Why do you use Fedora?

I'm curious as to why some people use Fedora opposed to things like Ubuntu. What do you personally feel Fedora offers that other distros do not? Review Fedora for me. Be civil thanks!

Attached: RH_Fedora_logo_web.jpg (620x350, 96K)

more up to date
just werks
red hat shit

>always works
>no amazon bullshit
>updated kernel
>DE's are packaged with shit that is nice
>grouplists that are alone worth it
>redhat fun times
>rpmfusion and dnfdragora
>firewall
>server version is amazing ootb
Always found myself coming back, it's more updated redhat, what more could you want?

just works

>Amazon
that was literally once, years ago, on unity, which is discontinued

>fool me once

What? the amazon short link is STILL there with every fresh install of any version past 16.04, which was only 3 years ago. The fact that it still happened drove users away.

Attached: v4mGrJm.jpg (480x350, 14K)

I got into it because I wanted to try the spins, and it just worked for my hardware and needs. As a bonus, years ago my first attempt at linux was redhat, so I guess it's kinda natural that I went in that same route.

upstream red hat linux, a vanilla linux flavor

>just operates as intended
>Pretty vanilla, no unnecesary programs preinstalled
>pretty secure (has seLinux configured and the majority of the packages are compiled with PIE)
>no botnet
>Supported by Redhat, one of the largest linux contributor. Doesn't need botnet contracts to spy on users searches.
>everything in the inside(community, package maintaining, infrastructure etc) is done proffesionaly, which makes it a very stable distro.

Whomever believes that redhat is botnet or Fedora is a Redhat testbed is an archfag

Just werks
And with lastest gnome 30.32 is alot better now

Attached: 1553841204411.jpg (333x477, 30K)

it's comfy as a java dev station

>Closest to RedHat/CentOS, which is what the employed class uses at work.
>New software like Arch, stable like Debian.
>Large contributor to Gnome and Wayland.
>In-place version upgrades that actually work.
>Large support community.
>Name predates meme.

Attached: c87.jpg (600x902, 58K)

arch users are really fucking retarded,
>"haha fedora is red hat beta xD"
>uses fucking arch which breaks every update

>gnome
>systemd
>selinux

this
>haha lol xD redhat shits on fedora updates and it breaks everything lel fuck capitalism arch is better
>use arch
>update a package maintained by some nigger
>breaks everything

don't forget, in arch you are forced to do full upgrades instead of just security or bugfixes. While in fedora you have bugfixes, security or feature upgrades, whatever you like better depending on your use case (server, desktop, laptop).
Whereas arch is supposed to be customizable enough to use anywhere, but truth is for every use case it's shit.
You only listed good things, and at that Fedora and Red Hat are the ones actually developing those technologies.

>gnome, systemd, selinux
>good things
Ok kiddo

>Look guyze I hate these I'm so cool
GNOME is a nice DE, selinux is really good for security' and systemd is ok
And the fact that these are used on a distro made by the same people that made them means they're very good implemented, unlike crarch

It was the only hand-holding distribution, at the time, that provided drivers for my bleeding edge hardware. I don't have enough free time for Archlinux or Gentoo.

>gnome
>nice DE
I have no idea what Gnome is or does, sorry.

desu there's nothing wrong with not knowing that Xfeces exists

he was obviously joking, Xfce is shit

Yeah I was implying that.

For some reason when I started using lunix Ubuntu didn't like my hardware configuration, but Fedora worked fine. I learned linux with it, and after distro hopping I just decided to say fuck it and roll with it. Since then it's just been inertia.

I started using Fedora because:

>Red Hat like experience
>Different desktop environment support
>Stable yet updated packages
>Commands are similar to other distros
>My school uses CentOS, which is similar to Fedora.
>It just works

because swag is for children

Silverblue is my bae

I have been thinking of installing silverblue.

Do you find it usable for day-to-day use? Have you run into any significant problems using it?

Because of using CENTOS/RHEL so much for work, it was a kind of natural choice. I can't tell you the dpkg equivalent of rpm -qa for instance, so it's just comfier. Also cinnamon ootb version is nice.

Haven't seriously used another distro for probably 7 years now. That said, I still suggest Ubuntu for anyone new.

Works but I'm going back to rolling Ubuntu.

It's stable.
Package are recent.
It has SELinux.
Always free.
Community is small but welcoming.
It has enterprise backing.
I'm slaving for it.

Fedora = Ubuntu Beta
CentOS/RHL = Debian Stable branch

I hope that clears things up.