Remember when the Radeon VII was rumored to be faster than the RTX-2080ti?

Remember when the Radeon VII was rumored to be faster than the RTX-2080ti?
Remember how the benchmarks turned out in comparison to the RTX-2080ti?
Does AMD realize that Ray Tracing is a meme?
Find out in the next, Dragon Skub Z!!!

>OST Related
youtube.com/watch?v=eiHu_wmZT-o

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-03-29 at 2.17.32 PM.png (1556x1364, 1.52M)

Other urls found in this thread:

digitaltrends.com/computing/amd-gpu-ray-tracing-navi-20/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>By Hassan Pajeeti
No

Maybe Jon Martindale is more to your liking
digitaltrends.com/computing/amd-gpu-ray-tracing-navi-20/

Nvidia raytracing sucks dick.
If you are comparing 2080ti and RTX on with AMDs Ray tracing it might actually be 10-15 frames faster.

But as soon as it's disabled the 2080ti is just so much faster.

Navi is a $300 part that beats the 2060. Nothing more nothing less. If navi beat the 2080ti, radeon vii wouldn't have been launched

navi is going to be 250 msrp launch

Yeah I think this is the 4th gen now I've heard all about AMDs new GPU that will finally compete with Nvidias best, up until it launches.

We got some Navi hype here. Let's see how AMD's offerings turn out this year.

AMD won't, you could hope for some silly reason but they just aren't interested.

The simple truth is that very few people are buying a 2080ti. They ain't selling. There's some that are willing to spend $1000 on a GPU but it ain't many. Look at Steam statistics and things like that if you don't get it. Most people, as in most of the sales, are around the $250-300 price-point. That's the sweet-spot. That is what AMD will fight for with Navi.

Who knows what the GPU wars could continue if Qualcomm expanded their horizon beyond mobile devices, and decided to join in, akin to how the United States entered WWI.

Would anyone get hyped for a Desktop GPU from Qualcomm?

>may end up being much faster
every time AMD releases cards this is said, and every time it underperforms because of driver shit (on every OS).
t AMD user

I have a Fury X and want to keep my GoySync monitor.

Do I get the Vega VII or just wait (feels like all you can do is fucking wait with GPUs)?

7nm is massive improved over 12nm aka 16nm current turing

>Qualcomm
>Ever

No thanks

probably would become a Qualcomm/Intel or Qualcomm/AMD partnership

Doesn't really matter as long as Nvidia can't get with the program and produce a good driver.
I still have yet to run into a game my Vega 56 can't handle.

They have the best mobile gpu so it would be interesting to see if they could do for desktop/server

No CUDA, no use.

I just want SR-IOV, even if it's just a limited version...

so the main PR point of nvidia is actually shit compared with amd

therefore just disable it to claim superiority?

No matter how you slice, Radeon VII looks like a retarded GPU.

Why do you guys do that to yourselves.
Every single time they say that and every single time is a massive disappointment

50 dollars says this will be half baked or never implemented feature like that shader thing

Attached: 101969-lisa-su-leadership-profile-1260x709_3.png (1260x709, 781K)

>may end up being faster
Yes, it may. Intel may also beat Zen 2, Apple may finally release a machine with up to date specs for a competitive price, and I may have a bridge to sell anyone who believes any of these things.

>Remember when the Radeon VII was rumored to be faster than the RTX-2080ti?
no, because it didnt exist and then it was released, there was no hype buildup

>AMD's new GPU will cost $25 and offer 500% better performance compared to Nvidia's top flagship
This shit has been going on for like 10 years now, does anyone still believe this shit?

Only rumor I heard about "Vega 2" was it was cancelled.

should i just get a 2080, navi sounds too far away and may not even be better

There's no way Navi is as fast as a 2080 or Radeon VII. It'll be better price/performance for sure, but don't wait on a purchase in hopes that it'll be stronger than what you can get now.

based SR-IOV poster

Good point. Moreover, I think desktop/server GPUs could make for good roadmaps for what would eventually be shrunken down to mobile size.
Would be fun to speculate what Qualcomm would name their desktop/server GPUs after.

AMD is not releasing a more powerful card than Vega 7. You should only wait if the current offers don't satisfy you in either power consumption or noise (though I know they usually go hand in hand). Amd is not pushing the envelope with Navi, get this imprinted in your head.

>Vega 7
Radon VII probably woke AMD up to the realization that they need to shift their focus on Power Efficiency. How else could you explain the Navi being in development hell?

>hbm
Its going to cost the same or more than the 2080ti and is going to perform the same or worse.

AMD would out perform nvidia if the just use gddr and a vastly improved compression

>Remember when the Radeon VII was rumored to be faster than the RTX-2080ti?
I remember when Nvidia tried to hype the shit out of the Radeon VII making outlandish claims in their usual bid to make an AMD launch look bad. Seems a lot like what you're doing. Do I hear the sound of hands rubbing together?

3D acceleration was a meme in the early 90's.
Geforce RTX is the S3 Virge, and navi will be the ATI Rage of raytracing.

But Someday the 3Dfx Voodoo of raytracing will appear.

As far as I know nobody has yet to confirm whether or not the Radeon VII has it. It's really annoying.

>Nvidia is the one advertising AMD products
Thanks for the laugh copeposter

>gddr
Every Radeon RX 500 series card has GDDR5.
The Radeon VII, Vega 64, and Vega 56 have HBM2
Even the RX 550 has a faster effective memory speed than the Radeon VII, yet the latter has vastly superior maximum memory bandwidth than the former.
Pic Related.

Attached: iu-1.jpg (320x180, 16K)

>Do I get the Vega VII or just wait
could look for a good deal on a vega 56 or 64 also, they're decent when cooled well so they can keep clock speeds up

the seven meme just builds on them with more memory bandwidth and higher clock speeds

same thing from my research
I have one and I have no idea how to check if it does but I doubt it'd have SR-IOV, due to that being a "server feature"

from what i've heard GCN has a extreme thirst for memory bandwidth/latency

>Radeon VII was rumored to be faster than the RTX-2080ti
No

GCN has an extreme thirst to be pulled out back and put of its misery

There will be a 2080ti beating Navi part down the line but it won't be Navi 10 or 20.
The first Navi parts will be midrange and around Vega 56/64 or RTX 2060/70 performance

>amd has no raytracing, praise nvidia
>okay, if amd and nvidia both have raytracing and if we turn off rtx in nvidia, nvidia will give 10/15 more fps, ayymd btfo
the absolute state of nvidiafags

Navi 20 will be coming next year with 7nm EUV process. Meaning improved power consumption. So possibly better clocks. The top end navi 10, which is coming later this year will compete with the 2070 at a $250 price point. Even if it makes it to $300, it's still much cheaper than a 2070. Let's say that Navi 20 is a modest bump, although the difference is still quite good, to a 2080. That bumps the top navi 10 card down a bit in price to, say $200? And the Navi 20 top card is at $300? I think AMD are doing that to push mGPU, I think that's their end game in the discrete GPU market.

We know that AMD can do ray tracing no problem with GCN without any modifications to the hardware, so that's a no brainer.
But I really, really hope that Navi can actually compete, nVidia domination has been awful for me so far.

>radeon vii wouldn't have been launched
They can limit FP64 of "big" Navi to way less then 3.5 TFlops and as a result RVII and big Navi will have different markets.

...and 300w power consumption if ayymd's latest releases are of any indication.

>the next AMD generation will BTFO Nvidia

Attached: tenor.gif (244x244, 842K)