I tried so hard

I tried so hard

Attached: 61EHX3TT-fL._SX569_.jpg (569x569, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

windows-update-checker.com/Lists/Win7x64.htm
docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/get-started/adk-install
microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5753
support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-windows/accessories/connect-xbox-one-controller-to-pc#79edd885bb9e4e2d83d64ddc96c4ce80
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Jesus, just fucking install 8.1, it's the same shit with classic shell. It's not running out of support anytime soon, either and it doesn't have ads like 10. Or install a server version, whatever. Microsoft doesn't have the balls to kill those.

Microsoft's best OS, beside XP. I had a good run, has a while left.

a whole year, yeah.

>it's the same shit with classic shell.
With gimped titlebars, cancerous Explorer ribbon, telemetry out the ass, etc.

>cancerous Explorer ribbon
I got used to the ribbon Explorer after 8. I still like it in 10 even though I hate the rest of the OS, but I just can't go back to the Windows 7 Explorer.

I cant i just cant with windows 10 and I paid full price for Windows 7, why Should I go 10

Also windows 10 ui looks like its a fucking tablet
No im using a pc not a limited ui ipad
Why

What could happen if you just keep using it?

Anything could. I won't be surprised if something nasty pops up soon after the final update ships to encourage users to change, but it won't be hard to just increase security to protect against it

I thought 7 had botnet update patches years ago I run a Linux setup, but I was told users had to manually go in and delete files if they didn't want to be spied on.

how is this thread still alive
edit: oops forgot to saje

Attached: 1490655363442.jpg (960x960, 69K)

>JUST USE TELEMETRY 8.1!!!

Attached: what in tardation.png (500x458, 124K)

I have this list an user posted,

Win 7 Updates to Avoid

KB2876229 SKYPE, If you want Skype then install it.
KB2923545 RDP
KB2970228 - Update to support the new currency symbol for the Russian ruble in Windows
KB3035583
KB2990214
KB3021917
KB3068708 Telemetry
KB2592687
KB2660075
KB2506928
KB2952664 x2
KB3050265
KB2726535
KB2994023
KB3022345 Replaced by KB3068708 Telemetry
KB3022345 Caused false sfc result
KB2545698 (IE9)
KB3065987
KB3075249 Update that adds telemetry points to consent.exe in Windows 8.1 and Windows 7
KB3080149 Update for customer experience and diagnostic telemetry
KB 3050265 - Windows Update service updated to accept upgrade to W10
KB 3068707 - Customer experience telemetry points
KB 2977759 - W10 Diagnostics Compatibility telemetry
KB 3044374 - W8,8.1 Nagware for W10
KB4493132 - Last "update" notifiction that there won't be any more updates.

9 months.

What was that program that let you manually download specific windows updates?

Because brainlets like you can't even understand an ui like it

Debian

ugh, how would you go about securing win10 though? is there a barebones version?

Any browser? You can go to the update database and download specific ones or look them up on the knowledge database on Microsoft. There's also,

windows-update-checker.com/Lists/Win7x64.htm

Attached: nice.jpg (480x360, 9K)

>windows-update-checker.com/Lists/Win7x64.htm
I ain't clicking that shit.

You'd need to download the Windows ADK and piecemeal it together yourself for your own install.
docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/get-started/adk-install

For Win7 and earlier it is AIK,
microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5753

Which is what was used to create Tiny7 32bit, if you know anything about that.

Just don't download from that site's download links and instead use the Knowledge Base link to find the download. Also, use a fucking VM you mongoloid. So, you can click on anything and it won't matter. Here's what the site looks like.

Attached: Untitled.png (1920x1080, 190K)

Portable Update will do that

I still use Dreamscene to put episodes of anime and Star Trek on as my wallpaper.

>tfw can't install 8.1 because of a fucking gamepad

Not hard enough.
Literally what prevents you from continuing to use it?

How is that preventing it?

Just INSTALL GENTOO !

The xbox one controller only works wired on windows 8.1 (and 7). It's sad, because it works over bluetooth on Android, macOS and linux, but any OS before W10 doesn't have proper drivers for that.

>is there a barebones version?
I've seen several mentioned here and there, windows 10 AME seems the most promising with LTSB coming second

Did this work,
support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-windows/accessories/connect-xbox-one-controller-to-pc#79edd885bb9e4e2d83d64ddc96c4ce80

Yeah, it says right there bluetooth is not supported on the 7 / 8.1 section. I even googled for modded drivers in case there were some.

Sorry, I didn't read through it. Also, "bluetooth is not supported on the 7 / 8.1," is such a fucking dirty Jew move.

Tell me about it. I'm not so happy with this gamepad to be honest.

I got a Logitech one like a decade ago and have been using it ever since. Though, it's been about 3 years since I played any video games at all.

You got this one? That's pretty based.

Attached: index.jpg (291x173, 5K)

It reads, "Logitech RumblePad 2," on the back and is wireless. It looks a bit like the one you posted, with double buttons on top where you can't see in your image. It is the older model and the analog sticks had SQUARE holes they suck out of. That resulted in a terrible "CLUNK CLUNK" movement when you rotated around with the sticks. I opened it up and rounded the holes with a Dremel tool and now it works beautifully. So, if you ever get another gamepad, make sure the holes are round for the analog sticks. I seriously don't know what the designer was thinking when they made them fucking square.

Here's a pic of the square holes I'm talking about (not my pic.)

Attached: Logitech RumblePad 2.jpg (1280x720, 53K)

Amd stopped releasing drivers for it though.

not linux dont care

...and Got DirectX 12 and Edge kek

Autopatcher, but it hasn't been active lately

Windows 7 drivers work perfectly

Plus some advanced Defender features this comming summer, lol. 7 is far from dead.

Tried to reinstall it but I fucked up the activation. Honestly, I just prefer 10. I prefer 7's visual appearance, it looks better, but 10 has better functionality.
Virtual workspaces, ISO mounting, window tiling, notifications, etc.

Also I can install 10 and be done with it. I don't need to activate it ever. Literally everything that unactivated W10 prevents you from doing is cosmetic, and all of it can be circumvented via the registry. Whereas with 7 you basically have to reinstall every month. Fuckin pain in the ass.

To be fair, literally the only thing I miss from Windows is the transparency everywhere, and it seems like Microsoft is slowly pushing Fluent design everywhere. It's only a matter of time before every application has an Edge-like title bar.

Attached: w10.png (1366x768, 1.76M)

Just use Linux. Games suck, but since I've made it my daily I really only play surviv.io with some buddies.

Like everyone here acts like they are doing more than browsing the Internet and I know that's wrong

>7 you basically have to reinstall every month
If you are retarded, which you clearly are, then yes.

No, just lazy. I don't want to fuck around with hacks or scrounge through the internet for activation keys and a bootable ISO.
With 10 I can literally just get the ISO straight from MS's website, install it normally, and I'm good to go. It takes as much effort to install as the average distro.

If installing 7 and using it forever is as easy and quick to do without third party tools or deleting random shit in Sys32, then go ahead and tell me, I'm all ears.

>If installing 7 and using it forever is as easy and quick to do without third party tools or deleting random shit in Sys32, then go ahead and tell me, I'm all ears.
YOu gave yourself the enswer. You don't need any 3rd party tools, "Cleaners" or other crap. 7 works fine by itself, you don't have to manage anything. I've been using the same install since 2012 with no problems whatsoever.

And got so far

I'm talking about activating it, not using it.
Win7 is far more annoying when it comes to activation. Disabling the wallpaper, popups, being locked after a month or so, etc.
Win10 doesn't have this issue.

you can literally fucking try random keys until it activates holy shit.

>Win7 is far more annoying when it comes to activation
Shill harder faggot, fuck you and your Windows 10. Windows 7 is miles easier to activate than Windows 10, just literally run the activator and press a button.

Attached: 1552382253677.jpg (480x480, 107K)

>just run a virus bro
>just try every key that exists bro
the absolute state of you

lol retard

And then run into the same problem in 2023 that you'll hit in 2020? Personally I'm just going over to linux instead. Save me the hassle.

>just run a virus bro
You're too much of a brainlet to know what is from what isn't. Enjoy your shitty botnet OS, natural selection will do the rest.

Attached: 1547859705369.gif (295x221, 574K)

>linux
>Save me the hassle.

WEW boi

But the games keep improving ever since proton?

>windows 10 comes out
>OMG THIS SUCKS LET ME GO BACK TO 7

>windows 7 comes out
>OMG THIS SUCKS LET ME GO BACK TO XP

>XP comes out
>OMG THIS SUCKS LET ME GO BACK TO 98

Windows just sucks, period. This is the truth your brainwashed minds are trying to deny.

Why does a faggot like you are post here?
God damn your posts almost gave me cancer pls stop talking about your dumb opinions pls.

Also if you are so happy with windows just buy a stolen key online for 5€.

DAZ Loader on Home/Pro/Ultimate
KMS activation (i.e Microsoft Toolkit) on ProVL or Enterprise. Exactly like 8 or 10, literally the same technology. What is so difficult?

>freetard gets so upset he can't type right

fyi this is where linux shines, it won't fucking deprecate drivers over time like microsoft does it.
at least i have never heard of drivers failing as the kernel gets updated. i've got a scanner from the early 00s that only works up to XP, but works fine on linux.

>windows 7 comes out
Never happened

>XP comes out
>OMG THIS SUCKS LET ME GO BACK TO 98
Nobody said this.

>windows 7 comes out
Nobody said this either they said it when vista came out by the time 7 came it was actually usable for most people.

To be fair, people did say that about XP until SP2

I never saw it anyway

literally the reason I switched to 8.1
saves a bunch of clicks to show/hide extensions or hidden folders

>saves a bunch of clicks to show/hide extensions or hidden folders
And why the hell would you constantly need to toggle that? Especially extensions, why the fuck would you ever hide them?

What are you guys going to do when they stop updating?
To be honest having dealt with Windows 10 random updates that end up breaking the PC within minutes of installation is ridiculous.
About a few months ago i was looking for a laptop, and ended up noticing a lot of the problems PC manufacturers had this year was due to coding issues from the Windows 10 software.
I've had to disable a couple of controllers because botnet 10 wakes up your PC from sleep and uses your bandwidth some some fuckwit can update their windows 10.
That whole shitty platform is a joke, and it doesn't help it's coded by pajeets who also coded the Boeing airplanes that dropped.
So my question is, have any of you gone to Linux? I'm just doing games and some email shit so only thing i'll need is PDF and everything else is off google drive. But do most software controllers even work on Linux? I see radeon settings break and turn off my fans even above 50C for some fuckass reason and i get thermal throttling, can i even trust that program on Linux if it doesn't work on Windows 7?

>I don't need features, so therefore nobody does!

That's because you probably were too young

>hiding information from yourself is a "feature"

When xp released in oct 2001 I was in my freshmen year of highschool, and pretty active on the internet even back then, hell I even used leaked betas before it was officially released

I'm Going to linux is what I'm doing.

quints have spoken. Long live Windows 7!

They're hidden by default.

Have you tried this yourself? Does installing Radeon drivers from Windows 7 work on 8.1?

I held off on upgrading to win10 for so long. I've been wondering if I should just pull the trigger.

Try it in VM. Everything I can do on win10 I can do in win7, only the former looks prettier but so what. Fuck having to spend hours and days disabling the botnet and fucking around with registry. Even with LTSC there will still be some hidden shit you will miss and not to mention disabled stuff reverting back randomly. It is too much headache. I'll stick with 7 indefinitely.

So? You only need to do it once. Where's the advantage in the ribbon having a dedicated control for it?

It's a stupid fucking feature. They're both stupid fucking features that you generally enable/disable ONCE. There's no justification for putting it on the ribbon in the first place.

>end of microshit support

Does it even matter?

And got so far

Same, anything but that trash that is 'windows 10" more like fractured glass 10.
I keep hearing about Linux Mint, and Ubuntu.
Any idea on the ram usage for those platforms?

Yes, my RX 570 works fine

square gates are the superior option you nigger, you cannot have full 2-axis range with a round gate

It won't work when you hook up your pc to a television.

I think part of it depends on which desktop enviroment you use. kde,gnome,xfce etc as far as ram usage goes.

I see, i'll guess i'll ask in the linux thread so i don't derail this one. thanks.

No AMD drivers anymore for Winshit 8.1 ...

>What are you guys going to do when they stop updating?
Nothing, I run no services which are exposed to external networks, I'm going to keep using Windows 7 until it is impossible to use it on hardware.

>KB2923545 RDP
Why would you ever not do this update? The RDP server/client update is a BIG difference in quality over the version of RDP thats built in to 7.

I wish i could man, i'd love to never update, maybe i should just grab a cheapo laptop and do the work on that instead.
I can't let go of Windows 7, it's better than XP.

o7

Sup grandad

WSUS Offline Update

Now look here junior,
WHEN i was your age, we never had any of those "opt in" whatever you may call it services that sold our information.
No, We were free in the good ol' glory days of Windows XP and 7.
And don't i catch you talking about that vista thing, it's a fairy tail, never existed!
i'm not that old though, my first PC was a Compaq Presario Desktop that had windows 98. I'm sure there are older people on here.
Also my CD-Rom drive blew up and sparked at some point, did it do that to anyone else?

BOTNET REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Not just searching the Internet for a key, which takes all of five seconds.
>Not having an old beater computer lying around with a Win 7 key on it.