Russia cracks down on VPN

Federal Service for Supervision of Communications, Information Technology and Mass Media "Roskomnadzor" has sent an official letter to 10 popular VPN services, demanding to implement IP and domain filtering of Russian blocklist entries for customers from Russia. According to law, services have 30 days to comply or face blocking themselves. This is the first time the law, which was signed in 2017, is brought into action.
Names of services in question are: NordVPN, Hide My Ass!, Hola VPN, VyprVPN, ExpressVPN, TorGuard, IPVanish, Kaspersky Secure Connection, VPN Unlimited and Openvpn (sic).

rkn.gov.ru/news/rsoc/news66248.htm

Well I see the one who will bend over immediately, but what about the rest?

Attached: Pu.png (494x335, 278K)

Other urls found in this thread:

torguard.net/blog/why-torguard-has-removed-all-russian-servers/
goldenfrog.com/blog/russia-demands-vpn-providers-to-comply-with-censorship-vyprvpn-refuses
twitter.com/NordVPN/status/1111545544047034368
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

TorGuard responded by wiping their russian servers and gtfo.
torguard.net/blog/why-torguard-has-removed-all-russian-servers/

>VPN I used to use with russian servers not mentioned

Hmm

wonderful, first america then china, then europe, now russia, when where will it stop?!

There's South America.
Fiber links are constantly improved over time.

>30 days to comply or face blocking themselves
Are they supposed to be blocking connections into or out of Russia?
If they are supposed to be blocking everything why not just let the state take care of it?

Enjoy your TCP IP delivered polonium

We all know this shit isn't going to work properly, just buy a VPS and setup a proxy there.
t. ruski

south america is just vassal states tho and brazil doesn't look good

reported to the roskomnadzor

>buys VPS
>Connects to VPS with Openvpn and then tunnels into the VPN

All these laws do are keep noobs out and keep the glowers away. Good.

They're supposed to block sites from blocklist. Rutracker, infinitechan, piratebay and others. And also a shitload of Telegram IPs. Otherwise IPs of VPN would be blocked in Russia.
Kinda defeats the purpose of buying a VPN to bypass the block. There are still VPS, but they've blocked datacenters before. Hell, as of right now the entire DigitalOcean subnet is blocked, lots of legitimate sites like Jow Forums-x are not available and no one cares.

Holy shit, why is Russia such a shit hole

Communistic oligopolistic dictatorship

we also hacked you elections and flatten earth

Attached: MV5BMDZhNDdmYmQtN2M3Mi00MjhmLWI2YzEtMWFlNjEwOTJmYWFmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjM5MDI2Njg@._V1_.jpg (1155x687, 112K)

Attached: anditwaslikeTHISbig.png (494x335, 212K)

> Openvpn
There is a semi-secret system which scans T2 networks for Telegram traffic signatures and blocks MTProto proxies within a day. It's not impossible to target OpenVPN traffic in the same way.

me when I talk about morning dump

That cannot be true. It's the fault of the EU, Soros, the Rothschilds, the globalists, Jews etc etc. Russia is always and forever based. Nothing they do can be wrong.

/SARCASM

Fuck to or whatever shithole you came from

xD xD xD

Moscow needs to be nuked.

VyprVPN also has refused.
goldenfrog.com/blog/russia-demands-vpn-providers-to-comply-with-censorship-vyprvpn-refuses
Those are the first candidates for blocking.

Moscow has their own personal nuclear defense system. So don’t bother unless you want a nuclear retaliation.

transport it on land into moscow
???
profit

Won’t be too hard to find out who did it considering only a few countries in the world have a nuclear stockpile let alone ability to make them.

then just buy one in bulgaria or you know russia

NordVPN also told ruskie to fuck off.
twitter.com/NordVPN/status/1111545544047034368

I think only Kaspesky would cuck for Russia, because they have no choice. But you might as well shut your VPN down immediately afterwards, cause no one would touch it with a ten foot pole.

Probably because essentially the KGB/FSB runs it

Jurisdiction