AMD hardware

big if true

Attached: 1549457265462.png (927x625, 228K)

Other urls found in this thread:

components-mart.com/product/Micron-Technology/MT61K256M32JE-13-A-TR.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Attached: 1535560872939.jpg (600x600, 48K)

Crazy

I feel bad for the PC ramlets with only 16GB.

Pure fantasy

big if == True

it HAS to be better than google stadia's 11TF

Attached: 1553565765281.jpg (1333x1523, 329K)

Why such odd amount of ram?

That pile of shit is a non-starter any ways.

Price per gigabyte of GDDR6.

Is this your first attempt at pseudo code?

just think of this thread when you inevitably get btfo

cute! i'd enter the Covfefe Zone with Amada!

Attached: 1550935087823.png (394x329, 100K)

And an iGPU

That's gotta be at meme $599 point or even beyond.

499$ tops when its released 2020

Literally all current consoles except the shitch have AMD hardware, you grande retardo.

Consoles are generally sold at a loss, at least in the initial years. Also, don't forget that these are a year and a half or more from launching still and that we've been stagnated at 16/14/12nm waiting for the next big leap (7nm). It makes sense. It just doesn't initially seem to make sense compared to current nvidia price gouging.

>8 core Zen2 at 3.2GHz
So 10W power comsumption?

with SMT? maybe 15W to 20W

Well for their sake I hope these specs are true. If people are expecting this much power and Sony doesn't have it... PlayStation Ariel could put them underwater.

$400 is nothing nowadays. $600 would be absolutely fine desu.

I know, did I claim the opposite?

yes, by naming your thread "AMD hardware: big if true" implying this fact is "a new thing".

>This time we will really get 4k 60fps console bros !!!
>gets 900p cinematic 24-30 fps for yet another console cycle

the specs are big if true you brainlet.

>can't redact for shit
>calls others brainlets

Attached: fbadvibes.jpg (500x346, 43K)

>is the only one confused by the OP
>acts smart

>HDD

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

playstation always has easily replaceable storage, also a 2TB SSD would be half the price of the console

Games installs are like 130gb nowadays so you need that for consolefaggots
On top of that you can put in your own ssd

>people regularly spend $1000 every year on a new phone
>$599 is expensive

yeah, amd gpus are breddy good

I dont see how they are gonna fit all that and cool it in console form factor and all for less than $600? (I guess with severe underclocking)

I also see no point in buying consoles these days except for exclusives and tbqh even most exclusives suck and is sjw tier garbage just like it is with almost every form of entertainment these days.

>big if true
looks pretty reasonable for the next generation console, wouldn't say it's "big", more like what you'd expect

A SSD would be preferable for loading times but they'd have to do some hybrid thing like a 128 GB SSD and a 2 TB HDD because games these days are huge as in really big. My neet brother has a XBox with a 500 GB HDD and it can hold like 3-4 games and that's about it. Looking at prices, the choice would be either something like a 256 GB SSD, which is too small, or a 2+TB HDD.

Google's Stadia could and probably will be a gamechanger and by far become the dominant gaming platform. Got a "smart" TV or tablet or phone? Install the app, you're set. Mom/wife/whatever wants to watch soap opera on the TV? No problem, click pause and switch to your tablet or laptop or whatever and keep on playing.

The potential network effect Stadia could have is why I see it as something with the potential to dominate. You don't need to buy a console, you can just play. That will attract a lot of people and suddenly you have to get on it too if you want to play with your friends because that's what they are using. It could bring around the end of consoles.

Not saying Stadia is a good thing, just being real.

So? I've bought my PS3 600$ when it came out becausw I am not a poorfag

Smartphones are the new gaming console

and games will look the same

(You)

Attached: 1525071769323.png (361x345, 20K)

As soon as people get a feel for the input lag streaming games it becomes a non-starter. 90% of the US' infrastructure is too slow to handle it.

>slow

SPEED IS IRRELEVANT, fucking you morons all over the internet. Latency is inherent to internet communication and has nothing to do with you having 20mbps or 1000.

>google stadia
How is it different than onlive and other services that offer this very same thing? Why would it take off when others didnt?
What I know about google that they bring a ton of stuff but usually dont follow through, remember google glass, it was like the next big thing in tech and then it just dissapeared.

>20GB GDDR6

unlikely, that'd be half the cost of the system

Since the inception of blurays in both major consoles and people accepting day 1 patches the size of games has exploded, games like GTAV are 70GB. And while it's a PC thing the HD texture FF15 on Steam is 150GB.

If consoles keep going down that route they're never going to be viable to ship with SSDs unless everyone wants to only have 1 game installed at a time.

>24GB RAM
bullshit
they better have a 1 TB SSD for console plebs

don't think it will be that much of an issue. google's got a pretty huge network and datacenters all over. bandwidth is a non-issue, if you can watch Netflix then it's fine.

input latency is a concern and you obviously can't solve that completely. so it's a trade-off

I guess one difference is that Google can put a "play now" button next to every gaming livestream and video on youtube. Another is that nobody else has the kind of global server infrastructure google's already got in place for their search services.

As I said, I totally see the potential for it to become the dominant platform and the standard for gaming. We'll see. You are right about Google trying things (google+, and so many other things) without them amounting to anything.

>pushing this much of a loss leader out of the door for a console that will only have 2 or 3 exclusive games worth playing for the next 5 years
When will they learn?

>that'd be half the cost of the system
>8 Gbit (1 GByte) GDDR6 @ 3000 MHz QDR (12 Gbps) $24.34
Way more actually.
They could actually sold for 799/899 tho. Cuz 499 seems impossible.

>upgrade my 2008 core2quad+gtx 260 to R5 2600+ 2060 this month
>mfw already obsolete

Attached: 1345434502376.png (285x276, 69K)

Normies probably will blame the google controller for the latency, thinking it is using infrared due how "it feels like a TV Remote".

But they will also think stadia IS the controller, so this is how it dies.

GDDR6 is way cheaper than that
components-mart.com/product/Micron-Technology/MT61K256M32JE-13-A-TR.html
Also considering the discount Sony can possibly get just from the sheer bulk and the fact consoles have always been slim margin or even a net loss, it's possible to sell something like that for $499

>8c/16t Zen2
Believable
>14.2TF
Not believable.
>Navi GPU
Yeah no.
>SSD
Yikes.

Just imagine for a second what this would cost.

Just the ram would be like $120, CPU and GPU at least another $100.

Sony would need to sell this at a loss or it would have to be at least $599 and no casual would buy it.

FUCK YOU NIGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER

The 2080 Ti doesn't even have 14 Tera flops of power and cost $1200.
The a 14.2TF GPU wouldn't be $100, not in 2020, not in 2025 either.

nvidia pricing is bs

I'm not denying that but there's absolutely no way a FOURTEEN tera flops gpu would be on the next Playstation. Not at a regular price point anyway.

>what is transmission time
Especially in the low bandwidth spectrum this can be surprisingly big. Also connections like

>1TB SSD
yeah i dont think sony wants to pay 100 to 150 dollars for 1tb of storage

>people regularly spend $1000 every year on a new phone
You honesty think people actually plop a full $1000 on the counter of a phone store every few years for a phone?
No they don't, the vast majority of people with flagship phones are on payment plans by their carrier, usually for $30-40 a month for 2 years.
If people actually had to pay full price upfront you wouldn't see nearly the amount of flagships

AMD's teraflop count is always bigger than nvidia's teraflop count in gpus because amd uses a more advanced architecture called GCN that combines gaming and compute into 1 so while an amd gpu has 14tflops its nvidia counterpart will have 10, 11 or 12

>No they don't, the vast majority of people with flagship phones are on payment plans by their carrier, usually for $30-40 a month for 2 years.
pretty sure microsoft has done this with the current xbox

what?

where you could buy an xbox one with monthly payments

>Got a "smart" TV
No
>phone with Google services
No

yeah the difference between xbox consoles and flagship phones is that xbox consoles dont cost an arm and a leg

aren't you a special snowflake!

I see, well the more you know I guess.

I honestly don't know anybody who has a smart TV. Is everyone I know a special snowflake?

if(this==true){this=big};

>20GB VRAM
>4GB OS RAM
oh no no no no no no

Attached: 1549549230325.jpg (640x476, 43K)

With smt this would be 30-35W
Without probably 25-30W. Let's just say 30W.

Well I don't think that will happen but it'd be funny as hell to see the retards really claiming this and Google in full damage control tries to educate their brainlet customers about why it lags without admitting that the very concept is just a flawed console for extreme poorfags.

>8c/16t Zen2
>Believable
Definitely
>14.2TF
>Not believable.
Absolutely believeable, it's just a bit more than double what a 580 has, which will be a 4 year old card when those consoles hit the market
>Navi GPU
>Yeah no.
Definitely yes, navi is literally designed for consoles. It's the only market rtg actually sells a lot of chips.
>SSD
>Yikes.
Op said HHD, tard

The ram is combined probably around 200$ and cpu&gpu will cost more than 100$ too, at least 150, maybe even 200$. 50$ for the HDD and another 50$ worth of psu, cables and casing. So 500$ with a controller at launch or something like that. Reasonable price at this day and age. Older generations weren't cheaper.

The 2080ti is neither competitively priced, 1/3rd of the chip is rt and tensor cores and is also a completely different architecture. You can currently buy a vega 56 for 270$, that is a 10TFlop card with 8GB of HBM(~20$/GB), so the chip itself costs less

>Op said HHD, tard
I meant to say HDD, fuck off fag.

That VRAM capacity is impossible. Literally.
Those teraflops are possible but not what I'd expect from a very high volume die that has to be smaller and cost-efficient.
I'm an AMDrone myself but this is not happening.

Attached: 1551483720102.jpg (970x647, 99K)

What makes this any different to a normal PC now? Before they had the whole unified GDDR RAM for everything part but now it has dedicated system RAM.

>That VRAM capacity is impossible. Literally.
t. retard

Stop shitposting and pray tell me about those industry sources of yours.

It wouldn't just be VRAM it would also be used for game code, much like the PS4 and Xbox One except in this case the PS5's OS will get a dedicated 4GB DDR4 in the memory subsystem leaving the full 20GB GDDR6 available for game code and graphics.

The 4GB would be solely for the OS, game code would still be in the unified GDDR. It would be really stupid to make game code reside on 4GB that it also has to share with the OS

>/v/ faggot in denial about simple facts
Ah yes, not even modern high end consumer grade GPUs reach 20GB VRAM yet, but consoles that have to be affordable will goy!

playstation uses unified memory access for games so it makes sense, also the console is coming out in 2020 or 2021, and even my 980Ti from 2015 has 6GB, and my 1080Ti has 11, so it's not hard to imagine the GPUs of the future having more, and Sony needing extra for their unified memory architecture.

also ram prices have crumbled.

I can't see it not costing >$1000 even as a high volume/low margin product which would already not make a lot of sense as a decision.
Or something big in the industry is coming and suddenly everyone needs absolutely ridiculous hardware to push whatever is next. As you can see, that doesn't make a lot of sense either.

>2TB
so it will fit a whole 3 games huh

stadia has almost 11TF, and sony literally has to have significantly more to even compete.

>Or something big in the industry is coming and suddenly everyone needs absolutely ridiculous hardware to push whatever is next.
4K is what is coming and not just the half-assed 4k from the PS4 pro or xbone X, some actual 4k that is an improvement
4K TVs are fucking everywhere, when you go buy a new TV you can't help but to get a 4k one and it's really about time that you have a game console that is able to push 4k to match what most people already have on their TVs

>20 GB GDDR6

I sincerely feel bad for you if you believe this OP

No that's a single 8GB IC, nobody would use such a configuration, look at 20 X 1GB

Its latency. And it cannot be solved, its bad under IDEAL conditions, and real life will be much worse.

I think your getting confused between bits and bytes
8Gb = 1GB

Is that 14.2TFlop figure FP16 performance?

Why? It's believable.
Consoles were always better than a high-end pc at the moment of their release.

What's even the point of this thread? Nobody will be remotely exicted for this. Try shilling this on /v/
>20GB GDDR6

Remember when the PS4 was supposed to play games in 4K? I remember those "leaks".
Although PS5 will play games at "4k" 30fps with the lowest graphics.

>PS4 better than 4770k + 780 Ti

Attached: 3kWD09G.gif (320x240, 762K)

You're right, I lost the interest after ps3 which was even used to build supercomputer clusters.

reminder

Attached: 1532419890415.png (602x317, 41K)

I wouldn't say better than a high-end PC, but both the Xbox 360 and PS3 where way up there with the high-end PC on their release and if anything those system delivered high-end PC power at bargain basement prices
The PS4 and Xbox One was a step back from the gen before it as it seemed both Sony and MS actually wanted to make money off of consoles and both systems came out to be very mediocre compered to there PC counterparts

14.2 tf at FP16 would actually be believable.

A cut down Navi with lowered clock speeds isn't going to be faster than the Radeon VII, I can't believe anyone would even think that.

This was before low level APIs became mainstream, i.e. when Carmack was still playing around with openGL, which he admitted at the time was WORSE than D3D11 much less Vulkan or D3D12

He's talking about the Voodoo era when consoles were still consoles.