Using Firefox version 56. These are my extensions, some of them say legacy...

Using Firefox version 56. These are my extensions, some of them say legacy. If I update my firefox to the latest version will I no longer be able to use these extensions, userstyles and greasemonkey?

Attached: 1551132808044.png (1406x730, 75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/panorama-tab-groups/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Most of them have new versions.
Greasemonkey will definitely still work. Using it on Fx 65 right now

>Firefox
>>>/tumblr/

Everything that didn't get a WebExtension port will stop working. Look your addons up in the current store. If they're listed, then you can continue using them after the update.

Make your own backups so you'll be able to go back.
Just because it's in the new store and named the same doesn't mean it has the same features, they severely diminished the ability.

You should consider a fork since you're changing anyway, not actual firefox because of the privacy implications in its default configuration. Also try ungoogled chromium and other browsers if you feel like it.

Okay I've made a backup of this firefox, installed the latest firefox and it completly removed all my Greasemonkey User Scripts. Removed some of my User Styles, and in pic related theres the shite bottom part overlay which makes it look ugly as hell with my themes.

Attached: 1551955885336.png (1439x96, 101K)

Depends on the scripts, legacy greasemonkey had more features.

Unironically use IceCat or SeaMonkey. They still support NPAPI.

>mega
good goy

>ExHentai easy 2
this is what you get

Suggestion 1: Download Waterfox, Pale meme, or Firefox ESR, and migrate your profile (and addons) to it.
Suggestion 2: Check which legacy apps have new versions; I know greasemonkey, https everywhere, stylish, all work.
Suggestion 3: Stop using Ex-hentai. Become one with the sad panda.

Stylish is straight botnet now btw. It phones home about sites you visit unless you change a setting. But do you really trust an extension with that shit?

Just use a better browser like surf

>using stylish
>in 2019
you deserve everything that's happening to you now

Why hasn't DownThemAll been ported yet ;(
I could use the new firefox shit if it was, but I'm stuck on 56 like OP because there's no good replacement

whats a better alternative to use then?

I've checked for all my extensions and stylish and have found a replacement.
But in pic related I gotta install the new greasymonkey and it doesn't port in these old scripts, any idea how? I've got all my settings on 4chanX and other scripts here

Attached: 1541628498848.png (1326x663, 66K)

>IceCat
>NPAPI support
But the current Icecat verion is based on 60esr

>NPAPI
Nobody needs that shit.

Use stylus

>stylus
any ideas to migrate my stylish to that?

nvm found it, just need to find a way to go froim the legacy greasymonkey scripts to the new version

use violentmonkey

Enjoy your vulnerabilities and getting fucking hacked, dipshit.

>exhentai easy 2

kys fag

grease monkey works.

What about DownThemAll?

Okay managed to get all the needed extensions on the new Firefox. Much better now. Using Stylus instead and is also much better the stylish. Managed to edit the Firefox browser userchrome settings as well.

Attached: 1544435543791.png (989x917, 61K)

Make sure to check that your greasemonkey scripts work. It's not 100% feature complete with the old one.

OP, if your current Greasemonkey scripts don't work, consider switching to ViolentMonkey. It's just as compatible with legacy Greasemonkey. GM themselves broke their API in 4.0 and not many userscripts have been updated for it. If you're just using it for Jow Forums x, then you're fine.

>exhentai easy
who is this fucking noob, Im glad I was able to troll you on /a/ when these threads were still allowed

Once you install ViolentMonkey as said, you can import your GM scripts. Just zip up the contents of your gm_scripts folder from your old profile and import it into ViolentMonkey .

I am somewhat amazed that the very basic process of "delete cookie for the site and log in to e-hentai first" was too technical for people.

This fucking modern world.

>If I update my firefox to the latest version
You'd be better served by simply uninstalling it.

I've updated/imported all the scripts from the old greasymonkey to the newer version. Never updated violentMonkey before, how does it compare to greasymonkey?

There are 3 userscript managers around right now: Greasemonkey, Violentmonkey, and Tampermonkey. GM was updated to 4.0 for the webextension version and broke a lot of compatibility with user scripts in the name of cleaning up the API (though some actively updated scripts have started supporting it). Tampermonkey and Violentmonkey are meant to be more compatible with legacy GM. Violentmonkey is open source, like GM, but Tampermonkey is not. If all of your userscripts work with the current version of GM, great, but there's a chance you may find a compatibility issue at some point.

so violent monkey is basically greasymonkey but with legacy support added in? I'll try importing and exporting the scripts over to violentmonkey from GM

I use waterfox

>Image Search Options
Proprietary (allegedly MPL but source is nowhere to be found) software that asks way too many permissions for what it is.

>Double-click Image Downloader
Thanks, I needed this.

Attached: 1538261122992.jpg (720x960, 76K)

Was tab groups ever ported to the newer FF versions? I used to use the add-on casually but now I'm too deep in tab groups to let it go.

Attached: 1551274139645.jpg (839x57, 11K)

If they don't work just jump to Violentmonkey.

Try this one: addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/panorama-tab-groups/

I think that I'm actually retarded. Sorry for spreading misinformation fa/g/Jow Forumsots.

Attached: autismSatania.jpg (403x433, 30K)

I do. At least there is IE on Windows which supports it.