Wifi harvesting

How can we make this wifi harvesting antenna ourselves? My apartment is being flooded with wifi signals.

Attached: 1529367880829.png (708x380, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pocket-lint.com/gadgets/news/146891-power-for-future-devices-could-be-harvested-directly-from-wi-fi-signals
nature
youtube.com/watch?v=otjvUz7qKXc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

pocket-lint.com/gadgets/news/146891-power-for-future-devices-could-be-harvested-directly-from-wi-fi-signals

>can't post the nature dot com source link because it's blacklisten on Jow Forums
wtf????

anyone?

Attached: 1540918990006.webm (640x640, 1.31M)

>Rectenna
Does it go in my ass?

No

>big yet flat, mannish ass
No thanks

God muscly are so gross.

>The team reports that 40µW of power can be harvested from a normal 150µW Wi-Fi signal, an efficiency of nearly 30 per cent.
Oof.

>absorb 3 of your neighbor's wifi to send out your own for free

Not even.
That's just the power that's being output by the antenna, not what is being used behind the antenna.

free antenna power

Yeah, you get to save a fraction of a percent of the total power your wifi router is drawing.

yeah but there are a whole lot more wifi signals in my apartment. way more than just 3

>small silicone breasts
Dear god, i love boobs but if you go fake tits at least put on some decent size gazongas, that shit is just sad.

Post the doi #

Attached: 1538865599518.png (351x29, 2K)

nature
.com/articles
/s41586

youtube.com/watch?v=otjvUz7qKXc

One percent, then.

I think you need access to a electron microscope. Atleast thats how my group writes their "2d" materials

this is not free energy you braindead mongoloid. this is energy absorbtion of wifi signals that someone else waste energy on.

I don't care mate, I just wanna get it to fuck around with it

>this is energy absorbtion of wifi signals that someone else waste energy on.
Which is what that video is about.

I know the video, it's not about what I'm talking about. you can actually absorb wifi energy, it will be a tiny amount and it's not free because your neighbor out it there.

The point in the video applies here as well: you can't do anything really useful because the power you get is too small
The best we can do is tech similar to RFID tags

does it specifically talk about this: didn't think so.

No, but the point still is true: the power generated is only useful for tiny embedded applications. You can get the full paper on sci-hub by the way

>You can get the full paper on sci-hub by the way
based, thanks.

You need cross section to capture significant energy. Just like how solar panels need to be physically large to capture sunlight. The light can't just be magically sucked in. You can use lenses to concentrate, but they're expensive themselves and they add system loss.
Wifi signals are like 1W absolute max radiated power. That's a lot! But wait, how often do access points and devices radiate at max power? It turns out the answer is "almost never". Usually they're idle, with spikes here and there. The average power is more like 30mW.
Now we need to consider distance. Power falls off at the inverse square of the distance. Double the distance, quarter the power. This destroys the potential for capture pretty rapidly. If you have a device that can capture (an extremely optimistic) 15mW of power at say, a foot. At two feet you're only getting 3.75mW. At four, 0.94mW. At 16 feet (the absolute closest reasonable distance you might be from a neighbor's access point) you're looking at a meek 234uW. Microwatts. And this isn't taking into account the fact that walls really, really hurt 2.4GHz and I'm assuming you've got walls between you and your neighbor.

tl;dr the most optimistic you could possibility be, and if you covered every wall of your apt with antenna, you're looking at 200 microwatts per access point that's within 16 feet of your walls. That's probably a maximum of 6, so you could potentially get 1.2mW of "free" power with a mere tens of thousands of dollars in capital costs.
tl;dr for the tl;dr: Just buy a solar panel and hang it on your window. You could get dozens of watts for several hours a day and store it in a battery, and the whole project would cost less than $100.

I would love to block all the faggot wifi signals from getting into my house.

If we could harvest the power of the slut we could shut down all the power plants nation wide.

>40µW
about enough to power OP's µdick.

Fine wire mesh stucco walls do this effectively. Just hook the mesh to earth in multiple places. The stucco itself is pretty opaque and the mesh forms an effective faraday cage. Of course stucco is a pain in the ass and you'd have to replace your drywall, but it's an option.

A house I used to own had metal foil bound styrofoam insulation between the siding and sheathing. That fucked up wifi pretty good too.

technically they're regular wifi signals until they enter your house.

kek