Pixelbook

What's even the point of these machines? I like the screen but what purpose do they serve that any other shitty laptop can't do?

Attached: google-pixelbook-and-pen-3.jpg (770x433, 36K)

nvm figured it out

No one actually buys them. They are designed so that Google can say that Chrome OS also runs in a flagship device. Its hardware is *really* overpriced.

The 90% of the people that use Chromebooks use them because they are cheap, simple and fast.

Attached: 1507418676688.png (604x613, 257K)

I refuse to buy any computing device named "book". It just sounds so fucking dumb and hispter.

Even Toughbook?

I mean it's a book, but it's tough.

But you are ok with buying a computing device named "pad"?

No, those are pretty gay too and I don't buy them.
But the naming convention is at least slightly less gay than "book"s because those "pads" are actually uniquely different devices from standard laptops and so I can understand the desire to give them some new name.
But "book" is like some attempt to rebrand "laptop".

>>"pads" are actually uniquely different devices from standard laptops
What is uniquely different about a ThinkPad or IdeaPad?

Compared to a laptop? The physical human interface hardware is totally different.

chromebooks are at least better than macbooks becuase they run linux and android apps, which automatically makes them better than fagbooks

at least it's not a macbook. more expensive, fewer features lol

>chromebooks

I would honeslty rather use a raspberry pi laptop than that.

both options are better than fagbooks tho

Why would you lie on the internet?

Attached: marques is skeptical.gif (376x358, 2.16M)

at least if you buy a pixelbook then you're getting more for your money than if you spent the same amount on a macbook, those things are truly useless

I've pretty much fully transitioned to using it for nearly everything. Turns out, I don't need the rest of the OS to browse the internet, take some notes, and do some hobby programming.
My only real complaint is some bugs with the Linux "apps", but that's software, and is a temporary issue.

It's the best computer. Everything else is crap. It can do everything.

>Being too retarded to know that ThinkPad isn't the same as iPad

I'm pretty sure I should feel proud of that. But to each his own.

Notebook started being used because
1. Using a laptop in your lap is actually pretty fucking painful on your neck
2. Lawyers don't want any chances of getting sued for burns or exploding batteries causing bodily harm
3. Widescreen form factor and reduction in size and thickness warranted a new category

99.9% of computer users spend most of their time in web browsers. ChromeOS takes advantage of this and creates an OS that’s just a web browser, cutting out all the extra shit and making everything faster.

You can do everything in a web browser, including office work, coding, etc.
It’s probabky not enough for you or I, but for the vast majority, it’s enough.