New IMAC's it's a joke

How can people still buy this crap?

Attached: new..png (1804x1366, 443K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wsj.com/graphics/apple-still-hasnt-fixed-its-macbook-keyboard-problem/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Poorfags seething

Unlike PCs, it just werks. Take it out of the box, plug it in, it has everything I need and no viruses. I've had an iMac for 5 years and never had tech trouble, can you pc owners say the same?

Have fun with your HDD

>the G4 iMac have a 7200 rpm drive.
>the 2019 iMac has a 5400 rpm harddrive.

yes

Have fun being poor and not getting laid

Yes, just use Gentoo on pc

>>the 2019 iMac has a 5400 rpm harddrive.

Attached: iJUST.jpg (689x597, 77K)

>his new imac has lesser hardware than my 4 year old PC
lmaoing at your life rn.

Attached: deepwater horizon2.png (532x435, 25K)

paint it white with an apple logo and sell it of 2000$

>hdd
>"""fusion""" drive
y i k e s

5400 is based.
what's missing is an SSD as main drive though

fpbp

That's a lot if money to just be able to browse the web and use MS office.

my man dobson does

What exactly can you do work wise with the $1500 mac? It doesn't seem like you get much for the money your spending.

>can you pc owners say the same?
Yes

I guess you never used an imac before, then fuck off to your wangblows.

Explain. Sell me a mac.

That's probably the weirdest $200 upgrade I have ever seen, from the old i5 model to the new i3 model.

Why would i buy a new computer with 3 year old hardware

>1080 and a 780 Ti
wat

It's honestly not a bad buy if you consider you're also getting a top tier display.
Real problem is the fact that the internal storage can practically not be replaced, unless you don't mind disassembling the whole thing every time you want to touch your HDD.

holy shit i thought we were mocking the hdd in such an expensive product but i just noticed they are charging 1299 for a fucking i3

jesus christ, just how much do apple profit per unit?

>1300$
>core i3
Lmfao, missed that part

The iMacs have consistently been one of Apples better deals because they come with rediculously good and expensive displays. Something people on this site constantly fucking overlook.

The base iMac is pretty bad but the 4k is alright and the 5k is a great buy.

Really the mac pro, mini, and their laptops are shit value in comparison.

If only they just sold the display.

so you're buying a Ferrari with a scooter engine

Attached: honklhonk.jpg (800x450, 47K)

iTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1530495173533.gif (540x304, 1.86M)

There are people out there using Linux, I'm not surprised someone would buy those things.

>Two Thunderbolt 3 ports

Mfw 1100 dollar imacs have as much power as a 300 dollar windows pc

Attached: lsseqpxgttv01.jpg (807x802, 74K)

With a label that's near impossible to remove.

Apple plebs are tech illiterate. They will just buy it because it's Apple. This has always been the case.

Why are they charging so much for this piece of crap? Is it just the display?Does it have some kind of optimization that i can't understand that even with these specs it can outperform everything else?

my 900 dollar pc is 20 times more powerful than that 1100 dollar imac and its probably 1000 times more powerful when you consider the graphics card

I believe Apple is intentionally gimping their Macintosh line, for the purpose of giving them an easy excuse to retire it in favor of an ARM-only company.

that explains why they are using 7th gen intel cpus, they are probably left overs and they dont want to put cheap and powerful ryzens in them because it will confuse the average customer

C O P I N G

stya mad. stay poor. stay a loser.

shut up iShill

one would be poor if you fell for apples product scams

i built a computer that is dozens of times faster than a mac and i still have money in my pocket
who is the poor loser now?

Those are not desirable.good specs in 2019.

The 1080 is fine but 780 Ti were nearly DOA with the puny 3GB VRAM meme.

Haswell and DDR3 means the base iMac single core IPC would be higher and it would beat it on some benchmarks that require faster memory.

overall, a solid 5/10 PC.

Mactoddler subhumans aren't people.

>I wantd the wold to fl the pain of my bokn MacBook Air kyboad. So hr’s my column with no Es and Rs:
>wsj.com/graphics/apple-still-hasnt-fixed-its-macbook-keyboard-problem/
>Appl Still Hasn’t Fixd Its MacBook Kyboad Problm
OOF

Attached: 1544888908096.png (519x956, 318K)

that's pretty cheap compared to iphones :^)

5400 rpm drivers are, in my opinion, the better choice. Real issue with that overpriced iToddler trash is that it doesn't have a 512 GB or 1 TB SSD which you'd expect at that price-point. A say 4 TB 5400 rpm drive would be just fine if the main OS drive as a 1 TB SSD and the lower rpm is preferable from a noise-standpoint.

>A $1,500 computer being sold in 2019 still comes with a spinning magnetic disk as the boot disk
>in 2019
>sold by a major manufacturer
>and it will sell like hot cakes

Seriously, this is unacceptable.

B-But I was richer initially...

LMAO, just buy a new one, poorfag

Thats not the worst part, the worst part is that it has hardware worth 300 dollars or even less and it sells for quadruple the price

Yes and I use win10

If a $1K computer doesn't boot up and do tasks quickly because of its hard drive, it has no business existing in the current year. Fuck off with your excuses.

>Good deal
>$1300 for an i3, a rusty hhd

Neck yourself Itoddler

i know someone with a mac that's slow asf

The worst part is that the $900 probably has a 2 core laptop I7, I mean even the overpriced Intel nuc is way better than this trash.

i have a ryzen 7 2700 and a vega 56

as for storage i have 4tbs of hdd space
750gbs of ssd space (2 250gb sata ssds and 1 250gb nvme ssd)

It just werks for your average consumer.

>people

>fusion drive
cheaping out yet again, apple? why not just put a 1tb samsung 970 pro nvme in there?

give me an AMOLED macbook pro now

>5400 rpm
yeah i love waiting ten years for my programs to load due to seek too

because iToddlers wont notice the difference

>wanting macshit

>8GB RAM
Imagine being such a RAMlet

Attached: ramlet.png (699x920, 211K)

>1920x1080
>intel IGP
>that'll be 1100 amerisheleks + tip sir
sheeeit

eh, 8GB is enough for everything except professional software and gayms. Hell, you can have 2GB and still get shit done if you have a decent OS.

baste

At least the NUC fits a space saving niche.

At those prices it should at least come with 16GB of RAM and an SSD.

Depends what apps you want to run at the same time, and I think Apple only continues to put 8GB of ram because Safari works well with it but if you want to use Chrome it’s not enough.

I don't know mane, my gf has a macbook air with 8gb and uses chrome + spotify + all her work stuff and it never lags
Prolly the NVMe drive has something to do with it tho.

How does the Swap look like, is it empty?

Attached: macos ram.png (1280x868, 436K)

>1499 for a 6 core computer with 4k display

yeah that's a good deal

a bit used.

Attached: inb4 spic.jpg (800x600, 110K)

Where can I buy a monitor that is as high quality as the iMac? I want to get one

we're taugh in school to not use our brain
they simply apply this concept
there are only two kind of people on this planet the ones shitting on the others and the ones getting shat on, nothing else.
I'll let you guess who is who.

Why do virgins always get angry when they see apple products ? Do they associate them with Chad that fucked their crush ?

Why wouldn't anybody sane pay the extra hundred bucks for the 256gb ssd? 27"/5k/i5/570x/256gb ssd is fine for a lot of use cases like say photo editing which would also benefit from the ridiculous display.

It exists for things like schools which are bought into the apple ecosystem which want to cut costs. They also get discounts abliet not steep enough to make the cheapest imac actually a good deal. From a large institutional perspective iMacs have a lower TCO than even a lot of IT people think with the advent of modern MDM software and the fact that Windows Update is an abomination.

It makes no sense for the average person to buy the lowest cost imac. It's something people who are poor and watched too many apple ads would do.

>was too poor to buy an SDD
why did you even get a mac?

What the fuck? I heard they had HDDs still but I was imagining like 6TB+. Apple is too cheap to add a $100 1TB SSD into their $1300 machine? And why are all the other components trash too?
>i3
>8gb 2666mhz ram

Is that Radeon 555X even worth a shit? What is it comparable to, an RX560? For thirteen hundred fucking dollars?

Chad doesn't use computers at all. He only uses an iPhone.

>Haswell and DDR3 means the base iMac single core IPC would be higher and it would beat it on some benchmarks that require faster memory.
>overall, a solid 5/10 PC.
Nice try, but you're wrong and still a fag.

Apple should go with 3rd gen Ryzen next year. At least then they can claim that their machines are "workstation/productivity oriented" with 16 threads.

Then you’re using more RAM than you have, it’s using the macOS install drive to keep up with the demand and even if you’re using an SSD it will be a lot slower than just having more RAM.
With 16GB of ram there would be nothing there.

is it even possible to add more RAM to a macbook air?

OK Carolina
Also
>usar mojave en vez de high sierra en una pantalla no retina

Chinks already upgraded an MBA from 4 to 8 GB. It required new RAM chips and move resistors. Because of the resistor I doubt if 16 GB is possible.

I know who is behind this post....

Attached: ross.png (416x657, 435K)

>2019
>still selling 1 TB drives
Has technology moved anywhere in last 15 years? There should be 100 TB disks right now.

he's right though, people buy it for its excellent display
the system runs great even with those specs
but of course, you could say that you're paying that much for the display and not for the performance, but that's bullshit
>5400rpm
what a deal
he's been shilling his single status lately
he'd have a harem if he liked real girls (male)

why would you need 100tb? why would you need 60 fps?

>8 gb is enough for everything except work
>Applel is selling 8 gb workstation
>with a 5400 rpm drive and an i3

I need as much disk space as i can get, i can always fill it. Computers with less than 10 terabytes disgust me in this day and age, had that 15 years ago. Why would i use it? For example to download other people's data, so then i need as much as i can get. Curiosity, always something good to be found on other people's computers, i don't want to delete it, might find something interesting later on.

>15 years
more like 63. HDDs date from 1956

you forgot
>for 1100USD

I have a feeling they been keeping stuff from us for long and btw internet transfer speeds we use today were also around in 60ies, just not everybody had it.

Yeah if you add that much again you could buy a real workstation.