Mac user experience

To secret Mac fags here. Is using Mac on daily basis the same as iphone? Sure there are shitpads and lagdroids that are better spec wise etc. but all them feel underwhelming. Sure apple has their problems but compering my iphone 6s side by side with latest galaxy and huawei I just don't see that they are that much better. So does the same apply for Macs on day to day use?

Attached: apple.jpg (1801x841, 74K)

>So does the same apply for Macs on day to day use?
Yes, you'll absolutely enjoy extending the walled garden model to your entire computing experience.

iTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1522059832822.gif (500x491, 376K)

No
Macs are basically PCs made with off the shelf PC processors and GPUs, not really equivalent to iPhones

Op no macs are more like gamimg pc than an iphone

>lagdroid
>better spec-wise
am I too new to this board?

It's time to stop posting

Feel free to die in agony, disgusting pedo scum.

Seeing this for the xth time and still not tired of it.

macOS is tidier, but more limited. If you use 2/3 programs every day, and dont fuck around with stuffz, its OK. Id take it anyday over the shitfest that is a standard Win10, but, you can (sort of) fix the Win10 - and mac will inevitably annoy the fuck out of you trying to do some simple thing, finder etc. is a fucking awful POS

Obvious shill thread is obvious.

MacOs only had 3 programs?

I prefer MacOS to Windows and consider the premium paid to buy an Apple computer worth it (and because I use Garageband and Logic Pro). If you're getting a mac get a mac mini or if you want a laptop wait until they get rid of the shit tier keyboards. The new iMacs they just released are decent too except swap the "magic" mouse for the trackpad.

It's pretty good, especially if you're on a laptop. It has a pretty good out-of-the-box experience (though some tweaking is needed) and has decent applications. It's also a unix, so it's miles ahead of windows if you live in your shell.

Obviously it's not nearly as tweakable as .

Recently got a used mbp 2011 for funz and i'm surprised at how easy it was to get used to it. UX is mostly great; however as people have said earlier - finder is absolute garbage (enter while having a folder selected renames it, if you copy a folder "stuff" into folder "myThings" and theres already a "stuff" there, it doesnt merge but replaces the whole thing, no GUI button for navigating upwards in the tree)

also setting default apps is a bit weird

>no GUI button for navigating upwards in the tree)

Use column view and use the left arrow key?

ah, thanks.

Came here for this

>macOS is tidier, but more limited
I don’t know if Windows has finally bothered to put in UNIX syntax aliases, but it’s also very friendly for programmers and terminal usage if you’re too lazy to make your own workarounds to use applications in Linux.

That said, the vast majority of Macs nowadays that are worth getting are on the used market, so it’s a bit of a dead end barring a philosophical course change at Apple.

agreed with this user. file and folder management is bad on macs. Default location for anything is desktop. ever see a normie's mac desktop? Always piled with garbage.

with the linux compatibility layer ... sort of. it's certainly better than paying for enterprise licenses to just have a shitty posix compatibility layer with ksh or csh. while windows has many issues, it does have a lot more freedom in terms of usage and flexibility than macOS. there#s a great deal of software for it in comparison to macOS, it's far better integratable in the enterprise environment too (obviously).

overall it's not really worth to buy a fagbook at all. better get a huwaii ryzen matebook d and install fagos on it if it's what you want. at least you will not suffer through the broken intel arch bullshit that can't be mitigated by the OS.

No, OP.

Macs are not that different from PCs, theyre made from the same parts, just weaker and more fragile with 5x the price tag.

not like an iphone at all, you can install macos on a pc and windows on a mac they are just so similar.

>boot mac holding cmd-r
>go to utilities then terminal
>type resetpassword
>litterally just that
>reset and macfags password this easily

Super unsecure. An absolute joke.

macOS is great, I don't own any Apple hardware but I have a Hackintosh at home and a work mac, using it for a while makes you realise how terribly bad Windows is, the user experience is actually good whereas in Windows it's an afterthought. I thought the lack of software would bother me but the alternatives are often better, Alfred and Spectacle spring to mind.

>Boot into Hirens
>Reset Windows password in 15 seconds
Super unsecure. An absolute joke.

Ignore all these fags. Mac's are seriously comfy. Baked-in terminal support, its *nix under the hood, ridiculous tons of development on github to expand things (such as homebrew). Very few pajeet-tier apps, nice aesthetic to the software, rock solid dependability (no random restarts to install updates) and infinitely more polished than any linux distro. As long as you're not into gaymen, its by far the superior choice.

Report the multiple daily Apple shill threads.

Attached: IMG_20190327_114208_174.jpg (1280x853, 272K)

> People talking about one of the three major operating systems on a tech forum are automatically shills.

BASED

while i have you here, which software is good on macs for
>file browsing
>image viewing (like irfanview- fast boot, can navigate within a folder)
>irc (doesnt need to be super advanced but i need file download)

Attached: 1484592233070.jpg (640x426, 54K)

>Baked-in terminal support, its *nix under the hood, ridiculous tons of development on github to expand things (such as homebrew)
FUCKING THIS
This is why I use macs. I would prefer to use Linux, but I still need some proprietary shit, so mac is like a compromise.
Linux > MacOS >>> Windows

Attached: akarinpepe.png (657x589, 35K)

Yes to design wise.
No to walled garden wise.

>enter while having a folder selected renames it
good thing, cmd+o is for opening things
>if you copy a folder "stuff" into folder "myThings" and theres already a "stuff" there, it doesnt merge but replaces the whole thing, no GUI button for navigating upwards in the tree
need to up your exp, you're not good enough yet

Seething

Ii lve my acbooook pppppro

a reasonable sentiment. i've been at it for only a week. thanks for the key combo.

anyway do you have an irc client recommendation or not

Attached: 2de696df-d518-4360-b6a8-4821a2b370bf.jpg (1175x1138, 227K)

Attached: satania1.gif (220x203, 26K)

Attached: satania2.gif (498x278, 566K)

why do u need a GUI button for navigating upwards? CMD+ARROWUP

why not

Using MacOS is like communicating with some pothead who's going nowhere in life yet still somehow manages to think he's superior to you.

>not that much better
i mean, the battery life of a galaxy s8 is about 2x that of my iphone 6. i'd say thats a lot better, and its the reason im ditching iphone this year, today this piece of shit powered off at 50% because of the peak power problems they have, wouldnt reset, until 50 minutes later when it randomly turned on with 40% battery like nothing happened. absolute garbage

Is it one person with a depressingly large folder of saitana reaction images or a bunch of copy cats all equally depressing? Either way funny shit

send it to me

Isn't there a slight difference between being able to hold command-r on literally any device, or having to boot off of a CD DVD or USB which may be disabled by various security policies