Whats the verdict on the surface book 2?

Whats the verdict on the surface book 2?

Attached: Surface-Book-2.jpg (940x580, 27K)

Top tier if it's company issued, absolute dumpster fire if you unironically bought it yourself

What if I had disposeable income? Alternatives?

What’s your use case?

love min

IT consultant here moonlighting. Didn't want to use company issued xps

>disposeable income
You post on Jow Forums.

all modern laptops are shit

Good on paper but its basically impossible to repair or upgrade anything making it pure trash

This guys knows whats up

I got mine because it's still the only 13" with a gtx 1050. The screen is amazing and 3:2 is way better for productivity than 16:9. If anything goes wrong within the first 3 years Microsoft will replace it for free. I know I'll probably regret it when it fails right after the warranty period but for now there are no alternatives.

I hated mine. Still shitty battery life, overpriced for what you get, and the first gen ones felt stronger.

>long battery life
>touchscreen and pen support for easy navigation of PDFs, notetaking and sketching
>keyboard has good key travel unlike apple products
>great for watching movies as the screen is really light, only lasts two hours though
>can reattach the screen in reverse if you need the touchscreen and the full battery in the keyboard
>capable of mild gaming
>decent I/O
>3:2 aspect ratio

I love mine, if a touchscreen/pen matters to you there is no alternative. Though the Surface Pro 6 is much better value as you can build a proper gaming rig with the money you would spend on the Surface Book 2.

Attached: reverse screen.jpg (2381x2449, 471K)

This is a paid shill. Repairability / upgradability / Exchangeability of the battery is a MUST. We're living in times where a ten year old Thinkpad is still a good choice. My Surface Pro 4 is 2.5 years old and the battery is shitting the bed (non-replaceable; I get 45 minutes under full speed out of it). Charger has broken already. Keyboard is not really cleanable. Aluminium finish will deteriorate if not put into a protective cover. Also, this shit is M$ locked in many subtle ways. AGAIN: This is a paid shill. I've seen him on multiple threads with the same arguments.

>muh shill
alright buddy, go back to your thinkpad containment thread

Enjoy your 2,5k$ shitstain which will be obsolete in three years. But stop infecting others with your AIDS, you nigger cunt.

It's an overpriced heavy turd.

my SP4's battery is pretty fucked too.
This is really the biggest drawback of these devices. non-replaceable battery will put a relatively short timer on your product. That's especially sad as even the SP6 is still about the same as the SP4 aside from mine being slower and having like 40% of it's battery capacity.

It's planned obsolescence. Only a few weeks ago I slapped a new battery into my old T510 and found a cheap external battery on ebay. Overall cost : 50€. I am now sitting on 14hours of continued shitposting. I wish the Surface Pro 4 was as servicable. Needless to say: The saved money can now go elsewhere.

id get a thinkpad P series

I just looked it up. It's incredibly hard to replace the battery yourself on a surface pro. MS doesn't offer a battery replacement program either. niggers.
Yeah don't worry, this SP4 was passed on to me, I didn't buy it. I'll move on to an X1 carbon soon. It's not exactly perfect but way better than any MS shit.

x1 tablet

Attached: Lenovo-ThinkPad-X1-Tablet-Disassembly-8.jpg (1360x907, 350K)

How many of them are on the spacestation?

Attached: station.jpg (1200x628, 128K)

Why are thinkpad niggers so fucking desperate?

I have one. I like it. It's expensive but not much more than a tablet plus a laptop and it's much more convenient. Otherwise not worth the money unless you want to do digital art.

How many people are drawing pictures on the space station?

>It's planned obsolesce
Basically. They use the excuse of a lighter/thinner product but this is what it boils down to.

>Have a thinkpad T480 from work
>It's mediocre at best and constantly runs hot
I'm skeptical.

Attached: naga doubt.png (440x265, 78K)

Too expensive for me.

That's a good question. I've bought a X220 and it's nothing special, it lacks basic ports like USB3 and HDMI. Would never recommend this thing to anyone.

buddy left his sp4 in his car overnight when it was just about 32 degrees and wouldn't charge at all. had a warranty he paid for so got another one for 150 bucks.