Previous thread
>Read

>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Buying headphones?
>How to activate any version of windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSB?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Attached: reading.jpg (736x736, 57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/
archive.4plebs.org/
archive.nyafuu.org
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/
i.4cdn.org/g/1553650171174.jpg
trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/HowToBurnSubtitlesIntoVideo#assfilter
aliexpress.com/item/New-1-8M-display-port-Displayport-Male-DP-to-HDMI-Male-Cable-Adapter-Converter-for-PC/32823001409.html
gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-H61M-D2-B3-rev-10#support-dl-driver-lan
github.com/gorhill/uBlock/releases
magicutilities.net/download
amazon.com/gp/product/B07CYH8FLR?pf_rd_p=1cac67ce-697a-47be-b2f5-9ae91aab54f2&pf_rd_r=4BDERAC3JVVV5YB52PAA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

how do I get steam to recognize a GOG game as a steam game? so I can uninstall the game from my desktop but reinstall it through the steam client instead of through gog? Its a game sold by both steam and gog so I'm hoping its possible

From the last thread.
Realistically, how can having JavaScript activated on my browser compromise it's security, excluding the possibility of exploits? What other possibilities exist, considering I am not leaking DNS and using a proxy.

Anyone familiar with AHK?
Trying to auto save the WIN + SHFT + S snipping tool.
I need to press win+shft+S then click and drag then run a program.
How do I get it to wait until I click and release?

Attached: 1553510134660.jpg (500x500, 54K)

How do I prevent WinSAT.exe from hogging my CPU whenever it thinks I'm afk?

I'm on a fresh install of windows embedded standard 7 and it's bugging me because I use my screen to do homework problems and windows thinks I'm afk when I dont do anything for ~30 mins and kicks this program into high gear for some reason

nvm I figured out how to disable it

I want to set up baby's first homelab so I can learn to use Active Directory, Exchange, and all the other basic admin programs on Windows Server but don't have the money or space to buy something like a Dell PowerEdge. What do?

they get cuter and cuter!

NVM I had keyWait waiting for LMB to be up without telling it to wait for it to go down first.

$~#+S::
{
KeyWait, LButton, D
KeyWait, LButton
Run "C:\Users\user\Dropbox\Programming\Python\Screen Grab\Screen Grab.pyw"
Return
}

If I connect my laptop to my dorm connection with LAN cables how much can they see what I did, do and my data?

they can see pretty much everything but https obfuscates some activity

assuming you were asking in terms of web browsing specifically

if you're asking about torrenting i would assume they could know you were torrenting in most cases but they might not know exactly what

Can they see my past internet history and/or my data?

I am stuck between

Dell G7

Metabox prime S

Asus strix scar

All same specs of rtx2060/8750h, for the price of the first two I can get the scar with a 2070

what pick?

Is it just me and every computer in my house are all the drop-down menus of the Jow Forums archives not staying unless you hold m1?

desuarchive.org/
archive.4plebs.org/
archive.nyafuu.org

Is there a software/VeraCrypt mod that allows failsafe encrypted partition password that automatically overwrites the real encrypted partition in case of emergency?

There are people out there who get locked away for not revealing their passwords. So what if there is a way to give away a trap password that when entered opens the entire partition/encrypted space as empty/removes the file index so anything you write on this opened partition(with trap password) will write over any data on your real partition.

Same here, not sure the reason.

it must be an issue with their domain/software/whatever.
rebeccablacktech is doing it too.
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/
I dunno. It stays up if you right click the search. so whatever.

Nobody is going to be decrypting shit on your own hardware with the only copy.

the whole point of wes7 is you choose the components you want, dont include winsat (performance monitoring package) if you dont need it

installed cloveros on my t410, now what do i do with it

Use it!

I tried to install Qubes on my laptop (dual booting with Windows 8). After the install, the USB mouse or touchpad do not work. I cannot reach my Windows 8 partition through the BIOS. I don't know where to go from here. I want to get my Qubes OS to recognize my mouse or touchpad, or start over.

I have verified that the Windows partition is still there in gparted, I'm booting off of a rescue disk. Any advice on how to move forward?

how do i go about reading the contents of one console to another?
I'm trying to do this in windows but if theres an easier solution in linux ill just do it there instead.

>inb4 windows
my windows pc does this thing that is super annoying. sometimes the screen never sleeps and blinds me all night but then sometimes I'll be watching a full screen movie and it goes to sleep, why the fuck is it not consistently doing one thing?

I've got to change and output a big file with echo, how can I let this command use more of my cpu?
Currently every cpu is between 7-15%
(I can't seem to find a good answer on google)

My sister got engaged to this really weird dude. Met him this past weekend. He said he works for Symantec but that he was unable to talk about his job. My sister says he won't even talk about his work with her, but he's loaded as fuck. Owns, not paying for, a 1.5 mil house, a new BMW, F150 and Land Rover SUV. He's really secretive and soft spoken. He's very much on the spectrum. Idk if this guy is an FBI informant or what the fuck is going on but I told my sister I don't trust him.

You guys prolly know more about this shit. Is there a job for Symantec that requires some weirdo to sit in his room for 80/hours a week and get really fucking rich while never talking about his work?

Attached: 1338656747081.jpg (337x233, 23K)

What are the best speaker systems I can get for around $130? Mainly for gaming use.

Attached: 1509424062976.jpg (480x359, 35K)

Govt contract or he's a drug dealer. Either way I wouldn't want him in my family.

What is this thing that keeps popping up on the icons of my files in Windows 10? How do I deactivate it?

Attached: 1545295981711.png (47x52, 2K)

Would a MicroSD + SD card adaptor have worse performance than a straight SD Card?

Attached: sdcard.jpg (425x266, 15K)

That's a good question

Depends on the listed microsd speed

hey anons 4chanX is giving me the error "Failed to load board configuration. Invalid Data" Anyone knows how to fix it?

Trying to fix a desktop computer apparently damaged from liquid spill...

Where should I start first and what assumptions should I make about what's ruined? Spills were apparently near CPU/RAM sockets and upon pressing power, no signs of life.

My assumption is that probably, only one part is fried. How should I go about determining which one it is?

Attached: images.jpg (225x225, 15K)

Probably mobo
How do you spill onto a desktop computer
Let alone on the cpu and ram lmao

I have no idea whats going on but I have noticed sometimes a tab that I have opened before will randomly open back up or the link to that tab will fill a text box while I'm typing.

For example, I could be typing out this sentence and OP's image will randomly link itself into i.4cdn.org/g/1553650171174.jpg this box like this. Or what might happen is that I'll be on some website and I'll go to click and instead of doing that it pastes the URL and opens the image in the tab I was in.

I think its something I'm doing with my mouse and some hotkey but I can never replicate this when I try to cause it to happen. It usually involves when I'm both moving and clicking the mouse at the same time. Happens to me across all web browsers.

You don't. It would be like trying to return a Tupperware container you bought at Walmart at Target.

Also, why would you want the DRM version of the game?

Turn off sleep mode and just turn off your computer.

They see the traffic that goes through your computer.

Don't pirate shit on college internet. Its not worth the hassle.

I want to connect my desktop computer wirelessly to another computer’s modem or whatever. What should I buy so I can connect it wirelessly?

Dear Jow Forums, why does
_loop:
cmp byte [r8], 0x0A
inc r8
je _done
jmp _loop

segfault? I assume the incrementation removes the flags set from cmp for some reason, but I'm wondering what it's all about.

How do I go about choosing a new phone?

go to an apple store and buy the most expensive one they have

figure out what features you want and then get one that has those that's in your price range.

what i did 10 years ago was use virtual machines to create a virtual network

I'm not really interested in iPhones.

thanks.

I'm not really sure what features I'd really be after. I don't really use my phone for much. I occasionally use it to text and call. Sometimes take a picture or two. Snapchat and a little music like that's about it.

When did hard drives start auto parking their heads? I have an old seagate st410800w from 1996 and don't want to inadvertently fuck it up.

I'm looking for a good 2TB hard on amazon.

I've been looking at a bunch of HGST/Hitachi drives but they all seem to have terrible reviews saying the drives are ancient, or are used being advertised as new.

Can you link me a good drive that won't shit the bed?

look for drives sold and shipped by amazon, they have great customer service and will replace it if you don't like it

Are older model hard drives safe to use as long as they're unused?

I'm talking a hard drive that has been sitting on a shelf unused for 9 years.

got a strange wifi problem, internet connection is fine on ethernet, all wifi connections have no internet available BUT it is available if using a VPN connection with wifi

pls help

Is it just me or archive.is started to work with Cloudflare's DNS?
I don't know if it did, or if I'm not being able to use the DNS so my router is going back to my ISP DNS ;_;
Is there a way to check that kind of shit?

What do you mean started to work? Did it not?
You can use dig and query each DNS server individually and compare their responses.
dig @1.1.1.1 archive.is

>What do you mean started to work? Did it not?
Nope. archive.is never worked with Cloudflare's DNS because their owners refused to comply with some security protocol or whatever the fuck.

Anyway, what I wanted is a way to check if I am properly connected and currently using Cloudflare's DNS.
I should be, I have it set on my network properties on Windows and I've also set it on my router config DNS settings, but I just wanted to be sure.

anyone know how good pot player is compared to mpv or mpc-hc?

Best mobile browser to look at naughty stuff?

what's the most painless way to hardcode .ass subs

trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/HowToBurnSubtitlesIntoVideo#assfilter

perfect, thank you

case has grills for mounting fans on the top of the tower. I assume soda or beer spilled in there.

How likely is it the CPU or ram got fried?

lan doesnt work, win7. it says cable is unplugged. what i tried
>ubuntu live cd, everything works
>format
>multiple drivers, probably all the same
>resetting network with different programs such as pic related
and shit still doesnt work. any ideas what to do next?

Attached: Clipboard01.jpg (436x568, 56K)

aliexpress.com/item/New-1-8M-display-port-Displayport-Male-DP-to-HDMI-Male-Cable-Adapter-Converter-for-PC/32823001409.html

Will that work with a recent DP screen that has digital ports only and stuff like tablets (through micro hdmi to hdmi adapters, so no additional power/signal whatever, it needed an active adapter with external power for vga)?

Will it support 75hz?

Attached: HTB166IdSpXXXXcPXVXXq6xXFXXXn.jpg (800x800, 328K)

What hardware/motherboard?

gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-H61M-D2-B3-rev-10#support-dl-driver-lan

I'm tech illiterate
What is this
Should i enable? I'm scared

Attached: Ubo.jpg (361x199, 27K)

You can always read up on changes like this on the github release page
github.com/gorhill/uBlock/releases

Is there a text editor that highlights characters based on how many bytes they take up in the file's current encoding? For example, all single-byte characters might be shown as black on white, all two-byte characters as black on yellow, all three-byte characters as black on magenta, etc.

Good on demand virus scanner or firewall for android?

I don't want it to waste my battery or resources and my budget Chinese phone is old.

Is it a good idea to buy a second-hand cpu, or should I get a brand new one for 30% more ?

It's alright, but chances are it's not overclocking very well, hence they want to get rid of it.
Make sure it hasn't been delid or any other damages on its surface/pins.
Low chances that you get a counterfeit one too, or just a rock.

If I directly wire multiple speakers to the same source, the sound coming out of each speaker will be diminished due to having to share the current, right?
I assume it would based on general knowledge, but I know nothing of working with sound devices in particular.

Yes. But if you can actually hear a difference depends. Probably not though unless you run the cheapest crap.

How do I disable the LED on the fans of my Corsair Dominator Platinum RAM sticks?

Is it possible to run Win10 within a virtual machine on Win7? Or will there be some weird incompatibility issues.

Attached: 4fcf9d660236ddb62c8456017158615a_XL.jpg (960x499, 155K)

>run Win10
Why?

Sure, that's the point of VMs. The host system should be irrelevant.

Well, long story long I want to create my own low-budget mocap studio and there's some Win10 software dependencies.

Alright, thanks. Appreciate it.

You need to use their iCUE software.

Thanks, user.

I haven't gotten a new Android phone 'till now, and I really hate how the latest versions handle external storage. Is there a way to force the newer Android OS to use the pre-6.0 way of handling external storage, or am I doomed?

Attached: 6c9.png (860x929, 262K)

MTP has been the default since android 4 now.
The only way might be a custom ROM which has it enabled again.

That might be a problem. My phone is a brand new and cheapo Nokia 2.1, and I haven't seen any custom ROMs for it yet.

Whats Jow Forums recommended botnet running app?

About to sell a computer. Should I do the sysprep bullshit or just install Windows, go through the setup, update and install drivers on a local account with a generic name?

Did the computer came with windows bundled? If so start the restore process but don't complete the first time setup.
If it didn't then don't bother.

Be sure to wipe the disks through and through.

Not a prebuilt, though it does have a legit windows license attached to it. Is zero filling drives enough?

Trying to claim 'Gear Pack' with msi rtx 2080
The little circle thing is selected so idk wtf is wrong, i tried firefox as well.

Is there some fucking trick to it?
I already claimed the triple threat promo, is that the problem?

Attached: chrome_2019-03-27_21-39-15.png (597x161, 4K)

Do you have a link to the promo?
The only "gear pack" I could find requires a motherboard and a GPU, but not a GPU alone.

Oh, I guess I am retarded. I blame their shitty promo image and speed reading.

I only purchased a GPU.

is there an easy way to fuck with this thing's trial and extend it?
magicutilities.net/download

Attached: 1528451595968.png (938x484, 61K)

fucking aweful...

Attached: 1538432388562.png (1030x395, 61K)

New computer, forgot what the fuck I used last time to see webm thumbnails. What's the best thing to install for webm (and others I guess) thumbnails?

Attached: 1498187174897.webm (1280x720, 1.27M)

For Windows? Icaros.

Is the full suite of the newest KDE desktop environment feature-complete?
Like, does it have everything you could think of a desktop could use at least once a year? Does the bloat add up?

Attached: sir.gif (326x217, 2.11M)

How can a pajeet un-pajeet himself?

why is the OP image always little boys

Attached: 1549234849647.jpg (439x330, 17K)

This hard drive any good?

I know it's an old model, but I don't mind as long as it has no hours on it.

amazon.com/gp/product/B07CYH8FLR?pf_rd_p=1cac67ce-697a-47be-b2f5-9ae91aab54f2&pf_rd_r=4BDERAC3JVVV5YB52PAA

Aaah lo o ove little boys they make me feel so good.

Attached: 1528132612837-0.gif (600x600, 78K)

wtf dude