/spg/ - Smartphone General

*Pops Up* OwO What's This? Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: oppo_reno.jpg (1924x1836, 361K)

Other urls found in this thread:

androidpolice.com/2019/03/28/with-the-moto-g7-lenovo-finally-killed-the-g-series-magic/
ebay.com/itm/Neuvo-Samsung-Galaxy-S10e-SM-G9700-5-8-16MP-128GB-6GB-RAM-Negro-Telefonia-Gift/233156925677
reddit.com/r/Xiaomi/wiki/index
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=zanini.andrea.notchtest
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What are some essential things to do on my Samsung S9?
>inb4 put it in your bum-bum
none of that, shall we?

I really want to know who is making these fucking retarded design choices on phones
>Pop up cameras completely gimps face unlock and depreciates phones longevity with motorized piece or liability towards dust/dirt with slider
>In-screen fingerprint scanner completely removes fingerprint gestures, take long, make you shift your hand, and smudge up your screen before use
>Removing headphone jack forces dongle management for listening to content while charging
Seriously all the new designs trying to do the stupid "bezeless meme" are making phones worse.

Attached: hug man.jpg (500x500, 62K)

Who else /XZ1Compact/ here

Attached: Comfy_guy.jpg (600x579, 42K)

There's nothing wrong with pop up cameras.

>gimps face unlock
face unlock is fucking trash and no one should ever use it.
Pop-up mechanism won't wear out because only teenage girls use front facing cameras.
>removes fingerprint gestures
literally no one uses this, they're pointless.
that being said, considering the entire rear of a phone is empty the classic circular fingerprint reader really should be present there.
>>Removing headphone jack forces dongle management for listening to content while charging
and it removes the convenience of being able just use some cheap earbuds if you run out of charge with your BT ones, or maybe your BT ones die and you need to use something in the interim.

Any phone out there that won't suspend apps every time I switch to a new one at 60% battery.

NewPipe for Youtube
One Hand Operation+ for gesture nav
NetGuard for adblocking
GCam if you're on Snapdragon
GoodLock

Galaxy S8 Active
>phone has a good amount of weight
>flat display
>4000mah
>sturdy enough to be /out/
>headphone jack
>microsd capable
>not super bloated compared to my last phone (sprint)
>peak aesthetics: good amount of bezels without any gross notches or holes

Attached: 61Aj4FFSO3L.jpg (500x484, 66K)

Face Unlock is useful for quick access or when the phone is laying down
>fingerprint gestures are literally no one uses this, they're pointless.
Being able to scroll with them, pull down the notification and settings bar, and set up apps with tab and double tap are super fucking useful. Fuck off if you haven't utilized them. I'd take it a step further and make the rear mounted fingerprint scanner a button like on the v30 and let it have 3 remappable functions as a core function of all future phones.

at this point why don't we just have trackballs on the back of our phones?

Reminder that mid rangers are fucking trash. Get a discounted/used flagship instead. Not only will it have better hardware, you'll also get better software support. Not to mention better availability for spare parts and accessories. Go low end or high end, ignore the middle

>Face Unlock is useful for quick access or when the phone is laying down
It's still trash and pointless when you have fingerprint sensor on the front.

XZ1

you forgot the permanently locked bootloader

androidpolice.com/2019/03/28/with-the-moto-g7-lenovo-finally-killed-the-g-series-magic/

Attached: Annotation 2019-03-28 181934.png (686x825, 86K)

The G series have been obsolete ever since the 3rd gen because of Xiaomi

I like the swipe down to see notifications.

Or get an Android one device. Flagship support still ends after a few years. Buying a flagship older than a year for software support is counterproductive.

2nded this. Mid tier phones makes you pay above average prices for halfassed phones

AdHell3 for Knox adblocking and disabling apps you don't use.

reminder that you should just get a Pocophone.

Attached: 1552078210304.jpg.png (1080x1331, 755K)

Magisk

hi buds, need purchasing advice: s9+ exynos or s10e exynos? s9+ is 25% cheaper than s10e.

Will they fuck up the F2 like they did with the Mi A2?

s10e snapdragon
ebay.com/itm/Neuvo-Samsung-Galaxy-S10e-SM-G9700-5-8-16MP-128GB-6GB-RAM-Negro-Telefonia-Gift/233156925677

Any reason to get the Mix 3 over the Mi 9? The lack of a notch is real nice, but the Mi 9 seems to be just better otherwise.

any guides on full debloat, adblock, and optimizating miui?
and also decent alternatives for inbox apps.

check here:
reddit.com/r/Xiaomi/wiki/index

France, I switch carriers frequently.
Budget is under $400-500, would need a really good reason to hit $450, I would love several budget options.

Ideally I'd want the thinkpad of smartphones. No bullshit, good perfs, popular so I could maybe plug in a really lightweight OS.., but most importantly : reliable & great battery
I currently have the xiaomi redmi note 2, I don't find it too big for my hand, but it's quite big for everything else and I don't really use its big screen so a smaller one could be cool.

In design I'm not picky but I like the xperia xz1's blocky design.

I take a lot of photos, but I don't do art, I just like having non-blurry photos and videos. The thing I can do with it the happier I am.

I want a new phone because the redmi note2's (second) battery only last 1h of screen time.. so yeah battery issues. I also don't find it very reactive in general even through it was supposed to be a good processor.
It litterally dies after 40mins of gmaps from 100% battery, I really want a more reliable battery.
Also the photos really kind of sucks.

If this is really a bad request, sorry. I kind of wrote everything I had in mind.

Answer to LineageOS sounds like what I'd install, are there other OS to check out? Is there a way to check if a phone is 100% supported? (I have bad memories of ROMs that didn't handle the network well, or the camera wouldn't work etc..)

For the two suggestions : Mi mix 2S and pocophone
Everything looks good, but they both have a bigger screen than my redmi, they both are at around $430 where I can buy them, or $340 on banggood (not sure if it's a good idea for such a huge sum. My redminote 2 was bought there but at $120)

Moto x4 is actually more expensive here, I will look into xperias again.

What a rabbit hole.. So I should go from lineageOS to find well supported phones, then check if they are a good phone, then if it has a good battery. Then decide on price,photo and size.

Mi mix 2s is the smallest form factor with those requirements you can get

I find Android One to be a joke. Updates still come from the OEM, so not like you get them much quicker. You get two major OS updates, and security patches afterwards; which is exactly what you get from a Samsung flagship. It's also amazing how the stuff you take for granted on other UIs are out right missing on Android One. You'd think it's easy to root/unlock bootloader too but lolno. I'd only get an Android One device if I can install official Lineage OS on it

They don't do

Pocophone is good if you're obsessed with specs, so perfect for you Pajeets out there. Display quality, camera quality and ergonomics are nowhere near the Mi 8, for example. At least it is plastic, which is nice

Device size>screen size
My redmi note 3 is the same size as my Huawei mate 10 which is 6"

the physical size stayed around the same, the bezels just got smaller.

Attached: Capture5.png (617x568, 530K)

>£369 in the uk
anyone buying this?

Attached: Samsung-Galaxy-A70-1801535.jpg (590x419, 42K)

poco 128gb for 246,38€
should I cope that?

For that price yes

sneaky gooks trying to hide the notch again

I need a cheap android burner just to run snapchat

Nokia 3,4,5 or 6?

wait, i tricked the system somehow, I added another item so it got over 300€, got applied a better coupon, and after introducing lucky9 again, now it's 244,57
let's see if I can go lower

Ugh I think I need to add "need a jack" to the requirement list.

oh yeah I noticed that, they all are above 5.5 but are kind of the same size as my redmi note 2.

Is there any site that test the battery?

yeah, got it for that, couldn't go lower
also fuck me, some people owe me money so I had 35€ on my account, now I'm -200 or so. It's time to call some doors.

Pocophone than

Wah

>you forgot the permanently locked bootloader
He also forgot it only being available in the US.

>Not only will it have better hardware, you'll also get better software support
Uhhhh, those flagships you so love will inevitably lose software support and there's nothing you could do about it if they have a locked bootloader or little to no custom ROM support. That tactic of yours isn't exactly perfect. And the Snapdragon 675 has better single core performance than the 845, so, now what? If you're not gaming on your phone, why does it really all matter?
>Not to mention better availability for spare parts and accessories
Unless you're buying some obscure local phone there will be parts and accessories. It can all be found on Aliexpress really, so this isn't a real concern.
>2nded this. Mid tier phones makes you pay above average prices for halfassed phones
Only applies to Samsung mid range phones.

You guys realize that you list features and not what the phone doesn't have when you're trying to shill right

What the fucking fuck are you talking about?

Which are the benefits of using LineageOS? I just bought a Mi Mix 2s and some anons recommended that OS instead of the Miui 10 UI. I'm a brainlet, can anyone explain me please?

Reading comprehension. Why would he list those things if he's trying to shill?

I just told him that it isn't available anywhere outside of the US, that's all. No one called him a shill.

He posted the same exact thing for like the past two threads, he's shit posting.

The only good amount of bezels is none.

I didn't say anyone did. I'm saying that he is shilling
See

You people disgust me with your fragile phones. Bet you like curved displays too

What's a good app for downloading video files on Android. Not YouTube, Instagram or any of the other social media stuff, just a regular manager that can grab video files.

Person the ignorance, my last phone did it naturally

Videoder

S10 users please take a look at this screenshot of my s10 (sd855) model please?

is the battery life usage normal against your s10 at 25% remaining?

3400mah.

Attached: Screenshot_20190328-152152_Settings.jpg (1080x3522, 493K)

Thanks friend.

>no 5" 16:9 smartphone
I hate the bezel-less/tall screen meme so badly.

Pixel 1 and 2

Thoughts on Galaxy A9?
>HUGE battery
>6GB RAM
>660 SD
>Still has fingerprint scanner on back
>Still has headphone jack
>$400 bucks

Can it be put on legacy? I want stock Android feel and hate TouchWiz shit

Attached: 1533107507014.png (280x282, 24K)

Holy fuck this. What the fuck happened to moderate sized phones. Only Samshit, googleshit or chinkshit is available

Attached: 1529595785499.gif (416x307, 2.58M)

Best browser for Android?

Not worth anywhere near $400, considering it has SD660 and terrible cameras. Get a Pocophone instead.

Either OH Browser or DuckDuckGo Browser

>Who else /XZ1Compact/ here

Xa2

I'm a burger. Pocophone doesn't work where I live. Need bands 2,4, and 12 to survive.

Attached: 1445733644950.jpg (1920x1080, 115K)

still have this beauty

Attached: p9.jpg (1680x813, 278K)

The American Psychiatric Association considers OwO use a risk factor for suicide.

Attached: donald-trump-this-week-02-ap-jc-181110_hpMain_16x9_992.jpg (992x558, 60K)

Get a Mix 2S or Mi8 if you can handle no headphone jack, Pixel 2 XL is another decent option, it's on sale for $399 at Best Buy. If you need the headphone jack then LG V30, V35 or G7 can be found off eBay for

I still have original honor 7. Only thing holding me back is the fact that they dont make phones its size within my budget. I dont want to fucking shell out a half grand for S9,

Attached: hono7_banner_phone.png (1065x808, 686K)

"Dude, just buy old phones!"

they're not even that old. Both phones still getting updates from Google.

I'm coming from an honor 8, I'm looking for 6GB MINIMUM and the longer the battery the better, so I'm reluctant to get v35 or mix 2s when I've heard poor things about their battery lives.

What is the mi8 like? Does it have fingerprint gestures?

How do i unfuck pocophone notification icons, they just disappear

You think those chinkphones are going to get Android Q?

Pic related, band 4 on a Pixel 2 XL

Attached: Screenshot_20190328-113408.png (1440x2880, 184K)

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=zanini.andrea.notchtest

>You think those chinkphones are going to get Android Q?
Yes, they will. Xiaomi flagships get two version updates so they'll go Oreo -> Pie -> Android Q.

>will
Maybe in 2020.
lol

Didn't work for me, i'm on miui 10.0.2.0 (i think) atm tho (russian ota branch, what te actual fucking hell is that? Even on 8.1 still lol)

You sure you're not on a vendor MIUI ROM? Pie update has been out for ages. If it doesn't find the update then maybe you need to update manually...

XPERIA 1 WHEN FFS SONY STOP KEEPING ME WAITING

Connections > more settings > dns > dns.adguard.com

Youre welcome

Attached: image_1.jpg (750x733, 277K)

Which chinaphones can use iPhone covers?

Goophone

Why not just use firefox with ublock extension?

i need help, what mobile phone should i buy, been thinking about xiaomi mi8
willing to give out 400 euro, i want a good phone with good camera, not too big and good battery or at least super fast charging

anything i buy will be an upgrade from the shit motog2 i have now
any ideas?

holy fuck talk me out of ordering S8

also im scared i wont like these chink layouts
any similar spec wise , pure android device?

Pocophone, Mi Mix 2S, or Mi8

>any similar spec wise , pure android device?
Nokia 8.1, Sony XZ2, Pixel 2

god bless you

AdHell blocks ads on all apps not only the browser.

The samsung settings one is system wide so youre basically doing the same thing as adhell but without installing an app

asus rog phone, razerphone2 or iphone 8 plus for the blue text box?

If you don't have those bands will you die?

ahaha 4 hours of SOT. its iphone-tier battery life what a garbage tbhl

How do you guys deal with the anxiety of an all glass phone? I've been using a Z2 Force since it came out and it's basically an indestructible brick. I'm fancying something with a bigger screen and a phone with actual battery life, but these glass sandwiches scare me to death.

Attached: 1536645155420.gif (250x251, 209K)