How is Manjaro in 2019

Linux noob here, how is manjaro these days?

Attached: Manjaro-logo.png (231x240, 705)

Pretty good desu

Great middle-ground between usability (and stability?) and bleeding-edge software.

bloated

pretty stable plus its arch

Because they preinstall some software and tools? sorry i dont buy the bloated meme.

you guys use it yourself?

yep

yes but only on my laptop as i cant be bothered to fix stuff there

I use the kde version every day for work. Never once had it break from updating in 3 years. Fast, stable, easy to hot swap kernels, aur access. Literally everything you could want in a distro. Except a few weeks ago the pamac GUI crashed while updating and left my system unbootable. But I've since learned my lesson and stopped using pamac on kde. Stick to Pacman in terminal, sometimes I'll use octopi for browsing packages.

I'm relatively new to Linux and I've been using it for a few months. It's been a great transition from Windows.

It's pretty good. Definitely the only Arch variant I recommend and prefer other than Antergos which is basically an installer.

Probably the best distro suitable for both Linux n00bs and experienced users.

How did you fix it after it crashed?

Breaks easily in multiple fronts. Makes arch look like debian.

I have Manjaro with KDE Plasma running on my
main machine since December. Zero issues and really comfy.
Even installed Arch on another PC just to see if it's better but as of now I see no reason to switch.

Attached: 1553447431756.png (2359x1749, 1.27M)

you don't have to. it's literally free as in free beer

Can you give an example?

Stable af.

Attached: 19ed83941c4540d2a480a95243927cfeff6e427f.jpg (620x350, 109K)

Friend used it, broke within a week when a new kernel got released.

I switched from manjaro to arch back in december as part of my yearly backup. Haven't noticed that much of a difference either, arch has been pretty stable so far.
The only difference is that I learned that yaourt was dead and now I use yay instead.
Switched from TWM to KDE plasma and I'm pretty happy.

chroot from a liveusb. It crashed will updating a library GTK depends on. So I had to download and install the library manually. It's pretty easy stuff there's a ton of people reporting shit like this on the forums and when you run into an issue 99% of the time the solution is somewhere on there.

its been a long time i dont have something break because of an update.

Attached: Captura de tela_2019-03-27_15-41-51.png (1366x768, 145K)

>pretty stable plus its unstable

still shit

Arch rarely breaks these days. It got a bad reputation during the systemd rollout because of the complicated nature of switching the init system on an active install. Even using meme shit like Wayland and Sway I find I rarely have breakages.

The only thing I miss about distro like Manjaro, Ubuntu and others is the unified theme they tend to have. The extent I rice is limited to changing the font and putting transparancy on my terminals and use pywal for colors.