Google interview coming up

>google interview coming up
>trying to prepare
>have to know like a million random things perfectly
WTF IS THE POINT

Attached: 1542091103533.jpg (960x960, 395K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ztyCQjiAAdU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>applying for a job in Google in the first place
neck yourself faggot

that's basically what it'll be like when you work there

imagine not working at google and not making 6 figures a year
neck yourself faggot

>imagine not being an epixx Jow Forums hacker and hacking banks and making 6 figures instead of a wagecuck working for a botnet
Seriously, get off Jow Forums and suck goolag's ass.

The point is to get a job at google, fucktard

>imagine not sucking trannies cock and not making 6 figures a year
yeah i pass

It's so hard to prepare.

Attached: 1553494413816.jpg (779x899, 161K)

You'll be fine, Google loves hiring pussies

Reminder that google spends 20x as much money hiring women as they do men, and that it's 7x easier to get a STEM job as a woman, and who knows how much easier for other """minority""" demographics.

Really hope you aren't male/white/asian/cis/het, then you'll really have to know your stuff.

I'm LGBT but how are they going to know...

I would totally go the moot route if I wasn't a lazy burnout, I'll continue wasting my life on compulsive shitposting instead.

Invent a a fake company and give yourself a fake title that shows you were responsible for including lgbt people, put that in your resume.
Or write a CoC for some stuff.

you're a fucking cuck

Dont go work at google.
Theyve been infected with SJWs for years now

Signalling, and ticking the boxes on diversity surveys.

You know how LGBT "coders" have LGBT flags on their twitter and write about sex in their bio? You know how they dress like shit and talk with that fake accent? You know how whenever they answer a question it comes back to their gender/sex/sexual orientation? Signalling mate.

just like any test, the point is not knowing everything but being able to express that you have an understanding of a reasonable number of the topics.

this is why gender quotas and diversity should be banned

You're working at Google, duh. You need to know a million things in order to respond to people searching as fast as possible.

I would make sure you know how to tie a tie, I search that pretty often so I think it's a common question you'll have to answer.

Go back to Jow Forums pls

dude, don't stress yourself out trying to cram a bunch of stuff into your head before the interview. it's better to be in good spirits and to answer questions honestly and with confidence. if you don't know an answer, just tell them that. look, if you're not the right person for the job, don't try to fake your way in by trying to learn a bunch of answers now. it's better to get a job that *you are qualified for*, not one that you lucked into.

OP, you do realize they burn people out at Google, right? Unless you're a man with a plan, and you don't care about directly contributing to the downfall of the Western civilization, I'd advise against it. The total comp isn't even that good in places like SF and NYC when you count the overtime.

But hey, what the fuck do I know, I make six figures without doing defense contractor shit, botnet shit, nor do I have to do overtime.

>it's better to get a job that *you are qualified for*, not one that you lucked into.
Richard Branson says the opposite.

>it's better to get a job that *you are qualified for*, not one that you lucked into.
The problem is that for any entry level position in google, literally any CS grade is qualified.

you never heard the term 'fake it till you make it'?

I'm confident I can succeed at google position, the interview just feels like a crapshoot.

>But hey, what the fuck do I know, I make six figures without doing defense contractor shit, botnet shit, nor do I have to do overtime.
How much and how?

I feel the same. But then I don't really want to work at Google anyway.

be prepared once, after that you have google ;)

How to master the faggy lisp?

Well do you want the job or not?

Reminder that Jow Forums garbage had a containment board where bullshit claims belong.

Don't bother. It's NEET LARP shitposting, these type of posts always are.

$110k/yr, Northern Europe. Just be in the top 15% of devs and don't be afraid of challenges. Expand your territory not out of necessity but out of passion.

t. literal losers project their worldview outwards

faggot

I already make more than that but google will be better for career.

Attached: 1546374995026.png (707x1000, 665K)

If so, good for you, unironically. You have however failed to respond to anything relevant I've said so far.

Are you ?
If western civilization is going to fall might as well get paid while it happens.
Total comp seems hard to beat outside of finance which has even worse ball buster interviews.

The total comp is shit when you consider the fact that you could near equal pay in the flyover states but with no burden of the soul and half the overtime.

Then again, if you're betting it all against the West's survival, why not become a hitman? You know this is a hyperbole but I hope you get my point.

Attached: total-comp.png (649x129, 8K)

Where in flyover states can you make ~200k with

Ignore the retarded losers who drink the antiSJW koolaid.

Yes, there's a lot of that there, but some of the individual teams are pretty redpilled. If you're one of the contracted teams you get just of Google's perks (except massages) without having to deal with SJW bullshit policy

t. Google contractor

I don't care about sjw/political shit of my coworkers.
Interview would be for full time. How long are your contracts?

>Where in flyover states can you make ~200k with >bla bla bla I'll just ignore the overtime hours and the cost of living
>The work life balance of people I know at google seems pretty good
>>the people in the cult seem to be doing good
Fuck it, I'm not your counselor. Go ahead, sacrifice yourself for the Ba'al.

Just never fucking dare to say you weren't warned.

It's a full time salaried position. My company is contracted indefinitely by Google. I am technically not a google employee (fun fact, 49.99% of Google's "employees" are contracted like me), but I get all of the benefits of working at Google and don't have the same corporate policy as Google. This is where you get the most freedom IMO.

Oh and to be clear I work /at/ Google, /for/ Google, working on Google products, but am not paid by Google, they pay my boss's company which pays me to do Google work.

Did you go through same hiring process? Or is it through your company.

In flyover states you don't need 200k, everything costs noticably less.

No.

>putting in any effort at all is too much
Google is shit to work for. People literally only work there to network and then start their own company with the contacts they made.

It's easier, through the company. They try to lowball salaries but if you're a good negotiator salary is never an issue. $150k for NDA'd Google work.

Look for jobs not put up by Google but advertise working on Google campus or are "Google contractor" jobs.

Attached: gulagtailgators.png (1512x2016, 3.22M)

CoL doesn't scale with salary especially for someone like me who is frugal and has an "abnormal" budget.
My absolute savings are higher for working in Silicon Valley and I can buy lots of things at standard price online.

150k base? Do you get stock?
I'm supposed to schedule onsite with google recruiter so I'll just go that route for now.
What product area are you in?

This is my last reply ITT.
>CoL doesn't scale with salary especially for someone like me who is frugal and has an "abnormal" budget.
Good for you bud. you still haven't addressed the overtime, the ethical compromises or the mentality of give-zero-fucks attitude about burning out employees.

I'm not your savior, you do your thing, enjoy life in modern hellscape (for scraps). You have been warned.

This is a fucking meme, the people complaining about harassment and misgendering are the same retards "burning" out because they're faggots that can't do actual work without having a panic attack.

No stock. Cloud related work.

Attached: bathroomcodingtips1.png (749x906, 910K)

That seems low for google.

Depends what position and how high up. I've met full time employees making $60k.

In mtv? Are they janitors or something?
I already make a bit more than that at 2nd tier company. I thought google new grads got like 180-200k.

Maybe in NYC or SF, if you're also great and not hired specifically as one of the fresh-from-college butt boys and instead as an entry dev

I kind of hate the google hiring process, but I'm also bitter because I failed after making it to onsites and wasting five hours while sucking miserably at whiteboarding solutions

Any tips for prepping for onsite?

I'm in NYC. $60k salaries happened to contractors of shitty companies here too, or if the employees don't know their worth and lowball themselves. They're very eager to grab good devs for cheap, make no mistake. Google and their contracted companies are no angels.

>you'll really have to know your stuff.
They're going to have to hire at least some people to get actual work done, right? Or they literally floating a company on bots clicking on DOM objects for advertisers?

Attached: source.jpg (125x49, 1K)

>all that white fragility
Hope you enjoy being a hated minority pendejo.

Know literally everything because nothing is off the table, be prepared to answer questions for five hours (though lunch was chill), have a good anecdote to tell and endear you to the lunch interviewer (they specifically wanted me in and invited me to apply again in a year), tune your autist levels down to maybe 30%

This I can confirm though. Google forces equity over equality.

Still waiting on this. I want to get an advantage in the field

>half of 0 hours overtime = 0 overtime
>make less money after rent
>have to drive to your job

Wow, so convincing.

Ah, good to know. I have friends in my current company that have contracted for Google in Pittsburgh and they talk about it like it was fairly miserable. Lower pay than average for a dev in the city, culture was unpleasent (and they're very both way far left), just kind of soured me on it.

Still probably going to apply, just going to wait longer than I was originally planning and negotiate for a better salary if I actually pass that time

I never work overtime. I don't know what this idiot is talking about. My hours are usually 9:30-5, with half an hour for breakfast, 45 minute lunch, and 45 minutes at the gym.

>have a good anecdote to tell and endear you to the lunch interviewer
Example? Like a tech thing?

Doesn't have to, though it could be
A good interview anecdote is just an entertaining story that gives two key pieces of information

1) You are fun and personable, able to socialize like a normal human being
2) You have some sort of quality that shows competence in some way

For mine, its the general story of how I learned how to program, for some reason the only class that was available to me in highschool was in fucking QBASIC, so that was the start of my career
It was easy so I had a lot of free time to add in random extras, and they got progressively more over the top as my knowledge base got larger
My teacher hated it
The last extra I was allowed to add was a success screen for a guessing game, that flashed the screen and text random colors while playing the Star Wars theme in bell tones, after that the teacher nixed it because it was incredibly annoying to her

For me, the story demonstrates that I can make the most of a bad situation, flex my programming skills to go above and beyond what's required without being asked, and
gives me slight 'nerd cred' but in a good way, at least I think it does

just try your best OP either you get the job or not thats just how things are, just relax.

Is this reminder necessary? The error stated may not be obvious but the poor practice of heavily nested if statements is kind of obvious right?

Some innocent humour in a sea of shit. Thanks for that one user, gave me a hearty chuckle.

Faceberg do this shit too, it's way of paying people less while keeping the (((average))) salaries high

Literally put it on your CV

Say you advocate for LGBT rights or some bullshit, or you were in an LGBT society in uni

I am not shitting you, they will fall over themselves to interview you

Being an unironic homo gives you victim points, that's what Valley-style tech recruiter bitches love

They have these little reminders in the bathroom stalls at Google. They're kinda cool, gives you something to read. For most people it's obvious, but sometimes you'll find something you didn't know.

Imagine living in california just so you can pretend you're earning a lot of money when in reality it goes right to yolanda and mr landlordenberg

Its good to chase your goals, but don't wrap up your identity in their brand. They don't care about you.

youtube.com/watch?v=ztyCQjiAAdU
just don't be this guy

How do I know you're a Pajeet?

No need to pretend. Enjoy earning 60k a year in flyoverland. At least your rent is cheaper!

Attached: 1548409931.png (1019x559, 43K)

Google interviewer here.

Of course it's hard, if it was easy everyone would do it. Google selects for very talented people and pays accordingly, that's why you want the job right?

If you are studying for the interview then you are already on the right track. Keep preparing, do mock interviews, and maybe you have a shot. When you are in the interview, don't try any tricks just be focused on answering the question correctly. Seems obvious but that's what we're looking for.

GOD that fucking hurts i can barely watch this

This looks not too hard so far, but watching it almost gives me a panic attack. I just can not handle the stress of an interview.

How are the interviews at Google at the moment? I have read that you moved away from "trick questions" so how is it like? Mostly the standard algorithms and data structures?

If I find a solution but not the solution with the ebst complexity I know that is bad, but is that an automatic fail? Or will a slower solution still sometimes be accepted?

Why would you want to work for a lefty fag company? Do you enjoy being a masochist?

>How are the interviews at Google at the moment? I have read that you moved away from "trick questions" so how is it like? Mostly the standard algorithms and data structures?
Right, there are no trick questions, mostly algorithms and data structures. You can actually find a lot online e.g. at careercup.com. Cracking the coding interview is also relevant but doesn't have a lot of sample questions.

>If I find a solution but not the solution with the ebst complexity I know that is bad, but is that an automatic fail? Or will a slower solution still sometimes be accepted?
It's not really a pass fail kind of deal. Can't really give details but each interviewer will judge your overall performance and then results from all interviews will be combined. So you can do poorly in one and still be ok but if your solutions are consistently wrong or suboptimal then that's bad.

Congrats on getting the interview :)
There are a lot of salty people in this thread because they will never reach the Google hiring bar. I used to work at Google and it was the comfiest job I've ever had.

Googoo interviewer here.
What do you wanna know (and no I'm not going to give you any non-banned questions)

most the people they interview didn't apply, once you get a job you get these faggot recruiters messaging you constantly

source I did amazon and google interview this way

I agree, don't cram. dont do 150 leetcodes in 2 weeks limit yourself to 1-2 a day. Just do it consistently over a few years.

Hey OP what do you need to know? I'd love to shift careers into working at Google instead of being a loser, and as a visible minority who previously considered those sorts of hiring practices a bit crazy, I realized I need to try to capitalize on it before the social pendulum swings back and people are legitimately hostile to minorities because of all the shitshow I had no part or say in.

my tip is to make it your lifestyle

DONT CRAM

do 1-2 leetcode a day for literally a few years (if you are still in school thats perfect, start asap)

also practice the actual interview scenario, e.g. speaking out loud

also remember not all companies do this coding style interview, you dont have to waste your time if you are happy working elsewhere (where you can prep in a few hours)

Hey you, another Googoo guy here.

I'm having trouble rating this candidate today. He flunked the question but was really good at communicating.

I was going to give him LNH but I wrote in LH because I felt bad for him. Am I being a cuck?

Attached: anger-cat.jpg (236x203, 8K)

>the people complaining about harassment and misgendering are the same retards "burning" out because they're faggots that can't do actual work without having a panic attack.
This DESU. The SJW don't last at Googz. It's only the old boomer libs that do.

Zoomers just work there for 3 years and then travel the world and take LSD. Or become YouTubers. Based.

Question for Googlers from a Noogler

Is it true that your manager will trap you into working to the bone if you let him?

Attached: D12uLuaW0AAIJ1R-1.jpg (1200x1078, 190K)

Not necessarily. My manager stresses the importance of good work-life balance.

>190k
lold