Note taking

What apps do you use with your tablet to aid you in studying?
Currently I'm using Pen&PDF, but I'd like something that allow creating different notes, and adding screenshots to it, like OneNote but more FOSS.

Attached: dims?crop=1400%2C933%2C0%2C0&quality=85&format=jpg&resize=1600%2C1066&image_uri=http (1600x1066, 216K)

Its called White A4 Notebook, its ethical source

It seems counter productive, to use paper when all the study materials are digital.

It is very versitile, uses near to no processing power or battery. Probably more convenient as well

Yeah, so does a blank page in Pen&PDF.
>worrying about battery in 2019

>having to tab between your study materials and note page to take notes
Uh huh

There's an application called Lastappswitcher that allow you to switch with a single tap.
also taking note would sometimes require me to re-draw an entire digram, that could be saved as a screenshot.
I guess things would be different for CS/IT, but for bio/chem this is the most efficient way to study than using pen and paper.
Simple Draw app is good for drawing ans saving as .svg

Meh that sounds like a way of overcomplicating things
Switching apps sounds really hecking annoying desu, even if its 1 tap.
You're gonna need to know the diagrams anyway won't you? Wouldn't drawing them by hand at least once help your memory?

>drawing them
That's a simple digram.

Attached: ml309f1.jpg (800x620, 66K)

Ye my senpai, write that down itll help you memorize it

Most be fun being a NEET.

>Pen&PDF
Based lagdroid poster.

CS student*
Writing things down helps with study

>Writing things down helps with study
I understand what you mean, I used to do that when I was in med school.
But after getting into surgical residency, I'm getting what OP is about, digital notes are easier, faster, and can be more comprehensive.
E.g. copying an image from an anatomy atlas, is much better that drawing it myself.
That way I can add selfnotes not in the text books, make pitfalls warning and such, paste in some digrams and tables.
And even MCQs or EMQs.
And actually save money on paper.

Attached: medical-surgeon-medical_text-doctor-library-medical_book-jnan3688_low.jpg (400x508, 65K)

This is my notes from the first half of the first year.

Attached: 1st.jpg (1936x2592, 978K)

OneNote, because it's bundled with my tablet.

Attached: Sketch (137).png (1728x1080, 206K)

onenote is perfect, I was looking for something that's FOSS though.

woah, that's racist

Nice notes senpai, thiccy

You can assign a last program or the alt+tab to the side button radial menu in Wacom pens

That's indeed very nice, but no undo or copy/paste is a deal breaker for me

No it isn't, you have several fucking printed books in there.

The undo is called the eraser

And heavy.
Carrying the anatomy books, made me build up muscles.
Now most books I have is in PDF format.

>several fucking printed books
And?

Those are not notes

They're not your notes. You may use them for reference but you didn't write them

Those are printed notes.

So you wrote and published those books?

>can't switch eraser size
>can't undo or delete single strokes
>leaves residue and wears out paper AND the eraser itself
>want to undelete something? gotta redraw it

Na

The one in the comb binders?
Yes.
It's not printed from digital sources, it's xerox'd notes by copying transparent paper with notes over pages with digram or figures.

I think breaking it down into smaller parts with Anki flashcards might be the best approach.

So basically 3 cards per reaction, one asking for the substrates, one for the products and one for the enzyme.

I never found anki to be useful, maybe in highschool.
But once you are in college it's not helpful.
Even worse for post graduates.

Any decent chink Windows tablets that works with an active stylus?

Thinkpad x220t

I already have a t460s. I don't need another complete laptop

This. I never got into taking notes digitally. It just seems less ‘real’ if I type it in.

Thinkpad Helix 2
Toshiba Portege Z20
Dell Venue 11 Pro 7000

They're all fanless and relatively cheap

I'd recommend the docks even if you already got a full size laptop, just for the secondary battery and added sturdiness.

There really isn't anything that's FOSS and comes close. Trust me, I checked the other day

Xodo docs maybe? I own a Surface Pro 6 myself and didn't like OneNote

This

I'm actually really disappointed. I wouldn't think something like this would be beyond the FOSS community but I guess not.

Blackberry KeyOne with Blackberry Notes and BB Notable.
I gave up with pen and paper when the pens I buy keep exploding in my bag.

Because honestly... the FOSS community is very much stuck in quite a monolithic one might say "thinkpad" centric mindset. One big brick to do everything for me. Most FOSS groups that have their shit together are corporate and tend to make their money via support, cloud services, etc.

And maybe that's where an opportunity lays, a roll-your-own cloud synced notation tool with enterprise support contracts.

Ipad with notability. Goodnotes is also nice. 6th gen ipad is only 250, worth it imo
I tried windows (surface) for notetaking but onenote is your only choice and it felt extremely limited in customization. Endless canvas was neat for brainstorming but thats about it

I feel you OP.
I have galaxy Note 10, while it's showing it's age, it's still great to take notes with.
I use Simple Draw and Google docs to take notes with it.

Are there any iOS note apps that let me sync with a PC? It'd be a huge killer feature for me being able to annotate or review notes on my desktop.

OneNote

I study physics, and buying a tablet is my way of saving the rainforest.
One note is good for taking notes, but "printing" the notes to PDF is an absolute pain, and requires me to "share" the document with myself through the phone app to pdf, because that kind of functionality literally does not fucking exist in the desktop version of the program.

With notability for example you can sync your notes to any platform like onedrive but i believe if you were to annotate them on your pc it wouldnt save the changes to the app. They have a mac app so those changes would sync, but no pc app
Onenote should allow what you want since they have a pc version