Debuts wireless charging airpods

>debuts wireless charging airpods
>includes the upcoming official charger diagram right on the back of the box
>Cancels the charger THE VERY SAME WEEK
THE CURRENT STATE OF CUPERTINO APPLE INC
NOBODY BEHIND THE WHEEL

INCLUSIVE HIRING ALREADY GIVING RESULTS, LIKE IN EA, BLIZZARD, GOOGLE
YU LITERALLY CAN'T FUCK IT UP THIS BAD

Attached: IMG_20190329_223356.jpg (1024x576, 48K)

Just dont buy the product. Why does it trigger such an emotional response in you, that you took the time to make this thread instead of doing something productive?

SEETHING

Because it is funny as fuck for a company this big to have such bad management
Imagine Jobso seeing this. He would literally fire half the company

Attached: Screenshot_20190329-224445.png (1080x1143, 430K)

Just dont reply to the thread. Why does it trigger such an emotional response in you, that you took the time to write that post instead of doing something productive?

ayy lmao
where do they put those billions to? retards

iTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1524375028283.gif (540x304, 1.78M)

Fucking kys you attention seeking faggot

Make your own wireless IEM

Attached: 20190329_153012-01.jpg (3691x2988, 1.92M)

SEETHING

Attached: 1523659138405.gif (514x900, 140K)

Emotions bad!

Attached: 1539689593718.jpg (408x431, 12K)

I have a htc one m8 you subhuman

Attached: nestingdolls.jpg (265x190, 11K)

I mean, its just a rounded rectangle. not like it doesn't still represent a wireless charging pad. and its probably a good thing that apple doesn't make their own over priced charging pad and allows their users to use any of them.

seeing what? the box ? or that meme you posted?

Seeing the charger fuckup
The tweets are from a fake meme account ofc

I think there would be 1,000,000 other things going on in that company that would make jobs lose his shit before some art on the box. one being the product in the fucking box itself.

based

What happened?

One trillion dollar company

vaporware

from reddit apple subreddit:

"I do some work in the wireless power space. The AirPower mat was rumored to have in the range of 32 coils to allow for total x/y freedom. It's a bit hard to explain just how complicated that is. The magnetics and coil selection algorithms are super complicated. By comparison, the most number of coils that I have personally seen is 5 and that was a nightmare.

Inside the industry there was a high degree of skepticism that Apple would actually be able to make a working product, with the general consensus being that if they did get it working it would need to cost close to $300. At that price point I don't think it make much sense. You can have 5 very nice charging pads for the same price."

Explain to a brainlet why couldn't they just daisy chain a few coils in a long single mat?
I.e. instead of having 5 small mats, you take out the coils, connect them to a power source and have it run like so?
I cab do that right now with 5 chargers. If I solder the 5v +- of each of them to a single point I don't see a reason for it not to work.

based

is it just me or is he becoming a fat fuck

>Apple would cancel a product due to absurd over-complexity before they'd rely on the end user to do a single thing (in this case position the device to be charged in a designated position) for themselves
The absolute fucking state of Apple.

not him but I think it has something to do with not running all the coils full tilt and only energizing the coils that have an item in their area. Curious to see what the other poster says.

Attached: 1553624990623.png (313x291, 134K)

I fucking wish they succeeded. I hate having to find the one position my phone needs to lay on the charging puck to charge. I also can't believe it's as hard as it is.

One, it causes more heat.
Two, destructive interference.

>apple gets their 32 coil mat working
>sets up user testing with carefully selected high level ifags
>tell the ifags to try charging their airpods
>ifags cover their heads with the mat while the pods are in their ears
>set their heads on fire
>mat cancelled

Attached: 1548790289359.png (535x460, 349K)

based with a big B

The issue is that wireless charging works by using induction to induce a current in one coil (in your phone) by running current through another coil (in the mat). This process is very sensitive to how the coils are positioned to one another. Anything except a perfect alignment cause efficiency to plummet. Apple's dumbass idea was to "solve" this issue and create a product that could charge any device in any position on the mat. This idea has so, so many problems with it. Since the coils are sensitive to not only their relative positions but also their relative sizes, and in the case of wireess charging there are standards to conform to, you're basically fucked from every direction from the very beginning, by basic, fundamental laws of electricity you literally learn in you first semester in EE. I honestly can't comprehend how not only Apple's engineers couldn't talk sense into product management, but that management wasn't aware of the fundamental problems with such an idea. Since the coils have to be positioned correctly, the only way to approach the problem is to have tons of coils layered over each other, so that no matter where you position a device on it it is within alignment of at least one coil. OK. Easy peasy. But now electricity is going to fuck your shit up. First of all, how do you know which coil to energize? Already you have to have non-trivial logic processing in a god damn charging mat. But then you just get fucked. Since there are so many coils, so close together, when you pump electrons through one to move electrons in the phone, you now have to waste a ton of energy moving electrons in all the coils in the pad, which creates a few problems. First, it means you have to use a fuck load more power to deliver the same amount to the device. And second, all that power is just getting dumped into the pad in the form of heat, which Apple couldn't fix.
TL;DR: Apple is fucking stupid.

>its another pajeetdroid seething thread
Y I K E S

i mean the obvious solution here is just to have cheap plastic cradles for your devices, but then it isn't "elegant."

B&R

They made the pods last year but the pad wasn't ready then they realised the pad is a dead end so released the pods

Not going to remake millions of boxes just for that

No you don't you faggot. That shit is 5 years old almost

wait so youd need to put them in a case, and then put it on the charger

thats not very intuitive

management isn't stupid, they just don't have that knowledge. they have a lot of cash to play with and they took a bet on the engineering department who assured them that it could be done

Behold, an example of the kind of brainlet Apple caters their products to.

based