Is this graphic realistic? what do they mean by this?

Is this graphic realistic? what do they mean by this?

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-03-28 at 9.08.30 PM.png (1116x1078, 348K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ipfs.io/
ghostbin.com/paste/h4pbb
news.softpedia.com/news/steemit-506417.shtml
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napster
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This is what they mean

Attached: d62.jpg (1692x1167, 1.61M)

looks like a coup attempt desu senpai

>brave
BAT shills and chromium jews out

I have literally not heard of any thing on the right, and never used anything on the left except for android and whatsapp
am I out of touch?

lol CRYPTO GONNA FIX THE WORLD BABY

go fuck yourself you dumb faggot

>websites are apps
some itoddler made this didn't they

It would be understandable if you haven't heard of anything on the left (this is some real obscurist fantasy here), I would say its a bit odd if you haven't used most of what's on the right atleast once

what's ipfs?

dumb crypto shit

brave is pure trash lmao

Interplantetary File System.
ipfs.io/
Supposedly meant to replace HTTP in a more 'decentralized' way that sounds kinda like the web mixed with p2p torrents or something.

Attached: ipfs.png (1119x911, 203K)

i use it on my phone, it just werks

Keep Brave.
Add Dat to IPFS and Storj.
Replace Experty with Matrix, which is not P2P but actually has a chance.
Android and iOS aren't going anywhere.
Facebook has no viable replacement. Twitter has StatusNet. It's big in Japan.
Messaging: also Matrix.
There is nothing to replace Upwork yet.

Web 3.0 is literally tech communism. You're literally asking somebody else's computer to serve you for free just because they work under the government (the web app)

You mean the opposite right? Because apart from brave which I've never even used, I don't recognize a single thing on the right.

>Is this graphic realistic?
Hmm...the implications aren't at all realistic.
>what do they mean by this?
Clearly that "web 3.0 dapps" means "shit no one ever uses".

Maybe, I recognize everything on the left except the last one the "remote job" thing, idk what that is.

continued you probably don't recognize the icons because you don't use them maybe. So on the right:
Chrome
Dropbox, G(oogle)drive
Facebook, Twitter
WeeChat, WhatsApp
(not a clue at all what the last "remote job" one is)

>Brave shill

>web 3.0 is bunch of literally whos

Looks like wishful thinking by cryptofags

> what do they mean by this?
Use our shit.

brave is slow and bad. has low quality features and is nowhere ready to compete with webkit based browsers. the rest is just garbage and/or low quality pseudo shit

Content addressed p2p storage. It is a fucking godsend if you're an archival autist. It does a lot but the most important one for me is that it's content addressed. A file will always be hashed to the same hash. If you want my image file you can get it at /ipfs/its-hash, and unlike bittorrent chunking and addressing it does this at the block level, each BLOCK is content addressed and the same. So if someone makes a directory like this
/dir1/A
/dir1/B
and someone else makes
/dir2/C
/dir2/B
both peers are still providing B even to peers requesting dir1, there's no swarm fragmentation. And the most obvious benefit is that location addressing of HTTP fucking sucks.
With content addressing, the url is permanent and will always work as long as the content is available SOMEWHERE. It doesn't matter where. With location addressing you have all kinds of traps.
>domain changes
>file location changes
>location contents changed
>the single centralized host goes down
>if you do load balancing maybe there's consistency errors or again uptime problems
All this shit will break links and make the content unavailable.
With IPFS you just add the content, link it out, and people can use that link forever, regardless of anything else other than someone is hosting the blocks, it doesn't even have to be 100% from the same peer.
And while hashes are ugly, you can still use things like DNS to give them friendly names in the same way you obfuscate using ip addresses, the only difference is you're pointing a domain to content rather than to an IP. And there's things like IPNS too which let you make dynamic websites in the same way you would on Freenet. You literally just add content and send the hash out and you get everything for free. No http server, no manual load balancing, the daemon takes care of all of that.
Here's some that people posted in the thread on infinity ghostbin.com/paste/h4pbb

Attached: ipfs mpv.webm (1440x810, 2.89M)

THOU SHALT ADD REFERENCES TO STATEMENTS NOT THINE

ftfy

Attached: fixed.png (1116x1078, 216K)

Fucking cringe

This

>Replacing literally any browser with brave

Attached: 1549393939513.png (963x483, 241K)

Steemit could be really a Alternative to yt if you niggers would give it a chance

>The attack, according to them, has compromised about 260 accounts. About US$85,000 worth of Steem Dollars and STEEM are reported to have been taken by the attackers
news.softpedia.com/news/steemit-506417.shtml
No, it's garbage.
Use PeerTube, at least it doesn't rely on some shitty memecoin.

Thats what i would do if i had billions of money and a big fear to lose mymonopoly1

So basic question about ipfs
How would the protocol block people from sharing illegal stuff like cheesy pizza for example?

>not using fennec

This newfangled web 2.0 shit is already shit.
>browser
Firefox
>storage
Hard drives and zip disquettes
>video and audio calls
Landline.
>operating system
Back in the day it was all about Windows ME and XP
>social network
None, maybe MySpace
>messaging
ICQ, email, actually talking IRL
>remote job
>>>>job

bitcoin was a mistake

is brave better than pale moon or sea monkey?

no

>Browser
Anything is better than chrome and their eagerness to define internet standards
>storage
Absolutely fucking based, tho the question remains, who's machine?
>calls
Never used experty, gonna try
>OS
New to me, everything down too

From the list only ipfs makes sense.
Blockchain is only useful for value transfers. Using it for anything else is cargo cultish and doomed to failure.
EOS in particular is a total meme, it's a more expensive replacement for heroku with 21 servers. Calling it an 'operating system' is retarded.

Sounds too good to be true, how is this not botnet

>new operating systems
>just some stupid fucking bitcoin shit
lmao

The better question is "how is this" at all. I've seen people actively hostile towards it because it threatens their business.
As a concept it basically deprecates a lot of services people charge for, or at the very least will drive the cost down. I'm waiting for people to try and purge it in the same way that was basically done with BitTorrent, and p2p technology before it, all the way back to Napster.
I wonder if people remember that.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napster

But at the same time Browser vendors are pushing for all kinds of P2P capabilities in browsers (they use the phrase "DWEB" for "distributed" web applications, maybe to avoid calling it "P2P", I don't know).

Attached: napster.jpg (578x640, 40K)

Based

>using gayfox
yikes

In short: It doesn't.
IPFS is basically like bittorrent, but abstracted into an internet-wide "filesystem", so as long as someone has a file, it can be shared. This makes things as difficult to take down as regular torrents, but just like with torrents, you're also letting everyone know you're sharing pizza.

>(they use the phrase "DWEB" for "distributed" web applications, maybe to avoid calling it "P2P", I don't know).
MARKETING
Which is probably also part of why it hasn't been explicitly targeted by old media. Because so far it's been marketed as a tool that's censorship resistant, and they've illustrated that by making a whole mirror of Wikipedia as a response to Turkey blocking Wikipedia for having unflattering info on their government.
Companies like these don't want to be seen as supporting "censorship" and the blocking of important information. They'll wait until there's a better narrative they can use.

Brave is fucking trash that injects their own ads and still have the gall to claim moral high ground for doing that.

The only non-scam tech in that picture is IPFS and it still has a long way to go before any form of widespread adoption.

Brave is a scam and it's literally based on Chromium.
They register content creators that have no idea what Brave is and pocket the BAT raised for them.
It's simply because of the hype of distributed shit that people keep shilling it. The want to believe that something can disrupt every single class of application is keeping eyes away from more legitimate pieces of software. IPFS seems rad.

Reskinned chromium reeee

Can you post configs for that mpv ui?

>save 60% in bandwidth costs
>we should all share badwidth cost so youtube can save
Fucking communists

The rest looks good, but that was a bad point for them to make

>Jow Forums doesn't know left from right
This is why your programming socks don't fit right

Why is this ad constantly posted here?

I love this threads because I can add more shit to my black list, fuck web 3.0 and those shitty startup.