Do I need to know and understand calculus to be a good programmer?

do I need to know and understand calculus to be a good programmer?

Attached: 1541193045848.jpg (1024x595, 74K)

A good programmer? Yes, no way around it.
Just another code monkey? Nope.

Only if you're programming physics related shit.

does it mean games?

No. There's no physics in games, just in real life.

so what do I need to know to make cool games

Or if you want to do any optimisation, e.g., ML.

what is ml?

physics, economics, finance, medicine

machine learning. it optimizes large multivariable functions, so you'd need to know multiple variable calculus.

Or ML, or simulations, or computer graphics, or file compression.
I'm sure the list goes on.

fpbp

Not really, depends on what you work with.
What matters is really picking up concepts really fast and implementing them into a workable solution.

I've seen math faggots struggle with programming and you have people that suck at math, but will read about a programming concept and will know imidiately how to implement it into what they already know.

Some people just "get it", after they learn about fundamentals and write few console programs and then you have people that are stuck in tutorial purgatory forever.

ideas

you would need to know multi variable to understand the proof you fucking retards

>justifying your wasted time and debt to yourself by saying people who don't understand calculus are code monkies
teehee

This.
You need to learn how to make ideas. When you have idea, everything else comes together naturally.

Found the code monkey.

Disgusting normie dev

Nope, algebraic topology and higher topos theory is enough to get by.

No. Should you know and understand calculus in order to be considered a full fledged adult member of society? Yes

lmaoing at your life

Attached: fpbp.jpg (171x218, 14K)

The likelihood that someone capable of becoming a good programmer would not learn calculus is very low, regardless of the applicability to common programming tasks of calculus.

it may save you from badly reinventing some necessary wheels. even if you can't do it, non-math coders recognizing where it's needed can save you a shit-ton of problems