Makes me choose keyboard layout and locale during install

>makes me choose keyboard layout and locale during install
>still has to setxkbmap after login

Attached: scumbagtux.png (500x600, 101K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Activating_Numlock_on_Bootup
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>install loonix
>boot
>numlock is disabled
>need to install a package to have it enabled on boot

Attached: 1494156884403.jpg (391x311, 132K)

What distro is this? Never had this happen to me

Every single one, looks like linux just love overwriting my BIOS settings and disables it the moment it boots up. Happens on my 2 computers.

Bullshit

why would I lie about that

it's not linux. it's your computer. i have tried a lot of distros and never ever have this happened.

but it happened on 2 computers user
thats the same as it happening on all computers

Works under Windows, so it's Linux fault. Just because It Works On Your Machineā„¢ doesn't mean it's not broken.

Just because you can't install it properly doesn't mean it's broken

Just out of interest what distros have you tried?

>Just because you can't install it properly doesn't mean it's broken
lol, installing most distros consists in just pressing next.
Ubuntu, Mint, Solus, Manjaro and Debian. Just google "linux numlock startup", I'm not alone. There's even a list of workarounds on the Arch's wiki for a bunch of distros.

Didn't know how fortunate I was. For some reason it just works for me, even though numlockx isn't installed and people seem to experience these problems for my distro.

>Just google "linux numlock startup"
Just googled it. Everything has to do with numlock on the login screen.
>There's even a list of workarounds on the Arch's wiki for a bunch of distros
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Activating_Numlock_on_Bootup
Referring to this? Please don't tell me you think these examples are distros...

Not a problem on distros that use systemd's keymap settings.

On systems that load the BIOS on to NVRAM, Linux and every single other unix-like kernel based OS I've ever used, loads into that address space EFFECTIVELY OVERWRITING THE BIOS IMAGE. If your BIOS settings "stay put" after boot, then your CHIPSET is addressing the bios chip as part of NVRAM on startup. Your BIOS runs in place on the EPROM it was written to. Linux does not (and cannot) load into that (read only) memory area, so you keep your BIOS settings.

This is a hardware issue. I fixed it on my systems by not using the keypad to enter passwords at login. If you are able to enter your entire password with just the keypad, Then I dunno...

>mom, Mom, MOMMY HES BLAMING LINUX AGAIN
>I just Google's it, its a actual problem but let me nitpick everything because I'm a ass
>I fixed it by not fixing it and making excuses online about it to help me cope
t.cultists

There's no point in arguing with Linux zealots, the issue is never their operating system, even if something works on others.

i tried to get japanese input and an on screen keyboard working on manjaro and a fw other distros but it was way too difficuLt. on windows i jus add a inout method on settings and then press win space to toggle jp.

>nitpick everything because I'm a ass
>because I'm a ass
>a ass
I think you'll find it's AN ass

>it's not linux. it's your computer.
Every. Single. Time.

Attached: 1456183649162.gif (356x321, 1.07M)

>This is a hardware issue.
More like a software that can't handle shit properly.

user error

>it's your computer.
This. I've got two old shitter computers I got from work that run opensuse leap without any issue, but don't get me fucking started on that laptop of mine. Linux is just like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

Attached: LoAWd1E.png (325x273, 160K)

Software error.

Yeah, it's never your precious system. After all Linux desktop isn't a broken piece of shit, right?

Attached: 1506313782572.jpg (468x287, 30K)

Attached: 1521447498269.png (820x729, 106K)

Is this the loonix cope thread?

Attached: 11975ubuntu_at_best_buy_550.jpg (550x723, 54K)