone

this is pretty fuckin stupid

Then go and circlejerk in the other threads and stop coming here.

i like you. a lot. please keep posting.

I think a wrist computer, wirelessly connected somehow to another more powerful computer is something worth thinking about. I read a guide the other day about setting up a zero w as a computer you can access via usb to hijack other hardware too, so being able to plug that into a monitor strapped to your wrist and running a wire into an exposed port would be pretty cool too.

I think you have to force a reboot somehow though, and probably modify the boot order, so it's really machine dependent.

Reminder that you retards confound privacy with security, and iPhones are literally more secure than Androids

smartphones aren't secure though
not every thread needs to be a jerk-off over brands mr iPajeet sir

I've been looking into shit like pic related on TaoBao. If this baby has any decent hardware, I'll just need a 4G connection and an SSH link to my box at home and I get to do anything I want. If I can plug in extra peripherals like a supported Wi-Fi adapter, I could do more.

Attached: -74527893.jpg (760x760, 286K)

I notice I have problems keeping my cool. I get easily angered, and in such cases even things I'd normally find easy can look obscure. How do I fix this?