Finally, Microsoft

finally, Microsoft
>Separating Search and Cortana (Build 18317)
>Going forward, we’ll be decoupling Search and Cortana in the taskbar. This will enable each experience to innovate independently to best serve their target audiences and use cases. Some Insiders have had this update for a few weeks now, and we appreciate all the feedback we’ve received about it so far! For those new to this update, when it rolls out to you, you’ll find clicking the search box in the taskbar now launches our experience focused on giving you the best in house search experience and clicking the Cortana icon will launch you straight into our voice-first digital assistant experience.

Attached: Billy.jpg (1280x720, 110K)

also,
>Introducing Windows Sandbox! (Build 18305)
>Windows Sandbox is a new lightweight desktop environment tailored for safely running applications in isolation.
there are less and less things that make unix-like systems better with every win upgrade

But regardless, no matter how many great new features Microsoft adds to Windows 10, the GNU plus Freetards will still REEEEEEEEE because they collect a small amount of computer data for building statistics because muh complete privacy.

>inb4 paid shill

Attached: Screenshot_20190330-170746_Gallery.jpg (1080x1024, 382K)

>dumb frogposter
>literally dumb

>not actually making a point

Did it really require 3 posts to type out this utter bullshit? Look, 1 post
> He thinks wangblows won't fuck up again.
> Cherry picking the few things wangblows does right

Search and Cortana weren't even supposed to be welded together, dumb frog nigger

Yep they're good features, what about it? Microsoft is 10-20 years behind and it's too late

>Did it really require 3 posts to type out this utter bullshit?
Me and OP are different people.

There is no hope for this board.

I got my firejail

This was never a problem for Win 7 users.

based

EXPERIENCE
EXPERIENCE
EXPERIENCE
EXPERIENCE

based and redpilled

MOM CANCEL MY MEETINGS

Should've done it when Win10 first released.

>they collect a small amount of computer data for building statistics
How the fuck do you know what they collect?

Can't wait for LTSC 2020.

I always just prevented cortana from running using group policy

>a small amount

Attached: 1552161009630.png (605x381, 187K)

YES YES IT'S TOO LATE

2020 YEAR OF DESKTOP LINUX COMRADES

it's comical how long you managed to stay in denial

It would be interesting if anyone has sauce on exactly what Microsoft collects from you. Expecially when you turn off everything (Like allowing apps to see your location)

That's the problem with proprietary software, you can never know unless you actually worked on it and even then they most definitely will have you sign an NDA, always choose software that respects your freedom to study its source code.

Oh I did not know that it was a big secret, but that's interesting to hear.

I was sort of given the impression that since the NSA often has to exploit ports to get into windows machines, that they were mostly secure barring the actual software of course. But I'm not putting my chips down on that because it's pretty clear that even if Microsoft had an interest in protecting your data, They'd have an impossible time enforcing it anyways.

With all that in mind, Do you have a (Safe OS) that I should try?

If they could wake up and make more changes like this, maybe I'd consider using Windows more. Next, they should remove the preinstalled Candy Crush.

>inb4 this sandbox is exploited in under 10 minutes

>they were mostly secure
Read up on security by obscurity, even though Windows' source code isn't widely available it's still plagued with tons of malware.
>Do you have a (Safe OS) that I should try?
Fedora/Debian/Ubuntu are all good for beginners.

Thanks for the advice i'll look into it. Windows is good enough for my use, Since I don't really do anything that illegal or that I'm ashamed of, but I am bothered about the ad botnets

based and redpilled, you should be CEO

How about having store apps, cortana, telemetry, forced updates, feature updates disabled or better yet removed/optional, like I choose during instalation what I want and what I dont want. Not possible? Thought so, nowhere even close to linux

>Since I don't really do anything that illegal or that I'm ashamed of
Me too but privacy is a basic human rights, just because you have nothing to hide doesn't mean you don't deserve privacy.
>Windows is good enough for my use
Sure but if you don't actually need anything exclusive to Windows there's no harm in learning something new, being well versed in Linux is a marketable skill you know.

Of course, And I'd be eager to learn. I'm hoping i can mount Ubuntu or Free BSD (If it's any good) onto my system while still having access to windows.

Sure there's an online guide on that.

>I'm hoping i can mount Ubuntu or Free BSD (If it's any good) onto my system while still having access to windows.
You can try new OSes without making any changes to your current system if said OS provides live images, all you have to do is write the image to a USB drive and boot from it, look up "live usb"

>Microsoft is 10-20 years behind and it's too late
Now that Linux has taken over the PC market and Microsoft no longer retains a huge marketshare.

Wait a minute....

Windows 10 was a mistake