Memes aside...

Memes aside, is this worth learning/using in current year IF you’re a slowish typer (so not the traditional home row boomer typing, but zoomer peck peck typing, still relatively fast)

Using C btw.

Attached: 831ADDDE-E181-4E4D-9D1D-46E3E30EF5BD.jpg (1847x1159, 394K)

I love vi bindings personally I use it in all ide like things and I use a lot of applications with vi like bindings.
I'm a fast typist though so idk.

Regular use and reading the instructions leads to proficiency. It's a different workflow compared to many editors, so you WILL start off slow and be frustrated. Don't bother if you know you don't care about learning a different workflow.

No. It's a steep learning curve to do something your can already do in your current editor it choice. Exiting vi by starting another session to run killall is not just a meme.

Ive managed to use it, and I'm a hunt-and-pecker because I was a fucking sperg as a kid and never learned to type.

Note that I am exceptionally fast for a hunt-and-peck typer though.

Vi bindings are great, but vim is an horrendous piece of software. Use either nvi or emacs with evil-mode.

just learn the basics since they're used in so many places. then become proficient in emacs instead

>BSD license
fuck off

real answer is emacs with vi binds

>It's a steep learning curve

Found the retard. vi is not that hard.

What's your wpm?

Attached: wpm.jpg (477x198, 51K)

>home row boomer typing

Give it a shot. All you need to do is type 'vimtutor' into your terminal and spend an hour doing the entire thing. It will tell you everything you need to know about how to use it, including how to exit.

>you're an octopus
haha burn

ur mom fagit

Literally 20 minutes of vimtutor and you already reach the efficiency of nano.

Someone needs to teach vimcucks that throwing money at Africa doesn't do a damn bit of good

dont you only need to learn insert changes the mode, use :w,:x,:q ?

Just to get started, sure, but you'll want to learn it's more powerful features, as they'll save you time and key strokes.

glad people finally started recommending vimtutor in this shitty board

I seriously recommend learning touch typing. I'm sure there's like free online courses to learn it? Just stick through it, stay on home row, use the fingers properly, and build up speed. Touch typing is literally the one useful skill that the American public school system gave me.

I say its a waste of time in general but especially for you since you can't even type properly. They should have taught typing in your school, you should learn how to type first.

I don't know why I didn't get a cute animal, but whatever.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-03-28 at 7.24.45 PM.png (956x640, 196K)