Any one know much about projector lag?

projectorcentral.com/Acer-H5360.htm

I have this projector and it claims "1ms" in the manual. is it actually 1ms. . or is it that fake messurment the gaming monitors use that say 1ms but are really like 15ms at the crosshair.

any one know... its a 720p DLP Texas instruments chip from 2009

Attached: acer-h5360.33184452.jpg (600x325, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

testufo.com/mprt
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

any one? its the best 16:9 display I have and was hoping to use it for what will now be retro gaming and maybe google stadia.

Ps4 non pro is mostly 700-900p any way

I dunno, but like, every digital display uses some internal digital metric for measuring response time: usually B2B or W2W or something. This doesn't measure "response time", as in going from when you push the button on your controller, to when something happens on-screen.
Now some modern display technologies have gotten CLOSE to instantaneous response times, but the gold standard for any enthusiast has been a CRT. Now it'll be a pain in the ass to track down, and move to your place, but a few companies have made HD widescreen CRTs, and you not only have the added benefit of response times, but you also get WAY better colours and blacks than is possible from anything but an AMOLED.

CRTs look awful and suffer from burn in fuck off with this shit and go back to v or Reddit

if you have it, try it out. go to testufo.com/mprt or some other tester site and see how it can perform.

if anything, you get used to small amounts of input lag, and you will get it stacked with anything streaming. that said, I've done online remote play from my ps4 pro to a hotel and even that was ok lag wise (not great but not horrible).

i don't really know much about projectors though, i just have a older dell projector that I really like. 3500 lumens and actually able to be viewable outside just after midday. input lag wasn't very noticable on that when i tried remote play with it, and i don't think it's any newer or better a model than what you have (no "3d" support and such). plus, it's a console, it's never going to be 1ms on input, much less while streaming.

>suffer from burn-in
Like every display technology except LCD. Your fancy projector suffers from burn-in, fuckwit.
>look awful
Than why are they measured to have better contrast ratios and more accurate colours compared to, again EVERY display technology EXCEPT AMOLED? Why does the 20-year-old CRT computer monitor on my desk, that I got for 10$ at a Goodwill, produce a better picture than your multi-hundred-dollar projector? Why are you on here complaining about it if it's so good?

lol all these posts are from cucked LCD users saying who cares if the "1ms" branding is fake and its really 15-25ms lol...

fucking cucked so hard. you brought shit thinking it was almost instantaneous and its literally 1/20th of a second lag combined with kb/m

any way ive actually held a DLP chip sure its digital but its literally like a cpu with a tiny half a cm screen on it and it looks high tech and NASA as fuck. you guys are aluding that DLP is just as slow as fastest LCD but after seeing a DLP chip in my hand (had to replace one as it melted) I wouldn't be surprised if its faster as its probably the craziest tech ive ever held.

like imagine a CPU die form the 90s that has a prism in it that light shines thru.. it looks crazy as fuck.

can DLP chips be faster than LCD?

ive heard retards like linus say projectors have latancy but I assume he is talking about the rainbow effect when ya move ya eyes across it fast which isn't actually latency its a optical illusion it doesn't "slow shit down"

...the guy arguing for CRTs is a "cucked LCD user"? Nah man, I'm not cucked: my display technology IS instantaneous. Your is SOMETIMES.

is this bait?

dude in op has a projector from 2009-2011, wants to know if it suffers from bigger than normal lag since it's not really known or well tested. i say just try it and see. the lag you'd mostly experience will be from streaming anyway since he mentions google stadia.

the other fags, except the one with the other projector, are just ignoring the question like you are.

older mid-tier projectors are pretty nice though, cheap bulbs and such for upkeep but lower res for a much lower cost nowadays. 3000+ real lumens (not chink "5000 lumens" being like 50 actual) for like $100 is pretty common.

fark will some one answer the fucking question

what true latency is a 720p DLC Texas instruments chip from 2009 on a 120hz color wheel.

It's about how many milliseconds it takes for your mom to cum when I'm with her.

>any one know much about projector lag?

It exists. You're welcome.

>Your fancy projector suffers from burn-in, fuckwit.
But it's usually based on LCD screens and even when it used DLP it gets bad pixels and not "burn in"

a DLP chip isn't a LCD screen you retard its a dif technology

and LED projectors and not LCD that's just a LED bulb rather than a traditional one and still uses a DLP chip.

look up what a DLP chip is its not LCD at all. its literally a block of silicon that runs really fast and hot (requires active cooling/thermal paste around edge) turning on and off mirrors built into a cpu like die.

Attached: 1076-6138b_dmd_chip_-_2.jpg (800x800, 54K)

and light like shines on this then reflects off into another mirror then color is added by a spinning rainbow wheel that spins at dif speed while it reflects light to show dif colors.

>true latency
Im not sure how DLP can be faster than LCD projection - as per , you need to wiggle mirrors and shit
>120hz color wheel
the speed of which makes fuck all difference to the latency

it doesn't move mirrors in the chip it turns them on and off with electro capacity

the chip literally runs at 70deg but it is digital so it could be the same or slower than LCD.. but I want to know more.

ok I found it

Our testing shows that many inexpensive DLP presentation projectors have about 33 milliseconds of input lag, and many inexpensive LCD projectors stay under 50 milliseconds.

the fastest projectors are DLP thou and have about 20ms of lag

the fastest monitors atm regardless of being branding "1ms" are really 10ms+

the fastest TVs branded at "1ms" are really 15ms+

so my "1ms" branded projector is prob 20ish ms I would guess.

my question is answered acer used the fake test that's been used for the last decade. I guess ill keep this projector for movies and consoles PS4og and prior.

even using Stadia I wouldn't use a 20ms display.

Try contacting tge manufacturer for a spec sheet. Secondly, most phones have a slow motion record feature now. Take a mouse and move it while recording the screen and mouse at the same time and count how many frames the lag was.

ya im thinking it might actually be abit faster than the 1080p sony from 2013 that a review site said was one of the fastest they tested at 20ms

the 1080p of that era used 2x 720p chips beside each other so that could have introduced some lag.

im guessing it might be 15ms in the middle of screen or some thing. not too bad but just the same as "1ms" gaming lcd. the manufacturer just said its "1ms" projector.

15ms isn't bad but I still think im going to try look for a 16:9 crt. any one have a list of all the ones made?

Once you see rainbow on dlp you can't unsee it, btw.

disagree you can learn to not move ya eyes around as much while viewing it. or make it cast on smaller area.

ya can learn to make it show up less. in FPS or driving or some thing.

but for RTS its prob nightmare 247.