Article 13 is a good thing

Article 13 is a good thing
Finally normies will get copyright claims and won't be able to post their shitty memes of spongebob images with captions on top
Memes will finally become a rare thing and will be distributed as a token of respect by the online community
People who use decentralized, anonymized or encrypted networks won't have to face these problems, only normies will
So why should we fear article 13? Let the world burn

Attached: 1553452189266.jpg (1200x1000, 165K)

Other urls found in this thread:

article13.org
article13.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

exactly this, even if we do have to move to text only mediums like IRC it'll be worth it

Attached: 1551888148477.png (468x468, 140K)

neck yourself inbred shitcunt wagon

Attached: 1550608598102.gif (500x500, 196K)

>She makes this post with literally a meme pic
Sad

>she
umm sweetie, my pronouns are xir/xer, i'll let you pass this time tho :)

>Let the *internet* burn
FTFY

Samefag

>getting rid of freedom of speech is a good thing because people will no longer be able to say stupid shit
You should know by now that article 13 is so broad in scope *in the EU only*, that there's no chance it will be used for anything other than censorship, and as such the normies will never be hurt by it

But article 13 specifically allows memes you fucking retard

> I have no idea what I'm talking about

article13.org

>why should we fear article 13?
don't know about you but i don't want to use an internet in which every post (even this one) would be put through a filter before showing it publicly. if you don't fear it, it's because you can't comprehend the dangers.

imagine not being able to post a link properly article13.org/

only people with about 0 understanding of technology would say something like this. sad enough eu politicians think like that, but also poeple on Jow Forums?
the only way for the platforms to obey the rules is a automatic filter which is not able to differenciate between an actual copyright violation and a quote or a parody.
imagine being this fucking stupid

>For what it's worth, the ability of people to share memes and the like will remain unimpeded: "...uploading memes and other content generated by users for purposes of quotation, criticism, review, caricature, parody and pastiche (like GIFs or similar) will be specifically allowed," according to the European Commission.
You fucking retard

no more "le ebic may-may review"
fuckin finally

Spotted the guugle shills. Your company no longer can steal from websites and claim their content as their own. You did bend down to stock photo corporations by changing how the google images page works, now EU makes you respect copyrights in the name of small websites and publishers who wouldn't threaten you with the same power as the stock photo websites.

What do you find more likely
>small X corporation hiring a lawyer team to get them out of this shitshow safely instead of closing down
Or
>google hiring a team of lawyers to get them out of this shitshow safely instead of closing down
In the history of the world, every kind of trade regulation (which this is) that overcomplicates things ALWAYS hurts the smallest businesses the most

>link tax
Gopher doesn't have this problem

Google literally has an "adblock" that blocks competing advertising companies in Chrome.

>>small X corporation hiring a lawyer team to get them out of this shitshow safely instead of closing down
Out of what "shitshow" literally ripping content off webpages and displaying it as part of own website?
Still, you're only an unimportant cog and google will get rid of you no matter how useful you try to be for them.

>ripping off webpages and displaying it as part of own website?
Yes, that's how archiving works you utter retard
I'm anything but a google shill and haven't used any google product for over 10 years and encourage you to do the same but this is literally a Net Neutrality situation of picking which shitty megacorp you like the least.
I think Intellectual property is a fucking scam so I'm siding with literally everyone other than copyright trolls on this one, against article 13
Are you too young to remember literally every other copyright law on the face of the earth and how enforcing it just doesn't work?
Or do you think people won't just get a VPN to torrent?

as someone who makes money of normies (isn't that all of Jow Forums??) it might be a royal pain in the ass

>he thinks its about memes
retard

0.0002$ have been deposited in your google and facebook accounts

Attached: 1539904635589.png (1078x812, 886K)

$0.02 have been deposited in your (record label of choice) account

The user won't be punished, the website will be. Say goodbye to all your forums and blogs, only Google, Apple, Microsoft, Facebook will survive.

This obviously can't be right, I mean I don't really like living in the EU but they can't be that retarded

>the website will be. Say goodbye to all your forums and blogs
wtf im in favour of article 13 now
fuck hosting "your data" on someone elses servers, meshnet NOW

lmfao fuck the EU.

The rest of the world will just cut them off rather than deal with their draconian bullshit.