/pcbg/ - PC Building General

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and monitor suggestions; click on blue titles to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on most mobos with the right BIOS)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600/X - Great gaming or multithreaded use CPUs
>i7 8700/K or i7 9700K - Extreme setup for absolute max FPS
>R7 2700/X - VM Work / Streaming / Video editing

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3000CL15 or 3200CL16 is ideal
>AMD B and X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>RX 570 8GB - good performance with great value
>GTX 1660 - standard
>RTX 2060 - very high framerates (requires complementary CPU and monitor)
1440p
>RTX 2060 - standard
>RTX 2080 - very high framerates (requires complementary CPU and monitor)
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2080 - standard
>RTX 2080Ti - better fit for 4K but expensive

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>A 256GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless

Previous:

Attached: serveimage.png (1389x500, 2.55M)

Other urls found in this thread:

lg.com/us/monitors/lg-34GK950F-B-gaming-monitor
philips.co.uk/c-p/326M6VJRMB_01/momentum-4k-hdr-display-with-ambiglow/
nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/products/big-format-gaming-displays/
pcpartpicker.com/list/zQjWhy
amazon.de/gp/cart/view.html/ref=lh_cart
philips.ca/c-p/436M6VBPAB_27/momentum-4k-hdr-display-with-ambiglow/specifications
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

if you got the items for that money im gonna be honest and say it might be worth it.

I got myself a GTX 1060 6GB on a deal and later found that it has GDDR5X (Micron) as opposed to the normal GDDR5 produced by Samsung found in other models. I found in some forums that you can actually overclock the frequency of the memory to run at 11Ghz instead of the clock speed of 8Ghz, and that would basically not even be an overclock considering the memory is designed to run at 11Ghz to begin with. I honestly don't have experience with overclocking at all and I would like to know if this is actually true and will not affect the card in any way? Also which software would I use to do this overclock?

Trying to buy used parts from prebuilt retards is a fucking nightmare

Attached: DuElPq_WwAI1KF.png (600x447, 407K)

Are hee any new 240hz monitors coming out this year worth waiting for?

is there even hopes for a 2070ti?
i think 2060 and 2070 are so close together that they shouldnt have a 2060ti version

ssds are overrated

>booting your OS in 10 seconds as opposed to 1+ minute is overrated

ok

Hey fellas

I got a i7-8700k and Z370 motherboard.
What's a good GPU to complete my setup? I plan on buying ultrawide 1440p 120hz+ in the future.

Is 1080ti still the graphics card to go? Is there anything cheaper that offers the same or more quality?
Haven't followed this market for a while.

Attached: lowmeme.jpg (235x215, 12K)

yeah the 2070 isn't as good and the 2080 is better but more expensive

2070 > 1080ti?

Add the 9900K, nigger.

AMD = niggers

can you underclock/volt that to get power draw under control?

2070 I guess

are any of the current cards worth it coming from a 1060? i dont really game much except csgo, but i want it at 300fps all times

wait for next gen.

I mean the 1660ti is good but not gonna be _that_ much better than a 1060. I suggest waiting(tm) for AMD to release their Navi GPUs later this year.

Set it to 4.2 Ghz like the just like Ryzen 2700X and it'll still perform better. The 9900K also was made for overclocking so a higher power consumption for better performance doesn't seem bad to me.

how much longer until navi

So motherfucking close to being the perfect monitor. VBut they failed with that shitty peak brightness /vesaHDR certification. Would have bought it in an instant if it was hdr1000
lg.com/us/monitors/lg-34GK950F-B-gaming-monitor

Attached: LGAlmosthitsahomerun.png (916x502, 234K)

>unironically waiting for an amd gpu release

Attached: 6F9CD5ED26384EDFBFCE82FC3392BFBA.jpg (464x618, 62K)

Anyone know something similar but with hdr1000 and local dimming? or if not ultrawide, then a 4k 32" 16:9 monitor with it.

why are gsync monitors so much more expensive than freesync monitors?

next year

the snake oil scalar. There is really no point to buying one anymore. Most Freesync 2 monitors will work more or less the same with extended Gsync.

Oh also to be fair, Gsynch is more like Freesync 2 with a garunteed large window and frame doubling for below the minimum in the window. Some freesync 1 panels are like variable refresh between 45-60 or some shit.

i was waiting for navi before vega was even released. m convinced at this point its not a real card

working with a i5 6500 @ 3.2GHz (overclock ready but I stopped using it amplified my yet explained overwatch crashing but idk if it's the GPU or CPU) in a Z70-A mobo plenty of ram and a 3gb [spoiler]660[/spoiler]

Looking to upgrade the card to a 1660, shouldn't bottleneck it, right? Monitor is an ASUS VS248, 2ms 1080p and I haven't bought in to the 1440p meme (and am too poorfag to make an according build regardless)

it should be cheap since we wont pay RTX tax
honestly at this point im hoping a 2070ti will be at the right power to price range to me. not sure if it will happen, and even if it does, ill have to wait till november, might as well wait for 21xx series

My freesync 1 panel is 48-144hz.

id honestly consider it if you OC. it should not bottleneck, but it also seems you wont use all of your card on a 1080p60

yeah, but not ALL freesync panels are like that. ALL gsync/freesync 2 panels are. there are some lazy implementations.

Also it still doesn't have frame doubling below 48 most likely. but if oyu are buying a 144hz monitor you are probably not gaming below 60

436M6VBPAB

And the newly announced and still unreleased 32" version

philips.co.uk/c-p/326M6VJRMB_01/momentum-4k-hdr-display-with-ambiglow/

LFC activates below 48hz.

It's one of the highest end Freesync 1 panels on the market. Also has 400 nit peak brightness.

thanks; I haven't even been playing anything cpu or gpu intensive other than Overwatch (haven't even been playing that the last month), if I find the crashing was the old GPU I can comfortably OC to 3.6ish

Assuming I'm going to play 144hz in normalfag games like CSGO and Apex, and I never play on high settings since smoothness matters infinitely more to me than graphics, will this build be able to sustain that?

CPU: i5-9400F
GPU: 1660 ti
HD: WD 500GB SSD
Mobo: Asus B360M-K Prime
PSU: Corsair VS550
16GB ddr4-2666 Corsair Vengance XMP

Price: 980 dollars including cabinet and sound card. I live in a pretty expensive country though.

i'm playing CSGO at 1440p 144hz on highest settings with a 1660Ti, so yeah, you should be fine.

MSI Afterburner or Nvidia's software, probably

RTX 2080, or you could take a gamble with a used GTX 1080Ti

No, but the new card will have a warranty

How are you not already getting 300FPS with CSGO with a 1060? Play with low setting like a normal person

A 1660 is fine with an i5 6500

Check benchmarks for OW if you want to know expected performance

>will this build be able to sustain that?
Yeah

you should get those benchmark stuff and run it until something breaks
how are your temperatures?

id really like if you had a external HDD, will save your SSD and a lot of hassle if it eventually fails

As a 580 user, should I just go 1080p/144hz/freesync?

I'm on a bog standard 1080p/60/non-freesync monitor. I feel weird getting a new monitor without a res bump, but; I've never tried 144hz and have heard it's amazing, 1080p is prob all my card can handle anyway, and 1080p is still 'fine', right?

how does an external HDD save hassle when an SSD fails?

Not to mention, an HDD is far more likely to fail than an SSD.

>Check benchmarks for OW if you want to know expected performance

Oh OW is very playable with my current setup, aside from a random crashing issue I've been unable to solve with changing drivers, clean installs, etc. I haven't been overclocking because I felt there was a correlation with more crashes, but I'm not positive; I'll go back to OC with potential new card if the cause is the GPU (I assume it is mostly because the crash text says the rendering device has been lost)

MSI Afterburner

Best 50-60 dollar case?

If I’m looking for a gaming PC 500-700 minus monitor and OS would a Ryzen 3 1600 and a RX580 be a good starting point? I’m looking to play games for the next 2 years at least decently along with some programming and maybe trying to make an indie game somewhere down the line

>you should get those benchmark stuff and run it until something breaks
Maybe, but only Overwatch has really crashed consistently to my memory. Temperatures are always fine, my tower and processors are all very well ventilated. It is due for some compressed air now that I think about it, but that never affected the crashes

if your 580 hits above 60fps in the games you play and you plan on upgrading to a better card down the road, go for it. 1080p is still fine all things considered.

580 is already starting to show its age. 1660 is the new minimum IMO

Thanks for the feedback. In terms of price am I being completely ripped here? It's going to be assembled aswell which is also included in the price

which monitor?

whats a decent budget chair for long hours at the PC, dont wann spend more than $300

240hz is a meme imo. from 60 to 120 you feel an incredible difference. 120->144 virtually no difference and from 144 to 240, zero difference

So my GPU started breaking after 2 years (possibly my own doing) and I sent it in for RMA. They sent back a GPU that also wasn’t working properly, on two different PCs. I RMAed that and they sent me an upgraded GPU.
How can I install this with absolutely 0 risk of anything going wrong? I’ve brushed up on all the esd safety I can find and preloaded nvidia drivers, is there anything else I can do to make sure I don’t have to RMA a third time

MPG27CQ

>cheaped out on amazon basics $150ish leather office chair
>armrests wore out within a month, adjustor and back not long after
I need a fucking pillow on my back now and don't have scratch for new chair... so, not an amazon chair

nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/products/big-format-gaming-displays/

Why do these exist? Why would you ever want one?

poor vision

People who want a very large 4K monitor with 120HZ+ refresh rate and G-sync. I know a few people who have their PC in the living room. Having essentially a dedicated TV for PC gaming would be nice if it wasn't for the $5k price tag and mediocre build quality.

Finished building a new PC a few months ago, built it with the cheapest yet best parts i could get my hands on. Not necessarily a poorfag just a penny pincher in general.

>R7 2700X
>Noctua ND-D15 at a bargain price
>cheapo B450 board
>2x8GB 3000mhz CL16
>RX580 Nitro+ 8gb off ebay for a 1\3rd of the price of a new one here
>Samsung evo 970 m.2
>Antec P9 from older build

I want a freesync\144hz monitor, but on that fits with my Dell U2414H in general style. Will likely keep the new monitor on the original stand and the Dell on a new mount or a get a double mount for both since i have some space to play with. Was thinking about getting a Lenovo Legion Y25f-10 since it's the only one with relatively thin bezels that fit's the price range.

>TN
Might bite the bullet on it since IPS panels cost an arm and a leg, and the only other option is the curved Samsung models.

Can you take advantage of microcenter's cpu+mobo bundles in store? Or do you have to pay online for them to work

pretty sure you can do it in store. I don't get why people get so excited about the bundle when its really just a way to reduce the added tax.

it's only available in-store.

The only thing you can do online is place an order for pickup in-store.

>reduce the added tax
Legally this is false, as you should be paying your states sales tax even on online purchases that aren't charging it.

Further, most online retailers have started charging tax properly, even in the states they don't have physical locations in.

I used to not get taxed on newegg purchases, but starting around a year ago or so, I have been getting taxed.

Same with amazon. and B&HPhotovideo.

Its an indirect way to better compete when those online retailers didn't have taxes is all im saying

Most people cant notice the difference between 144hz and 240hz. Question is, can you?

How's this for my first build?
pcpartpicker.com/list/zQjWhy

It's the difference between 6.9ms and 4.1ms per frame.

Not nearly as drastic as 16.6ms to 6.9ms (60hz to 144hz). But still, going from almost 7ms to 4ms per frame should be noticed in games like counter strike

Looks good for 1080p 144hz or 1440p 60hz.

I know nothing about AMD GPUs. Why is waiting for it stupid? Has AMD been BTFOd in the past?

every release they are BTFO. they win on mid range budget and thats it

>Has AMD been BTFOd in the past
It's basically their routine for the past 7 or 8 years.

I have a Gtx 1060 3gb and I bought a freesync monitor. Its huge upgrade from 60hz. Just check if you get 100+ fps in the games you play and it will surely be worth it.

Unless you have lots of money or you are trying to go pro and dont want any bottlenecks i personally dont think its worth it. 240hz monitors cost more than my whole setup

SSD is trash, CPU is overpriced

So should I just upgrade now? Waiting till august may lower the gpu prices

What would you recommend?

MX500 for SSD, i7 8700/K or R5 2600/X

If you can comfortably wait, wait.

If not, buy now.

Even if you wait, you'll be unlikely to get some MASSIVE performance advantage by waiting.

Is there any good resource for 1st gen ryzen memory compatibility?

Kingston SSD

amazon.de/gp/cart/view.html/ref=lh_cart
Opinions, suggestions to make this better close to this budget

Mostly solved by BIOS updates

Obviously no one can see the contents of your cart. Troll post?

The ddr4 qvl list of your mobo.
MSI is constantly updating the qvl and ading new mem kits, unlike gigabit and asrock who don't give ashit.

Oh shit user thanks, that was a monitor I was looking at but quickly discarded as too large. 32" version would be perfect if I don't go ultrawide.

OH wait, was thinking of: philips.ca/c-p/436M6VBPAB_27/momentum-4k-hdr-display-with-ambiglow/specifications
Ah well, still looks like it is worth considering.

What's the difference between: (besides a letter)
Asus - PRIME Z370-A II
Asus - PRIME Z370-P II

What motherboard should I be aiming for instead?

It's biggest downside is that it uses BGR subpixel layout instead of RGB.

Not a huge deal for some people, but can be for others.

Quick you fucks.

144hz, 1440p, freesync, ultra wide. Price is not an issue.

GO GO GO GO GO GO GO.

Attached: 1550769874243.jpg (1483x1537, 241K)

How does Vega 56 fare against the 1070Ti? I might make the switch to full AMD sometime soon since their cards seem to age way better in most cases.

>rtx diarrhea ti
>core i7-cacaK
>16pb corsair fecal matter RGB
>z390 shitting pro plus pooperboard
how are these specs ??

More a question of V56 vs RTX 2060 these days

pray to the RNGods you get decent VRAM, then undervolt and OC and you get a very capable card that should be a closer to the vega64 in this chart while also using less power.

Attached: Capture.jpg (647x585, 59K)

Many of the flaws of the Vega 56 have been addressed now that AIB cards are widely available. Out of the box and basic OCing would probably put the 1070Ti over it, but with powertables and fan curve adjustments the Vega 56 has the higher maximum performance. Both are widely available used right now, so unless you're planning to take full advantage of the game pass it comes with, try ebay.

Why do you want an ultrawide?

I feel like there's a reverse Baader-Meinhoff effect. I feel like I used to see 2070's on sale all the time. I finally started considering upgrading to one from my 1060 and there hasn't been a sale on a non-refurbished one for like a week.

I just upgraded from my B77 mobo and I5 3570k to a 9600k and 390 mobo

What should I do with my old system? I don't have a case for it and was looking at getting a cheap one to put it on gumtree to sell but I got to thinking there might be something cool I could do with it instead

Get a 1080 off ebay for like $350 USD. Actually even 1080 tis are going for close to the 2070s MSRP.