Which one should I go develop apps for?

which one should I go develop apps for?

Attached: ios-vs-android-users.jpg (1600x800, 54K)

iOS if you want to get paid quickly (iOS users are more likely to pay for apps).
Android if you’re willing to wait and hope people like your app enough to buy it or click ads.

Just remember there are things like LuckyPatcher on Android that crack apps and remove ads etc.

Android, it's slightly more free(tm)

Writing Android apps is a massive pain and the ass, would not recommend

If you use flutter it's easy and targets both Android and iOS

in my experience, making iOS Apps is MUCH MUCH worse.
Swift versions changing regularly, getting deprecated and finally unsupported, forcing you to frequently rewrite large parts of your app.
Sure you could work with the abomination that is ObjectiveC, if you like pain.
The huge hassle with Signing certificates, provisioning profiles for development and distribution. With Android, you make a keystore, sign your app with one short command, zipalign your app with one short command and it's ready to deploy. Apple shit takes AGES.
XCode doesn't tell you when some resources (e.g. the AppStore Icon is missing), making you sign and upload your app (which takes ages thanks to Apples shitty ass servers) only for Apple to tell you after half an hour when you're on your way home, that something is missing and you have to rebuild your app (also not using the same App version, since you already used that in the previous failed attempt).
XCode is also by far the worst IDE I've ever used. It's slow, clunky, buggy, has a bad UI, doesn't really help you develop, and it's not configurable enough (highlighting other occurrances of variables only with underlining which isn't very visible).
Did I mention that whenever you update your dev-iPhone, you also have to update XCode because otherwise you can't debug anymore? XCode updates take a few hours, mine crashed yesterday when "installing additional required components". It never finished that. With android studio you can easily develop with any old android you have lying around. Got a new OS version? You don't need to update Android Studio, but if you do, at least you can still use your old code. Fuck iOS, Fuck Apple and their broken ass buildchain. Go with Android if you don't want to constantly contemplate suicide

>Swift versions changing regularly, getting deprecated and finally unsupported
>whenever you update your dev-iPhone, you also have to update XCode because otherwise you can't debug anymore
LMAO. icucks forever BTFO. Literally nothing like that in Android. SDKs are supported for a long time.

Do both with flutter. It's new and lil bit bugged, but very powerful.

Attached: 44475053_2249055815164680_6217422605041795072_n.jpg (960x480, 46K)

Nice pasta.
You’ve been posting this for like a year now. When will you stop?
Stop replying to yourself.

>writing mobile apps

Lmao

I just typed that thing out you argumentless iFag

Neither. Learn how to make a webapp. The only android/ios you need to know is how to start a fullscreen webview.

this
but with ProgressiveWebApps(PWA) you can just have a website be installable as if it was a real app, offline usable and capable of being a share target (like you can share with a messenger or facebook or whatever the kids use these days)

Why can't Android devs engineer a conversion tool to convert apps written with the Android framework to run on iOS?

same reason Java isn't used for video games

Because iOS development already is a clusterfuck even if you write directly for it

and why would that be

jvm limitations

both tard

both

Attached: React.js_logo-512.png (512x512, 23K)

So I only need to know javascript then

Android has a much larger install base. From a purely practical standpoint go Android.

Both.

this fucking thing is pretty cancer to work with btw

I heard the performance was garbage as well

True
And true

But if you are not doing anything crazy or complex it's fine. Just try some of the apps made with it to get the idea of it's limitations.

What's the catch? Looks too good to be true

It follows that React "layout and logic in the same place" meme, pretty awful to write

So it's apples fault. Either way you can practically build standalone binaries for every platform with Java now.

Just write a single-page web app. I doubt Jow Forums cucks are writing anything that would require native performance or features.

>just do web apps lol
kys, mobile is already shit enough performance wise

Web apps just work, deal with it.

>download pizzahut app 5 years ago
>it's just a front end for their website ordering system
>make order and pay at store
>still works 5 years later with no changes

>download mcdonalds app 5 years ago
>slow laggy "native" trash
>entering or backing out of any selection takes 10 seconds of reloading
>constant updates changing the layout completely
>can't even remember your favorite location and forces you to enable gps every use
>lucky if it doesnt send your order to the wrong location and still charge you

Writing native Android is unironically 10x easier. And you don't need to pay for hosting.

You don't need to host the app retard.... You don't have to pay to view a local html file in a browser

No, it isn't. 10-100x less code, no code signing, no paying for a dev account, no having to register in Dun & Bradstreet for 'verification', etc etc.. And hosting is pennies per day.

depends on if you are gay or straight

i'm bi, what now

If you choose the web app route, you may consider TypeScript.

Modern JS is usable for writing simple apps, but for anything more I heavily suggest using TypeScript + VSCode.

flutter

>flutter
>Flutter is not a language, rather an SDK just like Android SDK. For android development Java/Kotlin are the programming languages, for cross-platform development using flutter, DART is the official programming language.
What the fuck is DART? Yes I am an out of touch brainlet

Attached: 1553564843303.png (1014x720, 915K)

Just write C/C++ code and then inject it into your app.

Oh look it's this completely false copypasta again. Do you have a life?

This, but unironically.
Also, use Qt for the gui.

iOS if you actually want to get paid

this isn't a pasta dude, I just wrote it then, and it literally happened to me 2 days ago when XCode got updated to 10.2