User, why you still haven't entered the void?

>user, why you still haven't entered the void?
>even brad already did and you're still using.. arch?

Attached: b4b98a83da0cd1ebc13248bcb951a6a3.png (988x1190, 462K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theregister.co.uk/2017/07/28/black_hat_pwnie_awards/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Where did you find that picture of me

oh, no, chad, this is gentoo. i just like the background picture. but void is a good choice, too.

>trusting pony fuckers
W E W
E
W

spend 3 hours a day configuring my daily driver

Guess I just need to git gud

because fedora is flagship up to date distro

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-03-25 19-41-30.png (1600x900, 1.01M)

I don't use it because the mirrors are extremely slow for me. Took almost 5 hours to download the base system. It seems to be a good distro, though.

>you're still using.. arch?
It's called windows 10 and I won't fall for this no game maymay distro with a zombie leader who disappear for months without telling anyone then come back from the dead to push packages updates.

>gnome
>konsole
why

Attached: nani.png (1280x720, 1.38M)

Gigachad, why don't you move to Parabola? It respects your freedom.

>1GB idling
based gnome just lmaoing at ramlets

>gnome
>konsole

Attached: 1553704151275.png (800x729, 62K)

I dont use a distro made by pedo pony fuckers

Attached: 1522618751340.png (670x908, 126K)

The first post is the best post

Not him. But gnome-terminal is a piece of shit
Konsole is the superior terminal emulator.

How so? I think it's alright

Arch is still miles ahead Void when it comes to packages I need, sure void is fine if you just want a shitposting machine, but if you want to actually use the computer then you want packaged software.
And no I'm not going to compile anything, maybe for neets who spend all their time in the gym compiling everything yourself is an option, but for people who actually do anything compiling is a waste of precious time.

Attached: FB_IMG_1553678473434.jpg (960x502, 29K)

I'll switch to it full time if you tell me how to package ungoogled-chromium for xbps locally, Chad. The devs are retards and don't want to.

>Not rolling release like arch
>Not as stable as Debian
What's the point

I've been using void for around a year now. I used to use arch for god knows how long.
I'm switching to opensuse this weekend.

him but gnome terminal doesn't change all the colors in the terminal, konsole does. Try using different color schemes and doing ls, the colors are always the same, some other characters too and it kinda of pisses me off

>not rolling release like arch
>as stable as Debian
ftfy

Why not slackware?

Once you rice it, konsole can look a whole lot better than gnome-terminal. Especially the later versions. Where you can change the opacity and randomize the background for each terminal, giving yourself a nice clean feeling

In all honesty, I haven't used gnome-terminal recently, so I can't say too much about it, in it's current version

who /tv/ here

Attached: 1473951442513.jpg (1499x2048, 1.8M)

>not being a BSD chad

Take a look at Tilix, it's basically what GNOME Terminal should've been.

Install Gentoo, Chad. If a brainlet like me can do it without issue, surely a man of your superior intellect will have no problem comprehending its installation.

Attached: 1553265894805.png (457x695, 363K)

Sorry, Chad...
I think I'll switch to Solus....
Maybe you should give it a try too?

fun fucat: void has more packages than arch if you dont count the amateur and buggy code container know as AUR.
but its fine user, if you like watching your OS being systemDicked in front of you its fine.
cuck.

Look faggot, you're probably what, just over 18? Early 20's? Not even 3rd year post-secondary? Just started to get into distros around the same time you started uni or college?

You have no idea how fucking bad so many distros init systems were prior to systemd. Massive, complicated, buggy piles of steaming shit on every single one. No daemon dependency handling, using triggered udev loops to guess if hardware was available and system updates fucking everything up because there was hardly any ability to configure anything not to mention everything being serialized and just in general a lot of fucking bugs that made them a bitch to deal with.

When there were only a few daemons running, when the kernel didn't load drivers asynchronously, older init systems weren't so bad. But times changed, and those init systems didn't change with them. To take a quote directly from 2brainz, the primary maintainer of Arch's old init system:

>What most systemd critics consider "bloat", I consider necessary complexity to solve a complex problem generically.

Yeah, some sysv init systems have actually solved a decent amount of the problems they had, but not all of them, and not nearly as well as systemd has. Poettering may be a bit of a primadonna, but the guy is really fucking smart and an excellent developer while most Void users probably couldn't hack their way out of a fucking wet paper bag.

Yeah, sure, systemd is taking over a lot of shit, it doesn't strictly adhere to UNIX philosophy; but you know what? I don't give a shit, it's well made and everything it does it does better than other systems. So fuck it, I'll take the systemdick any day of the goddamn week, and I'll do it with a fucking smile.

user, have you compiled a custom kernel yet? It speeds up boot by like, 3%.

This is for you too fuckwit.

Name one (1) problem with runit or s6. Retard

How about the fact it still uses scripts which include startup time and execution time? It's completely unnecessary overhead. Or better yet the fact that it hasn't been touched by the developer in over 4 years?

State your conplains about runit and openrc.
Systemd is obsolete

This 3 stage system heavily relying on scripts, unnecessary overhead and maintenance. Enjoy manually specifying every fucking service dependency. Maybe if you run a machine with 6 services runit might be a good choice, but if you do anything moderately complex with your system it's shit.

Explain a moderately complex system?

It isn't systemd.

Attached: vacuum.jpg (803x803, 64K)

>implying you like systemd
holy shit youre even more retarded than i already thought you were.

Any kind of server, any kind of professional audio workstation, any kind of rendering workstation, any kind of system that requires multiple services with multiple service dependencies.

It's also incredibly stupid to use an init system that is no longer maintained from a security standpoint. Fact is, runit still uses a 3 stage scripting system, which means unnecessary maintenance and overhead, as well as potential problems handling service dependencies, and probably also some slow and retardedly hacky workarounds for finding out when hardware is available.

Bash isn't an init (including sysvinit runnit openrc).

We just didn't know any better because there wasn't anything better. Now that their is, you are acting like a little bitch in a shopping cart screaming and reaching for something that you don't need.

BTW in case you didn't understand the allegory, Lennart is pushing your cart.
He is the one that knows what you need.

fuck off pottering(yes, spelled wrong deal with it), your day will come soon.

Show me your sshd startup script so I can laugh at how stupid you are to use bash as your init.

Problem is they just don't know any better themselves, they install a distro from the command line and think they're "leet hackers". Then, they read a single heavily biased article and without even cross-referencing or trying to form their own opinion take it as the end-all-be-all de facto truth. They think their low package count and "bloat-free" distros are technically superior to everything else without even taking the time to understand how those distros are structured, to understand that there could be major caveats that come with using those distros.

Great argument fagtron you really convinced me with that hot opinion. Enjoy your ancient scripted init system and keep pretending that it is in any way shape or form better than systemd.

atleast my script doesnt plan to take over and become the system.
you cant even rip off apple launchd correctly, fuck off lennart.

>giving PID 1 to lennart poo

lmao no thank you

What's your problem with Poettering?

this is a system without systemd, look how clean it is

Attached: 1524316048963.png (1440x1938, 494K)

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-03-28 at 1.18.40 PM.png (1662x1408, 1.25M)

idk, something broken in my head and caused me to hate him, but i wont fix and pretend its working like intended.

theregister.co.uk/2017/07/28/black_hat_pwnie_awards/

>take over and become the system
The intention isn't and was never to "take over the system", the developers are just solving problems Linux systems have had since their inception. And guess what, there are a lot of problems, a lot of improvements to be made. And the developers are fixing those problems, they're making those improvements, restructuring from the ground up to provide stable, more efficient and elegant solutions than what we were using previously. It's no surpise how wide sweeping systemd has become given just how much shit the devs have fixed and improved upon, pissing all over them and acting like they have some sort of evil intention to "take over your system" is incredibly ignorant and childish. systemd is a boon for the entire Linux community, and will be for years to come, because the developers truly care about systemd, they care about Linux.

Big fucking whoop, it's about CVEs, who gives a shit.

based

>70336216
systemd is a fucking cancer that introduced only loads of poor quality code and security holes as a consequence and giving not a single good thing in exchange.

yeah, wont fix, work as intend right? lets put this shit on servers worldwide right?

>poor quality code
No, have you even looked at the source?
>security holes
Read the issues. And don't fucking imply that older init systems aren't a mess of insecurities as well.
Are you retarded? Read the issues moron.

It's about CVE number assignments, not "wontfix" dumbass.

It seems that my suspicions about you being absolutely braindead are true then.
1. Execution time of those scripts is lower compared to systemd, which implies less overhead
2. The fact that it hasn't had any updates in years doesn't mean anything. In fact, it's development is complete.
Now get the fuck off my board

>no longer maintained from a security standpoint
This post glows in the dark. You can stop trying at this point.

This was a fucking trippy movie.

>Execution time of those scripts is lower compared to systemd
No, just no., you are clearly retarded if you think scripts that have startup and execution time are faster, literally a braindead monkey who does not even understand the basics of programming.

>development is complete
>but other init systems that are similar to it are still being maintained and still implementing security patches
L M A O
M
A
O

I bet your script can't even restart sshd. (properly)

lmfao

You see where I am going with this?

>Grabs cart and starts pushing.

The only braindead monkey here is you

>startup and execution time are faster
You mean logging right?

HURRRRRRRRR

hi i'm 0chad
>systemd: hi, take a root shell

Great argument fagtron you really convinced me with that hot opinion.
No, I mean script startup and execution time. Scripted init systems are retarded for many reasons.

>Why you still haven't
Stopped reading right there due to sudden onset aneurysm

Attached: 1553353407267.jpg (1242x1182, 132K)

Hi dumbass who completely ignored standard usernames and forced a bad name through useradd. Explain to me again how an attacker can exploit this bug if a system admin is not retarded? Oh wait, they can't.

right, work as intended then.

>fbuihuu pushed a commit to fbuihuu/systemd that referenced this issue on Nov 29, 2017
>@keszybz
>core/load-fragment: refuse units with errors in certain directives
Fixed
Read the issues retard.

>want to visit forum
>end up on reddit
>mfw

Attached: image.jpg (1280x720, 172K)

FUCK OFF
U
C
K

O
F
F

>fixed 2 years ago
Wow ive seen so many people bring this up but its literally a non-problem. Just goes to ahow that most of Jow Forums is too retarded to look at a github issue and scroll down, sad.

> Gotta use pictures I masturbate to, start the thread
Just shill on using GNU/Linux, not a particular one.
> inb4 Gahnoo/loonicz
Keep mocking the reason you can choose