>we will see if Jow Forums is just larpers

What os do you run?

Review it.

Attached: 1553700285751.png (420x420, 9K)

ganoo and linucks it runs spee edy

Fedora
Good community
Very good suport by redhat
.rpm > .deb
GNOME on Fedora is comfy
Just werks

xubuntu 17.04 or something
breddy gud for doing webshit and watching star trek

I admit i have a windows parition to play age of empire on.

This and Debian stable for servers

Attached: 1553746109992.jpg (1024x652, 103K)

It simply works.

Attached: 1.png (1920x1080, 205K)

Ubuntu
Just werks
Fast on my 11 year old thinkpad
Easy to use, rarely have issues

linux mint xfce.
'nuff said.

Archlinux
Always up to date software. AUR has packages for everything.

Windows 8.1
>good compromise between 7 and 10
>full screen start menu did nothing wrong
>receive "based 8.1 poster" from anons

Based 8.1 poster

Linux Mint 19.1

Great OS, best I've used. Runs software and some games, also has many features for me to take advantage of. Great logo, nice website, easy install. VLC occasionally freezes the system apart from the mouse but I don't mind.

10 out of 10 points!

THIS USER IS A TRUSTED REVIEWER
13056 PRODUCTS REVIEWED SINCE 26.3.2006

Attached: serveimage.jpg (1918x1079, 190K)

Windows 10 because it's a great os you tards.

>What os do you run?
Arch
>Review it
Pretty good community, excellent wiki. I actually love using it. Never had any problems with xorg. Been running stable on my Thinkpad since mid 2016 and on my primary workstation since 2017(switched from openSUSE).
I only use i3 and it's quite rare for me to play games, but thanks to proton from valve it's a pretty decent experience.
Not sure why everyone hates on this OS all the time. If you get problems that turns it unusable maybe you should check yourself.

Windows 10.
Shit is slow, bloated, ugly but it benefits from software support

KDE Neon
Its a great combination of LTS Ubuntu - the most supported and documented linux distro and tge latest plasma de which looks gorgeos and is a pure joy to use.

Too bad software support is abysmal and wine "golden" rated apps crash every 5 minutes while failing to autosave your work.

My hobbies are mistly creative, and while Krita is unironically good for digital art i dont feel like Blender is gonna catch up to Zbrush any time soon.

Wine just doesn't work unfortunately.

op here windows 10 only for games though.

Windows 10 LTSC
It just werks and doesn't reboot to update while I'm doing important shit.

>good compromise between 7 and 10
No. The only real good compromise between 7 and JUST 10 is LTSC. The only thing I miss about 8.1 is about 300MB less RAM usage from the start, nothing more. LTSC (17763.316 specifically) is better in every other way.

OS X Mojave
iOS
they just work

10 LTSC

Windows 10 always wins baby.

arch
great wiki
shit forum help
not as much guides as Ubuntu/Debian, but second
easy install, easy finding updated packages, never breaks.

lubuntu. does everything i want it to do, uses little resources. 7/10 bretty good

I'm currently running The Most Blessed Gentoo, sans systemd
>Before that I (briefly) used Void
>Before that I (briefly) used OpenBSD
>Before that I used Arch
>Before that I used CentOS
>Before that I used Fedora
>Before that I used Debian
>Before that I used Ubuntu (ft. Amazon)
>Before that I used Windows 7

Attached: 1553447431756.png (2359x1749, 1.27M)

Win 10 pro skip ahead build
It werks
I honestly don't care that much anymore, after decades using loonix, and even Gentoo for 6 years straight. The desktop identity crisis of the last 10 years didn't help. I would go with Kde neon if I had to use Linux
The OS is not that important anymore
1 I use GeForce Now for my Vidya
2 Browser is everything, so whatever is running in the background is not that important
3 I use a cloud service for absolutely everything in terms of data. In particular a mixture of services depending on the specifics
3a Google play music "locker"
3b Google books "locker"
3c OneDrive for the measly 15gigs of docs I can't lose
3d Google photos using unlimited storage and auto sync from phone
I don't store movies anymore, nor I watch any so there's that
All the Vidya in their respective services: steam, Uplay,origin,gog and epic

Attached: Screenshot_20190325-113908.png (1430x1029, 631K)

>wangblows 10 enterprise
Run MUH GAMES well enough to tolerate it.
>Debian stable on VPS
Great server OS. Trusted, secure, no bullshut. I need not to introduce Debian for anyone on Jow Forums, one of the brands that speaks for itself.
>Devuan testing on secondary desktop
Debian without systemd. Nothing more, a bit less. All what I love and use in Debian without running systemd-cockd --target=/dev/self/ass 24/7
>Gentoo on laptop
Up to date GNU/Linux, tailored to MY needs and my computer. Feels Jow Forumsood man.

>runs fast on my pc latest build is decent
>basically the same except ui is dated no dark mode and eol next year
Color os3 Android 7
>ui Is a cluster fuck apple esqe design but it looks and runs nice decent support despite using ancient phone

Based & redpilled

I use debian, it's way more stable than ubuntu in my experience and doesn't come with as much bloatware.

Dual boot Win 7 and Arch.
Win7:
I use it because it's the last good windows. I use it for gayming (inb4 manchild) and shit that doesn't exist on linux.
Arch:
I fell for the Arch+i3 meme (Luke Smith might have played a role in it), but I'm pleased with it. Arch has really good info on it online with the wiki and forums. Pacman (also AUR and makepkg) are way better than .rpm as I knew it from Mageia. It also runs fast as fuck.

Artix
No systemd
Just werks
Great repos
System only has what I want

>arch with GNOME on all of my devices
I've tried many distributions in the past but I always end up coming back to Arch. Mostly because of two factors: ease of package management and freshest packages. Ubuntu has many overcomplicated packaging solutions that conflict with each other, for example you HAVE TO use Snap to install the Chromium package. Arch has only two (maybe three) packaging channels: main repos, AUR (and tarballs sometimes). Packages are up-to-date and are becoming increasingly stable, as Arch's development team now focuses more on stability than they were previously.
GNOME has become a robust graphical environment over the years. I have an NVidia GPU and it lagged on proprietary drivers. Recently I've tried 3.32 and couldn't be happier. Performance issues were fixed, the entire DE is keyboard-driven and looks slick. It is of course bloated but my computers can handle its resource consumption.

xubuntu because debian is a meme

Gentoo on desktop
Void on laptop
Slack on rpi

Antergos Linux with xfce
>Lightweight
>Looks good if you are aiming for win 7-like aesthetic
>Retarded easy to install
>AUR
>I've been using it for two years on my current pc never had any problems with anything

Overall I consider it as good starting point. Recently I've started removing some bloat (moved to wpa_cli for internet, removed pulseaudio) outside of it I was mostly using it as normie user.
I've done some gayming — mostly roguelikes, gzdoom and steam + proton (although almost all of my games are working native).

>os
debian testing without systemd
>init system
sysvinit
>browser
firefox-esr
>voice chat app
mumble
>text editor
neovim

Debian Stable
One of the oldest linx distros, huge community, huge amount of documentation.
It just works and with little more than 1000-1300 packages I can do whatever I want and not use a bloated distro based on it with 2000 packages by default that isn't as stable.
Most stable distro there is in my experience, never fear a single day that anything will break because only security updates occur.
Perfect for servers and hosting anything that needs stability

based

>frog/wojak posters are always shitposters

Legit.

Ubuntu
Just werks.™

windows 10 and ubuntu 18.10

Windows for gaymen, directX, total Commander winrar for the memes. And Arch on my Laptop because: meme, easy and comfy not lige Gentoo, costumizable like Gentoo, and i dont want to be dick hopping.

But void seems good to and no aur crap or systemd.

>Post...
Why? One valid reason.

>there not using what I use, reeee
Have a snack.

Windows 10
I absolutely hate it.

Hardened Gentoo w/ SELinux.

It works great, it does what I need. And the coolest thing about it is that I can choose which packages use stable releases and which ones use new releases.

The only complain that I have is compilation time, other than that, it's the perfect distro.

faggot

#MeToo
Let's hatefuck each other

>What OS do you run?
TemplOS, it's godly.

Attached: templos.png (650x490, 20K)

Fedora
>surprisingly comfy
>most of the stuff works out of the box
>gnome is fine although it's stupid not to have a minimize button by default
>one thing that bugs me is this stupid @system.solv in my root folder

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-03-28 15-37-56.png (810x521, 32K)

Windows 10.
I like it, because it requires no configuration on my part - all the devices work automatically, even when I switch the drive between computers.

Additional bonus is being able to run decades old Windows programs without breaking backwards compatibility - something I need and use often.

Calculate Linux.
It's gentoo for noobs.
Whilr being the less retarded os i've used in quite some time.
But im not running it rn cuz games

Arch
Community is legit full of larpers who think theyre special because they can partition their drives in the command line.
Applications that I use rarely break.
Pacman is bad for multiarch support, generally fine if you RTFM and use the proper switches to uninstall programs.
Logo looks nice, never have problems with systemd unlike init. Devs have a good philosophy, community philosophy is bullshit. Overall 7/10, probably switching to Manjaro soon because im looking for something more stable now that im using my desktop for professional content creation.

Mojave
it's alright, but every release since Mavericks hasn't felt as stable

Attached: serveimage.png (2135x1200, 2.55M)

Arch
AUR is pretty damn comfy, I can find any software I need.
I like how customisable it is.
Had packages break on it though, which is a ballache to fit.
Got cool points in my local Linux User Group

FreeBSD
The Ports system is almost as good as Arch's AUR, missing some proprietary stuff my Uni makes us use.
Great support.
I like how if a user package breaks it's much easier to clean up compared to arch (User installed programs in a separate directory from System applications)
Shit driver support and requires a lot of tweaking to get Linux-esque performance out of.

Windows 10
I just use it for gaming and VR.
It does the job, but I wouldn't trust it with real work.

Linux 9.0 ;^)

Ubuntu (currently trying KDE on desktop)
Ubuntu Xfce on ThinkPad.
Widely supported, stable, works out of the box for the most part.
I'll probably install windows In a vm or dual boot when halo Mc collection drops

Windows 10 pro.
It's good enough, performances aside, Windows 7 was the perfectly balanced OS, good design, good functionality, very intuitive
Windows 10 is still a hot mess, trying to merge windows 7 and 8, but at lest it's usable.
And well, since windows is a must have for gaming, I'm not going to switch to linux.
Despites its many many flaws I like it, it's simple, plug n play, and there is a lot of great software. I just wish we could alter windows' themes more.

7/10

Also if I were to switch to linux, I'd probably use Arch, since it's highly configurable, and quite easy to customize compared to fucking gentoo for exemple.

OSX
The only reason to run OSX is if you're a studio musician who has to deal with a lot of different hardware. Also, weird example but using printers and scanners is easier on OSX. Other than that, it's a very comfy OS to me personally, and I enjoy the feel of Macbooks (got a 2017 MBP without the emoji bar), but honestly if I had the money again I'd likely just go for a decent Windows laptop (if I could find one with a touchpad as good as the MBP one).
All versions of Linux I tried were absolutely unusable in actual day-to-day life, but pretty fun to fuck around with. Got a x220 with Tails on it and it's pretty fun to mess around with it, but not actually useful for any productivity purposes. Maybe it would be if I was into programming and shit.

Windows 10 S and it works JUST GREAT :^)

hope that satisfies you mr dataminer man

Gentoo. People will tell you that the performance boost or saved disk space from compiling shit yourself is what makes shit worth it, and while it may be a plus i dont think its enough of a difference to make it worth using over pther distros. What really gives gentoo its edge is fucking portage and openrc. Being able to customize USE flags so easily is such a useful tool with portage. And openrc is such a simple tool to use that Ive had a much easier time with it than systemd.
Compiling your own kernel is also a nifty thing to do, as this WILL save you disk space since you arent using a general-use one most binary distros have. And installing it yourself, along with the rest of the system, makes it easier to know whats on your machine.
Last but not least, because you compile everything yourself you (usually) dont have any weird preconfigured settings, or non-standard locations of files which is something ive occasionally noticed with other distros. This might not be a plus for everyone, some people probably like shit preconfigured, but its annoying to be reading official documentation that doesnt match what was installed with your package manager.

Really the only negatives are the amount of time it takes to install packages and the level of skill necessarry to install the os itself, but I think most people exaggerate those both for the most part. I think anyone on Jow Forums could install gentoo, and for those who are afraid it will take time away from work to set up or whatever I personally use it on my personal amd work computer, though I work in IT so take that as you will. Overall a 10/10 distro, would reccomend.

Mojave,

Just works. UNIX with 3rd party apps like adobe. Mainly used for production and devops work (ssh via iterm2)

Frens what is the comfiest distro and DE available?

Attached: 1546829933924.png (580x490, 229K)

I'm not a dataminer just interested

Attached: tmpnull.png (318x272, 88K)

Windows 8.1

It works.

Debian Sid
Fantastic hardware support
Minimal
Hard to break
APT is simple and well packaged
Good documentation

Windows 8.1
it's all right, after installing Open Shell it mostly works like 7

GNU/KDE/Arch/Linux
>fresh packages
>AUR is a godsend, I can install any package imaginable with a one-liner
>contrary to a popular meme doesn't really break itself unless you use AUR packages maintained by retards
>KDE looks nice, is incredibly customizable and fairly lightweight for what it is
pretty comfy with it

Used to use debian on everything. Ran BSD on my NAS. A while back I realized that since I'm running a RAID10 anyway I might as well just use btrfs. So migrated the NAS to debian as well

But recently I switch my desktop to void and I quite like it. Kind of like what Arch wants to be, but without all the autofellatio. Runit is extremely simple and comfy and modular and it makes me happy. XBPS is a zippy package manager with a convenient build system. Plus, the individual XBPS utilities are all separate programs which keeps things slim and encapsulated. It's basically the good parts of APT with none of the garbage. The manual install also gives you an extremely minimal base installation, which is really nice.

Not much in the way of documentation outside the base installation, so it does require some actual linux knowledge if you want something other than one of the base GUI installations, but from my experience so far the folks on IRC are helpful. Seems like they just want to make an OS they like to use. No appeal to some broader market, but also no seekrit club elitism. Just classic, comfy ganoo loonix hacking. Really feels like the distro I've been looking for for quite a long time. Next project is probably going to be setting up a local XBPS mirror on my LAN for funsies.

Attached: 1552523380657.gif (444x250, 3.04M)

For Desktop, Windows 10 LTSC
>Gaymes
>Tools I use not available in Linux
>It's basically modern windows 7 given it doesn't have all the shill bloat from 10
>It's mostly for cozy stuff and vidya so it's good enough for what I use it.

For work laptop, Xubuntu 18 w/ W10 LTSC dual boot
>Battery life is yuge
>user friendliness / support of ubuntu without most of the canonical bloat
>Way comfier to dev certain stuff in than in W10

Just werks

Attached: 2019-03-28-164326_718x367_scrot.png (718x367, 71K)

MUSL Void Linux

It's fast and lean. Base system with X and i3 runs in around 50mb. For reference, a single youtube page in firefox increases that to 800mb.

Manjaro KDE

I use manjaro.
+stable updates for the most part.
+AUR
+rolling release
+well supported these days
+dont have to worry about archfags

-updates aren't perfect, still has fuck ups
-some of the manjaro utils could use some polish
-lot of bloat unless you use the net installer, and even then.
-no openRC flavor anymore which sucks. I used artix but I don't think it's quite there yet.
-everyone on Jow Forums assumes you're retarded because you didn't type some commands in a terminal like a cool hacker

Attached: 1513574513474.png (498x717, 453K)

>Antergos
me too, but with i3. No huge problems so far, but as op said, there's a large number of random bloat packages.

Void Linux.
Pretty much has all advantages of OpenBSD + ability to run Linux programs. Also, sndiod is love.

Disadvantage is its low amount of package, but it's enough for me, I guess.

God bless this pasta

sndio is based but can u go oveer the differeence betweeen void and opeenbsd?

Pajeet 10 and Opera.
Yikes

Attached: yikesss.jpg (600x799, 42K)

I run Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
I recently hopped over from Manjaro (fell for the meme) and it’s nice and cozy. Just a few tweaks within Firefox and some relatively easy security checks, and I’m in the clear.
I enjoy the way gnome sets things up, as to me it has a more organic feel. However, I do have to say that the default theme, especially the taskbars, don’t have quite the right feel to them for me (Icon flatfag)

i personally use kubuntu because I like the way KDE feels. But lubuntu is just as cozy

debian 9.8
its stable.

Manjaro.
AUR
new packages and stability (haven't personally experienced any update to break the system since install, 2 months ago.)
Easy install

Wangblows 8.1.
Slow, bloated and buggy, but it werks on my machine.

on this specific computer, Lubuntu
>good for small computers, or older computers, this one only has 28.9gb and OS takes up 5.8gb, gets the job done and good for beginners to linux, people who want to challenge themselves with both a small computer and a small OS, and for people who want to develop linux programs
>downsides are mostly due to my own incompetence with using any kind of linux, other than that, as my brother puts it, there's not fruity loops on it, so it will eventually be reverted back to windows 10 with 5gb of space on it with no other files besides windows and a usb and SD card sticking in it.
300$ dual boot laptop
>windows 10, I only have this because of fruity loops and because I have too many files on my windows partition, 500gb with around 200gb free, 350gb dedicated to the other OS, don't enjoy using it, thus laptop is often left at brothers house
>fedora, was able to use it for a few months before screen broke and no longer to see what I am doing in launch screen, but based on the few months of use, it's very nice, easy to use "just werks", decently easy to customize, good for whatever work you want to do from art to programming and almost everything in between
and finally, my chromebook
>chrome OS, I am required to use this as according to my school district, I have had this laptop since I was just exiting middle school, I am now in 12th grade (18 years old), I have tried many times to put another OS on this but it is simply blocked from accessing developer mode/root access. many many times, nearly every day, this computer is a source of my anger. Most likely though, many of my problems may or may not be solved if there were no "school settings", many many things are blocked, just so you know how ridiculous this is, a japanese learning add on for chrome is blocked, why? I don't know. other than things being blocked, I find myself often missing things I would consider essential to a computer. chrome OS is a glorified browser

Arch
+AUR
+muh bleeding edge packages
+pacman
+Great wiki
+Doesn't have a bunch of preinstalled unnecessary shit
-systemdicks
-mom had to cancel my meetings a few times (hasn't happened in a while though)
-meme distro status & archfags.
-packages come with every feature enabled

Gentoo
+Control over your system
+It's fun
+muh 2% performance boost.
+OpenRC
+Good meme distro
-portage is a slow piece of shit
-installation takes a while (but is a one time thing)
-compilation takes time (can easily be fixed with distcc)

Debian stable
+It's stable
-outdated packages

btw, for lubuntu, here is my average stats
>CPU usage: high average: 20% low average:4%
>ram usage: 634mb, 16%
>temperature: ~43 deg C

>Xubuntu 18.04 LTS
-just werks
-default look is nice
-bloated, but at least most things i need are already preinstalled
>Void GNU/Linux
-fast
-feels like Arch without bullshit
-straightforward
-lightweight
>Windows 10 Pro
-botnet
-bluescreens semi-frequently (one week after a fresh install)
-have to force updates off with gpedit
-takes more time to boot than Xubuntu on the same system

MacOS. Just works. I’m an iOS dev.

Solus

Son, let me give you some advice.
Do not ever give a single fuck about what most of Jow Forums thinks, very few people who browse this board have the technical understanding to form any well based opinion about anything GNU/Linux or programming related. Manjaro is a good distro and the maintainers are very passionate about it, stick with it, the updates will break less and less over time (personally never had any issues).

Nixos
Pros
>entire system is defined in a single config or set of config files, making it easy to maintain.
>Can install multiple versions of a package for compatability
>decently sized and decently maintained repos
>automatically backsup system configurations meaning its easy to fix if you break something
cons
>very little documentation
>nix language is confusing to me
>you basically need to relearn how to do everything
>systemd

Attached: nixos-logo-only-hires.png (1183x1024, 88K)

>age of empires
hell yeah! best game of my childhood

i would use fedora if it didn't have weird sound skipping glitches.

windows 10 on a mac because macs have superior hardware than pcs and i need windows 10 because i need games

windows 7

Attached: Bill-Gates-Evil.jpg (379x335, 20K)

GUIXSD
Pros:
>all of the pros of nixos
>none of the cons of nixos
Cons:
>only free software available

void linux
cool name, faster than arch in just about anything
systemdicks not found so it doesn't hang on poweroff
xbps is cute!!! it even shows the total disk space
the community is small but very helpful

Gentoo Linux
I love it, it's probably the most interesting (and only unique) GNU/Linux distro these days.
Being able to compile everything with specific USE flags and cut out bloat support for features you won't use (bluetooth, systemd, as an example for what I don't use) actually does speed up program launch and runtime by a measurable amount on older computers. On new computers, not so much
I like being able to install each component myself. This distro is about choices. I don't have to accept whatever was installed by default. There really aren't any defaults, other than what will be installed when you select a system base, and even then you will see what's about to be installed.

My only complaints are that I have run into some obscure error messages in the past while trying to install something, like the package requiring an unnamed CPU flag or something, and a slight lack of software available for Gentoo (including official and unofficial ports.)

>debian stable has old packages
>ubuntu is based on debian stable, has even older packages
>linux mint is based on ubuntu, packages are older than some wintards