New SSD

>new SSD
>295 hours uptime
>1572 GB written
1,5 fucking TB written, WTF, all I did was to install Windows and some games.
How much written data do you have on your SSD Jow Forums? I feel this is a bit abnormal.

Attached: Untitled.png (688x606, 78K)

You got a used drive mate.
I have ~15tb after 5 years of usage and countless reinstalls

I've had my SSD about 8 months and I'm up to 2TB

late answer there's a script like debloat windows 10, disabling superfetch and system restore will help. Mine is 27days power on hour / 648 hour with 1.7 tb written.

Nope. Here is after 4 hours of use.

I disabled superfetch, defragmenter and system restore. I'm thinking of disabling pagefile as well, it's the only possible explanation.

Attached: info.png (688x738, 104K)

Disable it. you dont need page files on an SSD. Enable it on mechanical drives.

I disabled it. It was the only possible culprit.

What do you guys think about my SSD.
Is it OK?
I've had it forever and I like the fact that it's not dead yet.
My two previous ones (Vertex/Vertex2) failed miserably after 6 month.
Also, would I get a significant boost going for more modern hardware or is it just marketing?

Attached: intel_180_CDI.png (674x634, 63K)

Seems ok. Larger SSDs do tend to have higher speeds, though by larger I mean 240GiB ones when compared to 120 ones.

Unwritten SSD is wasted SSD.

Fake and gay, you cannot write 1572 GB on 500 GB SSD.

Well I'm not much worried about raw speed.
I don't have a device that can take it anyways.
More like access time and IOPs and stuff that tend to improve user experience.
Not that I'm complaining, windose boots in 15-20 seconds, and it's immediately responsive. I don't see any compelling argument to populate my m.2 slot. But maybe I'm missing out on something.

16,5TB after 1445 days and 19 hours powered on.

Brainlet.

Attached: file.png (674x749, 87K)

bait or dumb?

bait

Attached: Capture.jpg (666x910, 157K)

Well at least, OCZ managed to make a SSD that works before Nips bought them.

This was my main system drive for over 5 years. It's now mounted in a different computer for general storage, through a PCIe-SATA converter, so that might be why it's not showing read data.

Attached: Untitled.png (688x769, 50K)

Page file is used when you run out of RAM and like everything it's better when used on SSD
Whether or not it's useful is debatable

Attached: 1553179317026.png (1440x1557, 738K)

got in in september 2018

Attached: Capture.png (673x639, 234K)

Windows just thrashes, constant IO.

I wouldn't worry about write endurance unless you have a cheap drive that slows down.

Don't Firefox and Chrome write a lot of data to your SSD and you have to modify the value in about:config? I think disabling session restore helps too, or something about it.

Page file is fine on SSD, just set it to a fixed size around 1GB. It's the constant resizing of the file that causes issues.

based and samsungpilled

Attached: .png (672x760, 65K)

Very old drive, win10 machine with low (4gb) ram, nothing disabled.

Attached: Clipboard01.png (674x780, 87K)

46k hours, impressive

It amazes me that there are so many people here who turn their computers off every single night, sometimes well before their 8PM bedtime.

>120 hours per boot
This seems to be pretty normal for a 24/7 system that occasionally has to be restarted for Windows Update or other software installation.

>20 hours per boot
Anything sub-24 hours is absolute plebeian tier, though.

>16 hours per boot

>13 hours per boot (shortest in the thread)
>calls other people "brainlet"
LOL. I love it. Like watching a puppy stumble over its own paws and then proceed to bite an adult doberman's ankles. Then acting surprised when viciously attacked by the doberman.

>16 hours per boot.
did you mean 16 seconds?
Or did you mean average uptime per boot?
Seems accurate as I switch this thing off every time I go to work.

You know what I meant by "boot."

Retarded

You'll understand when you move out and pay your own electricity bill.

Well seems accurate as this thing is always on when I'm home.
Even when I sleep.
It's always on in the week end and I shut it down when I go out/to work.

Proper configuration is having it go into sleep after couple of hours.

Why waste electricity and shorten capacitors life for nothing.

based

Is there anything wrong with putting the computer to sleep if you don't plan on using it for a few hours? I don't like just leaving it on, but I don't like forcing it into the shutdown process too much.

I live by myself, kid. Electric goes up in the summer as I use more A/C, but idling a computer doesn't change the bill that much.

What am I doing wrong? On both of my ssd (crucial, kingston) there are no info about reads and writes

Attached: ssd.png (678x533, 57K)

Parking your hard drives wears them out. For maximum HDD life, leave them running 24/7.

Flexing about "hours per boot".
The absolute state of Jow Forums.

Uptime threads have been a staple of Jow Forums for at least the 10 years I’ve been here.

Probably the mobo controller. Is wack

Ok, I even turned on my other laptop that I usually take with me, so yeah, the one I turn on, do something quickly and turn off again.
Just so you can screech some more.

Attached: DiskInfo64_2019-03-27_17-12-44.png (674x697, 85K)

Laptops are different. They're not made to be left running.

I'm the same, I have a Z77 mobo and that same SSD

Well, my other one (the 13 hours per boot) is a laptop too. I just leave it on more, but I don't give a shit about muh uptime if I want to turn it off.

Was meant to

>installing shitdows on a half-decent drive
This is why you buy a $20 120GB drive just for that and use the other one for fast storage. Otherwise you're giving Pajeet and Sanjay license to fuck your shit up.

I don't have any total read or write data and the other drives are also like this. Can someone help?

Attached: Untitled.png (711x615, 86K)

>lower power on count
>lower power on hours
>newer version of CrystalDiskInfo

Interesting.

I don't know if that's accurate but there's a lot of stuff that constantly re-writes to the drive in windows, first of all virtual memory keeps a page file on the disk that is something in the order of the same amount as your RAM, so if you have say 16Gb of RAM the odds are you also have something close to a 16gb pagefile which windows constantly moves the content of RAM into when its either not likely to be needed or if you run low on space.

There's also other features of windows that might be on, things like folder archiving for backups of files, there's defragging which is deliberately more easy on SSDs but is still a factor. There's windows restore points written often sometimes when you install apps or make OS changes and other times when you apply windows update. And of course other apps all write to the disk constantly, chrome is constantly shoving files onto the disk into its databases for all your assets which gets to be a revolving door of 4-5Gb quite quite quickly and all sorts of other apps. Oh and there's also hibernation files if you hibernate on that disk the entire contents of memory is dump to disk so again fi you're running 16Gb say thats 16Gb x number of hibernations, and so on.

In my opinion and based on statistical sample of one you're wrong.

Attached: Clipboard02.png (674x796, 76K)

1TB

Attached: Untitled.png (688x748, 75K)

I literally got this new like 6 months ago. Is this good?

Attached: 1537299871421.png (672x531, 84K)

nvm bought this Nov 6, 2018

Why do you all turn off your computer so much?

Attached: 2019-03-27 17_14_44.png (958x610, 973K)

No games tho, so it should be right on your end, pal

Attached: 6mo old iirc.png (1002x692, 491K)

Because I pay for my own electricity and am not some NEET jerking off to anime in my mom's basement.

Should I be worried?

Attached: Untitled.png (729x786, 82K)

pagefile and various other caches are on. not going easy on it

Attached: SS3695.png (994x640, 399K)

Behold

Attached: Screenshot_3.jpg (367x235, 26K)

I pay for my electricity too, and it's dirt cheap, around $0.07 per kWh.

Or around $14 per month for my computer.

How much electricity do you think your computer consumes when you're not even using it?

It survived longer than the HDD I bought a year afterwards and I don't see it dying anytime soon.

Attached: ssd 45234r.png (1001x773, 546K)

That entirely depends on the components, you stupid fuck. My overclocked 3970X setup consumes ~175W at idle.

There's something very wrong with your settings since I have overclocked 140w tdp phenom whole computer uses ~60W at idle withouth monitors.

Attached: disk_20190327_1729.png (682x656, 98K)

If you're concerned use Resource Monitor to find which processes are abusing the drive.